We are all so tired of this!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (70 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Pro or con, please take the religion elsewhere.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why?

paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tired of it.

Well, maybe not. Sorry.

Paradigmsearch

You don't have to apologize..., if you are tired of it than you are tired of it...it's ok

I just pray that you examine the bottom line reason you are tired of it.  You might find out some real interesting things about yourself....

Love ya smile

2. bayoulady profile image69
      bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"WE" who? Do you speak for all? Of course not. Who is "we"?. The religion forums  are open to speak about religion. If not wanted, Hubpages needs to close it. As long as there is a labeled forum, we certainly have a right to post in it.If you are tired of it, just don't go to the religion forums. I can't say that I like all that is said there by either "side", and I don't go to the forums that much anymore. Still, with all respect, your post should have stated "I am so tired of it". Obviously some are not, and like the give and take (sparring/arguing) about religion AND politics.

I understand and care. Just take it elseware. I don't even disagree with you. Just take it elseware. Leave us alone.

1. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Leave who alone? hmm

Paradigmsearch-WHO is "us"?Why say take it elsewhere?  Just don't read the "latest activity" thread. Go straight to the forum you enjoy. Noone can help it that the forum they enjoy goes to that feed. Take it elsewhere? All one has to do is just DON'T read the activity feed. There is PLENTY that I see on the feed that does not interest me ( ie...my dog pooped....while I'm eating a sandwich)
          If you think about it, you started a thread that surely you knew some would not like to see...............

See I don't get why people think everything is a personal attack, even if they don't have to read or respond. roll

1. bayoulady profile image69

Right

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

paradigmsearch, You are choosing to enter these forums. No one is forcing you to participate.There are forums that don't interest me, but I have no right to tell them to go elsewhere.

4. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take it where? Assuming that you don't intend to enter a math forum and tell them to take their stupid multiplication tables and pack sand, my suggestion would be not to enter a religious forum if you are as sick of it as you claim to be. Or are you just trying to cause drama?

3. bileygur profile image59
      bileygurposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The question is why is Christian discussion so much alive here?  I have participated in many communities, but never seen so much discussion.  Not even on boards that specially are to talk about faith.

A very interesting question. Is it random or is it politics?

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Bileygur and paradigmearch,

I say the reason the discussions are so lively is because the there is a spiritual battle going on for the souls of mankind.

God is real, Jesus is real, the devil is real, heaven and hell are all real!

We are fighting that men and women who do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior come into a realization that they need Him. There is a choice about your eternal destiny.

Christians and church may have hurt folks and made a mess of things, but God has not.....and, there is a God shaped void in the heart of everyone.....only Jesus can fill the void.

The devil is trying with all of his might to prevent anyone from even considering they have a need for God.....He uses people who have been wounded, and people who simply just don't have a clue in an attempt to discourage others from trusting God....

[b}]Paradigm[/b],
        It bothers you because God is pulling at your heart and it makes you uncomfortable. You respect the beliefs of others, but you have not made a decision for your life....

God says, Behold, I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing, choose life.....nobody can do it for you.....and, we are not going to go away....

We will continue to love you, pray for you, take your insults and anything else. Whatever we need to do to show you God's love, we will do..... big_smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Amen! SMILE

4. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at the top of the page:

* All Forums
          * Religion and Philosophy
          * We are all so tired of this!!!!!!!!!!

OK, this is the "Religion and Philosophy"  Forum.

To the best of my knowledge nobody is forcing you to come to this forum and read or participate.

So, explain why your disgust with a topic means everybody else should not discuss it in a forum dedicated to that topic?

You said it much better than I by pointing out where the post originated. Thanks.

5. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not responding to, or indeed not even entering, religion threads is really the only viable response.

6. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tired or not pro-con, Babe, they'll never go.  People, like politics have to be right, and argue to do so,

On the flip side I know nothing of either and don't live in US.  By reading these threads occasionally, I have learnt somethings.

Overall, I'm just not serious enough to argue if I could.  So I'll just keep learning

smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or a set of beliefs concerning the origin and purpose of the universe.[1] It is commonly regarded as consisting of a person’s relation to God or to gods or spirits.[2] Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories associated with their deity or deities, that are intended to give meaning to life. They tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle from their ideas about the cosmos and human nature.

