jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Islam will rule Europe: Italian priest

1. pisean282311 profile image58
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

Christians in Europe must have more children or else the continent would become Islamised, said a Vatican official who predicted that Islam would "sooner rather than later conquer the majority in Europe".

Italian Father Piero Gheddo said the poor birth rate among Europeans coupled with waves of Muslim immigrants could lead to Europe getting dominated by Islam.

"The challenge must be taken seriously," Daily Telegraph quoted Father Gheddo of the Vatican's Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions as saying on Tuesday.

------------------------------------------------------------------

what are your views about this..is it islamophobic or actual concern and how do you think it would effect europe?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it's stoppable even if we wanted to now- but it isn't just muslims it's indians, pakistani's, chinese, eastern europeans. We do not have fear it but any one who has looked outside for the past 15 years has seen foreigners with 2/3/4 children while english white mothers have gone out to work to make ends meet and to raise their existing family's standards.
      But if this italian clergy man is correct my wife can't have any now, but i don't mind offering my services to do my bit for my country. Should I start another thread of whose on my hot list!!

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. profile image67
        paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What would you be doing; having another wife or more wives?

2. profile image67

That will prove that Islam spreads peacefully

ya right...smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Typical war mongering from a Kristian religionist.

Not to worry - eventually the European Muslims will become more educated and have to work to pay to send their children to University - and they will not be able to afford as many kids as they tend to have now. They will be indoctrinated into our "buy, buy, buy" culture.

This will result in the peaceful destruction of Islam, exactly the same as is happening to Kristianity.

My only hope is that the inevitable clash before this happens does not swallow us all. sad

4. profile image67

Islam is a religion; what it has to do with the ruling any territories? It convinces the hearts of the individuals with peaceful dialogue and rational arguments.

@paar islam is religion and so are others...what it has to do with ruling for that one would have to read history...

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Gag me with a spoon.
    "...must have more children or else the continent would become Islamised..."

That's just Einstein of him, don't you think?
    Yeah, because we need more children in the world who are indoctrinated, brain-washed and not really wanted, but only needed to "improve the odds" against another religion.

Ick. This is just morally and ethically wrong and sick.

Religion be damned. Start teaching kids to think outside the false ideas they have been told to believe. Start teaching them what ethics are, and how to improve their own lives.

i agree...

2. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ethics are part of the curriculum beginning at prep where my gkids go to school. smile Ethics about how to treat others, initially but eventually covering the whole baccalaureate spectrum.

This is good education.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like pre-religious indoctrination. Build up an army for the Pope

You cant be king if all your subjects die off!

3. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

Why would anyone be surprised ?  Why do you think the Vatican forbids birth control in the face of overwhelming reasons for it !  The only way any of these stone age religions, such as Christianity and Islam, increase is by indoctrinating kids, the weak and the plain stupid.  Would you be able to persuade any normal adult that there is a giant sky fairy who will do stuff for you if you kneel down and mumble their mumbo jumbo, although it has never, ever, happened for anyone, ever, anywhere yet.

working