Who was the first Muslim?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (82 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Religulousposted 13 years ago

I was just reading that the Koran refers to Abraham as being the first Muslim. Is that correct?

1. J.R. Smith profile image57
      J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes. Abraham was the father of the jews,muslims, and the christians.

1. profile image57
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sara was not having children so she gave Abraham her maid for Abraham to have a child with, the maid bore Ishmeal(not spelled right, but not going to the Bible to get it right) the maid and her son had to leave, and if not mistaken his desendents would be muslim

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78
        DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to disagree somewhat here...Abraham is the Father of the Jewish and Muslim Linages. Christianity is more for the Gentiles(non-Israel peoples). Although Christian, Muslim and Jewish religions are refered to as the Abrahamic religions. Funny how Adam was the "first" Man and talked personally with God everyday in the cool of the evening and yet we have no teachings from him or from his direct offspring included in modern religions.

2. profile image52
      Rare Pearlsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

<snipped link>
      chat islam by Yusuf Estes, for those who seek True Knowlege , you are requested to put up yr queiries at this site.
      hope you will b replied in precisely & accurately.
      peace

3. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Um, no.  It isn't.  In all actuality, scholars now believe that Abraham was a religious follower of the first monotheistic religion known as Zorastrianism.  Which happens to be the mother religion of Judaism, Christianity, and Muslim.

1. profile image0
        Religulousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If those scholars could perhaps answer the actual question posed in the first post it would be good.

4. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quran does not mention specifically Abraham being the first one who submitted to Allah- the Creator God; it is general and open. Adam or any other person before him, since the time humans existed, who submitted to Him could be:

[2:113] Nay, whoever submits himself completely to Allah, and is the doer of good, shall have his reward with his Lord. No fear shall come upon such, neither shall they grieve.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=112

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Prophet Abraham, Peace be upon him, was of the Righteous, in the Progeny of  Adam ... and Adam is our Common ancestor ... father of all humankind ... the First, Human, a Prophet of God, and the first  Muslim ...

The Arabic Noun, Islam, means, Peace ... Its Practice, Is, The Ordained Way, for Peaceful Human Existence.

Being the First ... Adam, is the First Prophet of God and the First Muslim, in his Progeny are Prophets, Noah, and his descendant, Abraham, and in his progeny,. are Imran, and his children ... all were Followers of The Word of God ... hence, Muslims ... Peace be upon them all ... But for short whiles.

But their children, and followers, went totally errant, rejected The Word of God, ridiculed the Followers, and unjustly murdered the Prophets of God ... These mischievous ones, were Rejected for ever ... and shall thus remain Vagrants, till the Judgment Day.

Al' Quran States ... quote

" Verily Allah chose Adam, and Noah, and their descendant, Abraham, and his descendents, Imran ... above the nations ... Offspring, one of the other... Allah is The Best of Hearers and Knowers."
      [Chapter 3, verses 33 and 34]
      Unquote.

Adam, abhorred Cain's erring, murdering Abel ...  For Adam was Penitent, and Followed a Peaceful Way of life ... he was the first Muslim.

1. profile image58
        xakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

agreee

6. firdousi0 profile image67
      firdousi0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was Adam, the first Muslim. Muslims are the followers of Islam, which believes in Unity of God and From Adam to Muhammad, all Prophets' believe was in One God. So it was Adam who was the first Muslim on Earth.

7. Abhaque Supanjang profile image71
      Abhaque Supanjangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This question is quite ambiguous. Since it was the one which was created for the first time by Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala was the first Muslim in this world. It was not Nabiyullah Adam 'Alaihis Salam but, it can be Jibril - the Greatest Angel among the whole Angels, because Angels had been created by Allah before other creatures. Some stories that I have got said, it was the soul of Rasullaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam (Muhammad) was  the first creature created by Allah - which automatically was the first Muslim in the world.

2. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Abraham was the first Muslim? lol

Islam didn't even exist in Abraham's time, how can he be the first Muslim? That's silly.

1. J.R. Smith profile image57
      J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Islam didn't exist yet. Abraham is widely known as the father of many religions . this is accepted by the bible,the torah as well as the koran. In the Bible, this is merely an exercise of the Abrahamic Covenant, God's promise to Abraham. Even Muslims believe this.

1. Flightkeeper profile image65
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand that Muslims consider Abraham the father of three religions but to consider Abraham as the first Muslim is entirely different and impossible because it doesn't make sense chronologically.  So no, Abraham is not the first Muslim.

2. profile image0
      Religulousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I should reiterate. I'm not saying that Abraham is the first Muslim, I just want to clarify whether or not the Koran makes such a reference.

