Can You Remember The Last Time God Showed You Favor And Grace

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 54 discussions (397 posts)
  1. Troy C. profile image62
    Troy C.posted 13 years ago

I'm not talking about the everyday blessings of him allowing you one more day, one more meal,one more closing of a business deal.I'm talking about that specific need,or seemingly dire situation that you with your limited vision could not see the solution.But our God in his infinate wisdom and omnipatence, already had the answer. You but only had to reach out to him in faith and he showed up.I experienced this today I saw a $4,000 tuition bill cut in half and from the looks of things it probably will be zero before all is said and done.I give all the Glory to my Father in Heaven, our Father in Heaven.I take no credit for myself except for the fact that I did as commanded and humbled myself and prayed, and did not doubt in my heart that he would provide. The Bible Says it is impossible to please God without faith. So please share your testimony, let's give God some praise and glory today.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just the fact that you think that some god allows you to live? Is beyond all rational thought and borders insanity. Just to let you know... hmm
      If your vision is limited, which you claim others to have apparently, then I would say yours is also very limited.
      Obvious your god likes uneducated, free thinking people. Now how inconsiderate is that? hmm
      Not true.
      And, what did you do? Nothing I presume. roll
      Excuse you, last time I checked, my father died, so please speak for yourself.
      Well dear sir, I really hate to disappoint you, but you cannot have 100% faith in anything you cannot prove is real. The human mind needs proof.
      You do realize that the "bible" was written by men who were dishonest? roll

Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

More personal attacks, give me your fintite definition of uneducated. This human mind,  over the course of it's lifetime has accumulated enough proof for me to reach out to others, and hope they experiance what I have. Have you ever read the Bible, you should try it, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

It wasn't a personal attack. And even the thought that it was, says a lot about you. Nice vision you have....it's interesting how you keep to your religious faith.

And, like I said before, speak only for yourself in your post.

The use of "our" is false. It disgraces my father. So good day.

1. h.a.borcich profile image62
            h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Touchy Cags? Midol may help.

Excuse you?

You would have been better off leaving what I said alone.

My father is dead. And, I will not dishonor him, by having someone claiming that some other being/entity or whatever is my father.

So please... hmm

1. earnestshub profile image80
                earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Condolences Cagsil. My father is also dead and like you, I object to this type of involuntary inclusion as well!

Thank you Earnest. He has been dead for half my life. It's just that the inclusion of this sick and demented religious garbage is getting to become a detriment to society at large.

If half these people understood their own religion, then they wouldn't have a belief in a god. That's the really sad part.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
                    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil, the sad part is when a person don't believe in God. I didn't say that to hurt your feelings. You don't wake up on your own every morning. God is the one that give you life. I am sorry about your father. My father is dead also, but I know that God exist.

2. h.a.borcich profile image62

I am sorry you have lost your father.

Excuse you. Had you not pounced on this hubber I would have left it alone. Seems you have taken personal what someone else said generally. The same rights you exercize are also given to those who believe in a God. So excuse you.

Rational thought versus irrational thought?

Sorry, rationalize thought is what makes humankind function. Not irrational, emotional wishes.

So please...

Your so called "intelligence" is no excuse to denigrate a hubber you targetted because of his faith. Rather than pass by the thread, you made an irrational choice to inflict your beliefs. Get over yourself...please.

3. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
                6hotfingers3posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read through the replys to the Hub writers testimony. Please receive this response with an open mind. Yes the Bible was written by men, however it was inspired by God. Yes, there were thieves in  Christianity but God saw the God in them and they willingly changed their ways because they learned there was a better way to live and die. The responses to your opinions could go for an infinite length of time but I can not entertain that nor try to convenience you that your thinking may cause you to loose something you truly desire. No one can change your mind but you.

For my testimony, I had been diagnosed with a deadly disease. The doctors told me they could not correct the damage done in my body.  Today, ten years later, I am in perfect health. The traces of the diease is still in my body but it is dormant. The only way I am living with the illness is through God's grace. Not through medication. I prayed when I leanred of the illness and God kept His promise to me. He did not allow the illness to kill me nor degrade the quality of my life. I give Him the glory. I do not need others to tell me there is a God or not a God.This is not ignorance, its faith and trust in God's powers.

And it is based on your pre-determined belief in a sky fairy.

Funny you should mention how you survived through your beliefs. I Survived a disease with near impossible odds 15 years ago by believing in my doctor and myself.

My religious mate told me I was mad to put myself in the hands of a hospital and doctors.

10 years later he got sick, left it to "god" and was dead in 6 weeks. smile

His family just switched from "god will save you" to "he was called"
                  What a crock! Totally dishonest.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61
                  stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful testimony Shotfingers3!

3. getitrite profile image71
                  getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about your diagnosis, however the children are still starving and dying.

Why can't this same God do something for the poor, helpless, starving children.  Why does he favor you, but not them?

4. Woman Of Courage profile image61

6hotfingers3,That is a beautiful testimony. I am happy that you shared it with us.There are miracles that I have personally witnessed in my life and in the life of other's. God performs miracles in such a mighty way, and it is impossible for it to just happen by chance or luck. Praise God!

2. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cags, I'm sorry about your dad. I lost mine 9 years ago when he shot himself, and I still think about him every day. I lost my mom to Alzheimer's 2 years ago, and that experience was even more traumatic, believe it or not. Is your mom still living? When Mom died, I felt like an orphan, even though I was 50 years old.

Thank you Habee. Very much appreciated. I'm saddened to hear about your mom and dad, as well. My condolences. hmm
              Yes, my mother is still living. She is 63 years old, with COPD and osteo(beginning stages), and emphazeyma(sp?). She won't be around much longer, at the rate she is going. Her outlook is getting worse, because in the last 5 years, my family has suffer the loss of my aunt and grandmother(her sister and mother), and my grandmother's boyfriend of 30 years(he was like a grandfather to me(I never knew any of my grandfather's(all died before I was born).

2. mom101 profile image60
              mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

habee, so sorry to hear of your loss.  I too lost both parents. Mom suddenly, and dad to kidney failure. As an only child, I, too, feel like an orphan and I am 47.
              No one can possibly know this feeling unless they go through it. Moms mom, died 2 years before she did, and mom grieved so bad. Her joy was gone. My son, also an only child, lost his best friend. But as a mom, I knew I could not allow myself to grieve to the point mom did, My son, was 10 at the time. And when dad passed, I felt the orphan feeling. A feeling without description.
              My grandmother died 2001, mom 2003, dad 2005, papah 2006 and my uncle 2007. My entire physical family foundation had been broken.
              Family was all I have ever known. And God.
              It takes a bit of inner strength to get through these times. When mom passed, I felt so empty. A month went by and everything I did seemed futile. I just and almost in disgust said ok God, I need you, I need strength and I need peace...........Growing up all I knew was family and business. I did not get close to many people. Didn't have the extra time to devote to a friendship. No, I'm not cold hearted, just honest. Long story short, I asked. I received. I know that I know that I know, He gave me the peace and the strength I had to have to get through this and to take care of dad, as his condition was worsening and to be everything my son needed me to be. At 10, all he had was me and a papah who at times, appeared to him, the same age as he was. The poison from kidney failure has the same side effects as does alhezimers (I know i didn't spell that right). But the strength and peace did come.
              Dad's passing was a bit different. How could there be a God? How could God make someone suffer so much, How could He hurt an innocent child like that? On the way to bury dad, I got in Gods face. You can't exist. All this time in trusting., is just useless. .............................
              About a month before dad passed, I was going through a situation that I had asked God to help me see through or to help me to put into perspective. After we buried dad, I left and went to a family get together, food and all, then I was going home. I stopped at the store, and to my surprise, and in a way only I would KNOW, God showed up.   Situation solved. Peace and strength returned.
              My son and I are ok now. We will always miss mom/dad, grans/paw.
              I don't have all the answers to lifes mysteries, but I know that I know that I know He does exist.,
              Cagsil, sorry to hear of you moms illness and the pain you are gong through.  Mom had COPD as well. She turned 63 the day before she passed. Spend as much time with your mom as you can.
              I know there are those that understand as well as those that will dismiss my experience with the Higher Power. But I have been on both sides of the fence. I know in my gut and my heart the agony and the peace.
              I was raised to believe. I turned my back at a time I couldn't possibly hurt any worse inside than what I was.
              Peace, inner strength. Its there. He has it to offer. Asking, that's the easy part. Asking from the heart,  believing and receiving is the key. He knows our needs and is setting on ready to meet them. But, He has to be asked.

3. starme77 profile image77
            starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil - there are 365 different versions of the bible - now how screwed up is that smile

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61

What a great message Troy.

2. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

god who/what? what'cha talkin' about?

3. h.a.borcich profile image62

The darkest times in my life have been God's best opportunities to teach me to walk by faith alone. Always.

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He who walks by faith alone is...insane.
        Qwark spaketh!

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but it's a personal event I want to keep private, just between me and Him.

As far as the "everyday" blessings,  well, I never get tired of those!  They are never boring and I never take those for granted.   They are miracles.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with ya and am keeping the most private ones private.

But  when I was YOUNG and crazzy !!!!

I could give so many testimonials everyone would think I was making them up.

I've heard it said that God  protects old folks, children and fools.
           I've always been covered on two counts. 
           And looking back on it now, I keept him pretty busy.

I'll tell one of the most extreme case . 
          I was driving down an unfamiliar road one night when I was a teenager. Three of us in the car. The gas pedal on all of my cars had only one position. Peddle to the middle. And I loved taking curves fast.

I came around a curve and saw a rock wall and a stop sign.
        Glanced at the speedometer, 75 MPH  and not enough time to stop.
        Don't know why ?  wasn't anything else to do I guess, so A spun the steering wheel and put the gas peddle on the floor.

The next thing I remember I was parked on the side of the road.

We went back the next day to see that intersection in daylight.

We all agreed there was no way we could have took that intersection at 75 MPH pluss

While remembering this story tonight, I barely believe it and I saw it happen.

Brenda, many times I have complained about somebody pulling out in front of me, or getting behind a slow driver only to find out that just up the road was an accident.
        I wonder, could we receive unknown miralces? I think so.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, I think so too!

5. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well god works in mysterious ways. maybe he helped you.  maybe he didn't.  the point is we'll never know.  i'd like to believe that god doesn't necessarily favor one person over the other, or grant personal favors to an individual.  after all, what makes any one of our lives more important over the other?  no, i truly believe he helps gives us the strength to go on, when all hope seems lost.  he gives us the courage, when all we feel is fear.  that is what god does.  i don't think he does things specifically these days like making you win the lottery or get a tuition.  at least not these days, as i think god doesn't like to directly get involved in those things. of course, i could be totally wrong, but that's what i believe.

6. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry, no testimony other than Im still alive. The "Christian" God did not kill me yet.

I've seen good people suffer and die. Ive seen people work hard and never get ahead. People who "believe" with all their hearts and yet thier baby dies. Homeless children and mentaly ill people beaten and abused. Ive seen young girls be made into prostitutes. There is theft and murder, and all sorts of evil every single day and I feel sick when people say "thank God I found a parking spot so close." I have a friend who was raped repeatedly by a neighbour, then a relative, starting at the age of 7, for three years. No one, not even her mother, helped. I've lost a baby, a father, brother in law, and niece far to early. Where was God then? why does he pick and choose?

Ive seen money I needed arrive just in time, but there was a man who handed it to me without question. Do I say God did it, or thank the man who gave it to me?

Lets pretend God really did make that man give me money? I would rather starve, than have a God who ignores the suffering of innocent babies worldwide give me money.

7. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hello Troy.

having endured more pain, suffering and fear than any small child should have to endure even though i prayed to God for help, or just answers, i find it difficult to believe God would ignore the pleas of a frightened child yet help an adult with tuition expenses.

to answer your question, i do think God is just there and he is all just pure love ...a glowing sparkling entity like stars and his just being there comforts you while you make your own way and find your own answers. i mean no disrespect. i just can't fathom a god who ignores starving children in Africa while he gets people out of traffic jams or something.

8. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Considering you offered no explanation whatsoever as to how this miracle occurred, it is what you want to believe as opposed to what actually occurred and who was involved.

All you stated was a result of an event and nothing more. This is what is called the Appeal to Belief Fallacy. smile

9. rescueachild profile image59
      rescueachildposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Praise God!!!! I don't always understand God but, He always fixes everything in His perfect way and it always works out for the best. WOW!!!! Thanks Jesus!!!!!!

