Hearing the voice of God

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (156 posts)
  1. the clean life profile image71
    the clean lifeposted 13 years ago

Have you ever heard the voice of God and if so what was spoken to you?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We would first have to know what the voice of god sounds like to know he spoke. Does anyone really know that? smile

1. the clean life profile image71
        the clean lifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beelzedad, it is hard to explain, but I wrote a Hub called A life changing Whisper and I try to explain exactly what I heard. I would imagine that each person would hear differently.

Then, they are not hearing the voice of a god, but instead the voice inside their head, just like everyone else. smile

1. Electric Feel profile image62
            Electric Feelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to meet Him.

2. wilmiers77 profile image60
            wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"My sheep shall know my voice." Listen to every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God and obey." Beelzedad, you either seek to be One who believes and shall hear God's voice or you can remain totally deaf and blind to the workings of the Spirit of God.

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The smart a** at it again! Though this time spills forth truth instead of so much discrimination.

When I hear spirit speak sometimes I can't distinguish always whose telling me the information so I call them spirit. Unless I know first hand who it is. Like if it is my spirit guide. Or some other spirit.

Hope that helps!

smile

There's really no need to be insulting just because you pretend to have special powers when you most certainly don't. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60
            mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because you dont have any special gifts or rather haven't yet come across  them as yet doesn't mean no one else doesn't. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Beelzedad-WHY DO YOU INSIST ON ABUSING ALBERT EINSTEN?
            After showing yo he doesn't like atheists misquoting him in their favor you still use his picture and air your views
            What is wrong with you?  Why do you have to keep abusing Einstein?
            He was a great man and doesn't deserve to be abused, please stop this non sense.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was praying for my husband to be saved and I would hear a voice say  "You won't have him long after he is saved."  I would hesitate because I didn't want to lose him, but then I would think how his eternity was more important than here, now.  Then I would continue praying.  There was quite a few times that happened, I would here that I wouldn't have him long after he is saved.  My husband was saved in March 1998 and past away in June 1998.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend  stilljustwonderin

One can have an experience or two like this if the Creator-God Allah YHWH wills; but the Converse like a friend talks with a friend happens only to the Messengers Prophets of the Creator-God Allah YHWH like He talked with Moses or with Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908- the Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi. He mentions it in many a books written by him in this connection.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60

News Flash, it happens to us every day people too  God will talk to any one, ya just have to listen.  I know for a fact that was said to me as I prayed, and just like he told me, I didn't have my husband long after he was saved.    Maybe you don't have a close relationship with your God, but some people do.  Jesus is our friend.  Friends some times talk.

1. profile image50

Hi friend  stilljustwonderin

Jesus died a natuarl and peaceful death in Kashmir, India and is buried there. He cannot talk to anybody. Sorry.

Thanks

No he didn't.

1. wilmiers77 profile image60

Please reveal to me the place that Jesus is buried if you can?

2. the pink umbrella profile image73
              the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"i am an Ahmadi Muslim, and im always right, and i have all of the answers. I am a huge a$$hole"

1. themist profile image60
                themistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha, paarsurrey, Jesus did not die in Kashmir? hmm

According to Islam, Jesus was taken into heaven alive. Get your facts straight...

1. profile image0
                  klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kashmir by Led Zeppelin - what a great song! Sorry guys... I have ADHD!

3. mohitmisra profile image60

I keep talking to god.

4. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hear the voice of God every single day in every single situation

He always speaks Truth.

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To Jesus Heart All Burning
      To Jesus Heart all Burning

With fervent love for men

My heart with fondest yearning

shall raise the joyful strain

Chorus

While ages course along

Blest be with loudest song

The Sacred Heart of Jesus

By ev'ry heart and tongue

The Sacred Heart of Jesus

By ev'ry heart and tongue.