The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with faith or belief system, but it is more than private belief and has a public aspect. Most religions have organised behaviors, congregations for prayer, priestly hierarchies, holy places and scriptures.

The development of religion has taken different forms in different cultures. Some religions place greater emphasis on belief, some on practice. Some emphasise the subjective experience of the religious individual, some the activities of the community. Some religions are said to be universalistic, intending their claims to be binding on everyone, in contrast to ethnic religions, intended only for one group. Religion often makes use of meditation, music and art. In many places it has been associated with public institutions such as education and the family and with government and political power.

One of the more influential theories of religion today is social constructionism, which says that religion is a modern concept that developed from Christianity and was then applied inappropriately to non-Western cultures.

Religion (from O.Fr. religion "religious community," from L. religionem (nom. religio) "respect for what is sacred, reverence for the gods,"[3] "obligation, the bond between man and the gods"[4]) is derived from the Latin religiō, the ultimate origins of which are obscure. One possibility is derivation from a reduplicated *le-ligare, an interpretation traced to Cicero connecting lego "read", i.e. re (again) + lego in the sense of "choose", "go over again" or "consider carefully". Modern scholars such as Tom Harpur and Joseph Campbell favor the derivation from ligare "bind, connect", probably from a prefixed re-ligare, i.e. re (again) + ligare or "to reconnect," which was made prominent by St. Augustine, following the interpretation of Lactantius.[5][6]

According to the philologist Max Müller, the root of the English word "religion", the Latin religio, was originally used to mean only "reverence for God or the gods, careful pondering of divine things, piety" (which Cicero further derived to mean "diligence").[7][8] Max Müller characterized many other cultures around the world, including Egypt, Persia, and India, as having a similar power structure at this point in history. What is called ancient religion today, they would have only called "law".[9]

Many languages have words that can be translated as "religion", but they may use them in a very different way, and some have no word for religion at all. For example, the Sanskrit word dharma, sometimes translated as "religion", also means law. Throughout classical South Asia, the study of law consisted of concepts such as penance through piety and ceremonial as well as practical traditions. Medieval Japan at first had a similar union between "imperial law" and universal or "Buddha law", but these later became independent sources of power.[10][11]

There is no precise equivalent of "religion" in Hebrew, and Judaism does not distinguish clearly between religious, national, racial, or ethnic identities.[12] One of its central concepts is "halakha", sometimes translated as "law"", which guides religious practice and belief and many aspects of daily life.

The use of other terms, such as obedience to God or Islam are likewise grounded in particular histories and vocabularies.[13]

Religious belief usually[citation needed] relates to the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities and divine involvement in the universe and human life. Alternately, it may also relate to values and practices transmitted by a spiritual[citation needed] leader.[14] In some religions, like the Abrahamic religions, it is held that most of the core beliefs have been divinely revealed.

Different religions attach differing degrees of importance to belief. Christianity puts more emphasis on belief than other religions. The Church has throughout its history set out Creeds that define correct belief for Christians and identify heresy. Luke Timothy Johnson in his book on the Christian Creed says that "Most religions put more emphasis on orthopraxy (right practice) than on orthodoxy (right belief). Judaism and Islam have each created sophisticated systems of law to guide behaviour, but have allowed an astonishing freedom of conviction and intellectual expression. Both have been able to get along with comparatively short statements of belief. Buddhism and Hinduism concentrate on the practices of ritual and transformation rather than on uniformity of belief, and tribal religions express their view of reality through a variety of myths, not a 'rule of faith' for their members." Christianity by contrast places a peculiar emphasis on belief and has created ever more elaborate and official statements in its Creeds.[15] Some Christian denominations, especially those formed since the Reformation, do not have creeds, and some, for example the Jehovah's Witnesses,[16] explicitly reject them.

