Why did God make girls?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (122 posts)
  1. mohitmisra profile image61
    mohitmisraposted 15 years ago

GIRLS

Why in the world did you make girls?
    Some so beautiful my head I have to twirl.

Does she know in me she creates a sensation?
    I have started thinking of the word creation.

So many around so gorgeous,
    My mind seems frivolous.

How the hell am I supposed to just stay with one?
    I want all the pretty ones as they come,
    Then these things I want none.

I know they are all but your form,
    The rose comes with the thorn.

Show me the path I pray to you.
    Then I will know what to do.

I am a bachelor and mean no offense to any woman.Please your invaluable comments.

2. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

very nice poem.

you are right.

girls are gorgeous and men can't never get satisfied of one but we have to.

I could stopping all bad habits except thinking of another woman than my partner.

so, what should we do to stay loyal?
    too much love I think
    more than usual

thanx

mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your kind words.Its another complex question like so many others.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Eng.M profile image65
        Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

anytime man.

I think we should ask as much as we can to understand as much as we can.

thanx

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Sweet sentiment.  The rhyming structure, "di-dum-di-dum-di-da, di-dum-di-dum-di-da" is childlike and unsophisticated, reminiscent of an old-fashioned limerick.  If that's not a deliberate choice, then perhaps it's worth looking at opportunities to make the rhythm more complex and poetic

Its a classical style the most difficult to write, with a metric lenght and rhyme.
      I have  used as simple english as I possibly could in my poems as I believe in the philosophy of the poet-think highly but express yourself for the common man.You will see many masters ,their choice of words are very simple but you could not have covered the subject better.I would love to hear your poem on girls.
      The wise are able to make a complex subject simple-express it simply.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

As a general rule, if you put a poem into the public domain it's better to accept all feedback as a gift and try to understand it, than to try to change the commentator's mind by justification. Marisa's comments are helpful.

Now, in fact you are not using simple English; you are only using simple words. You are in trouble by line two, where you have inverted the natural order of words. Instead of 'I have to twirl my head', we have 'my head I have to twirl'. What compounds this error is that you are doing it simply so that you land on your rhyme word 'twirl' at the end of the line. Your first couplet is therefore inverted and rhyme driven. These are basic faults that would stop any reputable poetry editor from reading further. Sorry I can't be more positive about this one.

Now this is helpfull.At least you dont tell me to write it in another style.

4. Marisa Wright profile image87

Mohit, I am not a poet so I can only base my personal opinion on my memory of school, where the  structure of two lines rhyming, followed by two lines rhyming in a basic sing-song rhythm was the simplest form which we were taught first.   The only hard thing about it is finding two words that rhyme.

I'm quite prepared to believe that the form may be more difficult to achieve in another language - but in English, we associate this structure with childish rhymes like limericks, nursery rhymes or riddles, and that seriously detracts from any beauty there may be in the words. 

Modern poetry in places like America, Australia and the UK is more focused on the lyrical use of language and less on rhyme.  This may well be purely a matter of fashion but it naturally influences our perception of poems.

Sorry thanks for taking the time to comment.
      Mohit

5. Marisa Wright profile image87

Now, this is what I would call a more sophisticated use of rhyme and a more lyrical use of language.  In other words, a real poem:

Let no-one hurt peaceloving folk
    or turn their hearts to warring ways
    while sunlight plays on Istrian oak

silvered and blued with spiral stroke,
    bright in Venetian midday haze.

who meet to share a drink, a joke
    with neighbours in the cobbled maze

and bustling market stalls revoke
    the cruel Decumanus days.

or fuel their prejudice to poke
    the wolf asleep with sheep that graze

fingering wisps of woodland smoke
    where neither cross nor crescent blaze.
    while sunlight plays on Istrian oak.

With a deep bow to its author, Paraglider, poet par excellence!

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more Marisa! Beautiful poem Paraglider, I am humbled by your words. smile

Sorry but I do not believe fancy words make a good poem,I dont like this one.Has very little meaning in it.Fancy words is an ego from the writer-it wil not reach out to many.A poem must reach out to all even one who has a basic understanding of English.That is why there are so many masters whose poems come in school books,that is poetry.