O Heart for me on fire

With love no man can speak

My yet untold desire

God gives me for Thy sake

True I have forsaken

Thy flock by wilful sin

Yet now let me be taken

Back to Thy fold again
      Cor Jesu Salus In Te Sperantium
      Cor Jesu salus in te sperantium miserere nobis

Cor Jesu spes in te morientium miserere nobis

Cor Jesu deliciae sanctorum omnium

Miserere miserere nobis

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

When I was a child (maybe 8) I was visiting some friends who had eight children. I was sent to find the young boys for lunch. I was running all over their large farm searching and I remember a voice telling me as clear as day "Go to the dam." I went there and the boys (aged under six) were attempting to take a tinny out into the dam. They couldn't swim. I shudder to think what could have happened.

I am not a christian. So I don't claim it was god. But I do know something sent me to the dam that day...

1. profile image50

Hi friend WryLilt

The Creator-God Allah YHWH could talk to anyone so that one knows that He can talk to; being a Christian is not essential; they are mythical.

Thanks

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Think Allah would speak in Arabic with a nasal voice?

Or would he speak like God in The Ten Comandment's...Kinda deep and profound.

"YOU CHRISTIANS AND PAGANS ARE IN FOR IT!"

wink

1. profile image49
          LeenaHamonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Listening is very important in gaining awareness of God's message. It is common practice among faithful people to praise God and pray for ourselves and others. However, just being with God in the stillness of prayer, and listening, often will result in an idea, or a moment of clarity which is a gift from God that validates awareness of his presence and love for us.

Well said and this stillness and listening can be achieved if you believe in religion or not. 

Many are convinced it's revelation while some chock it up to imagination.

Faith is the dividing feature between imagination and revelation for all who believe in a Universal Being.

You have been looking at the wrong Christians; the Christian is Jesus.

2. Pratonix profile image71
      Pratonixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, WryLilt, whatever you might think. That was God intervening in your life.

3. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

How many people in history have lied and manipulated by claiming they were/are prophet of God? If anyone could truly hear voices from a supernatural being, why would the supernatural being expect anyone to believe them considering all the ones who lied in the past? If you hear voices, but see no figure or person, how do you know it's not evil spirits trying to make you think they are God? I think people making the claims without evidence to hear from God are simply manipulating to bring people to their beliefs and religion.

One good sign would be if they told you to - "KILL EM ALL" but I see your point; however if the voice told you to "LOVE PUPPIES" probably not evil.
      I know I've oversimplified...you get the point. wink

Teri

1. TruthDebater profile image53
        TruthDebaterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.
        lol @ love puppies.
        I think it's interesting that we usually can't trust a person we can see, but many trust so easily in voices they hear or pretend to hear. What if the voices first started out good, then turned evil from love puppies to kill puppies? The puppies could be used for manipulation letting the puppy killer in. The only way I would trust some voices of someone I couldn't see is if the future was predicted and if magical acts were performed. Still then, besides me, who would believe me?

Here's where that little voice called  consciences would come into play. So we have to listen to that voice and trust it as well.

If the voice has gone from saying love puppies to kill puppies. Mr. Conscience comes in and says wait a sec...kill puppies that's demons.

There are many who'd believe you Truth...if they'd believe Charles Manson and Jim Jones...why not you?   wink

Thanks. If someone were to completely submit to the voices when it challenged their consciences to believe, why wouldn't they listen to the voices that tell them to do bad? In the movie "Frailty", killing was taught, but it was demons. How does the person know that the bad voices aren't for a good cause? This is starting to make my head hurt. lol
            I think CM and JJ are excellent examples of why not to believe people that claim to hear voices. I think they also show by their followers that once a person submits their minds, their consciences sometimes become the leaders to manipulate.

The fact that you know to distinguish between a bad voice and a good voice answers that question. There are many who say "the voices told me to do it" as a defense for lapse in Judgement.

If someone says the voice told me to tell YOU...to kill puppies, suspect foul spirits. If we become afraid of our own inner voices be they God or conscience...we go through life looking for another voice to believe. Therein lies the power of the cult.