10. InspiredHippy profile image68
      InspiredHippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOW...God is an Awsome God. 
      I remember so many times...so many moments...so many needs met when all seemed hopeless, helpless, over.  I have lived a very unconventional life and God has his hands full with this daughter to say the least. 
      Ok...Becky Jo...Pick one...OK, here goes.
      I decided to stop...to just sit.  I am a tramp by nature. By tramp I do not mean lady type tramp, I mean traveling tramp.  I love the open road.  Thumb out, anticipating the next ride...(Scarey moment...Ok, yes that was my out loud typing...I know God has my back so I'll just go with it. Sometimes it is hard to do self disclosure). So...I was stopping. 
      Ontario, California.  A favorite spot for catching rides in 18 wheelers going to where ever!  I was offered so many rides and yet something just kept me still.  I called a local homeless type resourse and after some scarey self disclosure was told I could come in and get a voucher for a hotel for up to 1 month. (Salvation Army) I put that on the back burner because I really did not want to end up in Ontario.  It is a lot different than my hometown of San Diego! 
      A bit later a Christian trucker gave me bus fare to go home to San Diego.  (NOT a good choice but one I was in self will about).  As I was riding the local bus to the greyhound station I noticed the street names and they looked familiar.  I was in the near the Salvation Army. I got off the bus and walked 20s blocks to the Salvation Army. 
      They knew who I was and had me sit for a couple hours.  Not something I would do, yet I sat still, praying.  The tugging at my heart in full force.  I forgot to mention that I truly had NOTHING.  Just the clothes on my back and bus fare. 
      After waiting, I finally saw the woman in charge of vouchers. (For the record, they were OUT of money for vouchers.)  She gave me a voucher, food, clothing and a phone card and they drove me to the hotel.
      At the hotel I met some folks.  Some good, some not so good.  MANY temptations. 
      Today, I sit in the same hotel...4 months later...on my own computer, in a room with a fellow Christian who has means to pay for the room, in love with The Lord and free to be safe, me, sitting still, taking classes, moving ahead in God's Light!
      God Bless...Becky Jo

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

skeptics will call it coincidence But I don't.

I'll give one o many instances.

Monday morning (a few years ago)  $15 dollars in the bank,  Rent is due today, the electric bill due yesterday, No food in the house, registration on truck is over due.  No work scheduled at all.  Nothing in sight.

Just a simple  "Lord Please Help me" and a look up in the sky.

The phone rings about 15 minutes later.  The person on the phone says Are you Jerami ------ that worked on my house two years ago, I said maybe, I do that kind of work for a living. 

He said,  good I've been calling every Jerami ---- in the book.  I want you to come to my house and do such and such.
      Hung up the phone and two minutes it happened again exactly the same way.

Call that what you want to.  I got the message!

1. mom101 profile image60

Jermai, I know where you are coming from. I too believe there are no coincidences. Everything that happens, happens for a reason.

That puts me in mind of a song I have heard the McKameys sing.
      "Right on Time"
      He is right on time.

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I can remember - it was today!

Cagsil is lost, he needs prayer, Seriously! I checked him out, he is leading people astray.  But like I started with, just count your blessings.

Don't waste your time or effort. roll

And, as far as leading people astray? Insinuates that you are calling me a liar. So, you who is throwing personal attacks.

Boy, you take the cake. lol

No I base my opinion on the  Bible, and what you say goes against the word of God. Sorry if you take offense.

And, like I said before, if half of the people who claim to understand the bible, actually did understand Jesus' teachings, then they would not have a belief in a god.

God of the bible- is metaphorical parable- it means self master.

Nothing more, nothing less. It's not some imaginary being. It is YOU being GOD in your own damn life. Master of self.

But, you cannot see it, because you take other people's word for it.

So, you're lost not me.

1. profile image0
              Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Em, how can anyone be master of their own life, when they cannot --within their own selves, their brains --conceive [let alone give birth] to anything without universal influence, interference and interaction?

Certainly, a diluted version of truth can be understood by the choice mind (that is called equation/sensation), but it can only go so far: death. So where is the value or supremacy in mastering self if there is no 'higher purpose or being' humans must answer to...

I wholeheartedly agree, the book worshiped by many is not the answer, but certainly you are not realistically suggesting the individual is beyond the metaphor, while still indulging the ever constant necessity...

EDIT:

...as we also agree the concept of G/god is self implied. because it is falsehood; slavery --as the translated word states: ba`al --the overlord, the master of consequence. This, you know is what the word G/god means...

lol lol lol

2. Troy C. profile image62

Look I started this to get people to share their testimonies as to encourage others who may be going through something  also. But as always the enemy jumps in and attempts to mess it up. why do you think it is that these same certain individuals who claim to hate God or are not christians lurk around christian sites. It's to try and undrmind the fellowshiping of us at this place.I for one will not give in to them. I loved your message jerami, to God be the glory

And now you are talking to yourself and Jerami. Oh okay. I guess we're done. Cool.

2. earnestshub profile image80

No, you opened this thread to flog your belief in a sky fairy on an open forum, and if you don't want opposing opinions email each other or something. I'm not going to be silent about your hate filled tome being masqueraded as "the word" "the truth" or anything other than what it is.......fables and grim fairytales

He opened this thread intending to interact with others on a particular subject you dispise. You took it as a peeing match.

2. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll pray for Cags. Perhaps one day he will let go of the animosity he has for his creator.

My creator? What a joke.

I have no animosity toward my father. lol

4. stilljustwonderin profile image61
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

I have 2 hubs about my experiences with God.  His help and answering prayers.  Those happened quite a few years back.

December 19 2009
    I was driving down a steep hill shortly after it began snowing.
    I had driven in snow many times, but I didn't notice this snow was different.  At the bottom of the hill is a stop sign.  My car didn't stop.  Directly in front of me, across the road was 2 trees.  Along that side of the road was a field.  From the side of the road to the field was a drop off, about the length of my car.  My car turned, and went down the drop off at an angle that kept my car from turning over.
    If my car hadn't taken the exact path it did, my car would have been totaled and I would have been injured.  The only damage to my car, a barb wire fence, it needed a paint job.

Jesus kept me safe.

Having raced cars and bikes for years I can relate dozens of experiences like this where I escaped miraculously.
      No sky fairy involved though! smile

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61

I had a blonde moment.  My mind went blank.  I had no control of my car, so, I can't claim great driving skills.  I would like to be able to, but, I know it wasn't me.

It's medically proven that people will block out events that are tragic, such as moments before and after accidents. Even ones they survive.

Oh I remember seeing the barb wire fence and bushes!  Scared me!!
            Those things weren't suppose to be going across my windshield.
            I would say my eyes were as big as my mouth, but I'm sure at that time my face was nothing but wide eyes and an open mouth. lol

earnest, you are right. There were no sky fairy involved, God spared your life, because miracles only come from God and nowhere else. God has a plan for your life, and he desires to use you for his glory. If you would  only turn your heart toward him, you will see for yourself. It's the greatest life to live.

I agree with you  "Partly"  with that.
          Earnest like everyone else is exactly where  WE  are supposed to be.  And Earnest is doing what he is supposed to be doing.

I can only hope that I am  ???

Two things.
          I did live that life of pumped up self worth based on having authority from a god to do so. It was disillusion and I grew out of it as I matured. smile
          I know where my good luck comes from and the good luck of others. Pure chance.
          The big mystery is not answered by "god dunnit"

What I see is that good luck comes when you expect good outcomes. smile
          I expect good outcomes! smile

Don't take offence ...  I'm not leaving cause you showed up.

My eyes lids are falling down.

Good night all a yaul.

smile I would never think that Jerami. Have a great sleep!!smile

earnest, luck does not exist.

It sure does! I have had stacks of it in my life! smile

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61

Why was it disillusional for you earnest? There was a time in my life that I also believed in luck, but I learned later that it's no such thing as luck. We live off blessings from God, not luck.

I love your testimony stilljustwonderin. That was a sure sign that God intervened.

Thank you.  Yes it was.  I drive a convertible, imagine if my car had turned over!  If God hadn't taken control of my car!
        When the wrecker pulled my car up out of there  (the wrecker couldn't get down to my car, they had to hook up to it from the road)  there were only 2 wheels on the ground.
        No injuries to me at all,  my car only needed painted.
        Yes,  God was with me.

5. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Can You Remember The Last Time God Showed You Favor And Grace

I don't remember a moment when the Creator-God Allah YHWH has not showered his favor and grace on me and my fellow human beings. It is He who sustanis us and provides us.

Thanks

Hey Paar,

You sustain you.

I take care of myself.

See, no god required. lol

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From what age you take care of yourself? Please

When my parents were done teaching me, and I grew into an adult. I've been doing it. Why ask such a foolish question? roll

1. profile image51

Your premise was wrong that you take care of yourself always. He arranged care of you when you were hardly conscience of your being; through your parents and others he arranged it.

You're conjecture has no standing, because you cannot prove your words. Thank you for nothing though. Enjoy. roll

He    arranges nothing. He      is a figment of your imagination and a product of your indoctrination. lol

1. profile image51

That is just your opinion, not a fact or reality.

No, that is reality, the other is fantasy, you just can't tell the difference because you have been indoctrinated.
                  Some things are self evidently true, others are pure rubbish.

The sky fairy story is worn out, to many stupid psychotic elements for it to stay together in the light of modern psychology.

My fellow christians it is a sad but true fact, that like Jesus satan will allways be around. Don't listen to or read his words. Just scroll on by. That was a beutifull testimony stilljustwondering. Remember James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you,

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As if you understand what a testimony actually is... just wondering.

Touche' h.a. borcich.

Flogging a dead horse to the terminally gullible still? smile

6. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

I pray daily for the starving, dying children, and God does nothing.

But on the other hand, God helped me find a job just at the right time.

Isn't God great? Thank you for letting me testify, brother.

7. temiprice profile image57
    temipriceposted 13 years ago

Just last week a man told me that my actions were a sign of God's grace and provision for him.  I was not acting charitably, I was just doing my job in the best way I know how. He had no way of knowing I am a Christian, or what a high compliment he was paying me.  But every morning I pray that the people God lays in my path are the ones he wants me to touch.  This story may not seem all that miraculous until you know my job:  I'm a tax collector.

That's all America needed. A religionist in the IRS!

2. getitrite profile image71

I wish and pray that the starving children are laid in your path, so that you could do something miraculous for them.  They need it more than anyone.

8. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

God gave me favor and grace when my bills were seriously past due. I prayed and ask God to touch the heart and mind of the person I would speak with, and ask if they would give me another week for I can pay them. The bill collector didn't argue or give me a hard time as usual. She only said yes, and gave me 2 weeks in all. This is no coincidence. Normally this does not happen. I knew without a doubt that this was supernatural favor from God, and nobody can tell me differently. I praise God as I continue to recieve his favor in other ways.

Wow that's real proof alright! lol lol lol

I was waiting on your response earnest. It was a great deal of proof for me. HALLELUYAH!

So God can touch the hearts and minds of individuals, but he can't make us all believe in him?  LOL

I can't pay my bills either, but I don't see how praying to a nonexistent, illogical, supernatural being will help--and why would he help me, when he doesn't even care enough to help the poor, starving, dying children? 

He won't help because he has no power. He has no power, because he is fiction.

getitrite, God cannot make anyone believe in him, that's your choice. We did not come into existence  because of our mother and father. We came into existence because allowed us to, and he is the great creator of all things. God has provided more than enough food and other natural resources so that no one needs to go hungry and be deprived of other basic needs. The world can produce enough food to feed it's expanding population. Most starvation today could be avoided if it were not for people selfishness and inhumanity. While innocent children starve, some rich nations destroy millions of tons of food in order to keep prices artifically high. God is not the one to blame for poor, starving, and dying children. The sinful ways of some people are the one to blame.

Perfectly said

So let me get this straight.  A God, who is all powerful, has no power to intervene on behalf of these poor, pitiful, dying children, because He can't usurp free-will, however, He can intervene on your behalf, and show you favor.

I'm sorry, that just isn't moral or sensible.

In fact, it is beyond callous.  God seems to have a brutally merciless attitude toward people He should surely help.

I'm going to pray that God stops helping me and others, until He does something about the starving children.  Maybe then He'll do something.

