jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Are souls, ghosts, and spirits the same thing?

1. kalixao profile image60
    kalixaoposted 6 years ago

Obscure data:
    From sleep studies comes a discovery about the nature of the human awareness of the soul. To paraphrase researchers, before birth, the fetus experiences a unique lightning-fast "spike" as detected by EEG's. This spike occurs only when the brain is perpendicular to the spinal column (when the head sits squarely on the shoulders, in other words). After this spike occurs, major changes occur in the fetus's growth and behavior. It seems to "wake up" in the womb, turn its head to the mother's heartbeat and begins to move around in a limited fashion. This same spike shows up under rare circumstances during life, and again appears at the moment of death. Is this spike a "soul-spark"?

When areas in the limbic system of the brain are stimulated, test subjects report either a remarkably visceral sense of "self" or remark in surprise, "Oh! It's my soul!" spontaneously.

Intriguing hypotheses:
    Since the brain is electromagnetic, essentially, could it be possible that this anomalous spike switches on the consciousness, and attracts a "soul" or "spirit", or possibly receives it from the mother? And if that were true, based on the premise that electrostatic or bio-electric energy does not dissipate, would a ghost then be an electrostatic remnant that abandoned its host, even before death? Are spirits then possibly benevolent remnants of this sort, while most ghosts are malevolent remnants?

1. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think what you're doing here is mixing science and superstition. The existence of souls as described by religions not only invokes many contradictions, it would violate a number of physical laws. No one yet has ever explained away these contradictions or violations. smile

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
        Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As a Christian, I believe ghosts and spirits are the same thing, just different words but with the same identical meaning.

I believe that we are created by God in the heavens as spiritual beings, baby angels if you will. We are sent to earth for what ever the period of time, to learn what we can about God and to serve Him here on earth, at which time we take on a human form to blend in with those already here.

When born, God's Holy Spirit enters our body to begin to teach us all that we can learn and absorb and when this happens, we develop our "Soul".

After completion of all that God requires from us while on earth, we will reach the moment when God will recall us back to heaven, and we will revert back to our spiritual selves again.

This was revealed to me in a dream a few years ago, I believe by God, and I believe it to be truthful and factual, but I will only be certain when I die.

1. Beelzedad profile image60
          Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dreams are dreams, Dave. They're kinda like movies in that their not really events that happened. If a god wanted to reveal something, he would come down and tell us all and we would all know. smile