A like what the enlightned one Osho says about poetry-he understands.
          Your own words may not have been grammatical.That does not matter,that is the freedom of the poet to open his heart,not to bother about grammer and not to bother about rules of language.You just put your words.
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

His words aren't all that fancy, but he can paint, and how much better a poem that you can only read, then a poem that you can see.  smile

Simplicity is the key mark of knowledge of a master.Till you dont understand its complex and you will put it forward in a complex manner. The topic again is Why did you make girsl?not on peace if it was I would have put another poem.

What is this world so full of care ,
            We have no time to stand and stare.

This is a master ,such simple words yet so very beautiful.amazing ,extraordinary.

Well, Mohit, you'll notice I didn't post my poem here - Marisa did, for which I thanked her. Sorry you didn't like it. Maybe I'll strike lucky next time. I have a few poems about girls, but none on the question 'Why did you make girls?' because it presupposes too much that I don't believe. So the field is yours, on this one.

Do put up your poem on girls.Please do.

Do put up your poem on girls.Please do.
                  I am looking at it in a philosophical and humorous way-mainly humour.To much heat in the other threads.Interesting viewpoints from Misha,Sandra,Mark,Sparkling jewel.Origin plus,Shirley Anderson,Rfox and offcourse yourself.I felt its getting a little heated up ,I am also to blame and thought some good humoured jest would be nice.Thats why I chose this poem.I was hoping to make people laugh.And put a smile on their face.

1. Crash Jones profile image60
                    Crash Jonesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You don't lie well. You put the poem up because of hubris. You should take lying lessons from your English instructor. He sounds like he's got it down ... either that or you're really gullible.

And as to your remarks about paraglider ... ah, bleh. Nevermind. He's probably the "coolest" person on here ... he doesn't play favorites, says what he means, doesn't let people bait him and, on to top it off, he's a real artist.

ps - I still want paraglider to be my guru.

3. Mark Knowles profile image57
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mohit - you are doing yourself no favors attacking people in this fashion. Paraglider did not place his poem here. Some one else did.

You have consistently demonstrated a complete lack of humility and lack of control. I do not believe you are in any way enlightened, and look forward to your next incarnation.

The only thing I can say positive about your poems is that they rhyme.

You have also demonstrated a complete lack of grasp of the English language. I said last time I spoke to you that you owed me an apology, now you owe Paraglider one.

In the mean time, here is a book I can heartily recommend:

How to Win Friends and Influence People

I can also say you owe me and apology,why dont you drop it.
            I am doing something good for humanity.If you cant see that or understand I cannot force you to.You have been and are still insulting.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

big_smile Ego-less as always.

With humans its different,I will defend myself.I talk about the cosmos.

2. Paraglider profile image88

Marisa - I'm honoured that you have kept this one all this time. Thank you, and RFox too for the appreciation.

3. profile image0

I agree, that is wonderful poetry.  Paints a simple picture,  symbolized peace, old country living.  I think I can smell the smoke from afar, warm crips sun on my face, peace and quiet.

Exellent powm Paraglider.  smile

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

Well now I want to share a poem.  Don't want critisism, but it's cool if you do. 

I had held in my palm now for so long
    a quietist seed that destinies freed
    dolefully waiting I look and I see
    an alluring pot perfect for creed
    I carefully plant the anonymous seed.

My eyes had swelled a deciduous flower!
    my heart being scorned hour by hour
    critically thinking, how could this be?
    Then I found my harmonious seed.

I planted the seed and smiled and wept
    searching for places for them to be kept
    holding them now where they seceretly met.

By chance before long the two had burgeoned
    indefectible lovers that became so strong
    this is why they must belong. 

Not quite as good as Paragliders, but....what the hell right, let's share.  Go easy on me marisa.  smile

this is touching- a poem must touch.
      Also you were talking about men earlier,write some line on that -what you feel about them-lets make this topic nice and humorous-I have- its not just poetry.You have also been simple except for the word decidous-I had to look it up-try a simpler word there-Then you wil see how difficult it is .
      Expand on my couplets or suggest how I could improve them or your own lovely lines.That would be a critic.

A story of a painter.He displayed his work in a gallery and stood by anonymously.Poeple came and said various things ,he could have used a different colour to different strokes.The next day he went with his palette of paints and anyone making a remark he would say improve it,use these paints I am the painter and I give you permission.Not one person touched the painting and made any changes.

