Do Satan rule the Earth?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

With all the hate that's on the Earth done Satan rule the earth? And if there is no Satan why is there so much hate? What's the answer?

1. thooghun profile image93
      thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The answer to both your questions is simple: Humans rule the earth.

1. profile image53
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Give me some proof   of your statement. I don't believe man want to take drugs, kill, kill children, lie, steal, etc. I believe that Satan is behind all of this.

1. thooghun profile image93
          thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The point I made is self-evident. Humans rule the earth. It is YOU that needs to provide the proof of the existence of Satan, not I.

1. profile image53

It takes faith ( in the Bible) to provide spiritual points. Now if you have faith in the Bible then you know I am right. But, If you done time will prove me right. I was once like you give credit to human for all evil, but, the Bible open my eyes. Let it open yours.

2. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The  world sure has gotten worse, since we took God out of schools, and every where else. the more we take God out of our lives the worse things will get in the world.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No that just points to a bunch of ignorant people who refuse to be responsible about their actions and face the facts that they are suppose to live peacefully with others like themselves.

No god required to understand life.
        No god required for living said life.

1. profile image53

It's God that give you the breath to put him down, done that tell you that there is a loving God. O yes you done have faith in God's word, therefore, you can not see God's Love for you. Since you believe only in man, I am man read the bible. welcome aboard brother.

3. Freeway Flyer profile image85
      Freeway Flyerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Blaming everything on Satan does not explain hate and evil. If you blame Satan, then you need to explain why Satan even exists. If God is all powerful, why does he allow Satan to even be around?

Secondly, Christianity teaches that humans have free will. No one can simply say, "the devil made me do it." If the devil is forcing people to do bad things, then God is ultimately responsible because he lets Satan stick around.

1. profile image53

You are right God do take responsibility for Satan action. Look  Satan was an angel of God that went bad. God could have destroyed him but, the other angels and other worlds would have feared God. God decided to let sin run it course.
        There are two power in this world God's power and Satan power, God focus on love and Satan focus on hate. Since you have free will, God let you choise whom you will serve. God or man. whom have you chosen?

4. flowerpick profile image67
      flowerpickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no such thing as satan or some call it the enemy of God.. God don't have an enemy, He is a friend to all living beings. and God rule this world but he put maya or illusion to test us here in this world how we are willing to love Him and go back to our real home (kingdom of God). He the law of karma in this world for us to be responsible in our action, and reincarnation for us to have a chance next life to go back to the kingdom of God. He design this world to have some suffering and calamities for us to inquire and to decide to go back to Him.. this is His mercy.. People may think God is so cruel that he killed many people with calamities etc.. no, it is their karma by doing bad things they reap bad incident in their lives. another point i that we are not our material body, we are the eternal spiritsoul inside this body. We do not die, we just leave our material body behind so there is no question of God killing. He design this world, karma and reincarnation for our own benefit.

1. profile image53

where in God's word do it state thoughts words, no where, you can believe in man as long as you want, that's your free will kicking in, but, please be with God soon.

5. Lady LaShonda profile image73
      Lady LaShondaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is an interesting topic...I will try to answer the best of my ability...

Lucifer A-K-A Satan A-K-A the Devil A-K-A the Beast A-K-A THE ANTICHRIST

Abaddon - Revelation 9:11

"And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon."

Accuser of the brethren - Revelation 12:10

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. "

Adversary (one who stands against) - 1Peter 5:8

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: "

Angel of the bottomless pit - Revelation 9:11

"And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon."

Angel of light - 2Corinthians 11:14

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. "

Antichrist - 1John 4:3

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. "

Apollyon - (Greek Απολλύων, or Destroyer) - Revelation 9:11

Beelzebub - Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:22; Luke 11:15

"But when the Pharisees heard [it], they said, This [fellow] doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. " (Matthew 12:24)

"And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. " (Mark 3:22)

"But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils. " (Luke 11:15)

Belial - 2Corinthians 6:15

"And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? "

Devil - Matthew 4:1; Luke 4:2,6; Revelation 20:2

"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. " (Matthew 4:1)

"Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. . . . And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. " (Luke 4:2,6)

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, " (Revelation 20:2)

Dragon - Revelation 12:7

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, "

Enemy - Matthew 13:39

"The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. "

Evil spirit - 1Samuel 16:14

"But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. "

Father (father) of all liars - John 8:44

"Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. "

God (god) of this world - 2Corinthians 4:4

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. "

Great red dragon - Revelation 12:3

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. "

Lucifer - Isaiah 14:12

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! "

Man of sin - 2Thessalonians 2:3

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; "

Murderer - John 8:44

"Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Old serpent - Revelation 12:9, 20:2

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. " (Revelation 12:9)

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, " (Revelation 20:2)