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The term "Muslim" started after the advent of Muhammad; those who among other things belived Muhammad as a truthful Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God Allah YHWH are called Muslims. The word "Muslim" however existed in Arabic before the advent of Muhammad and meant one who submits to the Truth and is peaceful; in this sense Abraham and other Messengers Prophets including Moses and Jesus are Muslims.

I think it helps

3. Morson profile image61
      Morsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Islam was there at the time of Adam. All prophets of God were Muslims and Muhammad (PBUH) was last Prophet of God which had the same message of worshiping ONLY ONE TRUE GOD.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ummmm, no it wasn't.  Sorry, but you've been told incorrectly.  The archeology supports the fact that the first monotheistic religion was Zorastrianism.  Which origins can be traced to Iran.  Islam didn't come into the picture until much later in life.  Much, much, much later.

3. J.R. Smith profile image57
    J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

Maybe the koran,torah and bible are wrong, and you are right.

4. profile image52
    jasdirposted 13 years ago

True Muslim (Mohammedan)
    He is a true Muslim who does not harass the humble and the meek. It is written in the Commandments of Prophet that he is not a Muslim who frightens his neighbour, whether the neighbour is a believer (Momin) or un-believer (Kafar). He who persecutes his neighbour goes straight to hell even though he may offer prayer (Namaz) throughout the night and keep fast for the whole day.
    He is a Mohammedan who preserves the honour of soul
    and obeys the Lord's instructions.
    He who provides comfort to all,
    know him to be a true Muslim.
    Dadu ! A Muslim is always compassionate to others.
    He provides comfort, pleasures to all and gives trouble to none.
    He does not eat the dead nor kills those who are alive.
    He practises devotion and paves the way for meeting the Lord.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep! the quoran is full of luv! Just like the bible.

Qur’an 3:56 “As for those disbelieving infidels, I will punish them with a terrible agony in this world and the next. They have no one to help or save them.”

Qur’an 4.89 They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

What a nasty vicious religion! lol

1. profile image52
        Rare Pearlsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Respected commenter
           for the sake f your knwledge & for those who agree with you, You are advised to read d Background & details of the chapters you mentioned to label A way of life..That is if you are interested in Knowing The Truth.

or else World doesn't lack ignorant mockers.
        Leave you in Peace!

5. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

according to muslims , first muslim was adam..but it is matter of faith...

6. J.R. Smith profile image57

Adam? I guess He would be the first anything,I suppose. The first Mormon.

1. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

according to muslims..jesus christ was  muslim too and christianity hijacked christ and made new religion out of it...

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
        jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why hijacked [ MOHAMED is after JESUS ]
        Muslims are praying to God
        Christians  are pray ing to  the same God . But through JESUS . Every prayer in christianity ended with  -In the name of jesus we pray ...AMEN
        Because JESUS  only gave the instruction on HOW TO PRAY. And told us to ask in the name of JESUS .

All are  one religion [i.e GODS ] in MOTHERS WOMB  and after death.
        We named many In bettwen that gap [i.e our life period ] .

well muslims believe that christianity is not a complete religion and Islam is true religion...quran is right book and bible is manipulated book...

Muslims belive MOHAMED  is after JESUS .And MOHAMED got message from god.
            Every muslims belive JESUS and  his mother.
            In QURAN we can find advice for how to lead life and scientific solutions.
            Till date iam not beliving 100 % about the spritual books statements.Iam gathering .

you are 100% right..jesus is believed to be prophet who came before muhammad...that is whole point...it is muhammad preceded by jesus preceded by moses till abraham..and there are total 1,24,000 prophets..it is lineage of one true religion and that is Islam..rest are corrupted ones..this is what muslims believe...

@paar correct me if I am wrong...

Not at all . Not all muslims.

may be you met  muslims and they dont but general feeling is like that..you may ask any islamic scholar about that..secondly why need quran if they think bible is perfect...they dont think so...they believe in christ and second coming...yes they do that..

Directions are more. We have to choose .Devil got permission from GOD to confuse and tempt all .He will disapper if we steady.After JESUS only we got the helping channel from GOD . How to tune . Most of us failed in this case .That is why we are discusing & arguing  for to get the knowledge to tune the channel. GOD is helping .Peoples are getting .
                    All muslims are not muslim.
                    All christians are not christian.
                    All Hindus are not Hindu ...........and so on.
                    My strong belive is NO PARTICULER RELIGION PEOPLE CAN KNOW AND GET GOD.

