jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Is Bible inerrant as protestants claim?

1. stephengoswami profile image60
    stephengoswamiposted 6 years ago

I feel sad when I hear muslim’s fanatical inerrancy stress on Quran. I also feel sad hearing similar inerrancy stress on bible. Moreover their prophet being dead, Quran is their only guide. So their fanatical stress on Quran is understandable. But as we have risen Christ with us, scriptures are secondary to us. When a person lives with us writings about him lose importance. But to have risen Christ with us we must live like him ready for instant death as I am living ministering among muslims. Those not having living  Christ necessarily have to stress on others.
    Bible was mostly compiled and edited by the catholic church out of thousands doubtful articles found. Who told them which are inerrant and which errant? Neither Christ nor angels, but only their common sense. By that they rejected Peter’s, Thomas’ and other apostles’  gospels and letters as much errant. Other accepted writings were less errant.  O.T. was rejected by Christ and its god is antithesis of Hevenly Father whom Christ exemplified on the cross; only from which our salvation flows. Revelation is not written by john the apostle as its greek is far inferior to his greek. That god sending his children to hell is antithesis of Hevenly Father the best parent. From it Mohammed derived his hell-sending terrible Allah. Certainly hell is there and we make it with devil and go there. But Hevenly Father has sent Christ to teach us to make Heven instead of hell by love and forgiveness. Father never send any to hell but when we distance ouselves from love-God Father our internal love-bond dicreases to disintegrate our soul. That is hell.
    Certainly gospel is a most edifying book but no manmade thing can be infallible i.e. equal to God. Equating O.T. and Revelation god with Hevenly Father exemplified on the cross is character assassination of Hevenly Father. For this millions of Christians and educated are rejecting Him losing faith. My father and uncles educated in Christian schools lost faith due to this. Hevenly Father judges children in evaluating sense never in condemning sense as parents too judge children. If parents judge children in condemning sense that rebounds on them. In that meaning Christ forbade us to judge. But we must judge always in evaluating sense as our govt. judges evaluate the criminal for the duration and type of reformation process. Death penalty is almost abolished.
    The danger of believing  despot, cruel gods is that we become like them as muslims are despotic minded by worshipping their despotic Allah. Worshippers become like the worshipped one. So  the OT and revelation believing protestants are most warlike starting the world wars and devoloping A-bombs. 
    As bible was compiled by commonsense, it must used to understand it. See the old preachers like Billy graham no longer consider bible infallible. I also reached it after 35 years of Christ-following life. Love-God as exemplified on cross is our only God. If any idea or manmade books contradict, it must be avoided to save our soul. If Christ is really with us he will certainly answer our questions as he is answering me.

1. 69
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Only on the basis of a fake vision of Paul; that has nothing to do with Jesus. Jesus was at that time on his way to India.

2. 69

I thank our friend stephengoswami in admitting it was the Catholic Church , not Jesus, who compiled Bible, out of doubtful articles . NT has nothing to do with Jesus, surely.

3. 69

Common sense does not approve of Trinity; Jesus being god or son of god.

1. pisean282311 profile image60
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. earnestshub profile image87
          earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Common sense does not mean believing in bronze aged myths of any sort.

2. stephengoswami profile image60
        stephengoswamiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dear paarsurrey,
                                    Love-heaven is a democracy as democracy is a love inspired state. Heavenly Father is not a despot but a unity of Heavenly parents. We also see this unity of parents in this world too, protecting and rearing us to become like them. so also heavenly father does. Trinity is power division in heaven like we see in democracy,.  -the adminstrative, judiciary and public. Only despotic authority is one.

2. hanging out profile image61
    hanging outposted 6 years ago

The more you are around hubpages you will find more evidence, over time, of the bibles inerrancy. There are no contradictions in the bible and God was not on holiday when 'it' all went down.

1. secretmemoir profile image61
      secretmemoirposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if there are no contradictions in the bible, how come the 2 versions of creation in genesis give a different order?

1. Jerami profile image77
        Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Could it be possible that there were two different creation time lines.  One before the great Ice age and a re seeding so-to-speak afterwards ?

It is believed by the scientific community that the earth was hit by an asteroid also during the Ice age, that would have killed all life on the surface of the earth.  So Maybe?

That would explain why there are skeletal remains of humanoids dating back before the Ice age??

And explain the missing link in the evolutionary theory.

Evolution and creation are brother and sister. Maybe ?

2. rdlang05 profile image89
      rdlang05posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say, as far as the greater message and Truths presented by the etiologies, myths, and symbolism of the Biblical narrative there is no contradiction or error.

As far as the specific accounts and "facts" of the Bible, there are.

3. 69
    paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

Is Bible inerrant as protestants claim?

Bible does not presents the beliefs Jesus himself believed. Due to the additions of certain myths; it has been exposed. Like Jesus dieing a cursed death on Cross; while Jesus recovered from the injuries and secretly migrated towards India.

So , Bible is not inerrant as Protestants claim?

1. rdlang05 profile image89
      rdlang05posted 6 years ago in reply to this

May I ask your religious affiliation?

I believe that in some sense the Bible is inerrant, but no, not in the way protestants believe. 

I completely disagree with your belief that Jesus didn't actually die and moved to India... but I think that's probably due to our differing affiliations, and hence why I asked.

1. libby101a profile image61
        libby101aposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He believes Jesus was saved at the last minute from the cross and moved to India.... His belief is cult-like... muslim sort of... but the muslims have called their sect a cult.

He believes another Messiah came around the end of 1800's/beginning of 1900's. Of course, this Messiah came only for this cult and few others... because he wasn't a world-wide messiah!

Anytime someones posts something about the Bible being wrong.... such as this thread... he jumps on it because he wants everyone to agree with him that the Qu'ran is the only source and all the others are wrong or fake!

2. 69

Hi friend rdlang05

Jesus did not die on the Cross; he was to show the sign of Jonah; by simply referring to this sign, we get to know that:

1.    Jesus was a man like Jonah
        2.     Jesus was Prophet Messenger of the Creator-God Allah YHWH as was Jonah
        3.    Jonah was alive before he went into the belly of fish; similarly he was alive before he was put on the Cross
        4.    Jonah was alive in the belly of the fish and he prayed in it to the Creator-God Allah YHWH; similarly Jesus prayed to the Creator-God Allah YHWH-whom he used to address as God-the-Father, while he was in trouble on the Cross
        5.    Jonah came out of the belly of the fish and did not die for a single moment during this episode; later he went to his people and they accepted him; similarly Jesus must not die for a moment till he goes to the 10 lost tribes of the house of Israel who were settled in India and the neighboring countries and preached them.

The Christian don’t believe that; so they don’t believe the truthful Jesus; they believe some errant account of Bible which has been tampered with.

Bible is not inerrant as protestants claim.

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim; my religious affiliation