What is the mark of the Beast?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

haj3396 says
    The Mark of the Beast is enforce Sunday worship. The reasoning behind this answer is this. God sign or mark is Sabbath worship.

1. first who is the beast Rev 13-1-8, 16-18 provides 11 identifying marks. verse 1, rise from the sea ( Rev 17-15) 2, composite of the four beast of Daniel chapter 7 ( Dan 7-4-7 ) 2, Dragon give it power and authority ( rev 1315-16) 3, Receives a deadly wound ( Church lost it's power) 3, 7 Deadly would healed 3,( this church received ti's power back) Strong political power ,3,8, ( rev 12-3,7) strong religious power 1,5,6 (Rev 13-3, 8) guilty of blasphemy, 7 ( 13-5-6) wars with and overcomes the saints, 5 ( rev 13-7 ) rules for 42 months, 18 ( 13-5) has mysterious number 666. ( Rev 13-18) God's mark

Ezekiel 20-12, Exodus 31-17 and Romans 4-11

The forehead represent the mind Hebrews 10-16, the hand is a symbol of work Ecclesiastes 9-10. so, if you chose to worship on Sunday, making a mental decision, when the government start enforce Sunday keeping, then you will receive the mark. if you work on sabbath to receive money in your hand when the government start enforce sunday keeping then you will receive the mark.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't churches receive money on Sundays?  smile

1. profile image53
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's not about what the church receive it's about, weather you obey God or not.

Which god should I obey, there are so many to choose from?

So, it's okay to work on Sunday and collect money? smile

1. profile image53

Yes it is ok to work on sunday and collect money.  And the God you should obey is they one and only true God. The be G not the many small ones.

2. Deaconess profile image60
        Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Saturday is the actual sabbath... what happens on Sunday is beside the point.

When it comes to doing God's work on the sabbath...

The scripture gives us a list of stuff like: this will not be done, and that will not be done on the sabbath, and one of the things that is not to be done on the sabbath is... the fire that burns on the altar in front of the sanctuary is not to be put out. The point being made here is... when it comes to the altar fire, the effort isn't in the tending of that fire, but in putting it out... if one's worship of God is pure, then it takes more effort to stop doing it, than it does to do it... if worshiping God feels like labor, then one is not doing it right.

"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever.  It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.  Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy.  Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community.  Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest.  I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'"  (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would suppose that the point that you are making is that humanity has been bending and breaking gods laws since the beginning; falling farther and farther away from the life in which he intended.

No wonder life on earth is in the shape that it is in??

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exodus 31:15~For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death. (NIV)

Jesus worked on the Sabath!  The preachers work on the Sabath?   Do you think that the Lord would be angry is every day was treated as equal to the Sabath.

They asked Jesus about the man who was killed for picking up a few pieces of fire wood and Jesus said that that was due to the evil harts of those that required it cause of the WORD of the law.

It is mankind that wants to take the law literally until it comes to them recieving punishment for breaking them.

1. getitrite profile image72

This crap is so confusing. So it seems to me that God is not Jesus, and Jesus is not God...the OT version of God and his commandments seem to not be accepted by his only begotten son.

It is my understanding that God was the inspiration for that Exodus verse, however you and Jesus have found a way to negate God.    http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt115/lalastarrr/emoticon/thyy-1.gif

1. profile image53

sorry to confuse Getitrite, the Old testament is the new testament concealed and the new testament is the old testament revealed. let me make it clearer, the old testament said Jesus well come one day. the new testament Jesus came. In the old testament it's Jesus talking and the new testament.  notice what the bible states, John 1-1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

2. profile image53

what you need to know there are five laws, the law you are talking about is a civil law and you know that civil laws change.

3. Deaconess profile image60
        Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exodus 31:15 (KJV)

"Six days may work be done but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest holy to the LORD whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day he shall surely be put to death"

The words usually translated as "shall be put to death" (mo·vt yu·mat) means "fated of-death."  It does make a difference to know the original intent of these words. The passage is telling us that those who do not rest on the sabbath will surely work themselves to death!

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh okay.  Now I get it, I think....

You're a Seventh Day Adventist....?

1. profile image53

yes I am, what are you?

4. micadeolu profile image48
      micadeoluposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see a technology guru, who will indirectly capture the world to do his bidding. He will compel people to comform to his gimmick and so on ... that is all I see about this antichrist.