I have a lot of respect for the English  Professor Rajan Sharma retired from the Goverment College in Gurgaon.We have spent long hours having lovely conversations about god and truth.
      He is very knowledgeable and well read.So I told him maybe you could edit my poems to which he said "your poems are perfect I cannot write like you.I have rarely come across poems like yours,its to deep I have to keep asking you the meaning and I cannot edit your poems ,a human cannot write like this you come from another planet,no one can edit your poems..

7. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Hitler and Stalin had thousands of fans also.

A quote from my book contemplate on it.

They dont look so good and and are not to amusing,
      An insult from them is not bemusing.

The magic in them is so clear,
      It all goes when they show such fear.

Hitler and Stalin were also religious poets for you,like the Buddha was arrogant.

8. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

OK then, here are a few girls for you, Mohit. Maybe not quite the right sort, but you did say you were shooting for humour. . .

Helga's Chickens take the floor
    around eight thirty every night.
    Could anybody ask for more?
    Perhaps some spotty troglodyte

would rather hide away and write
    computer code, but that's a bore
    and hardly likely to delight
    Helga's Chickens. Take the floor

for instance - even if it wore
    a carpet of a lurid white
    our eyes would still be on the door
    around eight thirty. Every night

the Paranormal's heaving. Quite
    a crowd prepares for what's in store
    and brightens as they dim the light.
    Could anybody ask for more

than Helga and her brood? Before
    you rush to call her 'parasite'
    or breathe the appellation 'whore',
    perhaps some spotty troglodyte

will rush to her defence and cite
    an evening back in '94
    when he succumbed, gave up the fight
    and sang 'O come let us adore
    Helga's Chickens!'

How sweet.I laughed.Very nice sense of humour.Thank you.
      would rather hide away and write .
      computer code, but that's a bore-  these lines cracked me up

Everyone some humour please.

Mark you to I have seen your witty side in some of the comments.
          Two Buddhist monks would travel together .In every village they would stop and laugh till the whole village laughed -then they would leave.

LADY

She is so gorgeous,
            Seeing her with someone else I get jealous.

A stunning peace of art,
            I wouldn’t like to see her depart.

How do I approach her?
            In me there is a fear.

Mystical creatures in your majestic play,
            Nothing is meant forever to stay.

Your eyes are your best asset,
            Don’t read in bad light, it is not something you can reset.

What Albert Einstein termed optical delusion,
            The Indians termed Maya or illusion.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

LOL When I make fun of you, you attack me in a humorless way. Make fun of me and I will not be offended.

I have an extremely short list of people I care about what they think of me - You are not on that list.

I have a slightly longer list of people whose opinions I respect on certain matters - You are not on that list either.

I have a slightly longer list of people whom I love and will kill or die for - You are not on that list.

I have an even longer list of people whom I like and will do things certain things for - You are definitely not on that list.

I have a very long list of people I think should be taken outside, thrashed within an inch of their life and then slowly strangled to death with a wet tea towel - You are not even on that list smile

You have no clue how to conduct yourself, and I suspect that you are actually suffering from an illness called manic depression. Therefore I have restrained myself so far, because I have had personal experience of this illness, and sort of feel sorry for you.

But you have consistently refused to accept good advice - which has been given from a variety of people.

Which also leads me to believe you are in no way enlightened, and are also suffering from delusions of grandeur.

ciao

You are not very diplomatic yourself.Because you are not enlightened does not mean no one else is.Do you think i would be ranked over Khalil Gibrans The Prophet if I was not enlightened.I still think you have a nice sense of humour.I hope one day we will be friends.smile
              Dont you think its an achievement few can manage.Would you like it if you were one of the top ranked poets ever,the highest ranked from your country and I call you an idiot.My overall rankings is at 41.Ponder Awhile from a collection of 57,370 books,could I really be stupid?.

I have an even shorter list of people whose achievements I am impressed with.

You are not on that list either.

And I have never called you an idiot or stupid. Feel free to quote me.

But you are slowly winning me over. big_smile

And I am beginning to get fond of you as well.Often in life when a friendship starts well it breaks of easily-come easy go easy.Then there are times when it starts with clash and somehow it works out very well in the long run .I cannot deny your intelligence and your sense of humour you have both. smile
                  I have an admiration for the British I think they are very evolved and have produced so many great minds-masters.

big_smile

big_smile big_smile  I will sleep in peace today-Thank you.

