How did sin enter the world?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (88 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Wasn't the earth perfect once?

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NO!

But you can ask as many foolish questions as you like.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. profile image53
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Give me what you base your answer on?

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  But Eve, then Adam, sinned, and messed up our opportunity to live in a perfect world.   However, I'm sure none of us would've done any better!   So it goes.

I will add that sin entered the world via Satan initially, who was and is the epitiome of sin.   And he keeps offering the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to us daily.   Many, like Eve and Adam, reach out and take it too.

The bad part is that we have to go through the process of sin.
      The good part is that we have a Way of repentance which gives us access to the tree of Life eventually.

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, your words...
        The bad part is that we have to go through the process of sin.
        The good part is that we have a Way of repentance which gives us access to the tree of Life eventually.

ok... So now Adam and Eve committed the sin, they were told to not eat of the tree right? and they did anyway, right?  so now we all repent, and thus get to eat of the tree that an all knowing, "never changing" God said "no", we can not eat of it??????  Forget the Snake, he was added in the 1500AD Cannons much later!!!!!

but yet somewhere in here (the mix of all of this)  is the actual death of Jesus which supposedly forgave Man? Happened…right?

But now  by your words above, we can ignore that because we "have" to commit sin, and then we have to repent???? Your words above, right?

Soooo...Sin means we have to do it?..We can not think for ourselves, and decide not to????? we just “have” to...right? 

and after our sin we can “have” to have  repentance…your words!

Sooo... "now"- (In repentance)  we get to eat what is forbidden in the first place and (still is forbidden), that is if God  is, (in truth) as we describe him; is indeed an all knowing and never changing God!…, Right!

I have heard many times over, He is the same today as tomorrow as he was yesterday...right?

So...Then  if all we “have to do” our purpose is to sin then repent?  What did Jesus die for....?
        What and Why did Isaiah prophesize for?

Why would God grant you divine knowledge that is his alone and forbidden to humans with sin? Just because you repent???? Your still Human after the repentance?
        and how does that get mixed up with Human forgiveness, so a human can supposedly approach God?

Your Old Testament and New Testament are crashing miserably together here Girl....?

Study first, then Preach if you must, please    smile

1. profile image0

Maybe I should've said we DO all go through the process of sin, not that we "have to" as in a mandate or something!?
          I'm not sure exactly what you meant.
          But anyway, it's just a fact that we all DO sin.
          No, that wasn't our original purpose, and still is not God's purpose for us (to sin).  We were created for His pleasure, and it would please Him if we didn't sin.   But since no one (except Christ) was found worthy, we are hopelessly lost without Jesus's sacrifice.
          A couple of your questions are confusing....

Satan deceived Eve.  She ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil before she had a chance (or decided) to eat of the tree of Life.....

Why Adam and Eve didn't eat of the tree of Life first, I dunno!

...Only by accepting Christ through repentance and receiving His forgiveness are we counted worthy to approach God.

Yes, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!   Because Christ WAS the manifestation of God through which we are able to be saved.

Since Eve and Adam's sin, we are all subject to sin and punishment (punishment, again, were it not for the grace of our Lord).

...I think the stumbling block here is the Tree of Life.  People readily recall the other tree,  but once again leave out the Tree of Life, just as Adam and Eve did!

There was a literal tree of life in the Garden, I believe.
          Jesus is now the Tree of Life.  That's how I understand it.
          There is no "crashing together" of the Old Testament and the New.
          There is only confirmation and agreement among the two.

Tree, as I understood this was God like knowledge, and they were not supposed to gain that as there existence was for fellowship with God, not to be omniscient or equal to God. Meaning a separation between God and Human thought. God to the Higher plane of knowledge, human to the lower one.

Thus like you I ask also, Why did he put the tree there then?

Sin as I understood it, was defined as the ability to make God like decisions for yourself without the presence of God. The idea you should ask him or wait for him to tell you. He knows we do not ask, and have the propensity to go it alone. Thus we separate from him (The Original definition of sin I think , and I may be wrong ) was that I thought. 

I was looking at God as a spiritual being, not just knowledge. But I see your point here as well.

I thought of it as The tree symbolizing our knowledge of who God is exactly, and we do not have that  true vision or knowledge, but...we have faith of the vision. thus faith gets us there. From the heart as they say, not the head...

I think Adam destroyed that bond for us  when he willingly followed Eve. That’s why I jokingly say Eve was framed. Meaning she came from a Humans Rib, lead by the Hand of God to formation, so her Human side was strong and thus by her very creation had the propensity to think alone.