You need to check out the average population growth through out the centuries. 
                Doesn't matter if wars are going on, a plague knocks off 1/3 to 1/2 the population; the population growth stays the same. 

that means the rate of death has stayed the same whether they are getting killed in war, civil disorder, disease or starvation.

When more people dies of other causes fewer people starve. 

1.1 % growth rate through out the ages.  ???
               That seems to be the rule.  Break the rule ?  more hungry people.
               after WWII  that rate og growth increased for almost 4 decades.

That sounds cold hearted I don't understand or approve!
            That just seems to be the way that it has been for the past 5,500 years. 
            1.1 % annual growth rate.   If we are smart enough we can beat the average ??  but by how much ?

1. getitrite profile image71

Jerami,
              This statement is the best response I have ever gotten from you.  You are actually speaking of the reality of the human condition.

I wish only that you could see that, by your statement, you have proven that there is no need to inject a God into the equation.

No, you don't have it straight. God is all mighty, and powerful  and he has already intervened in doing his part. My message above has already stated enough.I am not trying to make you understand what you are refusing to see. PEACE

Ya cain't show someone anything when they have their eyes locked shut
                Nor can ya tell them when they have their fingers crammed in their ears.

What I see is abject nonsense.  You have explained nothing at all.  It seems that you are trying to explain your position--by not explaining it.

You are simply trying to get me to accept your delusion.  Your God is exactly as Earnest defined it.  But you refuse to let go of your fear, and see reality.

If you did, then you would accept that your God is a primitive concept, designed to control you.

He can't help the starving children because He is not REAL.
              And He never caused any miracles in your life either.  Just because someone told you to believe in such nonsense does not make it true.

You are the one that asked getitrite, and already explained it above, and no I am not trying to get you to accept any delusion, but the truth. You have to choose to accept the truth on your own. Fear? I have no reason to fear because I put my trust in God, The only true and living God, and he is REAL. No one ever told me to believe in miracles. I read the Holy Bible for myself and the evidence is there speaking of miracles.I see the light, and that is reality.I hope and pray before it's too late that you will open your eyes to reality.

I come from a devout Pentacostal background.  In fact, my father was a Pentacostal preacher, and I have been saved since I was 10, so I'm way further ahead than you think.

I have seen the light, and it was BS.

It is true that someone did tell us to believe in these superstitious concepts, and anyone who states differently, I think, is being dishonest.

My father, who was a minister, told me things similar to what you are uttering, so someone must've told you as well.

3. stilljustwonderin profile image61

God helps us in so many ways.  Some people attribute it to "luck or coincidence".  We know better.

9. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Absolutely. God shows me his his favor and grace every day.
    Not meaning to sound born-again here. I'm not that.
    But I do believe it's only by God's will that I am alive today.

You can count me in with that statement.

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way, MM!

10. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

actually I can't remember when God last deprived me from his mercy

11. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

Loving God  and my relationship with HIM is the only thing  kept me from comitting suicide in 2003.  I could feel His nearness to me that night. I almost did it. Almost, but for the grace of God.

You heard your conscience saying it's not right to take your own life. Please...it's the only reason I failed three times myself.

1. bayoulady profile image68
        bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil,no it was God.It was a closeness I can never really explain,but  I wrote a hub about it trying to . I  see what you are saying about conscience, but where I differ with you is that I feel God gave me this conscience. You certainly have every right to your take on it, we both have our own beliefs.

I'm 61 and started my path at 16. Never turned back, and never wanted to. You are probably like me...no person is going to change my mind after all these years. I respect you as a fellow hubber ,a good writer, and you are awesome in the helping new hubbers forums.You have helped me, and been very kind. I want your respect as well. I like to be nice to people, you know...not rock the boat.So I started not to respond.Started not to......and probably will wish by morning light that I'd not...

But...I just read some of your other comments on this thread.(at first I thought it was just me.) So I see this Cagsil person that I thought was so kind and helpful is ...I can't even think of a word....I guess because noone knows your heart......But if what we are saying about OUR God bothers you, why be on this thread? I mean, why unless it is to mock?Why tell me  and others it wasn't God?  Surely you don't think you can change our minds.Not mine, and I suspect not anyone elses.

Cagsil,It just really seems disrespectful to me.I just don't see why you are doing this........ Why mock?  I just wanted to say yes in answer to a question in a Christian forum. Didn't realize that nonbelievers would be here. Free speech and all that I respect, but unkindness is another thing all together. I hope that you don't find my response to you to be so. In fact, I invite you to personally email me if what I am writing here was unkind to you.

Anyway....I'm an old lady..mind your manners young man! LOL!  but really.... I don't go on the atheist thread and rant that you and others don't believe, because I respect you right to your beliefs.

I also see that you don't comment to some of the popular hubbers on this thread that left comments in this thread. (I have been here 2 months) (habee I luv you!)

That being said, I won't reply if you respond to me, becauseyou had your say, and i had mine. I refuse to argue about something so precious to me, AND because on the other forums I find you to be VERY likeable, and THAT is the Cagsil I want to know.See you on the other forums!

bayoulady, I remember one time in my life, that i was seriously thinking about committing suicide. I was scared because I didn't want to do it. I felt desperate, so I called out to God to help me. I cried telling God that I don't want to live one more day in this deep state of depression. He heard my cry and came to my rescue. I felt his powerful nearness beside me, and instantly I felt lighter than ever before, and the depression was gone! I won't ever forget it, so I can truly relate to your testimony. If i had not reach out to God. I would have have ended my life.

that it it exactly! I do not believe in suicide, but i was at such a desperate point in my life.

DRAT! I wish we could edit...I meant "that is it exactly!"

me either bayoulady, actually you can edit, click on more next to reply and you will see the edit button.

I just tried it and I saw report and  permalink......not edit...........phooey....

Wow, I just clicked on more and my edit button is right behind permalink. You may need to contact the staff when you get a chance bayoulady.

Deleted

would you believe it just showed up?lol!but not on the one yesterday..oh well.

12. EatLovePray profile image60
    EatLovePrayposted 13 years ago

Yeahh, just a second ago. My wonderful parents and brother, who love me loads, and I love them more than words can express. I'm blessed that I have such an amazing family! big_smile

It's actually not a blessing. You just have respectable parents and family members.

Be thankful that they were up to the responsibility of guiding you. But, please don't give their credit and hard work, to someone or something else. wink

1. EatLovePray profile image60
        EatLovePrayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well thank you Cagsil for the post! smile You are right, my upbringing is indebted to them.. big_smile

But, I believe in karma to some extent as well.....

Cags, Earlier in this thread you crabbed about someone "speaking on your behalf" when he said "our father". Now you are telling another hubber to not credit who she wants to. Can't make up your mind, can you? Only what you believe is ok it seems.

It infuriates me how some people who claim religion bullies the masses can't see they are using the very tools they rage against.

No doubt you will attempt to discredit me for standing up in this thread. I am afterall one of those christians you laugh at. Maybe if you and others like you opted to make the mature choice to pass by a thread  once in a while, there would be a modicum of peace in the religion forum. All that self awareness and personal responsibility talk should be able to produce maturity.

Okay, then that person is a liar, if they want to give credit for what their parents did to a god.

I said, give credit to their parents and not some fictional god.

The people who did the HARD WORK of raising them, gets credit.

And, anyone, and I mean anyone, who gives credit for what their parents do away to someone or something else, is not only dishonoring their parents, but an out-right liar.

That is your opinion. You do realize you early in the thread you raged someone said"our father", now you rage tht someone credits God for the blessing of their parents. You flat out appear to rage unless the poster THINKS EXACTLY LIKE YOU. Appears prima donna like, or tempramental. Why can't you simply tolerate other people thinking differently than yourself? Why can't you muster the self awareness/self knowledge to make that mature choice?
            By the way, just because you disagree with the poster as to who is to be credited does NOT make her a liar. Get real please.

13. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

It's not an every now and then type of thing,it's a continual blessings 24/7 and a joy beyond common intellect.

14. Devanni profile image61
    Devanniposted 13 years ago

Probably never, but as I understand it, God isn't really here to grant wishes.

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Well why would a god have to be asked? Can a small dying baby living in a rubbish tip at the edge of some shanty-town in Cambodia ask? And if he can't why would a god ask him too? Should he have a bible? If he had one he would eat it!
    Foolish and self centred and void of empathy and understanding
    Your benevolent omniscient entity apparently hasn't even got the decency of any reasonable human being!

You ask your parents for things right? That's the same reason  I ask God for things.

16. earnestshub profile image80

Maybe if the posts weren't loaded questions or didn't answer themselves. smile After all, whats the difference between a post that says Can you remember the last time god showed you favour and grace is loaded isn't it?

"When was the last time you beat your wife?"
    Same see?

Poor choice Earnst. Too ask "When is the last time you robbed a bank ( or any other illegal activity)?" would be wrong. This is not an "illegal activity" thread. If the thread was titled "When is the last time you read a good book? Or when is the last time you walked through an orchard? - you would not even respond. But because it is by a christian on christin living, the few vocal nonbelievers are distressed the thread is even in existence.

Now spew the crap about how you are doing society a favor by mocking faith. Oh, better yet, twitch and quote scripture. Demand proof! Better yet - evolve and display maturity.

OK I will ask you a question in the same way as I read this thread.

Can you remember the last time a figment of a psychotic insecure person's imagination who believes in an invisible no show sky fairy giving you service and grace?

See, it's the assumption that the fairy is real thing. smile

You are overlooking the crux of my point...

If the thread was titled "Can you remember the last time a figment of a psychotic insecure person's imagination who believes in an invisible no show sky fairy giving you service and grace?" I would not be interested in responding. I would not participate in the dialogue. See the difference now?

There is a choice made to participate. People have a choice. Even nonbelievers can make a choice to ignore a thread, can't they?

17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You know H.A., "our father" is a generalization classifying everyone that that person is talking to and to do that in a forum thread, which is public I might add, is not correct, right or fair, to others.

I get you have problem with my action, and I'm fine with that, last night I was tired, irritated and sick of people lying to the point I let it out.

Just do me and every one of the non-believers- try not to use an inclusive word or say it different- like to believers "our" father.

My father was a good man. He was a wise man. He wasn't too bright in the smarts department, but was still my father and I understand the respect that is demanded.

Why do you feel your father is on trial here? I am sure he was a good man. The poster made no comment that your father was different or anything. Nor did the poster tell you you could not think how ever you wanted to.

You are aware that you generalize on public forums in the same manner right? You simply state the opposing view to the one you are objecting to. Get it?

What you did was get hypersensitive and vocal that what anyone else thinks is wrong. If someone thinks differently than you - you call them liars and delussional, irrational. Disagreeing with you is not a sin, is it?

The inclusion used by religious folk with regards to "our" father is dishonoring my father, his life and what he meant to me. My father was MY and my Sister's father. And, no one else. Get it?
        Yeah, I get it, but what you fail to realize- rational versus irrational. Truth versus emotional belief. Difference.
        Lying is a sin.. isn't it? Nice to know where your priorities stand. Good know in future communications.

You claim to understand your own religious view? It's not truth.

You claim to understand your own life, via your religious view? It's not truth.

Both are sins according to your own religious teachings. It is not a matter of disagreeing with me. It's a matter of understanding knowledge and wisdom of life. Which religious people fail to do, because they don't think for themselves and have no understanding of wisdom, even from what they supposedly learned throughout their life.

To be religious with regards to a god, is in fact, the lowest level of any form of consciousness behavior. Thus, in the end, cannot tell between what is real and what is fake.

18. profile image0
    cosetteposted 13 years ago

you know...i'm really having a problem with the word "favor".

i guess God didn't "favor" Adam Walsh or BabyP.

1. profile image0

sad  I find it very hard to swallow that God made it possable for my spoiled brat sister in law to move to Califonia for free...but there are stories like Baby P's in abundance. To say ..oh, hes merciful and kind and answers all prayers (IF they are said right, believed with proper faith that they will be answered, you deserved it, they fit his plan... etc.) ...I can not get behind that.

19. profile image0

well i think i am slowly understanding what Christians mean by free will. Man has free will and as such, conducts his affairs without divine intervention, good or evil.

i just bristle when people act as if they are in an elite club or have the inside track to God and you don't and because they do, he helps them get out if snowdrifts or with financial issues.