2. profile image0

OMG!  You are my internet hero!  This was too funny.  Hopefully I managed to avoid you sh*t list.  LOL.  smile

I agree this is too funny,lovely humour.
                I have a very long list of people I think should be taken outside, thrashed within an inch of their life and then slowly strangled to death with a wet tea towel - You are not even on that list smilei Am I glad not to be on this list at least.

I was very disturbed.I went home and meditated.The words  just kept ringing in my ears."Ego is the downfall of the greatest of sages".I cried ,I am still crying.I did not like myself.I have been arrogant to a lot of you on this forum.I am very sorry to you all,I hope you alla ccept my appologies.I may be enlightened  but I am still human with many flaws which I must work on.
                  Mark you are probablyy the eldest and wisest on this forum.I promise you i will be humbler towards you in the future.

9. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

'Do you think i would be ranked over Khalil Gibrans The Prophet if I was not enlightened.. Definitely Delusional.
    Not a bad thing if used correctly. Doubt that this is the place for it. Like chasing one's tail. Maybe should try the real world. Or as an excercise, try writing for a week or month, without using the terms  I, me, myself, mine or
    Mohit said. Have to learn something there.

Why dont you have look at my book rankings then you will understand.Am ranked over Shakespeares Sonnets as well.

Seems I missed all the good stuff because of my time-zone.
        But I enjoyed this one, Mohit:

Let's check this out. First the Shakespeare:

XVIII

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
        Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
        Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
        And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
        Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
        And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
        And every fair from fair sometime declines,
        By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed:
        But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
        Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
        Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
        When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
        So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
        So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

- o -

Now the Misra:

LADY

She is so gorgeous,
        Seeing her with someone else I get jealous.

A stunning peace of art,
        I wouldn’t like to see her depart.

How do I approach her?
        In me there is a fear.

Mystical creatures in your majestic play,
        Nothing is meant forever to stay.

What Albert Einstein termed optical delusion,
        The Indians termed Maya or illusion.

- o -

Well, it's a tough call, Mohit, but maybe you pipped the old boy at the post with

I can honestly say I've never before seen such a couplet in a love poem smile

Have look at my book paraglider you will understand why libraries are ranking me over Shakespeare.My book overall is masterpiece.So many poems no man has or will ever be able to write like.A poem I put up Religions on this forum.You are a poet try getting the meaning in a religion that itself will  take you time,maybe years- then try putting it in a couplet with a metrical lenght and rhyme- a lot of poeple have told me impossible no one can write like this.Not been ranked 1 for 2006 for no reason.

a message i just got on my email

Dear Sir,
            Greetings.

At the outset let me congragulate on your commendable achievements.
            Chitra.L

Mohit - I have read your book, thank you. It may very well be a masterpiece of something, but that something is not poetry. One man who wrote poetry very like yours, though his subject matter was entirely different, was William Topaz McGonagall. He shared with you the conviction that he was a genius. Check this out. You might even like it.

10. Marisa Wright profile image87

First of all, let me apologise to Paraglider for exposing him to insult. It never occurred to me that a fellow poet would fail to appreciate that poem.  Sandra makes the point well - you can read a rhyme and appreciate its meaning, but true poetry paints a picture you can see as well as hear.

Mohit, I don't doubt you are sincere in your desire to teach people and share your message.  However I can't decide whether you have an excessively high opinion of yourself (which is not the sign of an Enlightened One), or whether your self-praise is just a marketing ploy.  Either way, let's get this in perspective.

Yes, your book is ranked high on e-library, but that is only a directory of ebooks.  Unlike hard copy books, where a bestseller is one that sells thousands of copies, an ebook is judged a success if it reaches 500 copies.  Therefore it's not hard for your book to rank highly, especially if you're doing a good marketing job.  Let me know when you've hit the bestseller lists in the New York Times and I'll be impressed.

Yes, your book ranks above Khalil Gibran - on a site called Scribd.

You have 8 reviews on Amazon, 7 of them good.  However most of the "reviewers" have submitted only one review to Amazon.  It wouldn't be the first time that an author got a few of his friends to join Amazon to post a friendly review.  In fact, one of them even admits he's your web designer.  You published with BookSurge and one of their options is a paid review - which one was that, can I guess?

