jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Talking about "God's Household" (Ephesians 2:19)

1. ThisWeeksThought profile image59
    ThisWeeksThoughtposted 6 years ago

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;"
    Eph. 2:19
    ------
    This is a message that should be given to each new member of God's kingdom, and yet so many fall to the wayside of a pew wondering what's next for them. This is grace people. GRACE. It's so undeserving and yet God gives it to us. He lets us know everyday that you have a home. When you can't go home you have a home with God. When you've been put out of your house you're still never alone. You're part of the biggest neighborhoods-God's kingdom. 2 Corinthians 5:17 emphasizes this again: "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things are passed away; behold, new things have come." Get excited people because each time someone comes to the body of Christ they are new, and hold on..wait for it...new things are coming. Praise be to God.

Thoughts?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My thought is AMEN.

And....I believe you're right that new converts should be given that message....Hallelujah!  We are joint-heirs with Christ!
      but balanced by the fact that life may not become suddenly a piece of cake just because a person gets saved.   A new Christian must also know that Satan gets teed off when someone gives their heart to Christ, and we should fit them with the Armor of God.

I read one of your hubs.  Good article. Welcome to HubPages.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

AMEN

2. hanging out profile image59
      hanging outposted 6 years ago in reply to this

one might say we have a new last name... christ
      don't forget we are all brothers and sisters.

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I read this one wrong. I thought it said god's ar*sehole!

1. hanging out profile image59

you can't do anything right
      and your phobia is showing again smile

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You still flogging that? lol

1. hanging out profile image59

obvious blunder you really are desperate about your belief. Much like the fanatical christian you deplore, you act very much the same way.

He who makes you angry conquers you.
          You are conquered in the way you both act alike.

is that philosophical enough for ya? or do you interpret physchology the same way you interpret the bible, a paragraph here and jump 3 pages an paragraph there, but no context whatsoever.. context ruins what you want to say lol.

Have a great day!

working