jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Who says some religious people aren't fun??

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

First off I knew a priest who was always joking- and he was a traditional one.
    Being spiritual does not make one unhappy...it actually make you more happy smile

Also, many "religious" people know how to have fun(and still love God) they go out and have drinks, and some have incredible sex lives. So being religious is not the end of the world...it's only the beginning!

"All things are possible with God!"

1. goldenpath profile image80
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I definitely agree with everything you've said except for the drinking part.  Someone truly devoted to faith in God will strive to do nothing that will desecrate the temple of God as scripture says each one of us is.  That includes drinking, smoking, vulgar language among other things.

Agree with the rest though! smile

schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile I won't argue with that!

2. h.a.borcich profile image61
        h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi GP, I agree for the most part smile I am thrown though that if having a drink is always wrong...Why did Jesus turn the water to wine for a wedding?
        Nothing hostile here, just a question. smile Holly

2. 0
      Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, some of them get lots of sex, because have around 20 kids

3. mythbuster profile image86
      mythbusterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know quite a few spiritual or religious people who are a lot of fun. I also know many who drink in definite moderation (1 or 2 beverages - they don't seem to be "controlling" the drinking, they just seem to not like more than 1 or 2 and switch to another beverage after 1 or 2 and continue to have fun) and are awesome company...which is good for me 'cos I am a recovering addict and don't like to be around people who continue to drink and get drunk all night.

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

One of the most jovial people I've ever met is Father Culligan who did my father's funeral mass (also did first communions of my nephew and niece). Fr. Culligen joined our family after the funeral for dinner and we had a delightful time. Oh yes, and he enjoyed quite a few glasses of wine (and not the communion kind).

I also know a delightful Lutheran pastor who celebrated his 90th birthday water skiing.

I have half a dozen other examples I could cite. But unfortunately, I also know some cranky crotchety religious folk, ttoo. Guess it just goes to show that people are people!

totally true wink

3. WuldUStilRemebrMe profile image60
    WuldUStilRemebrMeposted 6 years ago

Yes, I remember Father whatshisname.  He was a jolly perv.  Sister Mary Whoever comes to my mind too.  He/She was scary man.

4. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

WUSRM,
    Yes, we all know those types, too. *shiver and cringe*
    But I'm trying to respect Schoolgirlforreal's positive thread and not jump immediately to the dark side.
    Maybe I'll start a different thread big_smile

smile I'm with you

working