Whether Judaism entails belief or not has been a point of some controversy. Some say it is does not,[17] some have suggested that belief is relatively unimportant for Jews. "To be a Jew," says de Lange, "means first and foremost to belong to a group, the Jewish people, and the religious beliefs are secondary."[18] Others[who?] say that the Shema prayer, recited in the morning and evening services, expresses a Jewish creed: "Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One."[Deut. 6:4] Maimonides's Thirteen Principles of the Faith are often taken as the statement of Judaism' fundamental beliefs. They may be summarised as follows:

God is the Creator.
    God is a unity.
    God is incorporeal.
    God is the first and the last.
    It is right to pray to God and to no other.
    The words of the prophets are true.
    The prophecy of Moses was true.
    The Torah was given to Moses.
    The Torah will never change.
    God knows all the deeds of human beings and all their thoughts.
    God rewards those who keep His commandments and punishes those that transgress them.
    The Messiah will come.
    The dead will be resurrected.
    Muslims declare the shahada, or testimony: "I bear witness that there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the slave and messenger of Allah."[19]

In the 19th and 20th centuries, the academic practice of comparative religion divided religious belief into philosophically defined categories called "world religions." However, some recent scholarship has argued that not all types of religion are necessarily separated by mutually exclusive philosophies, and furthermore that the utility of ascribing a practice to a certain philosophy, or even calling a given practice religious, rather than cultural, political, or social in nature, is limited.[20][21][22] The current state of psychological study about the nature of religiousness suggests that it is better to refer to religion as a largely invariant phenomenon that should be distinguished from cultural norms (i.e. "religions").[23] The list of religious movements given here is therefore an attempt to summarize the most important regional and philosophical influences on local communities, but it is by no means a complete description of every religious community, nor does it explain the most important elements of individual religiousness.

The four largest religious groups by population, estimated to account for between 5 and 6 billion people, are Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism.

Four largest religions Adherents[citation needed]  % of world population Article
    World population 6.8 billion[24] Figures taken from individual articles:
    Christianity 1.9 billion – 2.1 billion[25] 29% – 32% Christianity by country
    Islam 1.3 billion – 1.57 billion[26] 19% – 21% Islam by country
    Buddhism 500 million – 1.5 billion[27][28] 7% – 21% Buddhism by country
    Hinduism 950 million – 1 billion[29] 14% – 20% Hinduism by country
    Total 4.65 billion – 6.17 billion 68.38% – 90.73% 

The patriarch Abraham (by József Molnár)Abrahamic religions are monotheistic religions which believe they descend from the Jewish patriarch Abraham.
    Judaism is the oldest Abrahamic religion, originating in the people of ancient Israel and Judea. Judaism is based primarily on the Torah, a text which Jews believe was handed down to the people of Israel through the prophet Moses in 1,400 BCE. This along with the rest of the Hebrew Bible and the Talmud are the central texts of Judaism. The Jewish people were scattered after the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 CE. Judaism today is practiced by about 13 million people, with about 40 per cent living in Israel and 40 per cent in the United States.
    Christianity is based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth (1st century) as presented in the New Testament. The Christian faith is essentially faith in Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God, and as Savior and Lord. Almost all Christians believe in the Trinity, which teaches the unity of Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead. Most Christians can describe their faith with the Nicene Creed. As the religion of Byzantine Empire in the first millennium and of Western Europe during the time of colonization, Christianity has been propagated throughout the world. The main divisions of Christianity are, according to the number of adherents:
    Catholic Church, leaded by the Pope in Rome, is a communion of the Western church and 22 Eastern Catholic churches.
    Protestantism, separated from the Catholic Church in the 16th-century Reformation and split in many denominations,
    Eastern Christianity which include Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy and the Church of the East.

Muslims praying around Kaaba, the most sacred site in IslamIslam refers to the religion taught by the Islamic prophet Muhammad, a major political and religious figure of the 7th century CE. Islam is the dominant religion of northern Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia. As with Christianity, there is no single orthodoxy in Islam but a multitude of traditions which are generally categorized as Sunni and Shia, although there are other minor groups as well. Wahhabi is the dominant Muslim sect in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. There are also several Islamic republics, including Iran, which is run by a Shia Supreme Leader.
    The Bahá'í Faith was founded in the 19th century in Iran and since then has spread worldwide. It teaches unity of all religious philosophies and accepts all of the prophets of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam as well as additional prophets including its founder Bahá'u'lláh.
    American religions are often derived from Christian tradition. They include the Latter Day Saint movement, Jehovah's Witnesses among hundreds of smaller groups.
    Smaller Abrahamic groups that are not heterodox versions of the four major groupings include Samaritanism, the Druze, and the Rastafari movement.

