jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

My Favorite Film about Religion is......

1. DJ Funktual profile image86
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

David Mamet's classic WE'RE NO ANGELS starring Robert De Niro and Sean Penn.   John C. Reilly and Demi Moore are in it too.  I love the sermon that Penn's character gives as he's reading the gun advertisement.  PROFOUND.

"If it gives you comfort to believe in God, than you do it!"

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

nice fat albert avatar. smile  hey,hey, hey.

2. 0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

My favorite movie about religion is Life of Brain.  It crackes me up no matter how many times I watch it.  smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You beat me to it smile

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

or here

It was real fun to watch even at the end of 20th century - despite of being BW and mostly silent big_smile There is no translation into English, though sad

4. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 8 years ago

The Last Temptation of Christ.  Not so much the movie, more the book.  This story, when I read it in 1965, restructured my Catholic-given beliefs forever.  Even today, the book and the film are still banned in different places around the world.  But the story endures.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I watched that one, of course it got banned, but hey, I still like it.  smile

5. RFox profile image82
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

For me I loved 'Water'. Amazing movie.

And a Hollywood blockbuster no less 'Seven Years in Tibet.' Can't believe I enjoyed the Hollywood version so much, who am I? Lol. big_smile

And Sandra: Couldn't agree more with Life of Brian. Love, love, love that movie!

6. mohitmisra profile image60
    mohitmisraposted 8 years ago

I saw the Passion of the Christ recently and I loved it.
    I was angry seeing what foolish arrogant men did to the great Prophet Jesus.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

7. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Got to be Star Trek III The search for Spock.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."