The "Little Horn" which many refer to as the anti Christ was the 14 emperor of the fourth kingdom upon the earth.
          Babylon was said to be the first; Persia was said to be the 2nd, Greece was said to be the 3rd.  and Rome was the fourth.

This 14th king of the fourth kingdom was the LAST emperor of the Roman Empire.  The Hebrew Nation ceased to exist during his reight.  That Hebrew nation had come to their end of days exactly the way that Jesus said that they would.(Matt. 24)

The Mark of the beast comes approx 350 years later.
        Has nothing to do with Old Testament prophesy.

5. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand where you are coming from.   A government enforced Sunday  being the Mark.  Because actually Sunday is not the Sabbath.  Our Lord was crucified on the day of preparation because they could do no work on the Sabbath..  Then the day after the Sabbath, the first day of the week, Sunday, our Lord rose.  The Catholic church changed the Sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday, not our Lord.   Luckily for us tho, we have been told not to esteem one day above another.   We should worship our Lord every day.
      Jesus himself done work on the Sabbath.  One thing he had against the Pharasees was that they held to the letter of the law and placed burdens upon man.  They were concerned with "appearance" and not what is in the heart of man.

6. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The mark of the beast is 666 and will appear on Satan and his followers.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

The Mark of the Beast? Mark Knowles of course big_smile

Other than that? Let's see... haj3396 your name... 3+3 = 6, 9 overturned = 6, and six at the end... Looks quite clear to me...

1. profile image53

clarity is only in the word of God, what leads to destruction, that what seems clear to man

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

The Mark of the Beast...isn't that a bar?

1. profile image53

Only to demon and devils, do you know Jesus Christ, well he know you and he love you know matter who you are.

have a nice day

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Been a long hard work day for me,  I'm tired  Not goina look it up but one of the disciples said to not pay any special regard to the full moon or this day or that nor even the Sabbath.
    =================
        description of the "Beast".  Sounds worse than it was intended!  Persia was the second "Beast" as described in Daniel C. 2 , C.7 & and C. 8
        Cyrus was seen as a liberator of the people.  Not such a bad thing. 

The same can be said for the "beast"  that is seen rising up out of the sea in Rev. 13.  This is a loose definition ..but..  Beasts can generally be applied to any worldly orginization that has dominion over a smaller or a major part of the world.

This "Beast" that the dragon gives his power and seat to, is an orginization that receives power from Satan while Satan is in the bottomless pit for a 1000 years. And after the 1000 years are finished he, the Beast, and false Prophet gathers the kings of the earth together for the battle of armageddon.

1. profile image53

Jerami it's good to hear from you you comments were great, but you left one thing out this beast was difference from all the other beast. the other Beast was political power only, the four beast was a political power and a religious power. The four Beast was Rome, and even today it a religious power, and a   political power. I which I had time to tell you more. thank you

The four beasts described in Daniel were all four political powers.

The fourth was more diverse from the first three .

He shall have foru horns (ten kings) and after these another shall rise up replaceing three (also after the ten)

It is during This 14th king that the end of days is said to come.  That did happen bu 135 AD
           The seven seals are all finished before the trumpets are handed out. It is after this that this beast sescribed in C13 comes into the world.  And Satan gave this beast its power (to deceive) and his seat (Constantines palace in Rome)

1. profile image53

Let me be as clear as possible with you, you have your information right, you 
          just don't know what it mean. Number one the fourth beast is the Roman church of today. This church is the little horn. If you understand you history, look at this, the Bible states'
          Daniel 7-7After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [was] diverse from all the beasts that [were] before it; and it had ten horns.

8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
          why was this kingdom diverse from the other three kingdoms, because it was a church and a government all in one.
          what do this mean? If you know the history of the papacy you will know this kingdom destroyed three kingdoms

I don't think so !!  Daniel saw visions that were concernng that Hebrew Nation that existed way back then.(570 thru 538 BC)  These visions were descriptions as to how that Nation shall come to the end of their days.

John reveived the revelation from Jesus, (94 AD) The seven seales pertained to punishments that were turned loose upon that Nation that had rejected the Messiaha (30 thru 138AD),  Just like one of Jesus' parable of the husbandmen.

The fourth beast in Daniel is The Roman Empire.  The beast mentioned in Rev. 13 is a religious establishment that rose up out of that "Other" beast, just before that other beast (The Roman Empire) died.  This religious establishment is given 42 "Prophetic months to blaspheme the Lord.