Power of darkness - Colossians 1:13

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: "

Power of death - Hebrews 2:14

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; "

Prince of this world - John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11

"Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." (John 12:31)

"Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. " (John 14:30)

"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. " (John 16:11)

Prince of the power of the air - Ephesians 2:2

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

Roaring lion - 1Peter 5:8

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: "

Ruler of darkness - Ephesians 6:12

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. "

Satan - 1Chronicles 21:1; Job 1:6; John 13:27; Acts 5:3, 26:18; Romans 16:20; Revelation 20:2

"And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. " (1Chronicles 21:1)

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. " (Job 1:6)

"And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly. " (John 13:27)

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land? " (Acts 5:3)

"To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. " (Acts 26:18)

"And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen. " (Romans 16:20)

Serpent - Genesis 3:4, 14; 2Corinthians 11:3; Revelation 20:2

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: . . . And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: " (Genesis 3:4, 14)

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. " (2Corinthians 11:3)

Son of perdition - John 17:12

"While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. "

Tempter - Matthew 4:3; 1Thessalonians 3:5

"And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. " (Matthew 4:3)

"For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain. " (1Thessalonians 3:5)

Thief - John 10:10

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly. "

Wicked one - Matthew 13:19, 38

"When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth [it] not, then cometh the wicked [one], and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. . . . The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one]; "

With these scriptures, I can conclude that Satan is upon this earth and his works are everpresent manefestations of evil..

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this
    6. profile image57

does satan rule the earth?  I would never give satan the credit, the word tells us to tell of what God does, this is a way of praising Him, if we start talking about what satan is or is not doing, is this not praising him.

7. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Satan is in temporary management of the earth.....But soon enough his lease will be terminated and he will be looking for some water.....smile

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A powerless, incompetent god should be fired for his mismanagement. smile

1. pisean282311 profile image62
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol...

2. rancidTaste profile image62
    rancidTasteposted 13 years ago

Satan may be behind this but every good or bad works are done by the human and no one else....

1. profile image53

Revelation 16:14
      For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
      Revelation 13:14
      And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

3. Rod Marsden profile image66
    Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

Maybe there is so much hate because there are some people who have used religion to do the wrong thing by other people and by our poor planet for a very long time. Satan need not apply. Humans can be quite unreasonable and irrational on their own.

1. profile image53

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Religion has many faces.   Too many faces. 

We realy can believe in God and personaly leave religion out of it.

1. profile image57

there are many religions, there are many bad seeds in all religions, we can not blame religions because of the bad seeds, religions do a lot of good, just as the bad seeds do a lot of harm

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are no bad seeds - only poorly nurtured,  inadequately sheltered, and poorly nourished plants.

1. profile image57

the tares shall grow with the wheat

1. Lady LaShonda profile image73

I must agree. See people forget about that parable. The mystery behind it is, the tares are the bad seeds. They grow into tares. They were never meant for human consumption from its infancy. This can be applied spiritually as well. Its only when the tare is full grown, can we determine its worth.

The good seed is the wheat. Its true that they grow together. But this doesn't happen because the way a wheat is grown. According to this parable, the tare seed were planted there as an out right disrespect to the farmer who planted wheat.

This is what satan does. He disrespect God by sowing seeds of discord in the hearts of his people. Thus producing tares. Visit my hub on this very topic called Wheat, Tare, and the Weed, Know the difference part one and two...

1. profile image0
              brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People in and out of the church do the same thing. Your hub on wheat, tare, and the weeds was brilliant!

I am so glad you enjoyed reading it. That was one parable that I had difficulties understnding, let alone having the ability to teach it. You wouldn't guess how many years it took me to finally get it and apply it to every day Christian  living.

2. profile image53

it's man that have to many faces, thats what everyone is saying, but, I believe man have a good heart, but he is being lead but the devil.

Haj,

We were all born into sin. None of us came here in perfection except for Jesus Christ. If we are to examine the heart of the matter, the it is deceptive. See its not what man puts into his heart that defiles him, its what comes out of it that does. And yes man does have many faces.

The sad part is, we have been dealing with this since the beginning of time in the Garden. Satans sole purpose is to mislead everyone so that we can be found in disobedience to God. Satan knows that if we are separated from God, that he (satan) gets all the glory. ANd the main reason he do these things, is because man was made a little more than the angels. ANd we have free will. Something angels never had fron creation.

1. profile image53

Lady Lashhonda I was  born in a truck, that don't make me a truck. If you study that out God is saying we all were born in a sinful world, but, our chooses shape us to what we have be come. When a Baby is born he is not a sinner. Need to know more reply

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

You got the thread name wrong yet again haj lol

It should read:

Do Satan done rule the Earth?

There that's better!!
    lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)