Which Religious Book Is True Translation?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (116 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

This post is just to make a point....

Every religious person on the planet seems to think that the book of their religion is the true word of a god or his/her will.

However, as many people have pointed out within their own words, they claim to understand it completely and live in it.

But, I would like to point out that the books themselves were in an obscure foreign language, and that language created sentences that rarely made sense to anyone.

The main reason for that is because each were created by unintelligent human beings barely conscious enough to learn.

With that said- another problem seems to jump out and bite those who read either book, because the book has been for many years to have been open to interpretation.

However, the books are not properly "translated" in the first place because of two reasons (a) a primitive language which did not have enough words to form coherent rational sentences and (b) has a religious connotation to them(parables and metaphors).

So, how does one tell if their book has a true translation, NOT interpretation.

You are more than welcome to fight among yourself. I'm planning on writing a hub on it, so as to finally put to rest the pathetic bickering and arguments about what book is best to read.

But do enjoy discussing it amongst yourself. I've a hub to write. lol

1. Deaconess profile image60
      Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When it comes to the bible, if one wants to 'best' translation, they should learn to read from the original languages, and read from the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek manuscripts.

"the" best translation, I mean...

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, hundreds of thousands of translation has already been done. The research required to decipher which is accurate, requires to understand that it doesn't stand alone. It needs more information such as history(world, ancient and religious), so as to best understand the timeline of the translations.

What I'm saying is, instead of trying to figure out which existing translation is most accurate, one can learn the languages, and of course the history, and do their own translation. It does require a LOT of research, and even of manuscripts that are not canonized and of literature that have nothing to do with the bible, but that is what I prefer to do, myself.

You have one big, fairly HUGE problem.

You forget your history. lol

What do you mean?

I mean, not ALL of Jesus' works were put into Christianity. And, the Church(Catholic) destroyed 4 Canons which were located and translated, because they didn't fit scripture, because they were not about religion. lol

That's why I said we should do research "even of manuscripts that are not canonized and of literature that have nothing to do with the bible."

However, believers don't believe anything outside of their religious belief, because most of them are not consciously aware too many things have been hidden from them.

It's about time they learn the things they do not know about their sad religion.

And for those folks who believe in god, but don't believe in religion...well they will die out of the human species over time and then there will be no god or belief in one. lol

Once religion is truly denounced as the false garbage it is, then humanity will finally move on. wink

2. profile image0
                    brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then you have little faith in god to produce a book which is called HIS word. God opened cannonization and god closed it. I have read most all psuedopigrapha and apocalyptic books and they are either rubbish or good history reading but certainly none i have read are an inspired work of God. The flow is wrong, there are doctrinal contradictions. We can't just pick and choose what we want, it has to be backed up by gods word. In fact i use just the king james and i and others have never felt the need to outsource. If we outsource we take the risk of having a blended christianity and not a pure belief.

2. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We know meaning can be changed or lost in translation. Obvious. What isn't obvious is 1) why you consider that to be a revelation to theists. 2) what you expect theists to do with that information. Immediately stop being theists?

It may have escaped you attention, but theists (especially those of the Abrahamic religious variety) tend to believe in an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent, supernatural entity commonly known as god. Do you really think those belief systems can't deal with the translation issue in a way which is consistent with their core tenets?

Look again at what aguasilver said: ". . . God, being omnipotent, is fully capable of making His word known to His believers in the form that He wishes to communicate to them."

Did you see that? That was your point being assimilated into a theistic belief system. Are you surprised by it? It's of course exactly how someone who believes in god would respond. Indeed you'd say something similar if you believed in god. Hardly rocket science is it. So when you say "This post is just to make a point...." I fail to see what that point actually is, other than the fact that you clearly underestimate the robustness of theism to simply assimilate such weak, half baked digs at it.

Do I expect them to stop being theists? No. But, I do plan on leaving them nothing to argue.
        I understand that- and it's that sort of irrational thinking that brings out chosen ignorance them specifically.
        I saw the post. And to be honest, I've had this conversation with Aquasilver in the past. He is nothing more than a pretender. One who manipulates religion so as to perpetuate the religious intolerance the bible preaches to it's flock. Nothing more.
        Right but you failed to recognize the words I used, which I am not surprised. Translation versus Interpretation. But, thank you for your input.

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't take me wrong.  You do speak words of wisdom from time to time ...
             I have heard it said that religion causes conflict.

