jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

ground zero islamic center to have memorial for 9/11 victims!!!!!!!!

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

imam who is planning to have islamic center near ground zero has said that there is going to be memorial for 9/11 victims too in that...what are your views on this?

1. Deaconess profile image61
      Deaconessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with this?

I think it is a wonderful idea.

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No I am not suggesting that there is something wrong in this..personally i liked the idea...i just wanted to know what fellow hubbers think about it?

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

there are soo many stories today and tonight, this AM. I do not kknow what to make of this now.

Now that Preacher is saying he may still burn the book, insane times me thinks.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I find it touching. Then again I know quite a lot of Muslim people and know that they were hurt and upset by 9/11 the same as the non-Muslim world. It only seems somehow offensive if you think that all Muslims are extremists and hate the west. When you view them as no more offensive then Christians its not as big a deal.

agreed...

2. Deaconess profile image61

Absolutely, we must understand and accept that Islam is not the enemy... extremism, in all religions, including that of Christianity, is the enemy.

3. Deaconess profile image61
    Deaconessposted 6 years ago

The last I read about the cultural center, is that they are considering making the prayer section an interfaith one. I really hope they do this, because a lot of people forget that Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same God... and it would be wonderful for there to be a house of prayer dedicated to God, instead of to a religious group.

that would be interesting thing to do...

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

would be the just and correct thing to do. I just cant help but have this sinking feeling about all this, I just......well

1. Deaconess profile image61

I have a sinking feeling about it as well, not because I am against the cultural center, but because of all the fear mongering going on.

2. pisean282311 profile image59

hmmm..i understand...

4. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

They should build a cultural centre for the right wing republicans that would be an eye opener.

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
      Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I forgot to add

it would be an empty building too.

2. pisean282311 profile image59

smile

working