Hindu statue of Rama in Kalaram Temple (India)Indian religions are practiced or were founded in the Indian subcontinent. Concepts most of them share in common include dharma, karma, reincarnation, mantras, yantras, and darśana.
    Hinduism is a synecdoche describing the similar philosophies of Vaishnavism, Shaivism, and related groups practiced or were founded in the Indian subcontinent. Concepts most of them share in common include karma, caste, reincarnation, mantras, yantras, and darśana.[30] Hinduism is not a monolithic religion in the Romanic sense but a religious category containing dozens of separate philosophies amalgamated as Sanātana Dharma.
    Jainism, taught primarily by Parsva (9th century BCE) and Mahavira (6th century BCE), is an ancient Indian religion that prescribes a path of non-violence for all forms of living beings in this world. Jains are found mostly in India.
    Buddhism was founded by Siddhattha Gotama in the 6th century BCE. Buddhists generally agree that Gotama aimed to help sentient beings end their suffering by understanding the true nature of phenomena, thereby escaping the cycle of suffering and rebirth (saṃsāra), that is, achieving Nirvana.
    Theravada Buddhism, which is practiced mainly in Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia alongside folk religion, shares some characteristics of Indian religions. It is based in a large collection of texts called the Pali Canon.
    Under the heading of Mahayana (the "Great Vehicle") fall a multitude of doctrines which began their development in China and are still relevant in Vietnam, in Korea, in Japan, and to a lesser extent in Europe and the United States. Mahayana Buddhism includes such disparate teachings as Zen, Pure Land, and Soka Gakkai.
    Vajrayana Buddhism, sometimes considered a form of Mahayana, was developed in Tibet and is still most prominent there and in surrounding regions.
    Two notable new Buddhist sects are Hòa Hảo and the Dalit Buddhist movement, which were developed separately in the 20th century.
    Sikhism is a monotheistic religion founded on the teachings of Guru Nanak and ten successive Sikh Gurus in 15th century Punjab. Sikhs are found mostly in India.
    There are dozens of new religious movements within Indian religions and Hindu reform movements, such as Ayyavazhi and Swaminarayan Faith.

Zoroastrian Fire TempleIranian religions are ancient religions which roots predate the Islamization of the Greater Iran. Nowadays these religions are practiced only by minorities.
    Zoroastrianism is a religion and philosophy based on the teachings of prophet Zoroaster in the 6th century BC. The Zoroastrians worship the Creator Ahura Mazda. In Zoroastrianism good and evil have distinct sources, with evil trying to destroy the creation of Mazda, and good trying to sustain it.
    Mandaeism is a monotheistic religion with a strongly dualistic worldview. Mandaeans are sometime labeled as the "Last Gnostics".
    Kurdish religions include the traditional beliefs of the Yazidi, Alevi, and Ahl-e Haqq. Sometimes these are labeled Yazdânism.

Incense burner in ChinaFolk religion is a term applied loosely and vaguely to less-organized local practices. It is also called paganism, shamanism, animism, ancestor worship, and totemism, although not all of these elements are necessarily present in local belief systems. The category of "folk religion" can generally include anything that is not part of an organization. The modern neopagan movement draws on folk religion for inspiration.
    African traditional religion is a category including any type of religion practiced in Africa before the arrival of Islam and Christianity, such as Yoruba religion or San religion. There are many varieties of religions developed by Africans in the Americas derived from African beliefs, including Santería, Candomblé, Umbanda, Vodou, and Oyotunji.
    Folk religions of the Americas include Aztec religion, Inca religion, Maya religion, and modern Catholic beliefs such as the Virgin of Guadalupe. Native American religion is practiced across the continent of North America.
    Australian Aboriginal culture contains a mythology and sacred practices characteristic of folk religion.
    Chinese folk religion, practiced by Chinese people around the world, is a primarily social practice including popular elements of Confucianism and Taoism, with some remnants of Mahayana Buddhism. Most Chinese do not identify as religious due to the strong Maoist influence on the country in recent history, but adherence to religious ceremonies remains common. New religious movements include Falun Gong and I-Kuan Tao.
    Traditional Korean religion was a syncretic mixture of Mahayana Buddhism and Korean shamanism. Unlike Japanese Shinto, Korean shamanism was never codified and Buddhism was never made a social necessity. In some areas these traditions remain prevalent, but Korean-influenced Christianity is far more influential in society and politics.
    Traditional Japanese religion is a mixture of Mahayana Buddhism and ancient indigenous practices which were codified as Shinto in the 19th century. Japanese people retain nominal attachment to both Buddhism and Shinto through social ceremonies, but irreligion is common.