The one bad review says "I looked inside the book before purchasing it and liked the poem that was shown. Well low and behold, when I received the book, I realized that it was indeed the only nice poem after all. I am most disappointed with this book!"

My  soft copy is ranked on Best Book Buys which has collection from 28 bookstores including amazon and Barnes and Nobles.And I apologise to you as well.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this further reference. I could not see your book in their "Top 100 Bestsellers" nor any other place on their site where books are ranked.  In any case, their bestseller list reflects the books that have sold best through their site, not the books which have sold best at those 28 bookstores. So we are still talking about online sales.

Marisa even If I was ranked 1 in ebooks,on any library -who else is.Its my book thats ranked 1
          Do you know anyone else who is ranked 1 in a library-anyone in the planet planet forget this forum.You talk like its rubbish-insignificant.The rankings on Best Book Buys is not sales that happen through their store.I have sold thousands of copies in India.There are so many reviews on amazon and the blog yet you showcased the only negative one.How petty can you get?
          I was also answering the questions to the best I could but was at times attacked for no reason.How does it make a differece where it is coming from it still answers the question and I am a spiritual or religious poet and my book does fall in the category of religious books,whwy should I njot quote from it if it answers the question,its why i wrote th book.I do feel it was a case of ego where some of you were  unable to answer the question and I was.I am also called the Shakespeare of Pune-who else do you know is?
          Are you called Shakespeare by anyone?

www.bestbookbuys.com   
          Poetry<For 2006<in a collection of 6,147 books
          http://www.bestwebbuys.com/books/search … dim-refine

Rank  1.Ponder Awhile by Mohit K. Misra
          ------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
          Poetry-Inspirational and Religious< in a collection of  books    3589
          http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Poetry-Inspi … books.html

9. Ponder Awhile by Mohit:K:Misra
          -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Poetry< books-collection of 57,370 books.
          http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Poetry-books.html

41.Ponder Awhile by Mohit K. Misra
          55.   The Essential Rumi
          by Coleman Barks (Translator), Coleman Barks, John Moyne (Translator), Harper, Jalal Al-Din Rumi

Paperback, Harpercollins (February 1997)
          List Price: $14.95
          65.   Complete Poems and Major Prose
          by John Milton, Merritt Y. Hughes, Merritt Yerkes Hughes, Merritt Yerkes Hughes (Editor), Merritt Y. Hughes (Editor)

Hardcover, Hackett Pub Co Inc (March 2003)
          List Price: $60.00

93.   Paradise Lost: A Poem in Twelve Books
          by John Milton, John T. Shawcross, Michael Lieb

Book, Duquesne University Press (October 2007)
          Other Formats: | Audio Cassette | Compact Disc | Hardcover | MP3 CD | Paperback | Prebinding | |
          103.   The Prophet
          by Kahlil Gibran

Hardcover, Random House Inc (September 1973)
          Other Formats: | Audio Cassette | Compact Disc | Hardcover | Paperback |
          List Price: $15.00
          139.   The Gift: Poems by Hafiz the Great Sufi Master
          by Hafiz, Daniel Ladinsky (Translator)

Paperback, Penguin USA (August 1999)
          List Price: $16.00

150.   Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl, and Sir Orfeo
          by J. R. R. Tolkien

Book, Houghton Mifflin (January 
          160.   Rabindranath Tagore (Spanish)
          by Rabindranath Tagore, Malini, Ofrenda Lirica

Hardcover, Independent Pub Group (April 2004)
          List Price: $12.95
          164.   The Sonnets
          by William Shakespeare

Hardcover, Cambridge Univ Pr (January 2000)
          Other Formats: | Audio Cassette | Book | Compact Disc | Digital | Paperback | Prebinding | |
          List Price: $23.95

Body,Mind and Spirit-Spirituality Rankings

Body,mind and Spirit<Spiritualism <For 2006<collection of books 238

Rank 1..Ponder Awhile by Mohit:K:Misra

Body,mind and Spirit<Spiritualism < collection of  2217 books

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Spiritualism-books.html

9.Ponder Awhile by Mohit K. Misra

BODY MIND AND SPIRIT 59,604 books in catalogue

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/books/search … &Pp=50

168..Ponder Awhile-Mohit.K.Misra   

Philosophy<Religious books <For 2006<books froma collection of 377 books

2.Ponder Awhile-Mohit.K.Misra

.-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
          Philosophy<Religious< books 4,506
          http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Philosophy-R … books.html
          1.Experiencing the World's Religions by Michael Molloy
          2.A Secular Age by Charles Taylor
          5.Ponder Awhile by Mohit:K:Misra

Philosophy catalogue of 116,592 books
          http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Philosophy-books.html

220..Ponder Awhile by Mohit.K.Misra

Mohit - You have finally won me over.