Adam I think was the worst of the two of them, he was actually created by Gods hands and was spoken into existence according to  the story, so to me; thus he had the knowledge not to follow, knowledge to hear Gods voice (so to speak) His God side would be stronger or should have been, but he did it anyway.

The story problem biased by a male view...lol

I do not think it was literally a tree. but a Hebrew way to parable or story telling as in teaching a lesson about it.

I think that’s why Isaiah spoke to Israel they way he did, to show them what he was allowed to see,  as truth coming. he was granted the Knowledge.

But I honestly do not think all of us will be even in re-pentance.. Thus the death was necessary.

Now if you are saying repentance as in re-canting and going to seek Jesus, yes, I do so agree. I can see your points. From the words I have read so far. That would be the meaning of entering through Jesus.

We had a big discussion in church the other day, The pastor said for all to buy prayer cloths to cover us with. Cover the Sin?????

My argument, besides the fact his Niece made them!  was that if we are with sin, the cloth does not hide us, because God sees us through the blood of Christ, so the cloth is un-necessary if we truly are repentant and seeking God. We are not to hide but come in full view.

He got a bit peeved at me!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way hope that clarify's it as to my view, but I see your meaning here as well.

1. profile image0

Prayer cloths?

Well, I'd have probably got that Pastor peeved at me too! haha

Your point reminds me of something...

Adam should have been Eve's "covering".  Not that Eve didn't have free will too, but Adam, as you said, was created by God first, etc.

Timothy says that Eve, being deceived, was "in the transgression"....seeming to say that she was the one who sinned.  Yet the Bible says that by one man's sin, sin entered the world.   

I've always had a question about that verse in Timothy....trying to resolve whether Timothy meant it's more sinful to be deceived,  or to follow along with one who is deceived.....
              or actually, if both are equally bad.

have also been trying to find out when the actual mention of the snake was written. I was thinking it was not in the original Torah, the first five books, but have been told by interpreters that it was.

not sure though.

both were bad but I can not help but think that if it was Eve only, then Adam would have had a different role, possibly interceding on her behalf or maybe not...lol

but...the story stands as told.

As for being deceived, he could have been, but I honestly think he should have not had the knowledge to be deceived, meaning God said it, so that’s it, no other consideration, that’s why I think he may have been worse. to me its Like Eve was used to seal the story of mans destiny as it was set in place.

it is all speculation here, but I wonder. The bad part of all of this is the cart-blanche a lot of cultures have taken and still do with it as women being the deceivers, or the lower of the two species of humans. its crap actually but it happens.

Arab culture does it today, women cover up so men can not be tempted, but it takes two!  They can not look at another man in some places, stuff like that!  Like they have sorcerer powers or something!

Some African and Mid Eastern Traditions also come from it.. Very oppressive to watch when you see it.

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Satan tricked Eve, (since she was a woman), and she made Adam go along, (since she was the only woman, he didnt want to be alone)

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..yes but then Eve got hungry or sumthin' like that....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AU1Hzx01NR0/TH4yjnivVXI/AAAAAAAABRM/hzGxKUFbUq8/s1600/madam+n+eve.jpg

Eve was framed!

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Sure, blame it all on Eve.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Was the world perfect? Yes, when no one lived on it. lol

1. profile image0
      Uma07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good one Ray! Guess all those non - human creatures had a great time big_smile

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

George Walker Bush was born in New Haven, Connecticut, on July 6, 1946, the first child of George H. W. Bush and Barbara Bush (née Pierce)

1. profile image0

hahaa
      Greek One, you are sooooo bad. wink

Very convenient too!
      Just 'cause you can't find out Obama's real birth date! tongue

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I found Obama's records, Brenda...
        but I can't trust the accuracy Saudi Arabia's archives

smile

1. profile image0

No kiddin'!  Quite a dilemma.

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

It all began the very moment that the first human being was born. When evolution broke away from the tree dwellers and became liberals.

funny, good one

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

lol

8. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Sin was invented by christians as a pocket guide for their behaviour.

9. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Haj wrote:  "How did sin enter the world?"

through some very mentally confused and fragmented persons???

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Religion. Nothing else. smile

1. nekros729 profile image60
      nekros729posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find there is a difference between "Religion" and following Jesus.Just like there is a difference between Christianity the religion and Christianity the relationship.

1. profile image0

Well said.

