jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

why do we call Him Jesus

1. 60
    exorterposted 6 years ago

He was born with the name of Iesousw, which is pronounced ee-ay-sooce ) so why did they translate the name to Jesus

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image59
      Kimberly Bunchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good question! I'm sure someone will have the answer to that question and I will be just as interested to hear what is said about it.

2. 70
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi friends

His name was Issa son of Maryam as per Quran in Arabic which is a sister of Aramaic and Hebrew language which Jesus, Mary and the disciples spoke.

The original Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH on Jesus has been lost ; what the Christians have in the form of gospels is only a diluted account of the Jesus'life and the Mary's life. The Christians believe out of only blind faith that it is ispired to the unbelieving scribes; only to add some credulity to it; which it in fact fails to add, miserably.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

3. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Both Jesus and Christ mean "Messiah" from old Greek and Latin, respectively. smile

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Rumplestiltskin, that was his name, I just remembered it!

You guys are hilarious! lol

3. cally2 profile image61
    cally2posted 6 years ago

I thought his name was Yoshua ben Josef. And Jesus is the Latin form of Yoshua.
    Bloody Romans, what have they ever done for us?

4. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

'Cause "Jesus Christ" has such a good ring to it...makes for a perect response to hitting your thumb with a hammer lol

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

..you're bad...smile

1. timorous profile image92
        timorousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right SOH...I'm usually more co-ordinated than that. smile

5. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Coleslaw is a funny name too. smile

6. akirchner profile image95
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

I always wonder why people insert his middle initial though when ticked off - how do they know his middle initial is H? ....as in Jesus H. Christ!  and what does the H stand for? (sorry in advance for my lack of proper religious decorum)