Every single one of those links is broken.

We all know you are here to sell your book, not to share your "enlightenment" - but putting that many links to places to buy your work is really pushing your luck.

hahhah i noticed ,replaced it cant help it if the links dont open properly no control over that.

oops still link problems,you will just have to go over to bestbook buys to verify it

Marisa - no worries, but thanks smile  I've had much sterner critiques of my work in other venues. It's by listening to honest critics that you learn your craft, not by shouting them down.

Paraglider if you said you did not like the poem -fine you went on to say any reputable critic-that was going to far.How can you speak like this?
        And I really liked your first poem the most where you used simple words but touched upon beutiful themes like afraid of ones aloneness-I connected with  that.What i felt about your other poems were true.Being a poet I am sure you understand making the poem simple is difficult and getting the same meaning out of it,the thoughts is what matters the most not the grammer.

Mohit - I was counselling you against using inversions and against being overtly rhyme-driven. In particular, I was advising against combining these two traits in a single couplet. To emphasise the point, I said no reputable poetry publisher (not critic) would print such work. Of course, you can self-publish whatever you like, but that is not the same as submitting work to a blind assessment by an editorial panel.

When I receive criticism, I accept it as a gift and weight it according to the authority of its source.  As it is offered freely, it would seem mean-spirited to throw it back in the critic's face. Thus far, three of my poems have appeared on this thread. 2 you liked, 1 you didn't. I can live with that!

But you know - it is not always a requirement to make a poem simple. Or if it is, someone should have told Shakespeare, Milton, Eliot. And what about Blake? His seemingly simple stuff is always extended metaphor, while yours seems to mean exactly what it says. Was Blake wrong too?

Why would a publisher not publish a book which is ranked 1 for 2006 in poetry.Why would any other book get published in poetry.I have been published in India and now am going gobal.The internationa publisher will come,talking to them.
            It takes courage and confidence to publish your poetry.Since you feel you are so good why dont you compile a book put it out in the market and get ranked one in the world,I am sure it will be very easy for you.This forum has 10 people in it its so tiny for a real review.

Now a poem I hope this at least makes you laugh you are very grumpy people and just put me in a bad mood,take it easy.smile

The panther Mark pounced on my new thread,
              Hungry he will chew me till I am dead.

Misha deadly with his AK fourty seven,
              Shoots me from far sipping his Seven -Eleven.

Sandra a sweet soul,
              Jumping from here to there all to console.

Paraglider I will hang you for your critique with a rope,
              Who are you,the Pope?

The witch on me tries her spell,
              Through nothing else but love
              me you can quell.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

Mohit -
                This is your best work to date. Relevant, quite funny and unpretentious.
                Publish !!

1. profile image0

lol,  did you happen to read Marks poem?  Roses are red, Violets are blue, this is proof that God loves you."  Cute. 

Misha deadly with his AK fourty seven,
                  Shoots me from far sipping his Seven -Eleven.  lol

smile

2. Misha profile image62
                  Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ!
                  No one can sip 7-11. It's a chain of convenience stores in US. Mohit made too much of a factual sacrifice to satisfy his rhymes. He probably meant 7up, which I don't drink anyway big_smile

you are correct I got confused,I was thinking of seven up-.

3. mohitmisra profile image61

paraglider I have mentioned I am an enlightened poet and the thoughts are much more important for me than the structure.My structure is the mots fundamental poetry-the origins-couplets or dohas which -which the sage used-have a basic metrical lenght and a ryhme.

A like what the enlightned one Osho says about poetry-he understands.
                  Your own words may not have been grammatical.That does not matter,that is the freedom of the poet to open his heart,not to bother about grammer and not to bother about rules of language.You just put your words.

Please do not become and editor of a big publishing house enlightened poets like me will lose out.Stick to your web site.Thank god you have nothing to do with book rankings.You are not in my league or Blakes,he is my brother ,my buddy you will not understand a poet who is enlightened or has had a satori..You have along long way to go to catch up ,you never can,
                  I know Shakespeare is your hero--thats why you have a forum on him -yet open your mind to other possibilities.