I cringe at the thought of the amount of conflict that would be unleashed upon the earth, if "EVERYONE"  had your self assuredness!  ....   OHOOOoooo SSHh----T  I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

lol lol lol lol lol

Nice lack of foresight Jerami. I can see why you fear people. hmm

Don't project your fears upon me. Face them ,don't project.
              I know that you can do it. I have faith in ya.

I have no fear of people, and by your statement, that which I responded to about you having nightmares, due to the fact of people being self-assured of themselves.

Isn't me projecting my fear on you, but your manipulation of what I said only shows blind ignorance. Either way, you've shown yourself to be fearful without my help and if you cannot see that, then it also shows my words are true about blind ignorance also.

You're a laugh a minute. lol lol lol

2. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rah, Rah,Rah... The cheering of the crowds in the coliseum, as the Lion Cagsil is eaten by a christian!

3. h.a.borcich profile image61
        h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. profile image0

Yet another pretender here. Good going. What a joke. lol

1. profile image0

truth hurts eh.. I will see a joke when i read this hub no doubt. Not trying to be offensive like you are, just telling you that basically you are not qualified to discern or expound on biblical or christian things because you hate it so much you are in darkness and cannot see the light. Your views will be bias, one sided, full of inadequacies and hate oriented. You will have no balancing with information from the christian side because everything christians say is rubbish to you and you ignore whatever good is said and just plug along to ruin every good work that is of God and i bet you don't include the demise of the spanish armada in your story. food for thought. "the wind blew and God won the war".

Not attacking just sayin... course you will ignore this too, but others will silently nod their head in agreement.
          i wish you well.

Read my last post before you make an A$$ of yourself. lol

1. profile image0

read my last post before you make an a$$ of yourself lol lol

I don't need to, because you're spouting the same garbage. So why bother...it is apparent that you've not learned anything properly over the course of your life.

You are not better than Aquasilver...just another pretender. hmm

You cannot even post a reply right, never mind, consciously understand a written book. Nice to know though. lol

4. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really? You with one hub, are going to finally put to rest pathetic bickering over religious texts?  "Finally put to rest "... wow, your hub will be so well received by people of all faiths of lack thereof that we will see peace in the Middle East?

This one hub will supersede thousands of years of human traditions and beliefs about thousands of variants of religious systems? Wow.

Finally, after this one hub, you, of all the humans on earth will have addressed the deep human need to be right about the most unknowable things and finally put it to rest. Nobody will ever again disagree again on the nature of religious texts.

Your one hub will finally satisfy the intellectual, emotional, sociological and psychological needs of the millions of people  that lead to "pathetic bickering".

Your hub alone will be so vastly persuasive that it will put to rest the pathetic bickering rather than simply be one more pathetic dissenting voice in the mix.

I'm very impressed.

Your statement is a perfect example of the on-going ignorant thinking within society. Nice to know.

1. BDazzler profile image78
          BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I look forward to your definitive work on the subject.

2. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

I don't agree with the original poster

There cannot be any true translations, without being interpretation of the translator. It is but natural that a translator would only translate a sentence as he understand it; humans do make mistakes if not of comission they could make of omission; to err is human so is with the translations.

If the text of the Revealed Book is available in the original language it was revealed, and the laguage has never died and is living; then a truthful learner would learn that language to understand it or through that book he would learn that language.

The translations are made only to facilitate those who don't know that language and are not much interested in knowing the contents of that book; otherwise it is not difficult to learn the book in the original language.

Quran is in the origianl living language Arabic; translations are also available in other languages; and the translator do mention that translations are not perfect and are always subject to improvements. It is easy to learn Quran in Arabic; not difficult.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

5. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

NO translation is 100% accurate. Many idoms, connotations, and nuances do not translate from one language to another.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unless you can provide some examples, I don't think that's true at all. Essentially, what you're saying is that the exact same feelings and ideas everyone on the planet experiences cannot be communicated. That is entirely false. smile

1. habee profile image93
          habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was referring to specifics. For example, if you literally translated "bought the farm" from English to Spanish, a Spanish-speaker would have no idea that you were talking about death. Same with "over the hill," "takes two to tango," "don't judge a book by its cover," and many more idiomatic expressions.

You're talking about something completely different, which is not about translation, but about explaining slang terms. Not the same thing at all. smile

Again, this post is about slang usage, not translation. wink

Hey Habee, you would be correct. Slang wording is a new age form of language compared to the original beginning languages of humankind. That's why it is important to distinguish between slang/interpretation and translation.

6. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I'm Not sure of your ability to make such a point mate yikes

Maybe if you include the Thothian texts of 'The Emerald Tablets' in your argument you might improve your bite considerably. hmm

Maybe the 'experts' can enlighten us to the ancient civiliazations whose knowledge was selectively left out of the bible and koran texts!!

Maybe you've got the answer Cagsil... hmm

Interesting post Pearldiver. lol

7. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

hmm, and you were there to make this speculation? come on cags.. not a very solid ground for trying to make a point which may or may not be true.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

C'mon Rebekah.... He's making a point!
        Abeit... Unwittingly lol

And asking a good question ?   
          Can any one ask a question that has no answer?
          I don't think so.
          Will anyone like that answer i it were to come? 
          I don't think so.

It is irrelevant whether or not someone likes or even agrees with it. As long as it is sound, it makes no difference. It must leave out the ability to argue.

WELL !!!   I Stand corrected ???

Thank you  ??

2. alternate poet profile image67
              alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am glad you will finally put to rest the translation issue of all the 'holy' texts, the legions of highly educated scholars who have done their best over the centuries will be thrilled, those countless hordes who have cut bits out and stuck bits in will be dismayed.  The Pope will probably resign and close catholicism and all those wierdo American versions of the original will give all that money back to the suckers, sorry, that should have been congregation.

The highly intelligent and socially aware people who were bright enough to invent the writing that you look down upon, but must have been stupid because they didn't have McDonalds and electric shavers, will be so glad that yet another definitive view will be formed in questionable english.

You do realize most of those who did translations of the religious scripture in existence did so by the influence of religious leaders...oh yeah...greed seems to be a powerful motivator. It's not surprising it really hasn't been done before now. And, as for the crashing of Christianity, I'm sure, if the hub actually gets the attention of the Pope? He'll denounce it as nothing, like everything else religious leaders have been hiding from people.
                In questionable English? Interesting. hmm

3. Jerami profile image58

Cagsil   I mean what I am about to say with all of the love and respect as if you were my only son.

Would you please see a doctor ??,,,,  Cause ;  Do you know ? what people say about other  people that thinks everybody else is crazy?????????

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Book of Cags. who knew he was an ancient texts scholar? wink

Not an ancient scholar? A Humankind student and researcher. wink

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
              rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's well documented by anthopologists who study, research and analyze human behavior and cultures that one must immerse themselves in an unfamiliar world in order to understand their own, not attempting to dispute, but in order to document and discover.

It not about being there at the time, but it is about doing the research properly and not be influenced by dishonest people or religious leaders, so as to present unbiased and objective truth.
        Actually, the translation is the ground for understanding the falsehood of religion.

8. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 13 years ago

The Koran for instance contains references to husbands disciplining their wives, many take the words to mean "beat" whilst others take them as to mean "chastise", which is it? Tell them off or beat them black and blue????

Depending on your interpretation of the words you can take either view, but you can guess the view that many men here take!!!!

Interpretation and translation are two different concepts.  smile

Thank you Beelzedad for pointing that out. wink

2. Druid Dude profile image60

Not where some people were concerned. Historically though, most of the mistakes in the Bible can be attributed to "Lost in Translation"

And, my point would be to make the "Lost in Translation", found. hmm

As someone else already said- "Interpretation" is different than "Translation". smile

3. stilljustwonderin profile image59
        stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll stick with the view for a husband to love his wife as he does his self.

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well fortunately with the "word" you have choices. smile

Tim 2:12
          Cor 14:34
          Pet 3:6
          Gen 3:16.
          Women's rights denied.

Acts 2:18
          Acts 21:9
          Judg 4:4,14,15.
          Judg 5:7
          Women's rights affirmed

1. Druid Dude profile image60

You should be a supreme court justice.

1. earnestshub profile image81
              earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nah! I have enough nous to be able to read what is written in the mad book of hate though. smile

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Oh no doubt!  I am so glad I didn't live back in those days. 
            When the angels went to Lot and the men of the city went to his door wanting the visitors to come out so they could "know" them.  Lot said no, take my daughter.  Like, thanks Dad.
            I am very glad things changed.
            Come to think of it ttho.  Back then others had to take care of the widows in the family.  Thanks womens lib!!  big_smile

See, that's what I am talking about....your post mentions things from the bible that have no substance.