Thanks. Because you or I know, does that mean everyone knows how to distinguish between the two? Conscience isn't the same for everyone, some must turn their conscience off to survive their environment. I wouldn't suspect any kinds of spirits, but I hope you wouldn't tell me to kill any puppies. I agree on the cult, it's power is having people believe others are favored prophets of God as religion teaches. If God spoke to everyone, why does religion do it through prophets? Prophets wouldn't be needed.

I think the conscience is never off...ignored perhaps.

I have to admit you have me there on the last point; however perhaps the question should be (In the modern world of special effects and technology,) does God use prophets anymore because of upgrades...Now here me out - would modern-day man listen to someone wearing sack-cloth and eating locusts.

Maybe God is upgrading to a better method we've yet to see, or perhaps it's right there in front of us and we just call it Science. wink

Thanks. I sorta agree on conscience, but if it can be reprogrammed, isn't it off of the previous program?
                    You make a good point with science. But science like you, me, and everyone else still falls short of proving for or against a specific God. It seems if a God wanted to be recognized as the same for everyone, they wouldn't make it a puzzle to find them. Since a God hasn't revealed themselves to everyone already, why would they in the future?

My sheep shall know my voice. Kill puppies? Anyone knows that this wasn't the voice of God.

Thanks. Even sheep look around first when they hear a voice to find it's source. This is instinct. Isn't it ironic that many religionists refer to themselves as sheep/animals, yet disagree with evolution? It doesn't sound very empowering to me for people to refer to themselves as sheep, much like you don't think it's empowing to think of humans as apes.

I'm not trying to manipulate any one.  I answered a question.  I did hear a voice tell me that I wouldn't have my husband long after he is saved.
      Just like the voice told me, it happened.  I am no prophet, just a person who loves God..  If you don't want to believe, that's your choice.  I am no liar.

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your husband passing.
        I didn't call you a liar, but I think people can create illusions when they want to believe something strongly enough. The bible says a prophet is a messenger of God. If someone claims God has spoken to them, then relays the message to others, wouldn't this make them the messenger?

Well that was a message I didn't want to hear.  I didn't want to lose my husband, but I did want him to be saved.  The message was for me.  I didn't share it with any one for a long time.  People do have spiritual experiences.  I wrote a hub about one of mine.  I don't know you, don't know if you believe in God, but, with God as my witness everything I said is true.   If I took it personal, it is because my relationship with God is personal.
          Sorry I took your statement wrong.

Thanks. Again, sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter what I believe in the big picture, only what you believe. I would like to point out that many people have been in times of need, then afterwards being able to say they asked for a Gods help, but didn't see or hear a thing. Was they maybe asking the wrong God? I'm not saying spirits don't exist, but I don't believe in a specific detailed God or God's that I can't honestly prove to myself or others.

Thank you, my husband is in a better place.  After he was saved I started praying very hard for him to be healed.  Yes, again I heard a voice say "He'll be healed in Heaven."  I argued with this voice, but, I lost the arguement.  So, prayers aren't always answered the way, or the time, we want them to.  I think most of us pray to the same God, he has many names.  I really can't say, don't know, why I have had some of the dreams that I have had, or heard the voices I have heard.  I just know it is real, I have experienced it.  I understand some one not believing in things they haven't  experienced.   But I can't deny the things that I have.

2. mom101 profile image61
              mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can you or anyone else NOT believe there is a God?  I hope the answer is not science.

1. Cagsil profile image69
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Common sense comes to mind. wink

1. mom101 profile image61

And we all know who rules our minds.

3. wilmiers77 profile image60

Believers know the voice of God. My sheep shall know my voice. "It is impossible to please God without faith."