QURAN also allowed this type of knowledge sharing & arguing for to wash away our ignorence. IFWE SEARCH WE CAN FIND OUT.

7. J.R. Smith profile image57

Jesus was clearly Jewish. Christianity was developed for Gentiles who couldn't change their bloodline.

1. StevenPayne profile image60
      StevenPayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christianity wasnt developed for Gentiles who couldnt change their bloodline. Gentiles could become Jews through cetian steps, there were rituals for such things. Christianity came about because people, Jews alike Saul of Tarsus for one, stood on the hope and belief that Jesus was the Messiah that came and freed them from the law. Under Christ is a New Covnant with the people. There is no law only Christ. One who tires to save himself with the law now does so in futility. One who tries to save himself through belief in Christ and following the law is pretty much saying Christ isnt who he said he was. The law became abolished through Christ, he is the fullfilment of the law.

8. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

I'm not going to read all the responses in order to shape my answer...

However, it is my understanding that Muslims see themselves as following more closely to the traditions of Abraham than Christians or Jews, though they are all intrinsically related.

On another note, Abraham was a polygamist....he had wives and concubines...and many children in and out of wedlock that he disowned and left no inheritance to....  He is the first father of bastards...of fatherless children...of single-parent families...

1. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

mikelong ,
      yes Mohammed could remember the OT better , so Mohammed took from the OT and made it part of the Quran. I wish to know as Mohammed could not read or write, how could Mohammed make sure the scribes did write down what Mohammed said 'as the true word of God' I cannot work out how Mommad knew it was his own  true words?????

9. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Fred. The first muslin was called Fred.

It was back in the days when Premier Nasi Goreng ruled China and put up that huge fence to keep out the rabbits. smile

1. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

good on you earnestshup, god old NT logic love it.

10. OmNaser profile image59
    OmNaserposted 13 years ago

Abraham is the first muslim. He believed in Allah and worshipped only Allah. He refused to worship the sculptures that his father used to make from stone.

1. libby101a profile image59
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Muslims came with Muhammad! Abraham worshipped only God...not Allah! Allah was the moon god...the supreme false god of all the other false gods... Muhammad had a plan to turn everyone to serve the one false god...and it worked! He tried to incorporate Jews and Christians, but got angry a ways through and turned on them...thus you see why he changes his views on Jews and Christians.... at first he said nice things and peaceful things...then he got angry and changed to "kill them and lay in wait for them"... 

Look at Islamic flags and Mosques... you see the crescent moon... it's the symbol of the same moon god. I've did extensive research on it...

1. OmNaser profile image59
        OmNaserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Allah is not a moon . Allah is God. The same God who sent Jesus and Abraham. Thats what we believe. The cresent has nothing to do with God. The cresent is only a symbol . It wasn't Mohamad's plan.  Mohammad PUH was a prophet who was continuing spreading  Allah's message . The same message of Abraham and the other prophets . That God is one.

Sorry to tell u that but your research is false.. Using the cresent doesnt mean God is a moon.

2. Ahmad Usman profile image68
        Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

libby where it says  "kill them and lay in wait for them"...  ???

libby, eg which Islamic flag? Because there is no Islamic country in the world which has a Islamic flag. All Islamic countries are run under a democratic system and not the Sharia Law.

And have you also done extensive research on the God of the Bible, i.e Jesus.

1) How he beacame God or Son of God (In fact Sun God)?

2) Why Christians started using Solar Calendar instead of Lunar which Jews and Muslims follow?

3) Why the holiday of the Christians become "Sun-day"?

4) Why the birth day of Jesus is celebrated on 25th, even though there is no evidence of it in the Bible?

Let me share my extensive research with PROOFS, remember with PROOFS.

The divinity of Jesus was decided by a vote in the 4th century by Constantine, a Roman Emperor and a Sun worshiper. For almost 300 years Christianity had a rather small following. It was not until the Emperor Constantine adopted it as his personal religion that it spread out of the Mediterranean area and really caught on. Constantine converted to Christianity in 312 CE. He decided to use Christianity as a way of unifying his fragmented empire but before doing so he had to organize the religion its self. Using his powers to directly influence Christian doctrine, Constantine introduced and presided over the first ecumenical council at Nicea in 325 to settle ideological disputes in the Church. One of the disputes he settled was if Jesus was divine or not. The matter of Jesus had to be determined because Constantine decided to make Christianity the official state religion of Rome. He supported the deification of Jesus because he believed that it would be popular among his subjects whose current religions were led by contemporaneous god-men such as Mithras and Dionysus. Therefore, most of the Arian bishops were excluded from the council. At this council, Jesus was declared divine by a vote. All text contradicting this belief was burnt. Even theologians maintain that Jesus’ divinity, and the related doctrine of the trinity was not part of the teachings of Jesus and the apostles, but merely invented by the church centuries later.

