jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

christ popular only because of st paul?

1. pisean282311 profile image53
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

read some where that st paul created modern christianity and without paul ,christ wont have been as popular as he is now..what is your take on it?

1. goldenpath profile image74
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That statement came from someone bent on furthering their own agenda of destroying the essence of faith. 

Answer it simply.  Do you believe that Jesus Christ is deity?  If not then one may believe what they wish.  However, if so, than an all powerful God wouldn't leave the message and ordinances of salvation in the hands and writings of one person.  He would put them in the hands of many among many nations throughout the world.  That would be the purpose of God including all to hear his word.  We are to study and research and compare the records among all lands on this planet and find faith in the commonalities in them. 

So there you have it - do you believe in Jesus Christ or not?

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But this is a meaningless question. I know you believe that Jesus was a magical individual who went to Amerika after/before dying?

The fact that you are incapable of understanding the real message will not make that come true - no matter how much chocolate you eat.

Faith is a meaningless concept - and will only cause wars, big buildings to be built and vast numbers pf parasites living off the masses - as you know. wink

Wow, you bring yourself low everytime you follow me.  I offered nothing advocating my faith - nothing.  I offered a simple nondenominational answer to the question.  Do you or do you not believe in Jesus Christ?  If you do then to what extend would deity have their message known to all inhabitants? 

It's a simple observation.  Give a little credit for not being a "missionary" as you constantly think I am.  This was quite an unbiased thought I offered him.

Sorry to offend, but WOW! smile

Do you - or do you not believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

We are to study and research this in order to create parasites to interpret this. And eat chocolate.

WOW! sad Back at cha.

Gee, that hurt....

Apply your question with the original question posed.  No, I do not believe in a spaghetti monster (your version of God) therefore I choose not to believe in it even if you (Paul) says there is.  Therefore, I believe as I will.

This is exactly what I posed at the beginning.  Thanks for making me hungry for spaghetti and chocolate.  I don't mind you sending me chocolate at Christmas but please hold off on Valentine's Day.

Dude - I am on a low carb diet And have not had a carbohydrate in 6 weeks.

I am 28 lbs lighter than I was, but - do you realize how painful it was to talk of spaghetti (RAmen) and chocolate in the same sentence? sad

2. IntimatEvolution profile image80
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We would be Ebionite Christians, instead of Pauline Christians.  That is all.

working