Rest easy. I have no ambition to acquire a publishing house.

I agree I am not in Blake's league. Neither are you. The difference is that I know this and you appear not to. I don't aspire to be in your league so you needn't see me as a rival. We're doing entirely different things.

I do not have a forum on Shakespeare. Not sure where you got that idea? But while I admire his work immensely, I actually prefer the poetry of Thomas Hardy.

You have a healthy disregard for the 'rules' of grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc., and for the norms of modern prosody. That is your choice. But it's worth considering that these exist to make communication more effective. Ignoring them, and just letting your words fall out any way you like, might be very cathartic for you but it doesn't help your readers.

Mohit -
              I have had several poems published through a blind selection process in literary journals and e-zines. However, I don't 'feel I am so good'. I'm an enthusiastic amateur and a keen student of poetry, with a few successes under my belt. Publication is not my main aim; I prefer to expend my energies in working on my writing. Sometimes on this forum, because of my interest, I get drawn into threads about poetry, but this is not my normal 'workshop' as I've already explained.

If your book is really ranked no 1, it must have been by a very silly ranker.

11. Jeromeo profile image61
    Jeromeoposted 15 years ago

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ouch.

Couldn't help but make a comment, or a couple of comments, as it turns out.  First, I would rather run through a pride of wild she lions with a three-piece-pork-chop-suit, on, than attempt to write a poem, and submit it for critisism, with this crowed.

Not you guy's fault; I know I can't write poetry.  But talk about Shanghide, we never did find out Why God Made Girls.  So maybe I'll help by submitting.

God made girls because; It is not good for man to be alone. 

Suggestions;

Either stop writing poerty, and get a girl. 

Or get a girl to help you write the poetry.

That is if you have enough skin left to venture out.

Enjoyed the forum however; the gang was in rare form, on this one.

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am enjoying a rare event of being in full agreement with Jeromeo smile

LOL

Nice one Jeromeo.

3. Eng.M profile image65

looooooooooooooooooool

I liked that

12. Marisa Wright profile image87

Me too smile

13. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

I'm jumping on the agreement bandwagon. Lol. Jeromeo your post is a classic. wink

14. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Marisa and paraglider - I think you may have upset our ego-less poet. big_smile

Mohit - You are still not on my list of people whose achievements impress me smile

15. gamergirl profile image85

So many things I could say..

but I won't.

You just did.

16. gamergirl profile image85

Oh, but not in detail.  I'm being a good girl this morning.

17. gamergirl profile image85

Mohit is like a boomerang made of spam
    With no humility, all ego, his book is a scam

His rhymes are poetry, likely beloved by mankind
    at least those under the age of 4 or 5, he will find

The adult reader is witty, intelligent, deep
    He'll have to write better their attention to keep

A poem is more than a collection of lines
    rhyming in AB AB AB may be perfectly fine

But the content, it matters, not that he cares
    He's just going to keep spamming - everywheres.

Meditate get enlightened ,then maybe you will write like me,and understrand what I SAY
      Why do sages and retired professors like my book?
      Then they must be children for you.Like Stalin was a religious poet and Buddha arrogant for claiming his enlightenmnet.like Jesus ,Zarartushtra so many have been arrogant according to you.Wake up.
      Why would priests ask me if they can use my words in their sermons?
      they should ask for your worsd or paragilders.
      A quote from my book contemplate on it.

They dont look so good and and are not to amusing,
      An insult from them is not bemusing.

The magic in them is so clear,
      It all goes when they show such fear.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mohit, I didn't ignore the positive reviews on Amazon - I merely pointed out that all the reviewers (except one) had reviewed only one book - yours - which is always a suspicious sign. Here is the one positive review which I can take seriously, as it's written by someone who's reviewed other books.

"These poems do make you stop and ponder...Mohit has written from the heart, and his poetry reflects that. He uses the medium of rhyme to convey his deepest experiences of life, and beyond.
      These poems do help you see the world from his eyes, and make you think.
      Keep it up! and All the Best!"

Although the fact that she wishes you "All the Best" at the end is odd.  Reviewers don't usually address the author directly, and she hasn't done so in any of her other reviews.

