jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

preaching gospel

1. darkinside profile image60
    darkinsideposted 6 years ago

is it possible to preach gospel to dead???? recently heard some saying we can preach gospel to those who ndead and make them pure.you believe this or you believe all of us is  going to get what we did in our lifetime...or after death salvation by someone's trying(as told first) is possible?????????

1. profile image61
      stoneyyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No and no.  Death is 'game over.'

2. Beelzedad profile image61
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. The problem though, is that the dead can't hear what's being preached. They're dead. smile

2. darkinside profile image60
    darkinsideposted 6 years ago

but there is a part in gospel saying........'gospel wil be preached to those who dead'.so i asked.i couldn't remember tha part...

1. profile image60
      exorterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

those who do not believe in Jesus Christ, those who have not heard the word are dead, you must be born again to truly know life.  We must get the word to the dead

1. profile image61

The word is 'legs.'  Spread the word.

Blasted Xian drivel.  Spread it on the farmers fields where it will do some good.

1. profile image60
          exorterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

stoneyy, your so funny, why not leave the religious hubs and go to a comic hub

1. profile image61

Because the superstitious hubs are comic hubs.

A person can't buy entertainment like Xians post.

I notice you couldn't be bothered to address my point about Xian drivel.  You just surrendered.

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Y`shua spoke to those dead from Adam to He. This precedes the 1st resurrection, as mentioned in the letter of Revealing 20.6;

1. profile image61

And Santa Claus really does bring toys to the good girls and boys.

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh look, an 'unbiased' reading from The Letter of Sock Puppet to the Hub Pages forum. Well done sockie!

1. profile image61

Yes, cowardly Xians liars like yourself are quite the holy socks.  You follow your Father, Satan, well.

Socks for you.

3. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 6 years ago

Psalms 6:5   For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

This is the first scripture we must recognize and from this i shall branch of and say that when a person dies they are not able nor eligible to 'upgrade' their lifes experience, death ends the course.

Hebrews 9:27   And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 

So lets look at your verse again:
    1 Peter 4:6   For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

1 Peter 4:5 "Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead".
    Here we have a clue about the word dead. Quick means "alive to/in God" therefore dead "dead to/in God" or "spiritually dead" is a common phrase.

Since scripture never contradicts itself, the context of dead means spiritually dead, those who have never known God.

So lets see what we get:
    1 Peter 4:6   For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead to God, that they (those same people) might be judged according to men in the flesh (1 Peter 4:4   Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:), but live according to God in the spirit.

1. profile image61

Drool drool drool.  You're making one heck of a mess.  Here's a bucket.

4. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

No it's not possible to preach the gospel to dead people.
    It is however possible to bore live people to death doing so! smile

1. pisean282311 profile image58
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. Joy56 profile image61
      Joy56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

you have almost bored me to death with all your negative comments earnesthub, so why do i bother reading them ...........

5. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

sure, but you are going to have to scream REALLY loudly for them to hear you

6. kess profile image61
    kessposted 6 years ago

The gospel is meant to be preached to the dead onlyso that they may live..

Those who are alive do not need to hear the Gospel for it is already with them.

and when the "dead" hear the Gospel they WILL live unless of course they are unable to hear because they belong to death itself.

They dead cannot preach to to the dead.

Those who preach the gospel from a book are dead themselves, and therefore preach thier own gospel of death.

working