10,000 Years After People

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (56 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

I don't have a religion, but I am a pantheist. The reason I chose pantheism is because it isn't a religion, although you can make it one if you wish. Pantheists can even be Christian.

I look around me and see nature as the only power. Everything we are, everything we build, everything we destroy, comes from the power of nature. Without nature, we would be nothing.

I would like you to watch this video of what the earth would be like 10,000 years without people. The earth can only heal itself after we are gone. Sad, sad, sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtHICMm … re=related

1. qwark profile image62
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amie: I've seen this.
      This, of course won't happen, unless neutron bombs are dropped by the thousands...but that would kill all life.
      There will come a time when we humans will disappear. That's a fact.
      Prior to that, man will radically reduce his numbers, but our species will not end. It will mutate into a differing form of human life.
      We have as a species, survived incredible hardship and our evolution was extremely difficult.
      We will inhabit this earth until the sun decides who's boss and eliminates all life on the planet and eventually the planet itself.
      Wonderful movie tho, but unrealistic.
      Qwark

1. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Humans are a relatively new species on this planet, so who knows how long we will survive.  We have quite a lot of time to put in before we beat the dinosaurs, who were around for a couple of hundred million years.

Several things could wipe out the human race - natural disaster, asteroid, overpopulation, pandemic, etc, but I don't think it will happen in the near future.

I'd like to think that we are getting smart enough to cherish the natural world before we do destroy it all.

1. qwark profile image62

Hi Hypno: Man cannot destroy the "natural world." It will always exist until our sun destroys the planet.
          But man can now perform a deliberate, cataclysmic act that can destroy or alter all contemporary life on the earth.
          Overpopulation also increases ignorance, squalor and deprivation in geometric proportion. Along with that comes an increase in fanaticism and the desire for immortality in a life after life.
          There is not enuf time left in the short history of man to bring him together to work in concert for his survival. He is much too fragmented and immature.
          Man will survive the coming holocaust but he will be regressed to the stone age.

1. profile image0
            Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure that today's man could survive in the stone age. I'm really into self-sufficiency, so I might be able to survive for awhile without starving, but one of the wild animals, or some common illness that there will no longer be treatments for, may kill me.

Can you imagine what would happen if we were left on an earth with all these superbugs, and no treatments? We would either mutate, or die.  Most would die. Don't want to think about those who would mutate.

2. profile image0

I don't think we ARE going to get smart enough in time to save the planet. It won't happen in my time, but this planet is doomed unless the current controlling hierarchy is dethroned and the green faction takes over. Greed is killing all of us.

1. qwark profile image62

Amie: Take my word, the world will suvive. Man? He may or may not. If the "reduction" should take place, oh yes, man will mutate into human specimens we modern folks wouldn't recognize.
            Nature demands adaptation to survive and only the strong and able will.

1. Jerami profile image58
              Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What I think is gonna happen .....
                  Further increase in number of Earthquakes.,,, 
                  Large volcanic eruption causing.... 
                  several years of crop failures (world wide)... 
                  world wide economic  collapse....

Civil disorder in every city on earth. 
                  Attempted take over of Israel   
                  probable nuclear destruction.

Due to earthquakes, final shift of plate tectonics that caused the earth to shifts on its axis.   

New North pole  ...   New earth ...

I can see this as being that which is described in Prophecy.

And the religious conflicts has little or nothing to do with these occurrences.   

Prophesy doesn't cause it to happen.
                Faith nor non faith doesn't cause it to happen.
                Prophesy is given so that those that believe can be forewarned and not feel forsaken.

In the times to come those that kill in an effort to save their life are in danger of loosing eternal life.
                 They that kill me in an effort to save their life will be sending me to my eternal life.

And even if that is not correct ??   My suffering will have been shortened by a few weeks or a few years.

And even if my hope is in a false promise?  (It isn't) 
              It is all I have and am going to hang onto it to my last breath. 

Shame on anyone that would want to take that away from me.
              What would they have to gain by doing so.