For example, in a sermon given in August, 1964, at New York City, theologian James A. Pike declared, "The Trinity is not necessary. Our Lord never heard of it. The apostles knew nothing of it."

Victor Paul Wierwille, founder of "The Way International," claims in his book, Jesus Christ Is Not God, that the early church (to 330 A.D.) never believed in the Trinity or in Christ’s deity. In the entire Bible, one cannot find the word "trinity" anywhere. The only verse that hints at it is this:

I John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

And this verse is recognized as an interpolation, an added forgery, by reputable Bible scholars and apologists alike. I John 5:7 is not found in any ancient manuscripts prior to 500 CE.

One of the other things that Constantine changed was the Calendar. Muslims and Jews follow the lunar calendar, which is more accurate. Christians also used to follow the lunar calendar, but they switched to the solar calendar because it was instituted by the Emperor Constantine. Since he was a sun worshiper, he followed the "solar" calendar. He also decided to celebrate Jesus' birthday on the 25th of December although there is no evidence of that in the Bible. December 25th was the birthday of a pagan god but Constantine merged that into Christianity, so that it would be acceptable to his people, as they already celebrated that day. Constantine also made "Sunday" the holy day for Christians, again because he was a sun worshiper.

---> Current Bible prove Constantine put Jesus in the place of Mithra and now Christians pay him adoration originally paid to the PAGAN SUN-Gods!:

"I am the root and offspring of David, AND THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR." (Revelation 22:16)

It is crystal clear that the SUN is the "BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR".

HEY libby, do you want more Proofs, then reply, i have plenty of evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7bU7BH91C0

11. Ahmad Usman profile image68
    Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years ago

"Allah chose Adam, Nooh (Noah), the family of Ibrahim (Abraham) and the family of Imran above the Alameen (mankind and jinns). (Quran 3:33)

Islam is not only a religion, it is a way of life. Islam does not trace itself back to a founder like other religions do. Muhammad (PBUH) is far from the founder of Islam. He finished Islam, he completed it. If any human is to be given the title of the founder of Islam, it should be Adam (PBUH). He was the first man and the first prophet sent to the world.

---> The meaning of the words 'Islam' & 'Muslim'. Islam is derived from Arabic word "Salema" means peace, purity, surrender, submission and obedience. Muslim means 'one who submits to the will of God'. According to this meaning, all the prophets starting from Adam (PBUH) to Muhammad (PBUH) were Muslims. The religion which Abraham (PBUH), David (PBUH), Moses (PBUH), Jesus (PBUH) preached was Islam. Muhammad (PBUH), the last prophet of God, only restored & enforced the message of 'submission to the will of God', preached by the earlier prophets. The word Christianity & Judaism doesn't even exist in your holy books. In fact, Christianity takes its appellation from the name of Jesus Christ and Judaism from the name of the tribe Judah, wherein it took its birth. The word 'Islam' enjoys the unique distinction of having no such association with any particular person or tribe. It is a universal religion & it is an attributive title, whosoever possesses this attributive, may he belong to any race, community, country, or clan, is a Muslim.

---> "Muslim" is not a new word that is found only in the Qur'an. "Muslim" is just the Arabic form. This word already existed in both Hebrew and Aramaic. It is derived from the root "S L M". The words "Salam" and "Islam" are also derived from this root. "Salam" means peace. The Aramaic equivalent of the Arabic word 'Muslim’ is "Mushlam".  It is derived from the root "SH L M". The words "Shalom" and "Shlama" are also derived from this root. "Shalom" means peace. Both Islam & Shlama means peace acquired by submission to the will of God.

---> Every prophet that came to this world stressed on the concept of One God, and told people to worship One God alone. Nothing is worthy of worship besides, or along with, that One True God.

The first commandment of the Jews is: "Thou shall not take any god except One God" [Deuteronomy 6:4].

Jesus is reported to have said: "The Lord God, the Lord is One." [Mark 12:29].

Similarly, God says in the Quran: "Your God is One God; there is no god but He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful." [Quran 2:163].

---> "Al-Islam" is Arabic. "Shlama" is Aramaic. The meaning is the same. In Arabic, the word "Al" is added before a word to make it definite. Similarly, in Aramaic, the alphabet "a" is added at the end of a word to make it definite. So, in Aramaic, "a" is added after Shlam to make it "Shlama," and in Arabic "Al" is added at the beginning to make it "Al-Islam." Both mean the same: To submit oneself to the Will of God.