Approximately 80%+ of the things from the bible are out of context. Due to the fact that so much information is not known. lol

1. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Would you explain to me what I said that has no substance?   I know I can't prove what I said.  Do you have any proof that it is false?

You speak of Angels.. lol

Do you know where humankind was at with regards to evolutionary position? Approximately 50% of the people walking the planet were not actually aware of their own life....do you know what that means?

Probably not.....Angels...all imagination. lol

1. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Yes, I believe in Angels.

(Do you know where humankind was at with regards to evolutionary position? Approximately 50% of the people walking the planet were not actually aware of their own life..)

And science proved this?

Medical science, told my Dad he had 3 months to live after having a kidney removed because of cancer.  He lived 9 more years.  So much for medical science.

Science is a good thing, done many wonderful things, how ever, it is practiced by humans.  We are all flawed.  None of us knows everything. 

I will stick with my "imagination"   Your free to stick to yours.

Didn't you just say that medical science removed a cancerous kidney allowing your dad to live for nine more years? ;

Yes, science has proved, however, the Church influence has suppressed it from common knowledge.
                      I get the fact that science makes mistakes. Duh!
                      You are correct, no one knows everything and no one will ever know everything there is to know, because learning is part of our natural process for growth. But, what is knowable should be known by ALL people. Those who choose to be ignorant in this manner are the people who are damaging humanity.
                      Yes, by all means, stick to your imagination, but use it like you should. Duh!

9. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 13 years ago

What your presumptions miss out Cagsil, is that God, being omnipotent, is fully capable of making His word known to His believers in the form that He wishes to communicate to them.

The fact that you dismiss His word matters not a jot (or tittle) - this book you decry has been 100% correct in fulfilled prophesy, and is a guidebook to a full and peaceful life for all who seek to understand it.

But I look forward to your hub, but be careful, it was my 18 months study of the bible, started to find the error and to pull it apart, that led to my coming to faith.

On the other hand, I would love to see you come to true faith in Christ, you would make a wonderful testimony!

1. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How to verify your posts validity, if you assume much more than cags presumptions ?

Your assumption that the translation is meaningless is your human fallible side showing.
        The ignorance in this statement is based on the faulty assumption you have the right idea about the bible in the first place, but nice try at undermining my ability.
        Your 18 months? I have 15 years of in-depth research, which you continue to cast aside to save your faith.
        The faith in Christ? Again, you make yet another assumption that you even know what you are talking about. Christ? comes from Christianity Religion. It wasn't even his name. DUH!

I wrote one, two maybe three K yrs ago. I think it's the best. I call it "Muse of the World's foundation". Not really, they're all good. So did you hear the one about the Beatles? John Lennon said "The Beatles are bigger than Jesus" meaning record sales opposed to Bible sales. Anyways,  a D.J. from TX called for their albums to be burned. Next day same guy was on the radio, and a bolt of lightning hit the tower and knocked him unconscious. HMMMM.

Irrelevant. hmm

Lotta this stuff fits that bill.

Yeah, like the post I am responding to. lol

2. aguasilver profile image70
          aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Your assumption that the translation is meaningless is your human fallible side showing."

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (King James Version)

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

"The ignorance in this statement is based on the faulty assumption you have the right idea about the bible in the first place, but nice try at undermining my ability."

The bible itself undermines your ability.

"I have 15 years of in-depth research, which you continue to cast aside to save your faith."

18 months was the START that led me to faith, the last 18 years have been consolidation of the Word and my faith, and trust in God.

"The faith in Christ? Again, you make yet another assumption that you even know what you are talking about. Christ? comes from Christianity Religion. It wasn't even his name. DUH!"

Again, whether you call Him Yashua,Christ or one of the following, He is still who the bible states He is:

Advocate (1 John 2:1)
          Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18)
          Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8; 22:13)
          Amen (Rev. 3:14)
          Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:1)
          Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins (1 John 2:2)
          Author of Life (Acts 3:15)
          Author and Perfector of our Faith (Heb. 12:2)
          Author of Salvation (Heb. 2:10)
          Beginning and End (Rev. 22:13)
          Blessed and only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15)
          Bread of God (John 6:33)
          Bread of Life (John 6:35; 6:48)
          Capstone (Acts 4:11; 1 Pet. 2:7)
          Chief Cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
          Chief Shepherd (1 Pet. 5:4)
          Christ (1 John 2:22)
          Creator (John 1:3)
          Deliverer (Rom. 11:26)
          Eternal Life (1 John 1:2; 5:20)
          Everlasting Father (Isa. 9:6)
          Gate (John 10:9)
          Faithful and True (Rev. 19:11)
          Faithful Witness (Rev. 1:5)
          Faith and True Witness (Rev. 3:14)
          First and Last (Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13)
          Firstborn From the Dead (Rev. 1:5)
          God (John 1:1; 20:28; Heb. 1:8; Rom. 9:5; 2 Pet. 1:1;1 John 5:20; etc.)
          Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14)
          Great Shepherd (Heb. 13:20)
          Great High Priest (Heb. 4:14)
          Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22; 4:15; 5:23)
          Heir of all things (Heb. 1:2)
          High Priest (Heb. 2:17)
          Holy and True (Rev. 3:7)
          Holy One (Acts 3:14)
          Hope (1 Tim. 1:1)
          Hope of Glory (Col. 1:27)
          Horn of Salvation (Luke 1:69)
          I Am (John 8:58)
          Image of God (2 Cor. 4:4)
          King Eternal (1 Tim. 1:17)
          King of Israel (John 1:49)
          King of the Jews (Mt. 27:11)
          King of kings (1 Tim 6:15; Rev. 19:16)
          King of the Ages (Rev. 15:3)
          Lamb (Rev. 13:8)
          Lamb of God (John 1:29)
          Lamb Without Blemish (1 Pet. 1:19)
          Last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45)
          Life (John 14:6; Col. 3:4)
          Light of the World (John 8:12)
          Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Rev. 5:5)
          Living One (Rev. 1:18)
          Living Stone (1 Pet. 2:4)
          Lord (2 Pet. 2:20)
          Lord of All (Acts 10:36)
          Lord of Glory (1 Cor. 2:8)
          Lord of lords (Rev. 19:16)
          LORD [YHWH] our Righteousness (Jer. 23:6)
          Man from Heaven (1 Cor. 15:48)
          Mediator of the New Covenant (Heb. 9:15)
          Mighty God (Isa. 9:6)
          Morning Star (Rev. 22:16)
          Offspring of David (Rev. 22:16)
          Only Begotten Son of God (John 1:18; 1 John 4:9)
          Our Great God and Savior (Titus 2:13)
          Our Holiness (1 Cor. 1:30)
          Our Husband (2 Cor. 11:2)
          Our Protection (2 Thess. 3:3)
          Our Redemption (1 Cor. 1:30)
          Our Righteousness (1 Cor. 1:30)
          Our Sacrificed Passover Lamb (1 Cor. 5:7)
          Power of God (1 Cor. 1:24)
          Precious Cornerstone (1 Pet. 2:6)
          Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6)
          Prophet (Acts 3:22)
          Resurrection and Life (John 11:25)
          Righteous Branch (Jer. 23:5)
          Righteous One (Acts 7:52; 1 John 2:1)
          Rock (1 Cor. 10:4)
          Root of David (Rev. 5:5; 22:16)
          Ruler of God's Creation (Rev. 3:14)
          Ruler of the Kings of the Earth (Rev. 1:5)
          Savior (Eph. 5:23; Titus 1:4; 3:6; 2 Pet. 2:20)
          Son of David (Lk. 18:39)
          Son of God (John 1:49; Heb. 4:14)
          Son of Man (Mt. 8:20)
          Son of the Most High God (Lk. 1:32)
          Source of Eternal Salvation for all who obey him (Heb. 5:9)
          The One Mediator (1 Tim. 2:5)
          The Stone the builders rejected (Acts 4:11)
          True Bread (John 6:32)
          True Light (John 1:9)
          True Vine (John 15:1)
          Truth (John 1:14; 14:6)
          Way (John 14:6)
          Wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:24)
          Wonderful Counselor (Isa. 9:6)
          Word (John 1:1)
          Word of God (Rev. 19:13)

You're joking right? lol lol lol

Like I said before and we've had this conversation, go peddle you talk to someone you can convert. You perpetuate the hoax no better than the pope.

You can spout out all the garbage you like. The simple fact that you try to negate truth, by using conjecture of religious text is a fine point to show you are nothing more than a pretender.

You protect the word, because you lack the intelligence to see beyond it. Remember, I'm not the little person you believe me to be. I've called you pretender before and that's exactly what you are.