11. eilander1542011 profile image61
    eilander1542011posted 13 years ago

Sin entered the world via the Ego. That is to say the balance between Ego and Spirit was thrown out of balance by Ego and thus sin became existent and over the generations very prominent. Now we are stuck in the Egolicious world we live in today, and we struggle to sustain Spirit.

12. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

According to the christian church - when zero appeared as a counting number and so made higher mathematics possible - evil and sin could come into the world through the hole of the 0 - I kid you not !!  this argument raged at the highest levels for over 100 years.

1. profile image0

Yeah right.  Suuuuure.
      big_smile

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You doubt me ??   and you just the character to sit on THAT council of fools.  Go look it up, I don't post lies here.

1. profile image0

Actually, no, I don't think this foll.....er...I think you meant fool?......would have ever sat on that council.

But hey, I did find one article that referred to St. Augustine as referring to mathematics as being used for evil....

Perhaps you could point this enquiring mind to a more in-depth link?

P.S.
          When you said Christian Church", I assumed you meant the actual original followers of Christ, not St. Augustine or someone like that.

This is a well known and easily found piece of 600 year old news, I am sure you can find it yourself as it is just 'true' and not deceipt and lies.

1. profile image0

Hey, if it hasn't been in the local news in the last 30 years, I probably missed it. wink
              Anyway, thanks very much for the info.

Ok - don't you trouble yourself with the weird history of your weird beliefs now - just go and post up some more lies and deceipt somewhere.

13. earnestshub profile image80

Religion.

An act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will.

1. profile image0

What IS God's will, earnest?   According to you anyway.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No god Brenda. See the cartoon on the other hub for reference. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Brenda, it would be nice if you defined - "what is god?" before you try and determine what it's/his/her will actually might be.

As said many times before in these forums- "god" is a metaphor, which many Christians and other religious folk fail to realize. They continue to externalize "god" as something else of substance or real.

Jesus' teachings is metaphorical parables. The "god" reference is a metaphor for self master, you are in FULL control of your thoughts and actions. It might be nice if you started acting like it. hmm

1. profile image0

If you mean I have free will, yes I do.  Christians aren't puppets.  What we are is a group of willing vessels of His, willing to do His will to the best of our abilities.
          That does not negate the possibility of God being real.  So I don't understand your point there.

1. Cagsil profile image70

The point Brenda is one of common sense. Duh!

The work of Jesus, who you claim to follow is METAPHORICAL PARABLES...if you don't know what that means, then look it up.

When Jesus used the word "god" it was a metaphor for you to learn as self master. Master of one's own life.

Understand?

2. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chicken skatteer  !!!!

roll

2. alternate poet profile image67

Good morning Jerami - you got out of bed on the wrong side today big_smile big_smile big_smile

3. earnestshub profile image80

Religionists are easy to scatter. smile That is there natural condition. scattered. smile

1. Jerami profile image59

Hay earnest..  Hows it goin...

I gotta abmitt....  I'm a little double minded when it comes to scattering chickens.
              Sometimes with  chickens; when 3 or 4 sit gather,   don't hurt nothing to skatter um  ...
                 Caus ain't nuttin being said worth saying anyway.

But you are wrong there is a higher power that they are calling God.  And NO  You and Me ain't him. It aint in us.

Moma Said supper is getting cold ..

I'm gone   

back in a little bit....

That's what happens when a delusional person cannot distinguish be their own sense of life and external authorities. lol lol

that made sense ...   sure did  ????   
                    realy ?   ..... maybe ; 
                    are you sure ?   NO!!!

Am I sure that you cannot tell the difference between your own sense of life and what you consider a god(external authorities)?

Yep! I'm positive you don't know the difference. Your words make you guilty. lol

14. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Sin entered the world when a young little lady from way down south tempted innocent young boys like myself to 'get physical'

http://hellosundaymorning.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/olivia-newton-john.jpg

15. Alien invasion profile image57
    Alien invasionposted 13 years ago

According to the Quaran, Pandora (peace be upon her) opened a box and out jumped a flying Kangaroo that granted her three wishes. She wished for a sandwich, a Coke, and then a vague request for things to stop being so boring.

16. earnestshub profile image80

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons41/bibletales.jpg

17. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I like the 1600 years part.

I like all of it, although the 1600 year part is questionable. smile

I think that it became officially tainted about 1650 years ago.

