jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

"Why ?"

1. 0
    E. Anonymousposted 6 years ago

This was left as a comment by Teresa Mc Gurk on my one and only (currently) hub.  I deleted the comment, so as not to discuss this on the hub. I actually believe the question deserves its own topic.

Perhaps I'm having trouble with my profile being the actual center of hubs.  Why don't topics (including my profile) branch from my hub?  Why are hubs so focused into just one article with comments?  If it's really a hub, why can I not use HTML to make the hub an actual "center" of anything.

There are so many "why"s that "Why?" by itself befuddled me.

They're more like pods, or landings, than hubs really.

Anyway, the question, "Why?"

At first I thought "Why what?"  I was looking for a more specific question.  It does say "Ask E. Anonymous Anything."  So I will answer.  I just didn't want to go down the road of "Why ask E. Anonymous?"  I don't know!  I'm curious to find out!  That's the one type of question I'll probably never answer.

Sorry.  The question was, "Why?"

Well, here's my (not gonna pretend it's humble) opinion.

At some point in space-time, we had access (spiritually, if you will) to all knowledge in the universe.  So we're sitting there in the awesome presence of God, or chillin' in Nirvana, when we did what I've asked you, dear friends, to do.  We asked a question.

Obviously we were ultra-intelligent beings, far beyond anything we can conceive of with our limited perception and understanding.  However, from eternity, we somehow became curious about something.  So the question we asked was incredibly detailed, well though-out, and entirely hypothetical.

Now that question is being answered.  Religion tends to focus on what we are that asked the question, if we are the answer to an eternal question, or if there are only a certain select few answers to such questions.  Heaven or Hell, in this context, is assuming that either we, or a deity, asked a "yes or no" question.  It's just gotta be more interesting than that!

So the answer to "Why?" is, "Because you wanted to know something."  It is unlikely that in the presence of all knowledge, one would ask "Why?"  So the question which is being answered in this existential plane is far more likely to be "What if. . .?"  In a very broad, and vague, way "Why?" is the question most people worry about, and the least likely to be answered to anyone's satisfaction.  Even as I've answered it, it leads to a bunch of other questions.  Those, I believe, are the really important questions.

So if the question was actually "Why?" in the universal sense, I've answered as best I can.  If the question was "Why ask E. Anonymous?"  Again, I don't know.  Perhaps as questions are asked, and answered, we'll begin to form opinions as to why people asked.  However, the last thing I want to do is limit the questions or the questioners by deciding why they should ask.

Why Not?

2. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

ok, so Teresa said why? Sorry, I got conufsed.
    Its an interesting subject an you have an interesting view on it. You ought to make it into a new hub, so it can have its own topic, instead of here. Just my opnion, becuase eventually this thread will be lost in the many years of other threads, but if you make it a hub, people can come back to it.

3. Teresa McGurk profile image83
    Teresa McGurkposted 6 years ago

big_smile  That was so much more interesting (if a little confusing) than a hub containing four photographs and a short request that people who don't know you, or know anything about you, should ask you questions so that you can share your knowledge with us.

Hell.  I might even go back and ask you a question, if you promise not to delete it.

And DoorMattNomore is correct; hubs can generate dialogs that can go on for months.  These threads last a few days, and then are gone.

1. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess that answers my question. Thanks Teresa.  wink