You notice, even she doesn't say your poems are good poetry.  She says they're written from the heart and make you think.  This is exactly what I would say to a friend if I'd read his awful poetry, and didn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him the truth.

18. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Paraglider,

I admire your rock solid patience. smile

God-like even big_smile

Misha & Mark -

I'm persevering because I don't think Mohit is a 'lost cause'. His prose is fine when he's taking care, and sometimes he can be quite funny. And though his claims are outrageous by implication, he will always draw back from any direct question, and hide behind his 'ranking' and his testimonials.

If, as he believes, his vision is of a special order, then he should take the time to present it in higher quality verse. Versification is just a technical craft. Anyone can learn it. He should too, to do himself justice.

But my patience is limited by opening time smile

19. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Poetry is on par with Rod McKuen...and that is not a good thing...

I think poetry predates and will outlive any individual poet.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I should have said His poetry smile

Sorry, I thought you were generalising smile
          I've already suggested that his style is very like William McGonagall's, but he didn't respond.

20. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Paraglider - You may have missed Mohit's original onslaught on the forums which ended in him deleting a lot of forum posts, but it is fair to say it is opening time as far as he and I are concerned big_smile

Yes, I probably did miss that. Anyway, it's now closing time, I can still spell in a straight line, and tomorrow's another working day.

Goodnight smile

21. Crash Jones profile image60
    Crash Jonesposted 15 years ago

I stopped posting b/c Mo's obviously in his own world. I'm with Mark ... delusions of grandeur ... megalomania ... something isn't right.

So, I'll watch Mo exist wherever he is at the moment (one post saying he's crying for the attacks he's posted, the next attacking with all the fury he can muster). It's interesting.

I'm just glad he's living in a world that's so fantastic for him. Many others exist in the opposite.

22. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

'I'm just glad he's living in a world that's so fantastic for him. Many others exist in the opposite.' Great observation.

23. Marisa Wright profile image87

Oh, and I'm still curious to hear what you think of McGonagall.

24. mcarolyn profile image61
    mcarolynposted 15 years ago

A question that only GOD has the answer to that! wink

Very true.wink

25. profile image0

Glad you are feeling better Paraglider.  smile  Welcome back.

26. profile image0

Lately I have been wittnessing some of Gods miracles.  I really, honestly believe that God will and does help if and when you ask.  I believe that God really can hear the secerets of our hearts but lately, God has been working fast. 

Today I am so greatful, though at the moment I have some upcoming battles of my own to face, but this 'problem' seems less devistating this time around then it would otherwise feel. 

God made girls to keep men in check.  hahahah.  smile

God made girls to keep men in check.  hahahah.  awesome.

The magic is happening for you ,much more is to come.

It accelerates on the right path.

1. profile image0

Thanks Mohit, blessing on you.  I actually needed to hear I was on the right path. 

much love,
          sandra

God bless you to.Faith and doubt go hand in glove-Hermann Hesse
            There is no nobler path to walk than spread the message of god and love.

1. profile image0

I do love that.  I have seen some disputes on these forums and stuff and I thought I would share with you that some of the people here are really on this path and really decent people.  To name a few,  Jenny.  She is of God.  Misha, is the same, Mark (thought on a different path is also a good person,  RFox, love that girl,  Sparkling Jewel is of God and LisaG, though I don't see her post on the forums, is about as lovely as a perfect rose, of God as well.  Paraglider is of God too. 

I just thought I would share that with you because sometimes intentions become cloaked by words but thier intentions deep down are always good, at least I believe so.  smile

I do understand you and know that god is in all even the atheist Mark.I guess I may have come one a bit hard by saying I am enlightened and ranked 1.Some understand and appreciate the truth immediately,some take time maybe minutes,days or weeks but when they understand I only spoke the truth I meant no harm to anyone,they will appreciate it,its how it works.I do see god knowledge in RFox,Sparkling Jewel and some others.They have given very nice answers in the recent thread Talking with dead folks.
                LOL;) ha I love the smilies

wink

2. Eng.M profile image65

from your posts, I believe you are in the right path.

God bless you

1. profile image0

and to you as well Eng. M, peace be on you.  smile

27. gamergirl profile image85

I'm a decent person, I am just more discerning and particular in who I acknowledge as enlightened and wise.

Each to his own.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)