1. mom101 profile image61

This is a true statement, and if one were to think, he/she would see the truth in this statement.
                I would explain, but, for us  believers, we know, but for the others, maybe their common sense will kick in.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
        2. profile image50

The Messenger is the person who has been explicitly selected to continuously receive the messages and deliver to the other people. Just one or some sentences don't qualify one to become a Messenger Prophet; it is done just to taste others that the Creator-God Allah YHWH has not ceased speaking. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the Promised Messiah in second Coming and Imam Mahdi has written on this subject in detail; one could Google for it, if one is interested.

Thanks

2. the pink umbrella profile image73

I am no christian, but i dont think you are lying. Dont listen to those who try and tell you what you really believe is untrue. You know whats true right?

Thank you.  Yes, I know what is true.  Honesty is very important to me.  If it wasn't true, I wouldn't have said it.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Had you stopped praying, would your husband still be alive today?

What...Beelzedad  she didn't say praying caused her husbands death. If she had stopped praying her husband might not have been saved before his death. Right

Doesn't sound like a benevolent being though have to admit.

wink

1. the pink umbrella profile image73

Ummmm ha, wow. Thats not what Beelzedad said. hes saying that when she prayed, a voice told her that her husband would be gone not long after he was saved. Weather she heard the voice or not, it was going to happen.

Your saying that Beelzedad is asking if she had stopped praying her husband would have died anyway weather she was warned that he wasn't saved so he was saved, but would have died anyway even if she hadn't heard the voice at all. Thanks for clarifiying.

Dont get sarcastic with me, just continue twisteng others words for the benefit of your own inane "points"

I'll get sarcastic with you...speaking of inane points do you have one or feel you should go from thread to thread explaining everyone elses?

lol lol

Wow, just came back to check on this and discovered what a jackass you are. I was no more explaining someone elses thread to you, than i was pointing out how you were twisting someone elses word around. Whats a matter puss...you dont like to be called out on your b.s.?

Im not going to apologise for pointing out what you were trying to do, which is put words in someone elses mouth. Turning something someone else said into something totally different to make them look bad, thereby thinking your making youself look better. Even if they dont notice right away, other people do.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

She also didn't mention whether or not she knew her husband was going to die before she heard the voices. Had she known, then I really don't understand her point. And, by the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like she did know, hence my question. smile

No I get it...the question I have is why the voice, would warn her that her husband would die if he was saved. Instead of telling her..."better get your husband saved, just in case." 

As I said, doesn't sound benevolent...because it seems to leave the possibility open that if he wasn't saved he would live.

sad

No, I didn't know.  At that time he was in good health.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image77

I prayed for his salvation a few years before he was saved   He had a brain anurism. He survived that for a year but it left him with short term memory loss.  Couldn't remember something for more than 15 minutes.  I thought we would grow old together.  Play with our grand children together.  I just thank God that he was saved before he past.  I still miss him some times, but I know he is in a better place.

Deleted

I would disagree that your husband is in a better place, because the best place for him is with you. smile

So sweet....

Thank you.  His brain anurism left him with short term memory loss and daily migraine headaches.  He was in pain just about every day.  He isn't suffering any more.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

stilljustwonderin you are correct, he is in a better place and it takes courage to understand this.

Beelzedad you have no idea what the better place is about so give it a rest.

The authority has spoken! LOL! big_smile

I don't know would be a truthful answer form you.

4. wilmiers77 profile image60

Why is with her a better place? You don't think that any other place could possibly be better?

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image77

Beelzedad,
                I see your post was DELETED.

Are you saying mean, Un Christly things?

Listen to a nice song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VqRlO3w … re=related

4. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Nope, never heard it, but I have witnessed the results of prayer.

5. themist profile image60
    themistposted 13 years ago

Personally, I don't believe God can "talk" to us. I believe if he does want to talk to us, it might be through angels or people. If I actually heard the voice of God, I reckon it'd make me the happiest I've ever been in my life.

You must believe in God first. My sheep shall know my voice. God can talk to even a rock!

6. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 13 years ago

God speaks in many ways.  He has spoken to me through scripture which is the best way to discern His voice.  God does not speak contrary to His word.  He has told me things going on in people's lives, through the Word or Knowledge and spoken through me in a Word of Prophecy.  God is always speaking to us in so many different ways.

7. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

God has spoken to me several times in such a profound manner that it pierced me to the core, in other instances it has been such as the scripture would say; "a still, small, voice." The profound communications which we experience can be life changing, but it is the smaller every day promptings that shape our faith and enable us to discern the right from the wrong through much experience, trial, and error. It's all about growth, and the building of integrity. The hard part is to do what you are supposed to do when asked to do it.

8. the clean life profile image71

onusonus, that's what I heard, a still, solf and so gentle voice. It was like a very calm breeze, and so peaceful. A solf whisper.

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the one!

9. the clean life profile image71

Many folks think I'm nuts by what I have said. You know as well as I know it is that experience that you just can't make up just to tell a story.

1. Pratonix profile image71

Elijah heard the still small whisper of the Lord.

But sometimes Satan deceives unbelievers into thinking that they have heard the voice of God. Oh, Satan too can play tricks.

If one is truly born again, He will soon learn to hear God speaking (not in an audible whisper, but in a kind of registration on the heart) when he reads God's word, or when he sits in church and hears a man of God speaking.

10. the clean life profile image71

Believe me it was not satin. I have been a true believer thoughout my life.

1. Pratonix profile image71

I have read your testimony, and made some remarks on it. Trust in the Lord (Jesus) with all your heart! He will carry you through.

Try Keswick, Whiting, NJ! A great place to be at.

11. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Gods don't give answers, men do...... and claim it is from gods. smile

Being a twin I am sure you possess telepathy and intuition earnesthub smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting observation Mohit. My psychological make up is known to me. I am an intuitive thinking type. smile

Intuition is the source or god guiding you. smile
          Your intuition is beyond the grasp of science or and reason..

You connect with me out of your intuition.

Telepathy is a higher communication method, its how twins connect, people who are close to each other and how entities or god speaks to us.

This fall short. God does give answers to anyone who believes and listens to every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. God has the answers for you joy. God can speak to anyone in many, many ways even audiblly.  God can speak to your entire pee size  brain at once.

12. profile image58
    luzagodomposted 13 years ago

I want to know what the voice of god sounds ,maybe it's sound great.

Believe, love God, and listen.

13. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

The Creator- God Allah YHWH speaks in the following modes:

[42:52] And it is not for a man that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a veil or by sending a messenger to reveal by His command what He pleases. Surely, He is High, Wise.
    [42:53] And thus have We revealed to thee the Word by Our command. Thou didst not know what the Book was, nor what the faith. But We have made it (the revelation) a light, whereby We guide such of Our servants as We please. And truly, thou guidest mankind to the right path,
    [42:54] The path of Allah, to Whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. Behold! to Allah do all things return.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=51

Thanks

14. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

One thing I noticed is that I haven't seen anyone claim they heard God, then looked around the room. This is odd to me. When we hear a voice "not self made", our first instinct is to look around the room to see where the voice came from. The people claiming to hear God without looking around, already claiming to know where the voice came from sounds lame and unbelievable to me. This leads me to believe the voices are made by their head. Also, how do you know the voice is God unless they specifically say, "I am God"? Faith?

1. profile image50

Hi friend TruthDebater

You have raised a valid point; when the Cretor-God Allah YHWH spoke with Moses; God introduced to him:

[20:9] Allah — there is no God but He. His are the most beautiful names.
      [20:10] And has the story of Moses come to thee?
      [20:11] When he saw a fire, he said to his family, ‘Tarry ye, I perceive a fire; perhaps I may bring you a brand therefrom or find guidance at the fire.’
      [20:12] And when he came to it, he was called by a voice, ‘O Moses,
      [20:13] ‘Verily, I am thy Lord. So take off thy shoes; for thou art in the sacred Valley of Tuwa.
      [20:14] ‘And I have chosen thee; so hearken to what is revealed.
      [20:15] ‘Verily, I am Allah; there is no God beside Me. So serve Me, and observe Prayer for My remembrance.
      [20:16] ‘Surely, the Hour is coming; I am going to manifest it, that every soul may be recompensed for its endeavour.
      [20:17] ‘So let not him who believes not therein and follows his own evil inclinations, turn thee away therefrom, lest thou perish.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=11

