talking to god...

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (19 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

how many of you usually talk to god?..not a prayers but conversation like talking to friend ...

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope you do it out loud.

Does it ever talk back?  Do you hear voices in your head?

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol ..nice question...but i want answers from those who talk and those who have claimed that god talks back to them...i wanted to hear by them pcunix...

Yeah, I want to hear from those who heard voices too.  Maybe we can convince them to go get psychiatric help.

2. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How would you define "God"? Please

i wont define god..it is for person to answer define god in his/her perception...god can be many different thing to different people..for some god may be friend , for some a grand old daddy who punishes or become happy , for some god may be some type of accountant who weighes and judges..so what ever your definition of god is ,you may answer (ofcourse if you want to)...

OK, I'll answer:

A fictional being.

A clever ruse to control the masses.

A distraction to help people forget their miserable lives.

An excuse for persecution, torture and murder.

Want more?

ya go ahead...

2. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With a little biblical help. smile

An invisible fairy
            A figment of an over active imagination
            a myth
            a way of avoiding responsibility for self
            an excuse for not thinking
            a cop-out
            an omnipotent entity that has never done anything
            an omniscient being who can't control his own creation
            a lunatic who wiped out all but 8 of the worlds population
            A psychotic murderer
            a liar

Oh, and the one I love the best:

A mystical being who absolves your sins, thus freeing you of any responsibility and fostering the mournful  "I am only an imperfect soul" excuse.  I LOVE that one.

1. earnestshub profile image80

That is very nice. I just posted this on another thread as a warning to religionists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUJLqgeuOA

3. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

O.K., I don't have a "God", because I'm a Pantheist. I have the entire universe, but yes, I do talk to it. I go out under my oak tree and have quiet conversations with it. I like to feel connected to that power. I talk to nature a lot, and it responds. Nature is tangible, where the Christian "God" is not.

Am I crazy? Maybe, but touching and talking to plants has been proven to help them grow better. Every living things needs to be acknowledged. I'm sure my neighbors who walk by and see me "talking to myself" think I am.  I'm the neighborhood "crazy plant lady", but they love the flowers in my yard, so they don't complain.

This is my way of praying, talking to the universe, asking it to send its power down to help me or whoever I'm praying for.  The problem with prayer is that we always get an answer, but most people don't get the answer they want, so they think their prayers aren't answered. All prayers are answered in some way, but it is up to the universe how she will answer, not up to you.

Plants respond to noise.   You aren't "talking" to them in any sense of the word.

If it makes you happy to pretend your beliefs are real, I'm happy for you.  The world can always use more happy people.

We don't need more crazy people thinking some god is telling them what to do - like when dear George got advice on destroying Iraq.

2. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Whenever we speak we are speaking to God, does He answer back, you bet He does, but most folk are too deaf to hear Him, or obey Him.

Every word we speak is either a prayer to God or an authority to Satan, that's why we are called to answer for every one of them.

Selah...

1. earnestshub profile image80

Except for the cleverer religionists who can hear and "obey him" as they have super hearing and a better understanding of all things.
      Thus like that other fairy story "The big bad wolf" bible bashers have big ears that are "All the better to hear you with" but even better, they can hear the inaudible.

It must be great to be as clever as you! lol
      When I grow up I want to hear fairies too!

2. Pcunix profile image91

So if we don't follow your make believe stories, we are demonic and evil?

Is that how it goes?   And you expect RESPECT for that?

3. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't really believe we have to "obey" anything. I think it's common sense to treat other people well. Karma can be harsh if you don't.

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Talking to god reminds me of that joke about the guy at the party who stepped off the fiftieth floor balcony and just floated in the air.
    The astonished guests all drew breath, then a lawyer who was a bit drunk stepped up and said. "That's impossible!"
    A scientist also well plastered said "That's an updraft!"

The religionist said "NO IT IS THE POWER OF THE LORD! (religionists always shout)
    "I AM COMING LORD!" then he jumped off the balcony falling to his death.
    Superman leapt back on to the balcony and said "OK, so I don't like god botherers!" smile

lol ..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)