God is there though, at the end of life, and he embraces all in a giant warm celestial hug and you forgive everything and you have a divine understanding of things and there is no malice in your heart; only love.

1. profile image0

I think I know what you mean. At the risk of being labeled crazy, I do believe there is "something" else. I can't stand organized religion, I hate being prayed for, I have never had a prayer answered, other than "no"... but I HAVE had, and have seen,  wondrous amazing 'miracle-like' things happen. I fully believe in free will and I do not think the majority of Christians I have met are even close to understanding it. i think, somebody ..God, gods, Godess, Buddha, aliens, Jesus, karma...something.. is out there. I do not think prayers are answered, at all. Good and evil exist by our own hands.. free will.

Genesis 1:1 In the begining God created the heaven and earth. God created, not man, do you think man could have created any of the wonders of this complex earth, let alone the vast solar system. Please explain to me how us all powerful humans are still trying to figure it out. Why can't matter be destroyed or created. I'll tell you why , because there is only one creator and that is God Almighty. This is his world, he created it and he sets the rules. Just like your earthly parent set the rules of his or her own house. Just like some of us set the rules for our own house. God can do what he wants because this is his house, period.

I could not have said it better Troy. Thank you for the well meaningful post!

20. earnestshub profile image80

Well, I would like your psychotic little god out of my world ok?

That means death and eternal damnation, and he is not psychotic or little , you are. You will not insult my God unchecked anymore.

Time for dinner, I'll be back. Love youall and I do mean all.

I hope you enjoy your dinner Troy.

My husband had an aunt who was disabled.  She started living with her drug addicted daughter.   She would give her daughter money to go pay the bills.
      She would be gone all day, come home broke, the bills not paid.  Of course the mother would be upset and fuss at her daughter.  Then one night the daughter screamed at her saying, "I would rather go to hell than to take care of you!"  The daughter died that night.

Moral of the story.
      Be careful what ya wish for.

That is a sad little story, but a long bow to draw when defending an invisible entity wot dunnit! smile

How was that defending any one?

That is a moral that can apply to any aspect of a persons life. 

Yes, I did have your wishing God would leave this world in my mind when I thought of my husbands family.  If you don't believe in him, then there isn't one to leave your world.  The people who do believe in him, wants him in our world.

May we all be happy in our world.

Ramen! smile

NOODLES!!!    big_smile

You do have some sauce to go with that.  Don't ya?

My God eats nuddles and cheese sause, 
              I think Ramen was the brand.

You were defending your god and it's existence by telling me an otherwise human story like millions of others have experienced yet accredit the outcome to a supernatural invisible entity. What would you call that? smile

Well, no.   I call it a thought that came to my mind after you said you wished God would leave your world.

I'm not going to defend God to you.  You don't believe in him.   I could never convince you other wise.  So why would I try?

I think it is a tragic story of some one who said they wanted something, then got it.  Of course I don't know that she went to hell, as she said, but I do know she died with in hours of saying so.  Coincidence, or not, I can't say.  She was a drug addict.

You just made my point for me. smile

Well I don't  see it. 

Any way, glad I could help.   big_smile

OK smile

2. profile image0

now, see....this is something i don't understand. why would God strike down someone for speaking a wish out loud yet NOT intervene in cases like BabyP's, who was horrifically abused FROM BIRTH? or Adam Walsh, who was sexually molested and decapitated, his severed head dumped in a ditch? why would God ignore Adam's or BabyP's cries? is it because they didn't phrase them in the form of a prayer?

i don't think God is like that - vengeful and vindictive. when humans do things like that, we call them petty and nasty.

it really bothers me when people go 'OHhhh...see....be good or my God will smite you".

ugh roll

3. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry .he will be/ He only goes where he is invited.

lol lol lol

You're too funny, consider you claim to have an omnipresent god, which is everywhere and in everything.

So please... roll

21. earnestshub profile image80

Boy you know your bible. lol

You open up with a psychotic threat from your sky fairy, and then accuse me of being you!

I will insult your imaginary psychotic invisible no-show entity as I like. smile
    You can oppose that if you can find anything to support your ridiculous belief, but You ignore hundreds of little psychotic gems in the "good book" when you claim the fairy is not a full blown psyche case, it's a free world, or at least my bit of it is, so keep flogging the bronze age "word". lol

Once again I am called on to provide solid proof from the good book itself!

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Psychotic little god!

Writing between bites, just because I tell you how i feel about you or your views does not mean I am mad. You chastise a child but you still love them.

You remind me so much of Saul.

Once again you take things out of content and use the word wrongly, like satan himself would. God bless you and I hope you find your way back. Maybe like Saul you will see the light. Before you say your final goodnight.

Chastise???????????????????????????? lol lol lol
        To murder is to chastise???????????

earnest, it is sad and it's a shame how immature you are behaving. I can't see how you waste so much energy to make insulting, degrading remarks toward God and people that believe in God. Does that make you happy? Do you think the earth formed itself? I am almost afraid to hear the answer.

I think it's a shame you are almost afraid to hear the answer, you see that is what happens with indoctrination.

The 2,000 year old book doesn't cut it. I keep showing why, and you guys never reply with a straight answer.
        You can't use god to prove god it is circular logic to do so.

You believe extends to "god dunnit" and you are talking about my immaturity?
        Your infantile nasty little god being so needy he has to be worshipped should offer up a clue as to how you "think"

Easier to be condescending than to address the issue raised I know. Typical!

Ha ha ha smile Some are better with evasive moves than others! Need a mirror?

Just because you want to bully someone into your "give me proof" game doesn't mean they have to play.

What is your point on this thread again?

Don't have any answers I see. smile

What answers did I say I have?

This thread is about remembering God's grace amongst believers.

What is your point in hassling believers? Are you looking to convert believers? What are you hoping to gain? Why are you stuck in this thread spewing insults? Do you have a point?

oh earnest, really. lighten up. dang, i thought at least you were one that culd read btween the lines. are you getting enough,  protein?
          all jokes aside.
          You know, I know, everybody know, you do not believe as most do. That is ok, that is fine, nobody is pushing you to believe as we do. Noone is putting you down,  nobody is degrading your faith.
          would you, could you PLEASE do me a tiny favor? Please give the others the respect they give you.
          Bad karma is no good for anyone. really.
          as far as time, most people are tired, and may try to save time and space in writing their answers.
          how can I prove God/Higher Power? Ok, fair question. and without sounding like a cop out, or smart a**, it is easily answered with a short and honest answer. How can you not prove God/Higher Power.
          Ok, I agree. God does not come down and literally hand someone anything. He does use people to do His Will.
          Earnest, how bout it? Are you up to a little challenge? I warn you. It will take effort. and I also warn you, it will take complete honesty. To yourself.
          Let me know.
          I get the feeling that some may think you are rude. No, just voicing. And that is ok.
          Hey, you cant be all that bad, if you were, you wouldnt think it was funny to hear (see) me dog mark. (haha)
          Do you agree with the statement, everything that happens  happens for a reason.

Yet another pile of assumptive condescending rot.
            Do you ever listen to yourself? lol

Don't be too concerned for my self worth. You know nothing about me remember? smile

Why don't you simply address the subject at hand instead of trying to squirm out of it with useless put downs like these, delivered with the usual coat of paint.
            How many hours did you spend shaping that? smile

good morning earnest. I was so hoping you were up to a little challenge. Maybe i went about it the wrong way. I may owe you a thank you and an apology at the same time. Thank you, for thru your posts to these threads, i and others, are getting stronger in our belief...... apology. . for not seeing that what you are doing is reverse whatever. Clever.
              Dont worry itll be our secret.

Back at ya Earnest :

Why don't you simply address the subject at hand instead of trying to squirm out of it with useless put downs like these, delivered with the usual coat of paint.
              How many hours did you spend shaping that?

Who told you that statement is true?
            That must be your interpretation?

No Jeramy, you can call it interpretation, but you just know I can find it in "the good book" and put it here unaltered like the hundreds of other biblical text that never get answered that I have placed on forums.

Religionists seem to be intellectual cowards and liars to me. smile

And these "debaters" are some of the most blatant examples.

22. earnestshub profile image80

and you can't even convince anyone who can think and make decisions for themselves either.
    You are flogging a hate filled book written 2,000 years ago that is mostly missing and promotes a murdering psychopath.
    The bible is massed with the hate, fear, loathing, fear, insecurity of this little entity that is so insecure he gets his followers to murder people who don't follow "him"

This is insanity plain and simple, or religionists are ill-informed and have never read their own book!

Aren't you tired yet Earnest? Do you really think you are going to convert anyone here? Do you have a point on this thread? We get it - you are misguided in thinking your rights to what you believe (or don't) are not as viable as ours. What was your point on this thread by the way?

lol You would like all the non fairy believers to go to sleep I guess, but as usual you only have a bit of the picture. It is 10.38 Friday morning and I have some free time. smile
        Where I decide to go and what I do there is none of your damn business now is it?

Go to sleep? Not hardly. I personally would prefer each one get a wake up call! As usual, you fail to see the point, or have a point. Do what you want, don't do what you don't, as will I. But it is nauseating that you seek out christians acting like they have no rights. Blah.

And your point was?

You need some new material, you are stuck on fairy,bronze age, goat herders; etc. while dancing around the truth.

Why don't you answer one of the questions asked or reply to what your god said in the bible instead of pointing out what we all do if we have been here a while. So what's your point again?

I say the biblical god is a psychopath then prove it beyond doubt using your bible as evidence and you all ignore it.

Now why would that be? It's not sane or normal behaviour in a discussion to ignore what has been said and not address it with more than "The bible sez" from somewhere else and contradictory.

The bible sez whatever you want it to say and the number of religions that follow the same book is proof of that statement too.

seems to me that ya took what I said personal.

Seems like most folks got their eyes clenched shut and their fingers in their ears.

I know I do,
        Nobody going to make me change my mind 180 degrees about what I believe.
         I agree with ya about not following somebody else's idea about what scripture says.  It really makes sense to me.

You say that he told um to kill so many people.

I read it differently.  God told um to sent them other people home. Ya gotta go home some time.  When, why or how really don't matter much.

earnest, I am not being rude, but you are just posting on this forum to argue, mock christians who believe in God, insult God, and the bible. You never answered my question above. Do you think your body just formed on it's own? Do you think the earth formed itself? I hope the answer is not what I think it will be. PEACE

You are asking the wrong questions. What do you mean "Did my body form on it's own?

Read some of Lawrence Krauss and get back to me willya? smile

23. me67 profile image53
    me67posted 13 years ago

no  but i have 100 dollars haha but you have to buy me a horse that's white ok lol bring it at  9 at midnight ok

Iwonder what it is in earnies life or lifstyle that the Bible condemns that makes him so angry. One can only guess. Well I figure that is between him and God.

Don't/ can't speak or earnest ...  I know he don't like religion very much. 
          And religion ?  there are so many we have to question them. They can't all be right. . 

I question the religious establishment, but not the existence of God.. 
           Scripture tells us to question and test the supposid teachers of the word ..  Around 30 AD Jesus said the false teachers were coming and that they will be so convincing that many of the elect will be deceived and think that they are doing Gods work but they won't be.
          That was almost 2000 years ago and them false teachers have gotten very convincing after that much practice.

Earnest is speaking his mind ,,,  don't worry about him...He is being honest as to what he believes.
            Worry about that person that says he is your brother in Christ.

Flattering lips will lead you astray.

More condescending holier-than-thou dog droppings instead of confronting questions you can't answer. Weak!

24. Jerami profile image59

Earnest ...  You could be just a little bit more honest.

You are just scattering the chickens .
    If you are a country boy you know what I mean.

It was fun as a kid.    Just scattering the chickens.

There comes a time when ya see this as futile.

25. earnestshub profile image80

Honest about what Jerami. I don't lie here or anywhere else. Read a few hubs. I am what I am.

As for scattering the chickens, I see no reason why I should just say nothing about the subject because I don't agree with it.

I thought this was an open forum still. smile

I will never stop rallying against the tripe that gets passed off as "fact" here or anywhere else for that matter. I don't like myths passed as fact or controlling psychotic liars either.

Religion is about hate, control and money, I keep proving it using the very bible you are defending and if you don't like it, well ...........stiff. smile

I posted earlier 
      Earnest is speaking his mind ,,,  don't worry about him...He is being honest as to what he believes.

I know he don't like religion very much. 