Jesus said: “All of You who Submit your will to God, are my true Brothers and Sisters.” (Mark 3:31-35).

---> Jesus called God as ‘Alah’: Arabic word for God is “Allah” while Aramaic word for God is “Alah”. Since Jesus spoke Aramaic, he referred to the Lord with the name “Alah”. This word is spelled alap-lamad-heh (A L H), which are the exact correspondent letters to the Hebrew word for God found in Genesis, which is “Eloh”. “Elohim” is the plural form, but the “im” in Hebrew is used for respect, so “Elohim” does not indicate the plurality of God. So “Allah” is exactly the same as “Alah” and “Eloh”.

---> Prayer: In Arabic, prayer is called “Salah” while in Aramaic, it is called “Salee”. Both mean the same thing: ‘to pray’. Worshiping God has been one of the most basic teachings of all prophets. God says in the Qur'an: "Observe the Salah for it prohibits evil and vice." [Qur'an 29:45]

Let’s see what the Bible has to say about praying in Genesis 20:17:

Aramaic: Wa ‘salee’ Abraham qadam Allaha.
    Translation: And Abraham ‘prayed’ to God (Allah).

---> Greeting: Jesus greeted in the same manner as Muslims do. He greeted saying 'Shalom alay kum' (Luke; 24:36). The Islamic greeting in Arabic is "Asalamu alay kum." The meaning of both these greetings is “Peace be on you.” Shalom means peace, just as in Arabic, Salam means peace. The manner in which Jesus greeted and in which Muslims greet is the same, again indicating that all prophets followed the same religion, and the same way of life.

Those were they unto whom Allah bestowed His Grace from among the Prophets, of the offspring of Adam, and of those whom We carried (in the ship) with Nooh (Noah), and of the offspring of Ibrahim (Abraham) and Israel and from among those whom We guided and chose. When the Verses of the Most Beneficent (Allah) were recited unto them, they fell down prostrating and weeping. (Quran 19:58)

Of course Muhammad said in his Qu'ran to serve one God.. he was doing his best to get all religions to come to the supreme moon god... but the jews and Christians knew what he was doing! Everybody ask him to prove himself as a prophet and he could NOT... he even said he could not in the Qu'ran.. .yet in the Torah... which even the Qur'an says is the true word of God... every prophet called by God is followed by miracles to prove they are of the one and only true God...

I also agree... Jesus did say "Alah"... it was his language... but "Allah" was the moon god... go look at the history books... and "Allah" was the supreme moon god that Muhammad's dad worshipped too... and they prayed five times a day facing Meccah to the moon god... seems very similar to Islamic to me... Muhammad knew what he was doing... look at how many people he deceived! But he had help... that angel in the cave was not an angel.. it was satan.. he was very deceptive! This is why Muhammad foamed at the mouth after his "visits"... go read some more of the history.

1. Ahmad Usman profile image68

First of all, Quran is not the word of Muhammad (PBUH), its the word of God.

2ndly, where does Muhammad (PBUH) said in the Quran that he can't prove himself as a prophet?

3rd, I told you earlier that performing miracles is not an ultimate criteria to judge one's prophet-hood. Even Jesus (PBUH) performed miracles by the power of God, not by his own power. He was powerless without the help of God.

4th, Thanks libby for agreeing that he called God 'Alah'. I thought you would even reject this and laugh on me but thanks anyway.

Funny, after confessing that Jesus called God Alah but it is moon God, does that imply that Jesus was worshiping the moon God, Alah?

5th, we pray 5 times a day facing Makkah, but its only a direction, not that God is himself present there. He is above in the Heaven. Before Makkah, Muslims used to pray facing Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem. But verses revealed during the prayer and prophet (PBUH) changed his direction to Makkah.

6th, If the angel (Angel Gabriel), who with the permission of God, used to reveal the Quranic verses to Muhammad (PBUH) during 23 years in the cave of Hira, was Satan then why 113 chapters out of total 114 chapters of the Quran starts with:

"I take refuge of Allah from Satan the rejeted"

How can Satan ask a Muslim to take refuge from HIMSELF while reading HIS own book ??

In fact, its the Biblical God who is actually Satan, Bible says so...

Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

"Now again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and it incited David against them to say, "Go, number Israel and Judah." (2 Samuel 24:1)

"Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel." (1 Chronicles 21:1)

Now libby adress all these points one by one with proofs and don't beat around the bush.