1. profile image0

I honestly believe the 2012 prophecy. I hope it's wrong, but I believe it, because it's based on scientific observation, not some dreamed up version of events.

1. Jerami profile image58

I find the 2012 thing interesting cause I think that prophesy points to a time period between 2007 and 208.

This wide of a time span due to the fact that the actual year of the crucifixion being uncertain.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
                    Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gee, you'd think the bible authors could have at least gotten this date correct!  Must not have seemed too important to them! LOL!

3. earnestshub profile image82
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would like to think that the lag is normal. We already know most of what is needed to preserve life here, now ethics have to catch up.
          History shows that stone aged thinkers are still with us and retard the process as much as they can while dreaming of the end time instead of living life which is too fearful for them.

"The end of times" to these doomsdayers is their chance, possibly their only hope of saying "See I was right! We are all gonna die a horrible death at the hands of MY god just like I SAID!".

Pitiful.

1. profile image0

Tell me about it.

2. profile image0

See, this is what I mean. You don't know what's going to happen. You don't know how long it will take to happen. An asteroid may appear out of nowhere and destroy the earth tomorrow. The sun may cease to shine. Some insect may kill the rainforest, and we may all die of lack of oxygen.

We are just a little tiny speck on a huge planet in a ginormous universe. We are really irrelevant to the survival of this planet, in fact, we are detrimental to it, and it may decide to turn on us.

We are running out of room, out of air, and out of arable land. Something will have to happen eventually.

Or, if there actually is a controlling force out there who put us here, they may decide this experiment has gone completely wrong and destroy us themselves.

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nature will take care of itself regardless of what we do.  It will destroy and heal, ignoring what we or any other specie does.  Time is irrelevant to nature.  Nature is inexorable!

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disagree that a Pantheist can be a Christian at the same time.
      And...the earth will someday be destroyed by God.  He created mankind to live on it, and after mankind is gone, there would be no need for an earth, unless of course God wanted to create one.

2. learner.brown profile image57
    learner.brownposted 13 years ago

Thought provoking documentary. I hadn't seen it. Thank you for sharing.

As far as how we would all disappear, I don't think overpopulation can destroy humanity, but will force us to be better about how we use our resources. Currently, there are enough resources for all, but people over farm, or use unsustainable farming practices, pollute clean water, or waste it. Babies are not the problem. Irresponsible adults are the problem. Of course, it is such a pandemic that people think it is normal.

Yes, this movie presents an unrealistic view of all people disappearing as though there were a universal rapture. But it still had a lot of interesting points to ponder.

1. qwark profile image62

Learner:
      "I don't think overpopulation can destroy humanity, but will force us to be better about how we use our resources."
      1% of the human population is in control.
      The remainder of humanity is just trying to survive and is so fragmented by religious ignorance, hate, hunger, deprivation and greed that it will never be able to come together with the hope of better utilizing resources. That is but an idealistic dream. There will be a mass reduction in human population. How that will happen? One can only guess. Necessity is the mother of invention...we will invent a way to reduce our numbers out of necessity. There is no doubt of that.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Another possibility is that human knowledge and technology is on the improve; human race with the grace of the Creator-God Allah YHWH, may disover or invent or develop new soruces hitherto unknown.

Thanks

1. profile image0

I don't believe in a creator, so that's not what I think will happen. I have no idea how the earth came to be, but however it came about, it will return to that when our species is gone.

Our very destruction of nature may be our own destruction.

1. qwark profile image62

Correct Amie...:-)

2. profile image50

then why should you be worried about future; any brilliant reason

1. profile image0

I don't have brilliant reasons for anything, because I'm not brilliant. I'm not worried about the future, I'm simply saying we are destroying any future we may have out of greed.

2. learner.brown profile image57
        learner.brownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

qwark, A reduction in population may very well be what happens, but it is not the only option. It will probably happen because we will have destroyed so many resources that we depend on. They will grow back, and we will survive, in some way or another, but it is not the only option. There is still time to change things, and that 1% in control may at some point feel that it is in their best interest to do so. We'll see, or maybe we won't.