And religion ?  there are so many we have to question them. They can't all be right. . 

I question the religious establishment, but not the existence of God..

Earnest ...  You could be just a little bit more honest.

You are just scattering the chickens .
      If you are a country boy you know what I mean.
      =====================================================
      Then you posted the one above
      =======================================================         I answered your question in the previous post.

When I was a kid I used to scatter the chickens.
      Grandma said  "QUIT TRYING TO CATCH THEM CHICKENS ,  YA CAIN'T CATCHUM"

I told her  "Aint catching um ;  I'm just scattering um"
      After a day of scattering chickens I sure did sleep good.
         And yes you do have as much right to scatter the chickens as I did.   Sure am glad eating supper didn't depend on me catching one of um.

earnest, You may not like that we believe in God, but you can't stop us from believing by mocking and insulting God. It's not going to work.

Nor is showing the words from your own tome as proof of the madness either apparently. smile

26. IntimatEvolution profile image70
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

A job in my field came out of nowhere.  Which was crazy in itself.  Is was as if God said, "Good work Julie, you deserve to work." 

I believe I got the job on my own merit, but, the job opening itself was the blessing from above.

27. earnestshub profile image80

I broke a leg once and wound up making a few million out of business. No gods involved there either! smile

28. h.a.borcich profile image62
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Strange how the silence can speak volumes. It is obvious what the tough questions are and who is afraid of reality.

Did you say something worthy of a reply?
      I must have missed it. smile

LOL Impressive new tactic compared to the norm.

Better check again if you really think you are warring against "hate filled religion" rather than spreading hate. Call it what you will, but it looks like you have targetted christians and deemed them to have less rights than yourself. Some might even consider your incessant targetting to be the sprouting of hate.

All the bulldust about caring about humanity and your fellow man is just that. Blah.

I knew you didn't have a point on this thread smile

I see it the other way around.
          You are claiming that because you have a super fairy all we mere mortals are gonna rot in hell because you and your book say so. smile

Not a very nice thing to believe about your fellow "creation" is it?

I see it differently, no argument there.

I admit to being a christian, you admit to not believing in any god. But that is not the issue.

The issue is that somehow you have deemed christians as lesser people. Under the guise of "I have my rights" and "give me proof", you tread on people in a most rude fashion. THAT is not nice.

Haven't you noticed how many christians on this thread have told you to believe what you want to? Has it escaped you that they have treated you with civility? The hate doesn't come from them.

So if they haven't tried to convert you, and they are being nice to you, and you have nothing nice to add to the thread....What is the point of you being on this thread?

What is your point in having this discussion exactly?

Your words in my mouth doesn't cut it. smile

All people are equal Earnest, can't you figure that out?
                My words in your mouth? Get real.

All people are equal, but you are apparently more equal than we non believers remember.
                  You have an invisible fairy who has allowed you to live forever while we unbelievers get tortured in hell. Fortunately we have you here to show us "the word" and thereby the error of our ways!
                  Hilarious! lol

Just a wee touch of megalomaniac here? lol lol lol

Now I can see a part of why you do this perpetual flip out at christians : It is YOU who thinks of himself as inferior and you project that assumption onto every christian you can find. Even when you are treated just like anyone else by christians, you act as though you are second class.

I have not "showed you the word" nor told you "the errors of your ways". This imagination of yours is not a good thing. I think it actually may be a sign you need mental help.

Try really, really hard to remember - we have not discussed dogma. Try to know when you hit the christian forums swinging, it is your inferiority problem.

I agree with you h.a.borich

29. getitrite profile image71

I have fallen asleep at the wheel, on more than one occasion, while speeding, and lived to tell about it.

I guess God just took the wheel while I was sound asleep?

You can drive safely while your asleep?

Yes, I guess it has to do with the subconscience of certain individuals. 

Some people can fall asleep while doing 90, and wake up, and continue driving, while others fall asleep, and plow head-on into oncoming traffic.

We as christians call ourselves christians because we do not fear or try to deceive. But the devils ownt hide behind closed doors and snide remarks and try to disrupt Gods plans. Cowards that they are. This particular one needs to be ignored he feeds off our comments. Without  them he is nothing, when he posts just ignore it don't read it. Please this is the devils own right here and now. Don't  respond to him anymore, please. Remember I posted it yesterday, James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Don't talk to him. Let him rant but just scroll by. You all know who I'm talking about.

Troy,
        You fear the Boogeyman, and you are deceiving yourself and others.

You have not answered why God would help you, but ignore the starving children.  And any answer that you try to get non-believers to accept, is riddled with deception.

BTW, why don't you let your fellow Christians make up their own minds about who they respond to or ignore.  Sounds kind of tyrannical to me.

1. profile image57

God does not ignore the little ones, but man has free will and man is destroying a lot of the world

Then God is a slave to the will of his creation, and man's free-will supercedes God's omnipotence.

One would have to evict himself from his own mind to state that God does not ignore the little ones.  HELLO! He allows them to die.  Just what is your definition of ignoring something?  MY GOD!!!

1. profile image57

you need prayer, then just maybe you can receive a little wisdom

Foolish, blind belief in a man-made religion is nothing I would call wisdom.  Again you are having severe trouble with definitions.

I need prayer?  Who told you that?  The bible? Do you even know the origin of this nonsensical book?  No you don't.  If you state that you do, then, you are only being dishonest and delusional.

Your belief is anti-wisdom, anti-knowledge, anti-life, etc.

1. profile image57

I will pray for you

1. profile image57

do you do anything for the children?

Meaning you have no defense for your nonsensical statements.

Mans greed and selfishness.  Food, medical supplies, are sent to care for the needy, starving people.  Men confiscate the supplies and it  doesn't get to the needy.  There are a lot of organizations to contribute to.  The only way we can know it is getting where it is intended to go would be if we delivered it ourselves.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Why doesn't Jesus take care of that problem? Why does Jesus give you food instead of the starving?

He gave us all a free will.  Those men have the will to be greedy and mean.
                No one around here has the will to take my food away from me.

What does that have to do with Jesus giving you food and the starving none at all? "Greedy and mean" men have nothing to do with that. What does that have to do with free will? Nothing.

The onus is on Jesus, not men. smile

The greedy and mean men, confiscate the food that is sent to the starving.
                    I know that you understand this.
                    Not a good argument against God.  Sorry.

I explained the population growth to you yesterday and you agreed though you expressed a false conclusion.

Approx 1% of the worlds population dies each year from one cause or another.  When people aren't dieing in wars or from diseases, more people die from starvation.
                   If no one was starving to death there would have to be more people dieing at war or from disease.

So does it matter how that 1 % dies?

When we fix one problem we create another.  Hmmm

Unless it's you or your family within that 1%, then why should you care? Jesus feeds you, right?

If I believe in a hereafter It doesn't really matter by which method I pass over. I have My least prefered methods of course, But after I have transcended; matters of my life here will no longer matter to me personally.

Some day we will all be included in that 1 %.
                       All of the intellectual discussion in the world will never explain that away.

Troy, You are right, and I will do just that.

lol lol lol "Say what you will..... lol lol lol

getrite, It's no guessing in that. I know without a doubt that God took the wheel  while you were asleep. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Yes getrite it reminds me of one of my favorite songs "Jesus take the wheel"

Yes, we know God took the wheel for getrite.  No one is such a good driver that they can drive while they sleep.  He will never admit it tho.  They ask why God will help some and not others.  Do you think the fact that some recognizes that it is God and gives him the credit while others don't might have something to do with it?

Like feeding you and not feeding starving children?

I don't think I like your god at all. He is pure evil. smile

He knows ya don't like him.

Yeah, they do need to do a better job of guarding the supplies.

Who needs to do a better job? Jesus? He seems to be feeding you. Why not the children? How do you rate food and they do not?

We have been thru this.  There is supplies of food and medical supplies being sent over there.  Sometimes they get confiscated and never make it to their intended.  There are some mean, greedy, evil people in this world.

If some one steals my food, who can I blame?  The person who did it.

Yes, Jesus feeds you but he does not feed the starving children.

Jesus is not sending those supplies, people are. If Jesus wanted to feed the starving children, he would. But, he doesn't.

What does that have to do with Jesus feeding you and not others? Men have nothing to do with it.

Well, it might have something to do with it if your god was a self centred narcissistic lunatic. smile
          What sort of god would require a belief in it before it would save a life?
          What a pathetic little god that would be.

Think about it for a minute folks! Humans hit a golf ball in to a hole not much bigger than it from hundreds of yards away.

People who have taken huge risks in their life have had many experiences that were very lucky indeed.

I never felt the urge to attribute this to an invisible entity even if Tiger Wood does. (HE must be smart, he's a celebrity!) smile

Why do you? I believe it is indoctrination.
          I cannot otherwise explain how you could not see how "human" your little god is otherwise.

It is in your own comment, yet you always miss it. Why is that again? smile

I am doing something for some one every day.  If they decided one day that they just didn't like me and wouldn't even acknowledge me, I would quit doing for them.  Call it self centered, narcissistic if ya want to.

You might, but I hardly see how an omniscient god is going to get in a huff because his ego isn't being massaged!

I try to put myself in other peoples shoes.  I am a parent, if my son decided he didn't want anything to do with me,  wouldn't acknowledge me or my gifts,
                I would back out of his life until he decided to come to me.
                Is that hard hearted, or egotistical?  I would just be giving him his wish.
                I think it is the same with my Heavenly Father.  My Dad past away a year and a half ago, so I have 2 Fathers in heaven.

Have you put yourself in the shoes of starving children who pray for a morsel of food?

Wait a minute... they have no shoes.

Yeah, I would be pretty mad at the people who were stealing it.

Deleted

Has it crossed your mind that we need apples to compare with apples?
                  You are not a god. If you want to see what a god thinks, you will need to leave the human condition out of your reasoning.

Why would a god be so tiny minded and petty as to only select those who read a book and believed SOMETHING in it and let all the others die.

You see this is why I find religion disgusting and brain-dead. smile

If I offered you a gift and you refused to take it, would that be my fault you didn't have it?
                    If you took the gift, but some one stole it, would that be my fault?

I am off here  for a while.  Ya'll have a good night.

Great point stilljustwonderin, I see the devil just won't give up. They are just waiting on their opportunity to start mess on this forum. I am not paying them any more attention unless they learn to behave.

Oh Yeh! Da debil made all da bad non religionists disagree wif you!
            lol
            Why don't we just do as you tell us to and not "misbehave"
            lol lol lol

This thread gets funnier by the minute! lol lol lol

A spot of megalomania anyone? lol

30. mikepassmore1 profile image59
    mikepassmore1posted 13 years ago

I remember one time in particular when I was just becoming a follwer of our Lord Jesus. God will use the smallest things to show you he is in control and that he loves us. When I was a truck driver in Florida I was running late to a very important appt. I got stuck behind a convoy of RV's driving very slow. My friend asked me just a few days before to start giving in to God and let him into my life. So as I was driving along and still running late for this appt I gave it up to Jesus and started praying and asking for favor to get me to this appointment on time. Just as I was asking for favor the convoy of RV's pulled over to the side of the rode. Every single one of them pulled over. I really felt God's presence there with me. God is good and has been in my life ever since.

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find it hard to believe that the not unusual chance of a convoy of vehicles pulling over can be attrributed to the intervention of any god.  I guess you must have been looking real hard for some sign ?

Wow, Another great testimony! mikepassmore,  I can see that God answered your prayers, and that was true favor. That was no coincidence what you experience.

1. mikepassmore1 profile image59
        mikepassmore1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree...He wanted me to see and to believe in just that way.

3. profile image0

meanwhile, God ignored John Walsh's agonized prayers for his missing son, and 5-year-old Adam Walsh's frightened pleas for help when he was being sodomized.

31. getitrite profile image71

Is God just too weak, stupid or incompetent to deliver the supplies HIMSELF?  It seems that an all powerful being would have no respect for the antics of man.

If God is all-powerful, He could suspend man's free-will at any time, so He could feed these poor starving children.

It seems as if free-will is like Krytonite to God.

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it up to us to feed the starving? With proper attitudes wordwide, we could. The lessons we need to learn are well documented in the holy books, indeed, ancient man was led and given laws by the religious leaders of the day. If a magic pill existed that could make man do to man as man should, then Adam walsh would have been born into a  different civilization. To be civil. A magic pill that could make us do as we should, instead of as we WILL. Hmmm Of course, no pill exists, nor should we resort to artificial means to MAKE us be CIVIL! And neither should we leave to God, wether God exists or not   , to save us from our own cruelties to each other. It has ALWAYS been up to us. Wake up and smell the JAVA! Breakfast is on, and the bacon is sizzlin'.