In this verse 17:93, Muhammad makes an unequivocal admission that he had no miracles. It happened when the Arabs asked him to demonstrate for them one of a list of miracles they listed for him in this and the three preceding verses. His answer was clear and indisputable: I don’t have a miracle; I am only a human.

Verse 20:133

“They say: “Why does he not bring us a sign from his Lord?” Has not a Clear Sign come to them of all that was in the former Books of revelation?”

Verse 17:59

“And We refrain from sending the signs, only because the men of former generations treated them as false: We sent the she-camel to the Thamud to open their eyes, but they treated her wrongfully: We only send the Signs by way of terror.”

“They say: “Why does he not bring us a sign from his Lord?” Has not a Clear Sign come to them of all that was in the former Books of revelation?”

Verse 29:50

They say: “Why are not Signs sent down to him from his Lord?” Say: “The signs are indeed with Allah and I am indeed a clear Warner.”

Verse 6:37

“They say: “Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?” Say: “(Allah) hath certainly power to send down a sign: but most of them understand not”

Verse 13: 7.

“And the Unbelievers say: “Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?” But thou art truly a warner, and to every people a guide”

There's many more...but I think this gets the point... his people kept asking why he could perform no miracles and he kept saying he was simply a warrior!

Jesus taught that even satan can cast out demons.. .and that satan can come as an angel of light! Satan is very deceptive! So it makes perfect sense to me that he would say things to mislead someone!

Mathew 6:6,
          "But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you"

Mathew 6:9
          Jesus said to pray like this: Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name..."

LOL libby you are 100% right, you have made Muslims point MORE stronger. Muhammad (PBUH) was indeed a human and yes he clearly said that Miracles are with God and he is only a clear warner. This is EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACRLY what Jesus (PBUH) said in the Bible:

"Ye men of Israel hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know." (Acts 2:22)

"I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me". (John 5:30)

"…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."(Mathew 12:28)

"…I with the finger of God cast out devils…." (Luke 11:20)

libby, the message of Jesus (PBUH) for people who thinks like you, is very clear:

"Not everyone who says to me, ’Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ’Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, ’I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" (Matthew 7:21-23).

Wow---so now you agree God is his Father and he is his son!

I agree, not everyone will enter heaven who thinks they are doing right...

Why do you persist in trying to debunk someone elses religion? Is your religion that shallow that it must put down others?

Let me give you some advise: Worry about your own religion and stop quoting Biblical verses in a cowardly attempt to put down another's religon so it makes your own seem more logical! Let it stand on its own! Be peaceful and stop the nonsense! How about that?

Peace!

YES! God was his spiritual father, no doubt.

libby, I didn't debunk anyone's religion. it was you who started the discussion. I was discussing issues with skipper. It was you who jumped in.

Thanks for your advise. I don't need to worry about my religion, its the fastest growing religion in the world. I know its the TRUTH and if you want to discuss about my religion, you are MOST MOST welcome.

libby take my advise as a sister: Read the Quran with neutral and rational mind and i am sure it will help you a lot.

My next post will be from Deutronomy with irrefutable proofs about the mention of Muhammad (PBUH). So be prepared...

Yes I will be sure and hold my breath! It's funny how you must try and find the word "Muhammad" in the bible! I'm sorry but I have read the Bible many, many times and no where is the word Muhammad, neither in Enlgish, Hebrew, nor Arabic!

It was funny when you tried to push him into the Songs of Solomon, which everyone knows the entire songs are between lovers... and there are some who believe it is Jesus that it speaks of... read the entire thing and it's clear!

I've already read the Qu'ran many, many times as well! And I'm not impressed! I find it sad! I wont go any further with that, because I don't think God appreciates this nonsense! What does it help? Nobody is going to change your mind, and nobody is going to change my mind! So what's the point? Is it for your ego?

Its also VERY VERY funny that you Christians Boast that bible is the word of God and on the other hand you are confessing that Bible (Song of Solomon) is b/w LOVERS.

Does that mean its not the word of God?

12. profile image53
    Elisah1957posted 13 years ago

The Israelites and the Muslims are cousins. The line of  Esau and Jacob (brothers). From Jacob came the Israelites and Esau by marrying into the descendants of Abraham son Ishmael (the son of the African, Egyptian slave girl). Ishmael was the nation of Muslims and Esau married into that Nation,which is why the Jews and the Muslims have such similarities with eating habits, belief and prayer. We are cousins!

Ethiopian Messiah Jew

Yes! Prophet Abraham (PBUH) had 2 sons:

Ishmaeel (PBUH), the first born from Lady Hagar.

Issac (PBUH), the second born from Lady Sarah.

