jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Do you Believe in the Bible?

1. profile image60
    haj3396posted 6 years ago

Then why are you on the Theological Discussion hub?

2. Uzdawi profile image35
    Uzdawiposted 6 years ago

No!I´m here because I can´t stand religion, and the brainwash involved.

1. profile image60
      haj3396posted 6 years ago in reply to this

great comment!!!!!!!, what do you believe in?

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

and I don't understand the question, how does one believe in something written by men whom for the most part no one knows where they got their info from.  I will confess I know nothing of religion, but do know what I have seen it do to people.

sad.

So many religions each one right, only to fight.  hmmm

1. profile image60
        haj3396posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Will I believe I have a brain, by I have never look upon it one time. it's call faith. I done know how My brakes work but, every time I step on them I stop. All from man. You believe in your teacher, man or woman, and you done know if they are right are wrong.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...another good question....this should be on the political thread i think....

4. profile image0
    suarezelec2002posted 6 years ago

Only to the point of it's historical references and bit and pieces historically said to have been the life of Jesus. Much of it leans towards Judaism and the opinions of Jewish converts (NT) If you read what Jesus did, he made sure people were going to read that even his own Apostles were failures in "character" for they denied him after his arrest when he needed them most.

1. Jerami profile image76
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand where people get that concept.
        The disciples let him down???

Jesus knew they were coming!
        Jesus sent Judas out to tell them where he would be.

One Roman soldier lost an ear before Jesus said  "Quddit"
      Put your sword up.

What were they supposed to do ???

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
        stilljustwonderinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What were they supposed to do ???

You have asked the question before.  No one can answer it, because, they know they are being unreasonable.  They know there isn't anything the disciples could have done.  They were out numbered and only a few 
        ( wasn't it 2?) of them had a sword.   Jesus told him to put up his sword, then healed the soldiers ear.   If the disciples had prevented Jesus being taken, then prophecy wouldn't have been fulfilled.

1. sofs profile image86
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why do people wash, rinse and ask the same question over and over again..... just for some Hub attention .????.. I can see the question is not aimed at fair discussuion .... may be just vested interest!

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
            stilljustwonderinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea why people keep saying the disciples let him down.  It was prophecy.  Prophecy had to be fulfilled.  If they would compare the OT to the NT they would see.  Jeremi's question.  "What were they suppose to do?"
            That is a question, no one has answered.  Why?  They know the statement that"  the disciples let him down is a ridiculious statement.  Because there was nothing they could do.    That's like saying why didn't you punch that guy with the machine gun.

working