Yes.  That is correct. However, some people seem to think that a personal God is their personal magical pill.

32. profile image0

then...how can you say that free will is responsible for the lack of divine intervention yet claim that God pulls people out of traffic jams and snowdrifts?

It is complicated. God is inherent, and extant. Inside of us, outside of us. All we are is a reflection of our "creator" AND vice versa. God is AND God isn't. We are God AND we are not. Got it? Glad I could clear that up!

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you know

2. profile image0

yes He is. i believe that.

i accept that God allows Man to conduct his own affairs and every one of us must answer for our transgressions, either on earth (karma) or in the afterlife, although i don't believe in Heaven and Hell.

what i don't accept is God putting money in people's bank accounts and getting them safely to their destination, or letitng their team win the Super Bowl, that sort of thing. if He does all those things while allowing babies to be smashed in their cribs, He's got some priorities that are seriously out of whack, don't you think so?

hello Troy. i have. lots. i used to be a faithful practitioner of the Catholic faith. even so, i was never comfortable with the vengeful Christian god, especially where children were concerned (slaughter of The Innocents, etc.).

well, actually i get the 'bad things happening to good people' part - free will, right? which means that God gave Man free will to do with his planet and each other as he sees fit, since they forfeited divine protection when they disobeyed God. God said 'well, ok, if you wanna disobey me, that's cool, but then you can go live on your own and make your own way' and he barred the gates to Paradise forever. that might even explain why He doesn't intervene when children get murdered. see, if any imperfect, puny humans were walking down the street and encountered someone killing a small child, i know any one of us would risk life and limb to save that child. you know that is so. let's say we accept that God doesn't intervene, because he gave Man free will.

so.............why would he intervene in 'positive' ways like giving people money or clearing traffic jams? either there IS divine intervention or their isn't. you can't say God doesn't intervene because of Original Sin AND say God intervened and gave you four thousand dollars, see? thanks for the offer, WOC, but i think the forum is enough of a venue to discuss topics as far as i am concerned. smile

i don't know about BZD, but i don't blame God at all for anything. i just think saying God ignores dying children while finding people's car keys makes Him look bad.

well, i tried, but that was too deep for me. neutral smile

hmm i don't want to make God responsible for anything. what i have trouble with are people making God responsible for that extra money in their bank account while He allegedly lets other people starve or lets babies get their heads smashed into walls by their drug-crazed parents.

1. aguasilver profile image71
          aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"........why would he intervene in 'positive' ways like giving people money or clearing traffic jams? either there IS divine intervention or their isn't. you can't say God doesn't intervene because of Original Sin AND say God intervened and gave you four thousand dollars, see?"

If you are living by YOUR will, then God will not intervene.

If you are living by HIS will, then you are under His protection, as you have given Him your authority, and surrendered your will to His, and He will intervene.

All mankind is born into Satan's kingdom, and lives under the authority it was born into UNTIL they make their personal decision concerning whose authority they will live under.

If our parents were practising Christians, then we would still be born into Satan's kingdom, but our parental authority, being submitted to Christ, would protect us until we reach our own decision.

Between us and God there lies Satan, and until and unless you reject his kingdom and ask to live in Gods kingdom, you are stuck with this world and it's problems and how they affect you.

There are layers of authority.

In the 'heavenlies' there are spiritual forces, on both sides, battling constantly, Gods forces restraining Satan's forces. Who seek to destroy all that they can.

Below them in the temporal plain there are nations, kings, governments and civil authorities, all of which influence how we live, and who have chosen which authority (Satan or God) that they will submit to.

If you have a corrupt authority over you, you will suffer.

But you will suffer less (i.e. be protected) if your relationship with Christ is a strong one, and the stronger it is, the more you are protected.

You can work out for yourself that a child born into a country where the Government are corrupt and under Satanic control, will have little protection against Satan's desire to kill.

33. Jerami profile image59

getitrite wrote:
    Is God just too weak, stupid or incompetent to deliver the supplies HIMSELF?  It seems that an all powerful being would have no respect for the antics of man.

=============================================

Is the king of the castle expected to wash the dishes, or mop the floor?
       Or does he delegate those tasks?
       And if the task master falls short of accomplishing his assigned task ???? 
       If that servant was struck down ??  This too would receive criticism.
       Lets face it, some of us are going to complain no matter what he does. 
       Do we not think that he has been around that block a time or two?

Your concept of God is completely human.

I'm complaining, and rightfully so, because HE does absolutely nothing.  How can one call himself God, and never do or show up for ANYTHING?

Again, your concept of God is that of the human species.

Hello Hub Family, God is still in control, that tuition situation i talked about has come to pass. The balance has gone from over  $4,0000 to $0. Only  God could do that. He put the right person in the right place and at the right time. That is Grace and Favor. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Remember God rewards those who diligently seek him.You take one step he will take two

Praise God! I am praising God with you Troy. With faith , all things are possible.

Oh stop it you two! I'm gonna hurt myself laughing here! lol lol lol

2. profile image0

oh, so is that why God ignores the anguished cries of abused, molested and starving children? because they lack faith? wow, thanks for clearing that up roll

wait...i had faith and i was like only 8 but i had faith but God didn't favor ME. we were close to starving and slept in our car and my sister had to take my baby brother to the doctor on a bus with money from pop bottles and he almost died from whooping cough. but he put four thousand dollars in someone's bank account because he quote-endquote favors that person.

ugh.

1. srwnson profile image61
              srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This question has been asked even into biblical times. "Why do the wicked prosper?" "Why do bad things happen to good people?" Consider this, perhaps you don't need to know the answer to live your life. Perhaps you aren't meant to know. For example let me ask. How can a 13'6" rig safely pass under a 12'6" overpass in NYC? What's the Lowest gear to safely descend a 9% grade on Highway 33 through West VIrginia? What's the easiest way to free a frozen trailer brakeline in below zero temperatures? The point is you wouldn't know unless they were relevent to your life. God gives us the wisdom we need to live by. If we need to know something he will reveal it. Faith is the key.

Let the air out of the tires.

Third, depending on the distance.

Phil Woods Tenacious Oil.

Google is the key. smile

1. srwnson profile image61
                  srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol Oh intelligent person without wisdom. Do you think letting air out of tires will drop a rig a foot! Use your logic sir there's a way it can be done without even getting out of your truck. Distance has nothing to do with grade, grade is angle regardless of distance on highway 33 especially. Distance only reduces grade.There is a much simpler method then Tenacisous Oil. You won't find these answers on google sorry. lol

The answers were not meant to be serious, just like your claim to faith is going to get a 13'6" truck through a 12'6" underpass. smile

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image64

This flies in the face of all manner of evidence to the contrary. Plenty of people, whether Christian, Buddhist or something else find themselves facing situations where they do NOT have the information they need to face that situation. It happens every day. To think otherwise is to live in a wishful-thinking wonderland

That is the pot calling the kettle black.

You think that YOU can Damn God when he does and when he don't.   

You would argue with a sign that YOU made and put up.

You just don't like clear, concise answers, do you Jerami?
          The only thing that you wanna hear is "God didn't dunnit."

What a powerful psychosis!

34. profile image50
    mrcokeposted 13 years ago

you are complaining about tution fees you are asking for your money problems to be solved by god the fact that you have enuough money for a education makes me laugh you should be greatful for what you got if that is what you prey for at night and that is your bigest problem in life you should be getin down on you nees and thanking god for what you have not asking for favours

Excuse me mrcoke I did not complain, I gave thanks.  I see how people read into what you write and twist it I give thanks to God all day everyday. .

35. profile image0

i see no one on the 'God favors me' side answered my question about why God would intervene as some of these hubbers posted and helped them out of traffic jams and snowdrifts and with tuition expenses yet BabyP, who was savagely beaten, tormented and abused from birth until he finally succumbed to a broken back after still another savage beating and enduring sexual molestation by his mother's boyfriend, and Adam Walsh, who was sexually molested and decapitated were not saved by divine intervention.

this makes me S-I-C-K.

did you ever stop to think you made an error and the University found it and refunded your money?

did you ever stop to think traffic cleared on its own?

who do you think you are to deserve special treatment or "favor" from The Almighty? yikes

I wrote a hub on Baby P when it happened, take a look, the sickness was societies for allowing the PC crap that Haringay (deliberate pun) push, and a society that has turned from God, making snide comments like some of our fellow hubbers do, whenever anyone wants to hold a discussion.

Baby P would be alive today if his degenerate carers had been taught morals and disciplined by their parents, as it is 'we' have produced a whole nation of selfish iniquitous folk who do despicable things and then blame God for not stopping them.

Get real, if God was still welcome in the world, most of this stuff would stop happening, as it is the world is welcoming Satan, in words, thoughts and deeds, so blame the right entity.

2. profile image52
      Very Good Mediaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cosette, why the meanness? You don't think those issues make Christians feel sick also? Likewise, that someone is appreciated because they feel that some "grace" happened in their life does not equal they think they are better or more deserving than any one else. It's called "Grace" because it means receiving something one did not have right to expect or deserve.

I don't know why God allowed my mom's father, my grandfather I never met, to be beaten and murdered in front of her at six years old and she had to flee for her life and live in the woods and live a harsh life for many years. Ironically, this was done by the people out to "save everybody" from the harm and oppression of religion, capitalism, etc.

Yet she has come to believe and sense God in her life, at least now . . . so you want to knock her down and save her from the harm and oppression of religion again?

Fact . . . Fact . . . can not be disputed by a rational, decent carbon based human life form . . . the issue of why God "allows" evil to happen and "intervenes" here vs. there as well as if there is or is not a God and in either case, where did everything just "pop" out from - even the dust and space itself has to have a source somewhere and that source somewhere, etc. etc. . . . these have been debated for ages by much more intelligent people than anyone here.

Newton (2nd greatest scientist after Einstein, who's shoulder's Einstein and every physicist stand's on - Newton's the father of physicist). So he's idiot?

Pascal (father of calculus) - devoted Christian. Idiot also, you say so?

There's many examples and as is you darn well know I am right that the issues you commenting have been discussed and unsolved for ages . . . but you've solved it. There's no God (as if that's never come up before?)

So really you and others here are going to solve the issue for everybody . now who's being arrogant?

The Christian are not saying the issues are solved . . . they are testifying for themselves on what they sense [or do you speak for them now also, again, who's being arrogant] and would recognize that's why its grace and faith because its not clear cut ... but you made it clearcut?

What pain are hiding something Cosette that you are so bitter? Instead of hiding behind baby p and Adam Walsh (I'm sure John Walsh can take up his issues regarding God himself), what is it that you are so angry that people would actually have a positive experience or sense in God that you along with obvious others need to enter a thread that you know you won't like, but you do so because you want to attack and belittle those on it?

p.s. Before you go put your foot in your mouth. I have not made a single statement about what I personally believe about God or not. I, unlike you, cagil, the other militant on here, recognize there are good, decent people who do believe in God and if they want to have a thread to share experiences they believe . . . I believe they ought to be able to without others coming in clearly with the intention to mock and belittle them. I believe Muslims ought to have that courtesy. Buddhists, Hindus, athiests/agnostics (have a thread of "coincidences" if it means so much to you), etc.

