jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Why do you doubt Christ could do all he has done...

1. Sundaymoments profile image86
    Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago

I am a Christian however after certain things that have occurred in my life I have opened my mind to other religions and possibilities. For those that do not believe in christianity I was wondering what it is that has caused you not to believe in the acts of Christ and the Christian religions.

1. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The same question could be applied to you, why do you not believe in any religion other than Christianity?  Wouldn't that be the essence of opening your mind? smile

Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure that is a great way to look at it; asking myself this question does open my mind to other possibilities. Thanks beelzedeed

2. 60
        exorterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

as a christian, I do not doubt other religions, my Job is to spread the good news about Jesus.
        Allah is worshiped by some, Allah is the God of all creation, that makes Him our God also, we are to spread the good news of The word, No one  is to judge another, but sitting down and talking about the Word with an open Mind should be every one's concern and benefit

Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very well said I could not had said nor explained it as good!!~~

2. Beelzedad profile image60
          Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would think that isn't a job at all, but a way for those who are not secure in their own beliefs to gain self-affirmations by annoying others. wink

I wouldn't suspect it is everyone's concern or benefit. If it something you are compelled to do, then it says more of what you want then what others want. smile

2. getitrite profile image80
      getitriteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The acts of Christ are only alleged to have happened, by eyewitnesses from the Bronze Age.  And since some of those acts violate the laws of nature, they are to be dismissed, unless Christ can be tested today with similar results. There is absolutely no evidence that Christ arose from the dead, or that he performed any miracles.  The alleged eyewitness accounts of ignorant, superstitious goat herders do not count.

The only way I could believe in Christ and Christianity is by blind faith--and that would set me up for being conned.

3. skyfire profile image74
      skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Simple,any entity which manipulates space, time and matter will not waste it's time sending (his) so-called son to educate his creations about it's existence or ways to live life. Whether people turn into Christianity/islam/hinduism/atheism will change rats arse to the whatever life that entity is living. This whole Christianity, love for god drama sounds like creator is bored & playing drama on universal stage. Thinking this way, it's waste of time following Christianity and pretending to open eyes for yeshua and so-called Christianity love lessons.

2. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

my sadness comes from the fact that so many of us do believe in Jesus, but instead of uniting us, it seems to divide, it does not make sense.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image84
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well as with all walks of life, you have radical Christians and then you have passive Christians.  As with all societies, groups have the same personalities as the human beings' running it.  Some groups might be split into type A or B personalities, some groups can be split into every different group- according to the group leader's personality.

However, that is why religious sects will never be united.  Look at Islam.  Some are extreme terrorist, while others are very peaceful people.