jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (38 posts)

If You Were Eve

1. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 6 years ago

This is a question for men or women as it is more of a philosophical question than one of gender.

If you were Eve, would you have taken from the tree or obeyed God?

1. Rishy Rich profile image80
      Rishy Richposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have to look at my prescribed diet first... smile

2. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not a fair question bc knowing what I know now affects my answer.

Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Then, forget what you know and just answer the question from the perspective of your own personal values. smile

1. lady_love158 profile image59
          lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

K, lets see, some booming voice says I can live in paradise where all of my needs are taken care of and I never have to worry about a thing and in exchange all I have to do is not eat fruit from one tree... sounds like a no-brainer if you ask me!

1. Lisa HW profile image83
            Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol    (It's pretty convenient that the story makes the woman look like the cause of all problems (especially in a world that's been as messed up by men as this one has since the beginning of time.  lol  )  (Of course, I'm still a little puzzled about the thing with Eve and her kids - and then everybody else showed up.  (???)  Something was rotten in Denmark, I'd say (or should I say, "in the Garden of Eden"?)

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is a NEW EVE.

Watch the video :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVAVA4hx … re=related

(a good eve.........) to replace the sinful one.

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I prob would have sinned too. For we are human.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

how come eating is sinning?...if god wanted not to eat..why did god create tree at first place..now since it did and somebody ate fruit from it..it is joint responsibility...now god can't escape from the price just bcoz god owns the system..that is called immoral...

1. brotheryochanan profile image60
          brotheryochananposted 6 years ago in reply to this
    5. stilljustwonderin profile image62
      stilljustwonderinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is always so easy to say what we would do, or wouldn't do, in any given situation.   The thing is, unless we are in that situation we really don't know.  I would like to think that I wouldn't take of the fruit of that tree.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...had to chuckle with this question....wonder where this thread will go...

well...my first thought...is I'd definitely eat something 'cause it looked really tasty...after I was finished...and then no doubt I'd grab Adam and have some fun...why not?

...can't remember what the big guy said....

Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe that's what Eve thought, too. I mean, how often do women actually listen to men? big_smile

3. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

If I were Eve, I would still be trying to find directions on how to get to the tree! big_smile

4. PrettyPanther profile image83
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

I am a person who questions authority, so I'm sure I would have taken from the tree.

5. 0
    exjwlaurieposted 6 years ago

Well I'm sure this will cause a "dust-up" with much of the female audience, but my thought has always been this: 

Eve was created "from" one of Adam's ribs(Gen 2:22).  She was given to him as a help-mate by God (Gen 2:18,20b). God intended for the woman to be in subjection to her husband.  He was to instructed her, love her, care for her--together they were as "one flesh"(Gen 2:24). 

Eve's first mistake was to listen to the serpent, especially when what the serpent spoke was in direct conflict with what her husband had told her, which he had received directly from the Creator.

Her next mistake was to allow the deceitful reasoning to enter into her heart, so that she looked upon the tree with "desire" (Gen 3:6). 

Her next mistake, was that she SHOULD have told the serpent that she needed to speak to her husband about the matter before she broke the 'only law' that God had given to them, regarding what NOT to do!

If Even HAD told the serpent that she was going to be obedient to what her husband had taught her, which had come from God, things may have ended differently.

If Eve had told the serpent--"Look, I am not going to do anything of the sort, UNTIL I speak to my husband about it--things probably would have turned out differently!

Okay--I know, this is probably NOT going to be a widely accepted viewpoint, but that is what I think--none the less!

2. stilljustwonderin profile image62
      stilljustwonderinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is that why men doesn't listen to women now? 
      That Eve sure did cause a lot of trouble!
      big_smile

6. thirdmillenium profile image71
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

We have the knowledge of what happened when she disobeyed God. So by hindsight, I would not have done what she did

7. brotheryochanan profile image60
    brotheryochananposted 6 years ago

It wasn't a tree. I know that doesn't answer your question but it should be food for thought...

8. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

and yet, an apple a day is said to keep the doctor away (and these days, apples are said to be a "super food").  Go figure.  The moral to the story is, "If a serpent ever shows up and tells  you eat an apple, get your apple at the grocery store instead."

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it's because I live in an isolated part of the globe but with thousands of snakes here I still have not been offered an apple by one. smile

Where I live all there are little grass snakes, and none of them has ever done anything but run away from me.   (Hmmm.   Either Satan has decided to stay away from New England (unlikely, from what I see going on in my local news), or else I, for some reason, scare him away every time I rake leaves and run into him.  I think I'll go with the thing that I - and a woman, by the way -  scare Satan.  lol  )

lol lol lol

2. brotheryochanan profile image60

It wasn't a snake. just like it wasn't a tree.
          Did you ever really answer the question that was asked?

wasn't a snake and wasn't an apple. Even on this topic you can't stretch yourself to more an what equates to a one liner. sheesh. lol

The subject is not worth more, and your comments can be read elsewhere. smile

1. Paradise7 profile image86
            Paradise7posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You go, Earnest! big_smile

The personal insults usually follow as night follows day. smile
              Wait for it! He doesn't read what he writes let alone other posts! lol

1. Jerami profile image77
                Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is true as an over all statement.  All of the time!

9. Diane Inside profile image85
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

knowing what I know now, the answer is no, I am still mad at Eve, for eating that fruit. Because now I have to suffer through those pesky periods every month. It's all her fault.

I always thought that involved a curse of some sort.  Did God do curses, besides the whole weeping-and-gnashing-of-teeth thing?   hmm  Either way, hang in for a few decades and that pesky situation eventually goes away and is replaced by brittle bones and all kinds of other horrible things passed down from that scoundrel, Eve.  Oh wait - weren't women made out of some surgical situation involving Adam's rib??  Hey!!  We get the osteoporosis thing from ADAM!!!   mad

1. pisean282311 profile image59
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

yah life was so much better in the garden and God only promises to help with child rearing not child bearing, but i am willing to believe that he helps with the other, although he's not saying lol

10. Windsweptplains profile image88
    Windsweptplainsposted 6 years ago

I wish I could say I would have obeyed God, but I think that my sin nature would have taken over. Hindsight is 20/20.

11. brotheryochanan profile image60
    brotheryochananposted 6 years ago

good luck to you guys lol

working