1. qwark profile image62

Learner: Nice thoughts but you are a "dreamer" and I say that respectfully.
          Nice chatting.....:-)

2. alternate poet profile image67
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But the intention of that 1% is to be all that is left, it is the logical consequence of their outlook.

3. profile image0

If the 2012 prophecy comes true, we may not see. If it doesn't, maybe we will.  Something is going to have to convince them that it is in their best interest to save the planet. I don't see that happening. They only care about themselves.

2. profile image0

BUT population is important.  Florida is already looking to building plants to use saltwater as drinking water, because their groundwater is not sufficient for their population.  China has acknowledged that it is overpopulated, and instituted the one family-one child rule, which has since been modified, but still.  There is only so much arable land, and so much water and so much air. If we get to a population so large that the rainforests are destroyed completely for farming and development, we will all die...period.  The earth can only support so many people. We are running out of resources already, because they cannot replenish themselves as fast as we use them. Look at the oceans. So many endangered species because of overfishing, overkilling.  Yes, population does matter.

3. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

The human species has already faced near extinction several times in the past!  Perhaps only a dozen individuals were left alive after some major destruction or disease wiped out the population.  This according to scientists studying our genetic history.

Not as unlikely as you might think!

1. earnestshub profile image82

Goddunnit!
      G'Day Randy! smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

G'Day, Earnest!  Yep, god keeps starting over for some reason!  I suppose there was always a Baptist who survived the near-extinction!

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

And I bet ya a nickel that there is papers  boxed away in the Vatican that could shed some light on these issues.

1. alternate poet profile image67

I bet they have locked away everything they need to prove that it is just a giant fraud - but they would be crazy to let that out of the bag as the whole structure would be out of a job.  Maybe this is where any truth in the 2012 prophesy - maybe the truth comes out and the whole christian myth explodes and all that wasted thinking could turn to consider humanity as an ongoing species needing improviemnt after 2000 years of being led up the garden path.  An apocalypse for the idea and its followers, the end of all the division and hate that it causes - then maybe we could envision the thousand years of peace the myth promises.

Well said. Educate the religionists I say. smile

2. Jerami profile image58

These are two options. Either would be an improvement over what we have.
           Personally I like my option  better  (of course).

Maybe ? ? ?  The stuff that is in there might prove that the second coming of Christ did in fact occur when he said that it would.  But  the religious leaders liked their positions and didn't want to turn loose of them. 

Make a few alterations and keep the ball rolling.

5. marty1968 profile image60
    marty1968posted 13 years ago

Woe be unto the inhabitants of the earth who say there is no God!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

Believe what you want, but keep your proseletyzing off my thread.

6. marty1968 profile image60

Dont take that statement to lightly. I feel sorry for all of you

7. marty1968 profile image60

if you will read the first chapter of the first book of the bible(Genesis for those of you who have no clue as to what I am talking about) you will see that God is the creator of nature and everything in it.

I think everyone has more than a clue - if you wan to live your life by the supposed words of a being that was created by ancient shamans to control you - then that is up to you.  Those of who do have a clue would prefer you did not indoctrinate your kids to follow the nonsense so that we could get on with real life.

1. marty1968 profile image60
        marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indoctrinate? I have taught my children the values of life. They are firm believers in God. Simply because thats how they were raised. By the Real Truth. I dont claim to be perfect by no means but I stand firm on my beleif that Jesus Christ came into the world to sve the world by offering Himsel as the Supreme sacrifice so that all who BELIEVE can have life. The life that you choose chooses your destiny.
        Matthew 7:13-14
        Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the way and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few that find it.
        You have chosen to believe the way you believe because that is comfortable for you. According to this particular scripture, its easy to get on a path of destruction because you have no obligations. But the few that do find the way to life, chose this path because it leads to everlasting life'

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. That whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

You see? We are all dead in sin but through the love of Christ we can be free from that sin. Jesus said that "He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live". He spoke these words just before He raised Lazarus from the dead. At some point in our lives we are all like Lazarus. We too are entombed by sin. But If you will heed that little voice inside your head which i can assure you is the Voice of God, You can be free and start on that path that only a few shall find.

