jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Who God Uses

1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 9 years ago

God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the Wisdom to know it's me.
    God can use you to your full potential. Besides you aren't the message, you are the messenger.

The Word says all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. When calls you there is no excuse that you can give Him that He will settle for.After all, He used all of these people and even though they messed up some times, they went on to do mighty things for the Lord. So can you.
    Noah was a drunk
    Abraham was too old
    Isaac was a daydreamer
    Jacob was a liar
    Leah was ugly
    Joseph was abused
    Moses has a stuttering problem
    Samson has long hair and was a womanizer
    Rahab was a prostitute
    Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
    David has an affair and was a murderer
    Isaiah preached naked
    Jonah ran from God
    Peter denied Christ
    The Disciples fell asleep while praying
    Zaccheus was too small
    Paul was too religious
    Lazarus was dead!
    Even though these people did these things they were willing to allow God to change them and use them. Many people think they have to straighten out their lives first and then God will use them. This is not true. You come to God just as you are and He will take care of the rest.

1. Crash Jones profile image59
      Crash Jonesposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Seriously? Ugly is a "messed up" action that God's willing to ... what? ... overlook?

If you want to make a point, go for it. Just don't discredit your ideas with blatant disregard for common sense.

1. DeaneMc profile image60
        DeaneMcposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You are absolutely right. Because in God's eyes we are all beautiful. i was actually quoting a part of a scripture and these are the words of the person who was giving their views as to what they saw. Thanks for your response.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Indeed smile  I must say though, I do have a soft spot for Judas Isscariot.  I know people hate it when I say that.  I can't really help it though.  I think, poor guy, the most hated man ever and for what?  Doing what it was that Jesus asked of him.  He was the most obedient, the most loyal, the most loving.  I can only image the sorrow he felt. 

Mary Magdelena was a prostitute. 

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. 

-this is my favorite prayer.  smile

1. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

And looks like you are getting better and better at it smile

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Well, you give me great incouragement Misha.  smile

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I love it.
      I was a wild youth in the Merchant Navy.I have given myself up to God and he has now made a fine poet out of me.
      God is great.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

4. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The Ramayana one of the great classics was written by the dacoit Valmiki who gave himself up to God and reformed. smile

2. michael6933 profile image60
    michael6933posted 8 years ago

I love the part where He used Lazarus...  I mean if He can use a corpse, we all just ran out of excuses!!  ;-)

3. Make  Money profile image74
    Make Moneyposted 8 years ago

Thanks DeaneMc

working