jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Can You Be A Christian And Use The Law Of Attraction

1. LSKing profile image86
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

The church that I go to rejects The Law Of Attraction. I feel like it can be beneficial to anyone's life ( Christians or not ). What are your thoughts?

1. rb11 profile image85
      rb11posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The term "Law of Attraction" is a vague statement. Basically a positive attitude begets a positive attitude. If something is in alignment with biblical principals (not church principals) then I can't see why this would be a problem.

You have negative people attracted to negative people, would this be considered a law of attraction?

2. 68
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is this Law of Attraction? Does it pertain to Physics like we have gravitation or it is something else? Define it and its basis.

Thanks

3. IntimatEvolution profile image82
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think I'd change churches.

4. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's pure nonsense.

Sellers don't attract sellers, they attract buyers... lazy dreamers don't attract lazy dreamers, they attract con artists... vulnerable people don't attract vulnerable people, they attract those who would take advantage of their vulnerability... the list goes on and on...

smile

1. sabrebIade profile image85
        sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To me the best Law of Attraction is positive thoughts + positive actions.
        I have not seen anything to indicate that just thinking will make it so.

2. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

If the 'Law of Attraction' is really a natural law, like gravity, then it will work whether you believe in it or not.  The Bible says, "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."  We are going to talk about and move towards the things we think and speak about.

1. 68

Where in this sentence is any law of attraction? Someone elaborate please.

paarsurrey...you have seriously not heard of the law of attraction?
        Do a Google search for "The Secret". Neville Goddard, Joseph Murphy, Wallace Wattles, William Walker Atkinson, Napoleon Hill, Louise Hay, Esther and Jerry Hicks, any of those should get you started and give you a pretty good idea.

1. 68

I Google and I get from Wikipedia:

"The Law of Attraction is not a scientific law. Critics note that it is unsupported by scientific evidence and violates scientific principles and understanding of the universe. [3] Instead, the Law may be explained as an illusion created by the connection between self-confidence and success or one's own perception, like the placebo effect."

If I now say it is a myth of a law; will it be correct to say so?

Thanks

3. LSKing profile image86
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

Joel Olsteen is a perfect example of how this can be applied. He truly teaches that God wants us to be happy despite our circumstances. The Law Of Attraction can be applied in oder to achieve this. He often says " Conceive and believe it "!

4. 68
    paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

It is only a myth of a law

I can't really argue with you there.
      To me "Law" means it works 100% of the time as in the "Law" of Gravity.
      I have never seen anyone claim 100% accuracy with the Law of Attraction.

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

What the heck is the law of atraction?
    Hey, don't give me a law on who I date! LOL

6. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Its not a bad thing.

7. SilentReed profile image89
    SilentReedposted 6 years ago

I am a non-christian. But if I see a pretty girl who is a christian and I am attracted to her, Can I say that "the law of attraction" works? wink

1. LSKing profile image86
      LSKingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

cute smile

working