1. profile image0

dude....you have mistook my anger at people's smugness for meanness.

i find it really odd that NO ONE finds it strange that God intervenes to help someone out of a traffic jam or gives them money but lets children starve, get molested and beaten to bloody pulps.

i believe there is a divine, wonderful, amazing spiritual force out there in, around and above the cosmos but you only meet it when you die and it cradles you in its celestial arms and you feel bliss that you have never felt before on any eartly plane and when you are in that embrace you understand everything and forgive all wrongs and i especially believe this of children who have suffered the worst that Man has to offer. this entity does not intervene in Man's affairs in any way. why would it? why WOULD it say 'hmm imma send Joe some money because he has faith in me, and that little kid being savaged by a child predator is going to endure the terror of it before being stabbed to death even as he cries for his mother and father and i will do nothing because he does not have faith'.

people say 'praise God' and 'i'm favored and you're not, nah nah nah nah nah.....' really annoy me, if you want to know the truth. if you believe that, then accept it quietly and don't lord it over the children of a lesser god. you don't think THAT'S arrogant? how is my asking these questions arrogance? i have gotten that same response all my life to my questions.

well guess what? i'm going to keep asking them until someone is man enough to answer them without being defensive.

thank you.

cosette, I am so sorry about the horrible things you been through as a child. It's also grieves my spirit when i hear of the cruel things that is inflicted on children or anyone. I have also suffered mistreatment and emotional pain all my life, and I often ask why. When God created this world, he made it perfect. Adam and Eve disobeyed God and brought sin into this world. Because of this, we all have to suffer. It was never in God's plan for none of us to suffer. I read and studied the bible, and that's where I got the answers. God does not always answer any of our prayers with a yes. Look at what Jesus been through. He was beaten so bad by evil people that his face was unrecognizable. Jesus was a innocent man, and he did not do any harm to anyone. There is more depth  to your question that i can share with you. If you prefer, I can send you more details to your email about why God does not stop some of the evil works done here on earth. God loves you, and what you been through can help others, and while doing so, it will help you to heal.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image64

Look up Alfred North Whitehead

36. Jerami profile image59

earnestshub wrote   
      Why would a god be so tiny minded and petty as to only select those who read a book and believed SOMETHING in it and let all the others die.
       You see this is why I find religion disgusting and brain-dead
    =============================================================

Who told you that statement is true?
    That must be your interpretation?

I don't recall hearing that Abraham, ISSAC, or Jacob read the book. Many of the Priestly prophets did read their scriptures that they had at the time. But they didn't read "THE Book"

If God showed favor before "The Book" was written, I don't think that is a requirement today.

"The Book" is the only introduction that most people have today.
      After the introduction has been made and a relationship is established ???  You are in good shape regardless of your situation.

Any "Miracles" or blessings are simply affirmations.

Some people don't need these to maintain their faith.
       Some people aren't going to accept them as such, even if they received one a day.

Some people "WORSHIP" life too much to see past the end of their nose.
       Some people are going to complain no matter how much they have. 
       Some people are content with nothing.
       Maybe they are content with nothing as an example for the rest of us.   
       Sometimes death at an early age can be a blessing compared to living a long life that they would have had.

We just don't know what we don't know.

37. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

somehow every time I see this thread I read 'shoved', not 'showed'... wonder why is that? wink

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lollollollol  you cracked the code of millennium...

38. Jerami profile image59

Beelzedad wrote:
    Again, if Jesus feeds you, why can't he feed the starving?

Why isn't it the other way round, that he feeds those people and you starve, instead?

I don't blame everything on god. He seems to feed you, so he can't be all bad. I'm just wondering why he can't feed others, too.
    ==========================================================

As we discussed the other day ...  1 % of the earths population dies each year.

You me and all of our neighbors get to decide who and how.

God gives us free will. 
    Do you See what we do with it??

Actually, he wanted us to do as he did. Are you helpless? Are you in control ?smile

Does Jesus feed you or do you feed yourself? smile

1. Sweetsusieg profile image75
          Sweetsusiegposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost gives me the ability to be able to feed myself.   If I choose not to accept what he has given within me, then I will go hungry.

Then, why don't your trio of gods give that ability to everyone, and not just you?   

Tens of thousands who starve to death every day have also accepted what he has given them, which is nothing, hence they starve.

Why would think you are special and they are not? smile

woman of courage you are right, God gave man a perfect place to live, with everything he would ever need, but he had to have the only thing God told him not to partake of. But God in his mercy did not kill Adam as he said he would. He just banished them from paradise. Man with his free will messed it all up so we all must suffer the consequences, and that means starving children, political unrest, genocide, suicide and many more things that are wrong with this world. But ther is an answer and his name is Jesus. Thank you woman of courage for reminding us

Cosette, have you ever read the bible

People seem to want to go teir own way and make the God responsible for their own inability to move the world in a direction that is good for all. In a larger sense, every journey begins with the first step. Each subsequent step is necessary to bring us to the "conclusion" technology has provided a providential medium in computers and the net. The Importance of the STATE is de-graded. The free dissemination of information which we enjoy allows us to move beyond the failed concepts, and towards a new truth, one that we ALL agree is universally palatable.  Come, let us reason together.

Thank you for the message Troy, and you are welcome.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

And, as you ignored the obvious the other day, Jesus feeds you but not others.

Then, Jesus does NOT feed you?

Do you ever stop contradicting yourself? smile

Do you ever listen ??? 

No you just keep asking the same question and never hear the answer,   I gotta go,

I'm listening, you're not answering, you're just skirting around the issue with innuendo and hyperbole. The reason for that is because if you actually honestly answered the question, your god and your faith would come crumbling down like a house of cards.

And, you know that, too. smile

39. Jerami profile image59

Beelzedad wrote ....And, as you ignored the obvious the other day, Jesus feeds you but not others.

=============================================

Jerami ..  And maybe next week or next year he wont because I am in the 1%.  It will be my time to go.  And hunger or cancer or a robber will punch my card.  As I said .. does it matter in which manner that I go?  I'll be in that 1%
    ===============================================
    Jerami ...  God gives us free will. 
          Do you See what we do with it??
    ==============================================
    BeelzedadDo you ever stop contradicting yourself?
    ===================================================

I am not contradicting my self.   You just can't connect the dots.

Connect the dots?lol  Which from my vantage point, seems to connect to pure nonsense.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Notice that you're not one of the millions of children starving to death? Did you notice that? You're well fed and you believe Jesus feeds you.

Obviously, you could care less if Jesus refuses to feed them. How sad for your faith and your evil god.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How's my favorite guitarist?!

Why do you keep shifting YOUR blame on a God that you don't believe in.  Couldn't your time be better spent feeding the hungry children, spending your time doing something about it?

You don't care about the hungry children more than I do,
           You are just on the prowl looking for something to fight about.
           You too are eating well while others are hungry.

Why should Jesus feed you and not them? Why should anyone have to feed them when Jesus feeds you?

Jesus doesn't feed me, I feed myself. You are now looking for dishonest excuses not to answer the question as to why Jesus feeds you and not the starving.

But, I'm sure you'll just keep answering dishonestly to protect your beliefs. smile

40. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

nice post Ad

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh, and hat for sure!

The ultimate act of favor and grace. John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Troy, I was just sitting here thinking about what I read in the bible. Noah recieved a word from God to build an ark, and he warned the people about the flood. The unbelievers mocked and mocked Noah words exactly like some of the people that is posting on this forum. When the doors of the ark closed shut, and God's word came to pass, the same people that were mocking were pleading to get in. God said next time it will be fire, and his words is true, and always come to pass.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can feel the love. What a loving god to drownded everyone of His children. I am skeered now. Will he be burnin me fer not blebing wot u sez? Like wot Moses sed? LOLOLOLO

Dint matter innit? Even u beleebed wot Moses sed - u was drownded.

Loving me , loving you - wot love.

I feels it. U is Moses now? Wow! Beleeb wot u sez or burn in hell. lol lol

U is a profit innit.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/MsHeart_1958/ROFLMAO.gif
              I couldn't find a better response than this one! Thanks for the humour Mark, and thanks getitrite for the great animated smiley. smile
              I guess I should thank the religious loonies for providing the source of all the mirth as well, so thank you all. !

41. getitrite profile image71

It won't be water, but the fire next time!lol lol

42. getitrite profile image71

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/MsHeart_1958/ROFLMAO.gif

43. Jerami profile image59

Why should Jesus feed you and not them? Why should anyone have to feed them when Jesus feeds you?
    ==============================================
      Have I said that Jesus feeds me?
      I have said that a way was provided.
      He has never picked fruit or vegitables and brought them to my table. He never put money in my bank account.
      He might have put it in someones heart to bring food to my table or give me the oppertunity to work and buy whatever I might consider to be a blessing.
      He has provided me with an opertunity to do that for myself and I then passed on that blessing that I am able

It is about people passing on their blessings all that they are capable.
       If "everyone" would do that, there wouldn't be any hunger in the world.

44. sydney1234567890 profile image53
    sydney1234567890posted 13 years ago

haha ok the thing is i can't  come

45. marty1968 profile image61
    marty1968posted 13 years ago

I agree. Ms Courage. I consider my being alive today to be a miracle. At age four I was in a car accident theat left me in a coma for four months. I thank God every day even for the little things in my life

marty1968, Great testimony! When we are thankful for the small things. God will bless us with bigger things.

46. Jerami profile image59

cosette  wrote   
    i don't know about BZD, but i don't blame God at all for anything. i just think saying God ignores dying children while finding people's car keys makes Him look bad.
    ================================================

I will temporarily leave God out of a little story.

Lets assume that mankind does not destroy itself.
      And Evolves as some people believe that it will.
      Science cures all diseases.
      Science finds a way to feed everyone more than sufficiently.
      Everyone is HAPPY.  Child birth continues  Death is defeated.

Mankind evolves spiritually to levels undreamed of.
      Life on earth becomes so crowded there is no place to lay our heads (exaggerated)

Mankind is so mentally advanced that we create conditions on another planet such that it can sustain life.
      We know that if we inhabit that place, that it will soon be filled to capacity, seeing as there isn't any form of death. And life just wouldn't be the same without Little Babies.

It would be perfect if we could transfer our spiritual selves
    into a new baby, experience life and death. When that physical body dies our spirit returns to our original planet of origin.

I think that Mankind with the help of science can achieve these things. If we give ourselves long enough by not blowing ourselves up first.

I think that this concept might make a good book.

47. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Can You Remember The Last Time God Showed You Favor And Grace"

Enough.

no, it's not enough, there is more to come.

48. profile image0

i think what a lot of people are responding negatively to is the word "favor", which implies that the Almighty favors some and not others. we are all God's children, isn't that right? i only have one child but if i had several, i would love them all equally, even the ones who misbehaved, and i wouldn't shun one because he or she devaited from my teachings - that's absurd.

i don't have a problem with the word 'grace' though...i think God does have grace but it is in everything and everyone can be covered in it whether they seek it or not.

oh, and to answer the original question (hypothetically), the last time God showed me grace was when he gave me my son. i truly felt that he was a gift and i cherish him. but i don't think of it in the same way as Christians do - i think of it in the sense that we are all connected and when we have children they come from the stars (they say we are stardust, you know) and i believed with all my heart when i looked at him lying there all new that that was God's way of saying he was sorry for what i endured as a child. strange, i know. but that's that grace thing we're talking about...

God does love all equally, and indeed wants to bless all humanity, but those who reject Him cannot be favoured.

The still receive His Grace (unwarranted mercy) despite the fact that they rebel against Him.

If God withdrew His Grace, then Satan would have free reign over them, but for now,they have some protection.

But if one of your children refused to accept you as their parent, left home, never spoke of you except to pour abuse and scorn upon you in public, harassed your other children for loving you, told the world that you had never existed, and denied that you loved them.... you would still love them, but unless they allowed you to do so, you could not help them in any direct fashion.

Selah

1. profile image0

COULD not or WOULD not?

my son could do anything and not only would i love him, i would help him. that is unconditional love.

Hi Cosette,

I said COULD not deliberately.

Could, should and would are very close words with differing meaning. I meant could not, because from experience I have found that no matter my unconditional love for someone, when they close you out, they refuse all and anything you want to give them. You are unable to help them unless you FORCE them to do your will, and God does not force his children to do His will, it's voluntary or not at all.

Fortunately not experienced with my children, but with many folk who I have tried to minister to over the years.

Once Satan gets his claws into someone,it's difficult to get them to see things clearly.

Well as you know Aqua, satan has his claws on me, my children and 6 grandchildren.
            lol lol
            Your blaming, disgusting stupid and immoral beliefs would have myself, my beautiful children and grandchildren as less than human.

Your beliefs are a disgrace to mankind.

By your own admission Earnest, not mine.... I have not called any of your family less than human, where on earth do you see that?

There's an old English expression "If the cap fits..." but nowhere have a I suggested what you express.

The analogy is simple, God loves everyone, but cannot help those who refuse His help, or live under the dominion (willingly or unbeknown) of Satan.

That does not make anyone sub human, it simply makes them less able to receive Gods blessings.

Yes you fit the bill 100% of one who has refused the Fathers love and slander and malign Him in public, you are an angry and disrespectful son...