18. earnestshub profile image80

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/saysitall.jpg

19. Danny Decay profile image65
    Danny Decayposted 13 years ago

Sin came into the world as a description for activities or feelings that threatened the well-being of the upper class. How do you institute order? Tell people they will be cruicified or stoned to death if they do not participate in your fear-fueled, oppressive religion. And if they don't take you serious, tell them they will live forever in a burning hole in the ground, that should do it.

20. earnestshub profile image80

Life is sacred? Who said so, God? Hey, if you read history you'll realize that God is one of the leading causes of death...has been for thousands of years. Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Jews, all taking turns killing each other because God told them it was a good idea.

George Carlin
    1937 - 2008

I have been attempting to imagine physical life on a physical planet of any limited size without HAVING to experience death.

The costs of eternal life under those conditions would be more than it would be worth.
        If people lived forever in this physical world;  People would complain about that just as much.
        People are basically complainers; Irregardless   
        God gives life and he/it takes it back.

No one can develop a better system than the one we have.

Deal with it.

Your god didn't give me life Jerami. It is your myth remember, not mine. smile

OK   Take God out of   your   story. 
             You couldn't design a better system than the one we began with. 
            It would have "many" flaws in it that you could not anticipate

You do not know that you cannot design a better system.

All our pieces fit together so well because they evolved together, from the same original materials wherever they were or came from.

21. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i'm back, what'd i miss...where's my apple?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and what happened to haj?

1. pylos26 profile image69
        pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this
  22. profile image0
    Rookie70posted 13 years ago

It's interesting how so many people who commented are so quick to attack the bible and Christians when the simple question was, "How did sin enter the world?" Nobody gave a specific answer to the question, except for 2 people. I believe the reason why the only answer Atheists can come up with when asked the question about "sin," is to immediately attack the bible and Christianity when all they were asked was the simple question, what is sin? how did it come into the world? 

The truth is, they have no answer. Therefore, in order to establish their credibility, they just resort to slanders, criticism, and blasphemous remarks. This proves that there is a God, and that Jesus is real, if he wasn't he wouldn't constantly be attacked. How can you attack something or someone who doesn't exist?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny, I thought the bible and Christianity did exist and that is the only place god and Jesus are real. wink

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This line of reasoning is just emotional regurge.  It is childish and lacks any depth. 

There is nothing that is gonna prove God and Jesus to be real but their appearance, and that is NEVER gonna happen.

It's not God that is being attacked.  It is your absurd concept of God.

23. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Right on, Rookie70.

24. Ruchira profile image72
    Ruchiraposted 13 years ago

A very good question and it sure made me think....

I feel that early on... man did plenty of things to survive on this planet and then gradually he became aware and started to distinguish between right and wrong. This made him define sin for all the wrong things he did.  Awareness is the key to the above question..

25. profile image0
    Rookie70posted 13 years ago

getitrite, reading your response reminds me of the story about Noah and the ark. I'm thinking that while Noah was building the ark and warning the people that there was gonna be a great flood that would destroy the earth, imagine the shame Noah felt while he was doing it. Almost the entire race mocked him, insulted him, called him every name under heaven they could think of. Imagine the shame Noah's family felt, especially during the moments they were helping Noah build the ark while Noah was preaching to the people. However, to make it short, that is the same type of persecution (light persecution) that Christians are suffering today. Non-believers continue to mock us, our Christian leaders who are God's chosen, they mock the bible, call it a book of fiction. The only difference between Noah and us is that God's New Covenant does not require us to build an ark, but there will come a time when Jesus will return to earth with power and great glory, with his angels, and whether you believe or not, whether you continue to mock God and his chosen, you along with all the rest of the world will be destroyed. I don't want this to happen to anybody, including myself. My advice to all who is reading this, is you don't know the time, day, nor the hour when Christ will return. Things are all normal looking, but read Revelation, concerning the last days, and events that will take place, most of which has already taken place. The end is near, don't be left behind like the people who were locked outside of the ark. They drowned in that great flood. This time, there won't be a flood, but there will be fire and brimstone. This is a warning.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

looks like you need to read the Noah's Ark thread

26. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

How did sin enter

Ans  1.By freedom  [ You can eat all fruits  you have ]
         2.By law      [All fruits are eatable except one]

Then the Hevenly person [DEVIL] find a way to insert sin.

1. profile image53
      haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sin is the transgression  of  the Ten Commandments of God. There is no sin you can commit, without being one of the Ten Commandsments.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wasn't it then carried in on ships through the great canal and delivered by seamen? smile

27. TheOneWhoKnows profile image56
    TheOneWhoKnowsposted 13 years ago

I recommend you to read a bible about this question :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)