1. profile image53

That great now you need to put your history with the Bible,
                                               DANIEL CHAPTER 7               REVELATION CHAPTER 13
              BABYLON               Lionlike beast (verse 4)           mouth of a loin ( verse 2)
              MEDO & PERSIA  Bearlike beast (verse 5)           feet of a bear (verse 2)
              GREECE                Leopardlike beast  (verse 6)   like unto a leopard (2)
              Rome                      Ten-horned beast (verse 7)    Having....ten horns (verse 1)

The Bible and history conclude that the Bible is true. I agree!!!!!!!

5. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

The Mark of the Beast is anything that self harmful or harmful to anyone else. It's a symbol for anything that can bring enmity between man and God. There is no literal "mark." It's completely symbolic and shrouded in mysticism. It's a device for the mind and soul to ponder, not an event or actual mark.

Such is the case with most such descriptions of scripture.

1. profile image53

Sound great carter, but it's not Bible. the Bible is clear the mark is not a literal "mark. But, the Bible is also clear that this is a literal event that will happen. revelation 13-11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

6. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

I think the author of this thread swallowed a bible?  This is some serious regurge. Serious paranoia. 

None of this is going to happen. 

All those verses, quoted, are from the nonsensical ramblings of very disturbed people from the past. Not to be taken seriously.

Scary delusion, man. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/jennymbraun/Smiley/crazy.jpg

1. profile image53

No you are not going insane, you are just fearful, and I would to if I was in your shoes. God bless you and I am here if you want to hear the truth.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which there is an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with one's self.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
          Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny, that kind of describes all of you guys. lol

I don't understand why you referred to me as "all of you guys"
            I'm not affiliated with anyone on this forum.  My opinions are mine.

And I don't go around telling people that "I am here if you want to hear the truth"
            as if religious bigotry, and the belief in the unbelievable is to be accepted, as truth, even though it is fatally flawed.  That implies a position of superiority on the part of the person asserting it.

What is haj3396's claim to knowing the truth?  He knows the words in an old outdated book of unknown origins.  Yet he feels that this, somehow, makes him important.  This is psychosis.

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Ah yes, everyone is afraid of the sky fairy! lol lol lol

He sounds like a nut case!

"Should people cheat God?  Yet you have cheated me!  "But you ask, 'What do you mean?  When did we ever cheat you?'  "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.  You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.  Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple.  If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you.  I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in!  Try it!  Let me prove it to you!  Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease.  Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe," says the LORD Almighty.   (Malachi 3:8-11 NLT)

What a pile of cocky droppings! lol

An all-powerful God claims he can bring food and grapes to the masses but he can't even feed himself?)

8. profile image0
    Over The Hillposted 13 years ago

Ernest,it`s obvious He stuffs your mouth.Why don`t you ask Him to stop so we can see what happens.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I stuff my own mouth, no sky fairy. lol

9. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Then exactly which event, which mark—past, present or future—would that be? If you can't identify it, then you're blowing smoke, and pretending to be something you are not, because "the scriptures of no private interpretation." (2 Peter 1:20)

Additionally the mark of the Beast has been construed by non-Catholics to be the Pope because of the roman lettering on his cap. It supposedly adds up to 666. It's all speculation. There is no proof.

I'm not buying it at all.

10. profile image0
    Non-offensiveUserposted 13 years ago

In answer to the original question,'What is the mark of the beast', I usually look for a name tag that says, "Hello My Name is The Beast"

Imagine coming across that tag during the Social Hour after Sunday Services.  That person would be very popular. lol

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get them to your article though wouldn't it big_smile

2. profile image0
        Non-offensiveUserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the idea!  That should stir things up a bit on Sunday!

Bring a lot of cards, I think you've found a new way to network big_smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would look to see if Beauty is beside you...

11. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

A 666 skid mark on your pair of y-fronts!

12. Smart Rookie profile image60
    Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5175/blogbeastmanfoot02.jpg

Maybe this guy knows.

13. Deaconess profile image60
    Deaconessposted 13 years ago

So... are you saying the beast, that which the mark of the beast refers to, is the beast that rises up from the first beast, and that the first beast is the Catholic Church?

14. wilmiers77 profile image60
    wilmiers77posted 13 years ago

Thanks. This makes sense. I never heard it put this way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)