A modern style Unitarian sanctuaryA variety of new religious movements still practiced today have been founded in many other countries besides Japan and the United States, including:
    Shinshūkyō is a general category for a wide variety of religious movements founded in Japan since the 19th century. These movements share almost nothing in common except the place of their founding. The largest religious movements centered in Japan include Soka Gakkai, Tenrikyo, and Seicho-No-Ie among hundreds of smaller groups.
    Cao Đài is a syncretistic, monotheistic religion, established in Vietnam in 1926.
    Unitarian Universalism is a religion characterized by support for a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning."
    Sociological classifications of religious movements suggest that within any given religious group, a community can resemble various types of structures, including "churches", "denominations", "sects", "cults", and "institutions".

RAmen

1. LaMamaLoli profile image61
      LaMamaLoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol are u bored??!!

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nah, not really. Just kidding around smile

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG!  Misha just wrote another hub.  Well done my friend, I loved it.smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you go over that Zoro's Rastafarian part again?  I didn't quite get it.

4. SteveoMc profile image72
      SteveoMcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

3. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Yeah what he said, and besides the forums are labeled. roll

4. paradigmsearch profile image59

Misha, are you saying that religion is a branch of philosophy? If so, that is a good thing.

1. Misha profile image63

Nah, I am not saying anything, I am just emulating a religionist poster. This has been copied from wikipedia smile

No comment.

5. paradigmsearch profile image59

I understand politics.

Take it elseware.

HP is a non-political and non-religious site.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HP decides what has to be taken elsewhere. 

Is it your mission to eliminate everything in the world that you personally don't want?  Good luck with that.   

Meanwhile, the rest of us chose to ignore the forums we find annoying.

KCC, I have seen your forums posts and I like you.smile I neither embrace nor refute religion. I just want it taken elseware.

Has someone been being mean to you in the religious forums ps...tell me who and all let-em-have it. big_smile

lol. Actually, no. Not mean, not rude, not unethical, not anything at all.

So you're simply put off by contraversy then. You don't appreciate other people arguing religion and politics. You prefer everyone talk about cute and kittney things big_smile

No, I just simply do not want HP hijacked by any particular politics, religion, belief, or any other nonsense.

I have seen it happen before. Not just websites, but actual physical locations as well. It is called Sociology.

Physical locations are one thing...virtual something else,  I don't think anyone group has the power to hijack a website...just my opinion. If a person tried to hijack hubpages we'll just sick Mr. Knowles on them and watch the blood bath...k smile

That would work......smile

Well said......

SORRY..was replying to KCC

......HP is a non-political and non-religious site....?

Then why have religion and political forums?Why allow religious hubs or political hubs?
      You keep saying take 'it ' elsewhere. Just DON'T read what you don't like. It is that simple. You can't make a mandate  for those that like the exchange, but you can choose not to read

You aren't "listening'
      in a nutshell..

1,don't read the activity feed it it bugs you.
      2.you can't make a mandate
      3. see number 1 and 2

I am done with trying to get you to see more than your "side".Was hoping I could at least get you to think about it and how your post looked to others that don't want you speaking for them.("we")
      Have a nice Labor Day holiday!

3. profile image0
      RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify, the Religion and Politics forums were created because of overwhelming demand from Hubbers. They have always been quite active forums and were certainly in existence and rocking along when you joined HP 10 months ago.

So to say HP is not Political or Religious isn't exactly accurate.

There are many here who share your views and they usually either just write their own Hubs and avoid the forums or they start and enjoy forums outside of the political and religious perspective.

That is why there is the option on 'Feed' to review only the forums you are actively participating in. There is also the Categories to choose from on the left. It is quite possible to avoid all the religious and political talk.

There are people, however, that enjoy these discussions and freedom of choice is an important thing.

I don't like the personal attacks or vitriolic arguments that sometimes break out but that is why HP staff are on hand to moderate and I think they do an excellent job!

4. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Now, you are trying to control HP? That is not in the hubpages rules. God loves you paradigmsearch, and I do too.

6. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Maybe it's called freedom of speech.  Freedom of the written word.  Freedom of one's one beliefs.  Expressing them is a right that each individual has.