Arabs are the descendents of Ishmaeel and Jews are the descendents of Issac.

you mean to say entire arab descendant from one man?..

2. Neverletitgo profile image63
      Neverletitgoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Elisah
      Muslims and Jewish are not cousins but Arabs and Jewish are cousins. I don’t know where you got that Ismail was nation of Muslims. Nation of Muslims who the hell are they? Ethiopians are Africans and are not Jewish.

13. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

abhraham is first muslim?...somebody told me it was adam...

14. azimimpossible profile image60
    azimimpossibleposted 13 years ago

Prophet Adam was first Muslim.You don't need to put Muhammad before your name to prove yourself Muslim.Muslim is every person who believes in Allah and his prophets.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That makes no sense considering Islam did not originate until the seventh century. smile

1. azimimpossible profile image60
        azimimpossibleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Were you there in seventh century.LOL start using brain somewhere.

No, were you there when Adam was created?

And, are you saying that Muhammad did not create Islam in the seventh century? smile

It is there in quran in which you don't belive lol.smile
            And prophet Muhammad didn't create Islam.You should learn more about religions before commenting and then making fun of yours.

So, who ever heard of Islam before Muhammad? Is there a verse in the Quran that would support your claims?

LOL.Full quran supports these claims.Thats what i am explaining you.Read and correct your doubts first because you are here with blames and not with knowledge.smilesmilesmilesmile

In other words, you have no verses in the Quran to support your claims. Just say so, then. smile

Holding firmly onto this belief, Prophet Nuh (peace and blessings be upon him) said, as quoted in the Qur’an, (But if ye turn back, (consider): no reward have I asked of you: my reward is only due from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of those who submit to Allah's will (in Islam)) (Yunus 10: 72).

(When his Lord said to him, Be a Muslim, he said: I submit myself to the Lord of the Worlds. And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and (so did) Ya`qub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you (this) faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims) (Al-Baqarah 2: 131-32).

The enchanters in the story of Prophet Musa and the Pharaoh, likewise said, according to the Qur’an, (But thou dost wreak thy vengeance on us simply because we believed in the Signs of our Lord when they reached us. Our Lord, pour out on us patience and constancy, and take our souls unto Thee as Muslims (who bow to Thy will)) (Al-A`raf 7: 126).

Consider also what Prophet Sulaiman wrote to the Queen of Sheba (Bilqis) according to the Qur'an, starting his message to her in the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful: (Be ye not arrogant against me, but come to me in submission (to the true religion) [Muslims]) (An-Naml 27: 31)

Based on the above, Islam is the religion of all prophets; all of them called for what Islam calls for and declared belief in Islam. Thus, the message of Islam, which Almighty Allah sent with Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the seal of the religions, or, to be more precise, the messages of all previous prophets of Almighty Allah. It completes what was missing in these messages and rectifies the distortions, additions, and the like, that befell them. That is why Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “I have been sent (as a messenger from Almighty Allah) so that I perfect the noble ethics.”

So the message of Islam was revealed to confirm whatever Scripture was before it and to verify it, as Almighty Allah addresses Prophet Muhammad: (And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it, and a watcher over it) (Al-Ma’idah 5: 48).

2. azimimpossible profile image60

So the message of Islam was revealed to confirm whatever Scripture was before it and to verify it, as Almighty Allah addresses Prophet Muhammad: (And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it, and a watcher over it) (Al-Ma’idah 5: 48).

3. azimimpossible profile image60

“And recite to them the news of Nooh (Noah). When he said to his people: ‘O my people, if my stay (with you), and my reminding (you) of the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah is hard on you, then I put my trust in Allaah. So devise your plot, you and your partners, and let not your plot be in doubt for you. Then pass your sentence on me and give me no respite.

72. ‘But if you turn away (from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allaah), then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allaah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims (i.e. those who submit to Allaah’s Will)’”

[Yoonus 10:71-72]

And Allaah says of Ibraaheem (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who turns away from the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

131. When his Lord said to him, ‘Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!’ He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).’