....but He still loves you.

lol lol lol

Your stupid beliefs condemn. You can't weevil your way out of it, it is here for all to see.
                Covertly casting aspersions and making inclusive statements is abusive, and you can't even recognise it let alone have the guts to deal with it.

Then you state here openly that I fit the bill.

You keep right on making statements that include those I cherish and caste aspersions on me and my family from your sick little bronze aged left overs, I will continue to be a useful, loving father and grandfather.

You know what to do with your hate filled tome. smile
                What you think of me is none of my business.
                You just don't rate that high.

The great thing about the forums is that folk can read both our comments and decide for themselves who is correct.

You condemn yourself with your own mouth, you assume that every comment is directed at you.

You malign God all day long, whilst denying His existance.

Why?

If He is non existent, just ignore those who know Him and speak about him, and please stop thinking that you are the centre of focus in these forum discussions.

Just how dishonest are you prepared to be? You put that focus on all who won't by your psychotic tripe.!!

I'm over you, you have no capacity for free thought, you spend your entire life covertly and overtly abusing others then using slippery sentences and lies to slide our from under.

All I see when you are challenged is this slimy sideways step that so many of you do.
                    I just find it gutless and it fills me with disgust for everything you flog.

3. earnestshub profile image80

By my own admission???????????????????????????????????????????
                Is this the lying part again where my sarcasm is "misunderstood"
                so you can distort meaning?

You must be mistaking me for someone a lot dumber. smile

and you flog this crap for a living as well???

Hi Cosette, God promises supernatural favor to all of his obedient children. The amazing facts are in the bible, and the bible is clear that all people are God's creation, but spiritual birth makes someone a child of God. When we all were born, we were not born as God's children. We are born in sin, which seperates us from God, and sin connects to Satan who is God's enemy. In order to be a child of God, you have to be born again, which is a spiritual birth. We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God's family through a relationship with Jesus Christ. The scripture in the bible is clear that God formed man of the dust of the ground.  Genesis 2:7. It's not about what they say. Children are not made of stardust from the stars. Cosette, I am here to help anyone that desires to be. Cosette, do you believe the bible is true? If so , I can give you more scriptures to back up every word that is in this message, and they are not lies, because the bible is true. Satan, the devil is the father of every lie.

Do you see how the detractors have to use graphics whenever they post something. I think it is because they know their words are as empty as they are.  I truly feel sorry for the children and grandchildren of such as earnest. I'm sure they are beautiful people but you can't be around such as that, without it affecting or infecting you. Teching hate and discontent. What a great grandad. God bless them all. That is why I advised against reading their lies because the subconscios mind can't  discern right from wrong or good from evil. When you read that garbage, like they say "garbage in garbage out" Satan knows this and that is why he uses his own to keep repeating the same things over and over.

I'll leave this for other philosophical minds to ponder. smile
          As for the grandfather and father roles, you would have to ask my children and grandchildren. I live with and care for 5 at this time, and I see all my children at least weekly, participate in their education at the best schools in my state. (We moved here together so we could all assist with the little one education at a baccalaureate school. I also listen to the little ones at eye level, dress up as a fairy and live in castles when I'm not driving them to the doctor, dentist, orthodontist or making certain I never miss a sports event.
          They are all excelling in life and happy most of the time.

Yeah! We're just like wild animals without your myth! lol lol

yes I can see that Troy, I don't recieve any of the mockery, and graphic insults.

2. profile image0

it just doesn't seem fair that children, who are innocent, don't automatically fall under God's favor, being helpless and all. they are the ones who need his love and protection the most.

no, i don't believe the Bible is true. i think there are some events that happened, like Jesus clearing the temple. he was a real person who walked the Earth and mesmerized many people and gained many followers. unlike modern charlatans, he had a good heart and really wanted to minister to people. all people.

you're a minister? i sort of suspected that. and i mean that in a respectful way, not a mean one.

i don't believe in Satan. but i do think there are dark forces out there, just as their are forces of light and purity.

cosette if you but confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and ask the Holy Spirit into your lfe,  he will come. Like I stated before, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. No I am not a minister.

Been there done that. smile

earnest, why did you fall way from Jesus?

Knowledge and courage. smile I acquired both.

earnest that is wonderful, but please don't try to get them to think as you do. Let them decide.

Earnest the offer still stands

What are you talking about?

Gods offer, I told you before that you remind me of Saul. I say that not as  an insult. You're pretty cool, just one thing lacking. Now don't go off on me, I wish you nothing but the best Gotta go now, I hope everyone has a good evening or day.

One thing lacking? I can't even satisfy a few toddlers, who by the way will write a book each on what I am lacking and at the drop of a hat. smile

I have a solid grounding in the areas I deal with including having experienced the born again bonanza of inflated self worth through indoctrination.
                    I am capable of changing my beliefs at any time, but I do understand the bible far too well to become a religionist of any flavour.

I don't like the psychotic projections from megalomaniacs onto non believers you see. smile

2. aguasilver profile image71

When I say minister, I am not meaning a paid minister as you may understand it.

Believers, when they come to understand, know that we need to 'minister' to the needs of others.

We are always in every situation to either bless another, or receive a blessing from them. i.e. everyone we meet will either need help or be able to offer help to us.

I 'work' for Christ and God, and they do send my provisioning, but not from any congregation or TV show! - I have lived by faith for the last 17 years, and if I am busy about 'my Fathers work' then I find that resources are always available to support me, if I am not busy, then I return to my 'tentmaking' (See Paul)and normal 'work' just happens.

Scripture tells us that the riches of the 'wicked' are stored for our provision, and that's true, God sends believers who work for Him, to folk who provide income!

As for Satan, forget the name you id him with, after all he has spent the last few thousand years trying to get humanity to deny he exists.... you accept that there is good and evil, darkness and light, well then we are on the same route,just using different maps.

Most folk will agree that there is a 'higher power' (and by default a 'lower power', but baulk at the conclusion that if this is true, then there must be a highest power and lowest power.... in my research I have identified those powers as God, the highest power, and Satan, the lowest power.

I've worked for both of them, and believe me God is a better employer, though Satan allows much more scope for 'fun'... in the short term!

Satan will allow you anything you can 'manifest' as long as it steers you away from God.

God will allow you anything you want or need, providing it will not harm your relationship with Him.

When you work for Satan (with or without your knowledge) you will be engaged in anything that separates folk from God.

When I was working for him, I gained power over a period of ten or fifteen years which allowed me to control my and others environments to my or their benefit in a temporal sense.

I considered myself, and was considered by others as being a savvy thinker who had it all sorted out, and enjoyed success and popularity.

The moment I defected to Christ, things changed, and it was so noticeable that I saw the confirmation that my defection was the right thing to do.

I wrote an article (now a hub) called 'The 'J' Word' that summed up the situation.

Sadly most folk who work for Satan have no idea who is controlling head office, so they plod through life thinking they are really special, when they are really third grade folk who have been persuaded they are superior intellects.

We have a few of them in the forums daily.

Folk who refuse to accept that God exists, then spend hours each day maligning Him.... like Forrest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does"

Cosette, the choice is yours not to believe the bible. From your earlier post, you seem to believe in God. Am I right?

1. profile image0

well, i think everything has some element of truth in it, like maybe Jesus really did clear the temple of the moneylenders but other parts like the plagues of egypt, the parting of the red sea, noah's ark, man being created from the dust and woman from his rib, the nephlim, and many other things like that no, i don't believe that.

and i do believe in God. but not the Christian ideal of God and not even in many organized religions' perceptions of God. i just feel it and believe. see, i have been on my own journey, which started back up again about a year ago and i feel myself changing and pay attention to my feelings now and am not so impulsive. but i feel lost a lot of the time. i think i will always feel this way, like a boat without a rudder, just drifting. i have always said i am ok with this alone feeling but lately i am aware of it and don't necessarily like it all that much...i never admitted that to myself (or others) until now.

i will read your hub and comment there. thanks.

cosette, thanks for replying back. I am happy that you at least believe in God. I need to share this with you. The reason you are feeling lost is because there is a void in your heart, and you need Jesus to fill that void. You don't have to always feel lost. I am glad that you shared this with me. Jesus rescued me, and he desire to rescue you also. He is knocking at the door of  your heart for you to let him in.

Woman - you are not qualified to make psychiatric diagnoses on a public Internet forum.

Just because the only thing that makes your life worth living is a  nonsensical belief that you will live a better life when you are dead - this is not a fantastic idea to spread because it invariably gives people a false  impression that they know something when they do not. This always causes people like yourself to give poor advice that a meaningless answer that satisfies you is satisfactory for everybody.

This stems from the deep seated knowledge that you are basing your life on a misconception, and what will actually give you comfort is validation from other people that they are satisfied with this nonsensical answer that you are satisfied with. It co-incidentally causes numerous conflicts.

What you are really doing is avoiding the problem and burying it deep in your psyche meaning you will never reach your full potential, nor will you become the rounded person you mistakenly think you are because your pride in jesus is so great.

Jesus is not the answer - it is the problem.

If Jesus was the answer - there would be a noticeable increase in the happiness and well being of people who believed. There is not. In fact - there is a noticeable increase in crimes committed by self professed christians compared to non believers; christians have a slightly higher suicide rate than atheists; christians are less well educated than atheists and societies that are heavily religious are consistently less well educated and developed than those that are not.

Please stop hurting people to make yourself feel fulfilled. You do not have an answer. You are giving bad advice. I am certain Cosette has had many opportunities to swallow the placebo you have taken.

Ask yourself why it makes you feel "happy" that some one "at least believes in god?"

Radical Muslim terrorists at least believe in god. Does this make you happy?

If you have any ability to self-analyze - which I sincerely doubt - you will discover a deep rooted psychosis and fear of death, and your current obsession with persuading other people to accept your ridiculous beliefs, thus validating them, merely serves as a distraction from your true lack of meaning and obvious internal conflict. This is why christians are often so desperate to spread their version of this nonsense. It keeps them from facing the truth.

I am not a qualified analyst, but I have been a therapist for ten years. I recommend seeking professional help from a qualified counselor. Not some religious quack who will reinforce the validation you so desperately need.

Good luck. I wish you well in your journey of self discovery.

Mark, I may not be a psychiatrist, but I am a employee of a great God. Therefore I will continue to carry out my mission for God. Your message is full of negativity, and anything negative is the thoughts of the devil. I have not recieved any of it. The joy of the lord is my strength, and that is more greater than happiness. It's a shame how you are trying to get others to think like you, and stay in misery. Scroll up and carefully read what aquasilver has posted, and you will gain knowledge in how the devil works. I am sure you will see clearly how you are allowing the devil to use you. There is no such thing as luck. Blessings of God is far more greater. Jesus is the answer, and the only true way! Love you

No - you do not love me. Clearly you do not know what that means, nor "employee" apparently.

I genuinely suggested a positive solution to your clear and obvious problem. I understand hiding behind an imaginary friend for support is acceptable behavior for a child - but you seem like an adult.

Honestly - get help. There are people that can help you with this mental illness.

As you do not understand the concept of "luck" - I still wish you well, and I do not love you in the christian way. That is painful for the recipient. sad I genuinely hope you can see through your obvious denial and get help.

I know you hate the idea of me wishing you luck, but - I don't care what you ask so - I wish you luck and fortitude instead. Good luck. smile

49. earnestshub profile image80

While you in the meantime have decided who is evil and who is not.

That is Megalomania, see a doctor.

If this was directed at me, I have not decided anything, the bible clearly defines who is whatever, and as you have read it, you will recognise who you serve.

Megalomania:

Megalomania is an unrealistic belief in one's superiority, grandiose abilities, and even omnipotence. It is characterized by a need for total power and control over others, and is marked by a lack of empathy for anything that is perceived as not feeding the self.

I leave it to the readers to decide who is displaying "lack of empathy for anything that is perceived as not feeding the self."

Yes let's leave it to the reader. smile

50. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Luck = Lucifer.... Christians are Blessed, not Lucky.

All christians? Like the ones wot murder witches and kill abortionists? Them is blessed too? Am Muslims blessed as well? oR aM IT jUST wOT yOU sED IN gODS nAME? cOZ U sPEAK 4 gOD?

And - is it offensive that I wish you luck or "wellness"? Do you get upset when some one wishes you well but does not acknowledge the Invisible Super Daddy?

Why do you feel the need to correct me Daddy?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)