Thanks

Thanks. I don't think claims of hearing God from a burning bush is a believable example either. Between the bush and hearing voices without looking to see where they came from, I don't know which is more unbelievable. At least they did use a source for the voice as others claim the source couldn't be seen, only heard. Still, I think the God bush has little to no credibility.

1. profile image50

Hi friend TruthDebater

Please read the link in full. When Moses heard such and intelligent talk and he knew no human around; he got satisfied who talked to him.

Thanks

Thanks.

20:19] قَالَ هِىَ عَصَاىَ‌ۚ اَتَوَكَّؤُا عَلَيْهَا وَاَهُشُّ بِهَا عَلَىٰ غَـنَمِىْ وَلِىَ فِيْهَا مَاٰرِبُ اُخْرٰى‏ 
            [20:19] قَالَ هِىَ عَصَاىَ أَتَوَڪَّؤُاْ عَلَيۡہَا وَأَهُشُّ بِہَا عَلَىٰ غَنَمِى وَلِىَ فِيہَا مَـَٔارِبُ أُخۡرَىٰ 
            [20:19] He replied, ‘This is my rod, I lean on it, and beat down therewith leaves for my sheep, and I have also other uses for it.’
            [20:19] اس نے کہا یہ میرا عصا ہے، میں اس پر سہارا لیتا ہوں اور اس کے ذریعے اپنی بھیڑ بکریوں پر پتے جھاڑتا ہوں اور اس میں میرے لئے اور بھی بہت سے فوائد ہیں۔ 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[20:20] قَالَ اَلْقِهَا يٰمُوْسٰى‏ 
            [20:20] قَالَ أَلۡقِهَا يَـٰمُوسَىٰ 
            [20:20] He said, ‘Cast it down, O Moses.’
            [20:20] اس نے کہا اسے پھینک دے اے موسیٰ! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[20:21] فَاَلْقٰٮهَا فَاِذَا هِىَ حَيَّةٌ تَسْعٰى‏ 
            [20:21] فَأَلۡقَٮٰهَا فَإِذَا هِىَ حَيَّةٌ۬ تَسۡعَىٰ 
            [20:21] So he cast it down, and behold! it was a serpent running.
            [20:21] پس اُس نے اسے پھینک دیا تو اچانک گویا وہ ایک حرکت کرتا ہوا سانپ سا بن گیا۔ 

No offense, but I don't think turning a rod into a running serpent is very believable either. That is something I would have to see in person to believe. Sounds more like a fairy tail to capture a persons emotions and imagination.

1. profile image50

Hi friend

God does not make the rod physically a serpent but it look like it; Moses was thus informed that when the magicians would trick the strings look likt snakes; then you use the rod and their magic would be exposed.

Thanks

2. Cagsil profile image69

Hey TruthDebater,

I think what many people do is take it upon faith, because they have nothing else and a limited consciousness.

If half the people did a little research on the subject of human consciousness, and when specifically it came about, then they would realize the truth of the matter.

However, people are lazy.

Hello, thanks. I think the research is the complicated part, even when effort is put in to understand consciousness. Because there are limited objective truths in defining consciousness, philosophy and religion often take advantage in trying to define it's origin.

1 Corinthians 1 verse 21
            For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

I am so thankful I'm not wise!  :-)

1. Cagsil profile image69

roll

God can make a rock talk to you. Why fore you a localize pin size self have placed limits on Infinite God?

John 10-27
      My sheep  hear  my voice , and I  know  them , and  they follow  me.

Yeah, it is called faith.