You learned the bible inside and outside, so as to perpetuate the hoax for whatever reason. Apparently, you found a way to manipulate it to work for you.

No truly intelligent human would be an atheist, then convert, without a motive. So, keep coming. hmm

1. aguasilver profile image70
              aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"No truly intelligent human would be an atheist, then convert, without a motive."

My motive was to recognise the truth that previously I had rebelled against in my stupid belief that I was a truly superior human being of broad intellectual ability, who had all the answers.

I had wandered far and wide in this world, seen the extremes of wealth and poverty, and read most every book I could find that would 'expand' my understanding.... except the bible.

I am 59 years old in my body, and about 45 in my mind and ageless in my spirit.

My hubs are read widely by a wide variety of believers and secular folk, and it seems that they are well received if my comments and fan mail is to be counted.

Please do not confuse me with some southern Baptist or other religious person who was born into their faith and has never challenged it, nor experienced the world.

John

Of course you hubs are widely read...you've studied religion enough to make any believer praise your work.

You've done a great job at continuing the perpetuation of the hoax. I should congratulate you on a job well done, but I just don't have the stomach for it to be honest. hmm

Edit: I don't have you confused with anyone. lol

10. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

If there were a book that contained total and absolute truth.

Like Jack Nicholson said...  "You cain't handle the truth"

What would we do with it? 
      Most asuridly, not the right thing!!!!

Again, you point out how fearful you are of the people of the world. Thank you. wink

1. profile image57
          exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

which book you try to live by is not a judgement  we have to worry about, we are to live the best we can according to our version of the word of god. our hearts - god will know

Your version? That's the problem. lol

1. profile image57

sounds like your version is not going to get you anywhere

My version?

When will people learn.... lol

1. profile image57

sooner or later a seed will take root and you will see when people will learn

Your analogy is correct... A "seed" will be planted, and it will grow, but not in the manner you think...and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with a god or even religion. lol

1. profile image57

some day you will change your mind

11. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Cagsil, I was surprised to see this forum post and a little confused, I mean you say you don't like to argue, but plainly that is not the case. smile

Knowledge of the Bible or any religious document doesn't do anything without faith.

To you a book is just a book. Nothing will ever change that unless you want it to.

And to judge people by telling them they don't follow what they believe, doesn't hurt that person, only yourself.

Anyway go ahead you will anyway, so whatever butters your biscuit.

Your post doesn't enlighten anyone, just puts people on the defense.

Oh and perhaps you will die and be all to aware of the difference. But go ahead sometimes you have to let a child get burned so they will learn not to do it again.

Good day smile

I would expect such a reply from such a person. Nothing new.
        That's why it MUST go away. It's the wrong use of faith.
        This statement has "dense" written all over it. Apparently, you have no clue what I think of the book. Which means you've not read enough of my post to make or assess any form of judgment.
        Another not too bright statement. Apparently, you haven't a clue, because the bible and all other books of the like, have been manipulated to be out of context. So please... get your facts straight before you decide to come at me about things that reflect on me. Just your actions alone speaks volume about what you claim to know.
        Must be nice to be selfish.
        Mystic faith is nothing but defensible to begin with. There is not a position of offense that can be take. So please..
        Apparently you LACK understanding of DEATH. It happens to END all consciousness, at that point you will not be AWARE of anything. Learn more about the human body.
        Enough people have already been burned by religion and it is purposely controlling people so as to keep a status quo of a god, so other people can manipulate and usurp power, wealth and control. Again, learn something would ya?

1. Diane Inside profile image73
          Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a therapist I think I know something of the human body , DUH!

12. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years ago

The book that says God created heaven and earth. Man disobeyed God, and is a fallen state. Jesus, Son Of God, was crucified for our sins to redeem us from our fallen state. He rose from the dead, and verified truth of our redemption to God. In any language, idialect, or modern language, this or these books are true.

And, none of it would be true. Duh!

13. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

See all you do is tell people how stupid they are, yet you wish they would listen to you.

14. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I read the Bible in its original Greek

1. turguman profile image61
        turgumanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

was jesus Greek?!

1. Greek One profile image62
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nope.. but the stuff he said was first written in Greek

15. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years ago

what kind of question is this..ofcourse the only book true in translation is of religion i follow..rest are non believers lol ...on serious notes..every person following religion which ever it is mostly believes that what he/she reads is actually true...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)