If you don't like what you read, don't go back.  You have the choice at the tip of your finger.

7. paradigmsearch profile image59

Odd.

1. trish1048 profile image67
      trish1048posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What an odd thing to say, take it elsewhere. 
      It's really simple.  You don't like a tv show, change the channel.  Don't like a certain food?  Don't eat it.  Don't care for controversy?  Don't step into it.  Hate the lights on?  Turn em off. 

Doesn't get much simpler.  If it annoys you so much, you have the choice to 'go elsewhere'.  Sheesh!

8. paradigmsearch profile image59

I think I have hit truth.

edit: "We are all so tired of this!!!!!!!!!!"

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am tired of scrolling past yet another copy of Misha's post.  I guess I have to switch to the other view.

ha, ha, ha...lol

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Did it hit you back yet? wink

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL....nice post by the way....very informative. wink tongue

1. Misha profile image63

WIKIPEDIA IS A VIRTUE!

lol!

10. CkhoffmanK profile image80
    CkhoffmanKposted 13 years ago

Eh....

I didn't realize this was started in the religion topic. Otherwise I'd agree with the OP.. Oh well

though I don't feel like random people discussing their god as a personal attack on me.. unless they turn it into one.

live and let live... meh.

11. paradigmsearch profile image59

Where is the original quote?

LEAVE US ALONE!

12. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

Why post on a religious forum to keep religion out? LOL... If someone doesnt like it... they have the choice to leave!

No offense but you are on a religious forum!!

libby101a,

That's right Libby101a

13. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I could understand the OP if this was on another area! But come on! I believe each forum has it's own title for a purpose. Those who want to discuss religion and those who want to discredit it.

But they are designed for religious discussions! If you don't like them... then there are plenty of other areas to post and read!

It makes no logical sense to me to post this in a religious forum!

This is like going to a grocery store and asking why people are buying groceries!

14. marty1968 profile image61
    marty1968posted 13 years ago

Why would someone come on a religious forum and say take religion elsewhere. This makes about as much since as a store owner telling a customer to take his business elsewhere

1. libby101a profile image60
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You got me! doesn't make much sense to me!

I don't agree with some things... so I'm not in those areas posting! If I go to a satanist forum area and post "keep satanism off this forum"  I would be asking the impossible!

No offense again, but this is a crazy post!

15. marty1968 profile image61
    marty1968posted 13 years ago

thats like signing up on facebook and posting that you dont want any friends!!!!!!LOL

Or going to Ford and asking why there is so many Ford vehicles in the lot??? And telling them to keep the Fords out!

Just doesn't make much sense! But a lot of things don't make much sense! This is just another one in the bucket of "weird posts".

Live and let live! And find the forums that meet your criteria! Ummm... if you don't like religious posts....then maybe you should go to another area of your choice!

Love ya!!

16. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Hubpages is not a religious site - religion is just one of the topics that interest hubbers -   some hubbers, like me, are very tired of seeing so many, many religious posts (most are nonsense and ignorant and inane) in the forums - but that's not a problem for me - I'm staying away from the forums mostly now - its BORING!

I realize there are many, many forums... however each forum has title, does it not? Such as religion! why go to the obvious forum that you do not like and express your dislike and ask them to "leave you alone" if you came there?

If I don't like electricy then why would I go to a forum for electricians and ask them to shut up about electricity? That is just crazy talk!

There is so many different forums in this site! So it makes no sense to be in one you despise so much! Find something you like and go there!

If religion was the only place to post then I would understand... but there are too many other topics!

Too many topics within this forum to go to one you dislike!

17. paradigmsearch profile image59

I am back. Who cares. Close the thread.

18. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

it is also kind of strange how religionistas bring religion into other forums as well - they don't just hang out in the religion section to sell their religion and make claims about why theirs is the only TRUE one!  they come into any discussion at all and try to relate it to their religious teachings - so, don't tell me about "appropriate"  I'm tired of even reading all the religious titles in the "All Forums" section - where we can see what is currently happening - most of them are very repetitive and confrotational questions asked solely in order to get into arguements with non-believers or people who don't live by the same teachings.  More than boring, really, irritating, to put it mildly.

While that may be true for some, it is not for all! I don't go to any other forums and post anything about religion.  I talk about the subject at hand...not religion! I only discuss religion in the religion area!

Now I cant speak for others...that's just me.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)