We don't "see" God.  But we see the effects he has and we "feel" him.  I don't see the wind, but I know it is there because I can see the effects of it, and I can feel it.

Thanks. If the sheep just heard a voice without visual of a sheppard or direction to go, how would they follow anything? The sheep have to see what is speaking to them first.
        I agree you can feel emotional and high with a sense of God or a spiritual experience, but this doesn't give visual evidence that what you believe is correct. This only gives evidence that your belief can determine your emotions, it doesn't give you the original source of emotions.

We just know.  It is called faith.  Like I said, I can't see the wind either but when I feel it blowing on my face, I know it is there.
          The "voice" if it is telling ya something wrong, ya know it isn't of God.  It is just something you would have to experience yourself to understand.
          Emotions.  My Hub.  When I was laying on my bed crying uncontrollably and suddenly felt the most intense, joyful love, that didn't come from me.  I was in deep despair.
          Again, it is something you have to experience yourself to understand.  I understand that.  Please understand, it is something we have experienced, so it is real to us.

2. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wrestled in high school.  People in the bleachers were always noisy talking to each other and yelling and all kind of carrying on..   But I could always hear my coaches voice above the uproar.   
        But I couldn't hear the voice of the coach of my opponent.

Thanks. The difference is you could see/prove the source of the voice, "the coach".

1. Jerami profile image59

All it really says is that if ya listen for a particular voice in a crowd you can hear it.

If that voice means nothing to ya ???   ya caint ... it is lost in the crowd.

Thanks. You still know there is a source to the voice, it doesn't come from subjective faith, there is an objective person that is yelling. I'm sure there have been many wrestlers whose coaches voices meant a lot to them, were heard, and still lost the match.

1. Jerami profile image59

Winning or loosing has nothing to do with the VOICE.

If ya have no interest in hearing the unknown you will never hear it..  Unless  ...   He wants ya to.

Like my grandPa always said.   Ya Gotta Want It First or ya aint ever goina get it.  Unless it is something that ya don't want like a flat tire or the clapse.

Thanks. You could continue on and on with infinite points that still do not give observational proof to something you can't see. Did the voice tell you it was a he or that he only talks to chosen ones? Why would people want to hear voices they can't see or prove as true? Isn't this like wanting to be insane?

There is nothing insane about it.  Maybe one day you will feel God, hear him.  Then you will understand and people will think  your insane.  :-)

2. Jerami profile image59

I don't want to prove anything to anyone.   It is nice though when I can talk with someone else that has had an  experience that we can not prove.

Everything about science was once unproven at one time, and was considered to be just a crazy idea.

Nonsense! I and millions of other people have heard God speak to them. This is understood among born again Christians who have received the Holy Spirit. I am sure that you need to start with your salvation in order to really know God.

4. profile image57
                    exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

when God speaks to someone they know who is speaking, so there is no need to look around,they know his voice

15. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

http://www.atheistmind.com/
    I will understand if this is not a valid link to you Mohit, and will clearly state it's possible bias as an atheist based site, but the data if pretty right I reckon. smile

Hi earnesthub have just gone through it, it states Einstein was not a Christian who believes in a personal god ,but he does believe in God.
      Or a superior intelligence responsible for creating this universe and its laws.

1. profile image49
        Anicholposted 13 years agoin reply to this

“In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.”

I agree with you Mohit

Thanks Anichol its so clear.smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Nope, Here's what he says about you:

"“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. "

smile

Here is the first quote in it's entirety off the page written by  Albert Einstein as Beezledad has recalled correctly.

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

1. profile image49
            Anicholposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmm
            I thought all the quotes on that link are his
            That last quote would suggest he doesnt believe in a personal god but also doesnt support those ideas that there is no god.

It was a lie sort of says it all, but if you read all of what he said just on that link, it would be very hard to pretend that he is a religionist. smile

16. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hearing the voice of God

Hi friends

It is perfectly normal if God talks to somebody.

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)