This is really your answer to that point - you have to be kidding me that you cannot see what you have said !!

I am sure the rest of the random lines that you copied from your book make sense to you.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That pretty much is the essence of indoctrination. smile

8. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Perhaps stupidity created god and everything in it.

Maybe this 'off the cuff' comment is not so far from the truth.  I am beginning to realise that those who are stuck on religion are unable to see the depth of any situation and so ascribe everyday events to their god, they have no width of view and so try to eliminate anything outside of their own narrow view, they have no ability to think at higher levels.

As someone sais "do not argue with an idiot - he will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience".

1. profile image0

People "addicted" to religion are just like any other addicts. They are in denial of the truth. They are too weak to handle the truth, or to account for their own behavior, thus they have to have "God" and "Jesus" to lean on, to promise them that they will be "saved" from their own stupidity.

Sad, really. I don't tolerate fools well.

1. profile image50

I think there is another aspect to it also; people addicted to"Atheism Agnosticism" are also just like any other addicts.They are in denial of the truth. They are too weak to handle the truth, or to account for their own behavior; after all they are also human beings apt to err.

This is just my opinion; one can differ with me of course.

9. marty1968 profile image60

pylos, I feel sorry for you. All I can say is that I will pray that God will somehow remove the blinders that have been pulled over your eyes And I say that with all the love that HE has given me to give to others

Condescending bull dust! smile

1. Ipeoney profile image70
        Ipeoneyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

10,000 years? from now? I wonder what is the world be in 10,000 years. I know we have Ipod, Ipad, although I don't have it, and cars and trains are supposed to fly in the near future. Internet is all over the place. People now are bringing online to offline in order to make a buck, and vice Versa. It should be only bring offline to online, but now it's becoming the opposite. sorry just my opinion.

2. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please Marty, stow your sorrow for those in the religious community who may be more worthy of it than I.

10. Elizabeth2010 profile image59
    Elizabeth2010posted 13 years ago

Even atheist use faith. Faith is “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen”. You put faith in the fact that you believe God doesn't exist! Believers put faith in the fact that he does exist! Either way, you are using faith!

“by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them” (Rom. 1:18-19)

His unseen attributes, his glorious power and divinity, have been clearly perceived, since creation of the world, in the things that have been made by his own hands. So they are without excuse. They knew god, however they did not honor God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools.

Atheism is based on pure faith as well and his faith is in science or himself. He believes by faith that science or self are trustworthy places for his confidence, and finds basis for this in the evidences that he can understand. He believes in his own words. The Holy Bible confronts this tenuous belief system, “If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater” (1 John 5:9). God’s testimony is found in Jesus, an indisputable historical figure. As C. S. Lewis summarized, Jesus was one of three things. Either he was a 1) subversive liar, 2) or a raving lunatic, or 3) He was actually who He claimed to be--the Son of God. Which one was he? The passage cited above goes on to say, “Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son” (1 John 5:10).

The atheist finds himself in the difficult position of denying all of those things that speak to God’s existence and the validity of faith in God. He rejects God. He rejects the creation of the world by God. He rejects Christ. He rejects the Word. He suppresses the inner testimony that he has concerning the reality of God. All that he is left with his a feeble self-confidence. This is the atheist’s confidence.

It takes years for atheist to come to their conclusion that God doesn not exist! Why? Because it takes a lot of suppressing of truth and riddng ones self of God is difficult!

11. qwark profile image62
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

pylos has been from hell an back..he knows, first hand the pain and sufferting the loving god of monotheists has in store for those he says he loves but must toss into the fiery cauldrons of hell...as he whispers into each sinners ear
    i love you my son" as he tosses them lovingly into the firey pits of  hell to burn forever. damn what a dad!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)