132. And this (submission to Allaah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibraaheem (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya’qoob (Jacob) (saying), ‘O my sons! Allaah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam (as Muslims — Islamic Monotheism)’”

[al-Baqarah 2:130-132]

And He says of Moosa (interpretation of the meaning):

“And Moosa (Moses) said: ‘O my people! If you have believed in Allaah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims (those who submit to Allaah’s Will)’”

[Yoonus 10:84]

And He says of the Messiah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when I (Allaah) inspired Al‑Hawariyyoon (the disciples) [of ‘Eesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: ‘We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims’”

[al-Maa'idah 5:111]

And He says of the previous Prophets (interpretation of the meaning):

“…by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allaah’s Will …”

[al-Maa’idah 5:44]

And He tells us that Bilqeez said (interpretation of the meaning):

“My Lord! Verily, I have wronged myself, and I submit [in Islam, together with Sulaymaan (Solomon)] to Allaah, the Lord of the ‘Aalameen(mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Naml 27:44]

4. azimimpossible profile image60

Ibrahim was not a jew nor a christian but he was upright,a muslim,and he was not one of the polytheists)(aal 'imran 3:37)

the same religion has he established for you as that which he enhoined on nuh,that which we have sent by inspiration to thee and that which we enjoined on Ibrahim,Musa and Isa:namely,that ye should remain steadfast in religion,and make no division therein)

"and recite to them the new of nooh.when he said to his people.'o my people,,if my stay ,and my reminding(you) of the ayaats(proofs,evidences,verses,lessons,signs,revelations,etc)of allah is hard on you then i put my trust in allah.so devise your plit,you and your partners,and let not your plot be in doubt for you.Then pass your sentence on me and give me no respite.

72'But if you turn away(from accepting my doctrine of islamic monotheism,i.e. to worship none but allah),then no reward i asked of you,my reward is only from allah,and i have been copmmanded to be of muslims(i.e those who submit to allah's will)

[younus 10:71-72]

and allah says of ibraheem(interpretaion of meaning):
                    "and who ever turn away from the religion of ibraheen i.e islamic monothiesm except him who beffols himself?truely,we choose him in this world and verily,in the hereafter he will be among the righteious.

131.when his lordd said to him,'submit(i.e be a muslim) he said,'i have submitted my self to the lord of alameen(mankind jinn and alla that exists)'

132.and this submission to allah was enjoyed by ibraheem upon his sons and by yaqoob (jacob) saying,'o my sons!allah has chosen for you the (true)religion,then die not except in the faith of islam(as muslims-islamic monothiesm)"
                    [al-baqarah 2:130-132]

and he says of moosa (interpretation of meaning)
                    "and moosa (moses)said 'o my people!if you have believed in allah,then put your trust in him if you are muslims(those who submit to allah's will)"
                    [younus 10:84]

Ahd he says of the messiah(interpretation of the meaning)

"and when i (allah)inspired al-hawariyyon (the disciples)(of isa(jesus)to believe in me and my messanger,they said.'we believe .And bear witness that we are muslims"
                    {al-maa'idah 5:11]

15. Neverletitgo profile image63
    Neverletitgoposted 13 years ago

Whatever you call first Muslim or believer, was Adam father of mankind. In the Quran first Muslim is Prophet Mohammad, this is the proof: Say: "Verily, my Lord hath guided me to a way that is straight, - a religion of right, - the path (trod) by Abraham the true in Faith, and he (certainly) joined not gods with Allah." Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds: No partner hath He: this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who bow to His will.”(6:161-163)
    One of those verses states that Prophet Mohammad is following the path of Abraham and also the last verse states that he is the first Muslim. One of the meanings of Islam is submission to the God. Some people said in this forum that Abraham was father of Muslim, Jewish, and Christians, That is not right but he was father of Jewish and Arab.

16. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The term "Muslim" started after the advent of Muhammad; those who among other things belived Muhammad as a truthful Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God Allah YHWH are called Muslims. The word "Muslim" however existed in Arabic before the advent of Muhammad and meant one who submits to the Truth and is peaceful; in this sense Abraham and other Messengers Prophets including Moses and Jesus are Muslims.

17. upal19 profile image60
    upal19posted 13 years ago

What is the meaning of muslim? Muslims are those who surrender-surrender to the almighty god. So, every god loving people is muslim. All messengers including Adam are sent by god. So, all messengers including Adam are pure muslims.

muslim is surrendering to almighty god but rejecting quran are muslims?...it is surrendering god , accepting muhammad as final prophet and accepting quran as complete book containing word of god...that is what is called muslim...as per my knowledge

18. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Who was the first Muslim?

Do you mean first in status or first in time?

The former (first in status) is Muhammad; the Seal of the Prophets and Messengers.

The first in time who submitted to the Creator-God is Adam who first to have Converse with the Creator-God.

1. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  19. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

(A conversation between Mohamed and god)

Mohamed.

"God, how come you know everything and have such a wealth of empathy and understanding? Is it because you're omnipresent?"

God.

" No, I just go on hubpages and ask paasurrey."
    smile

I don't know about others here, but the megalomania is getting up my nose!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)