People’s right to believe whatever they want to believe

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (61 posts)
  1. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Rishy Rich wrote:

I have to disagree but you can continue with whatever you think.

Don W wrote:

You seem unable or unwilling to address the issues with your argument, so I won't persist in pointing them out.

And thank you for giving me permission to continue thinking what I want, but it's unnecessary. It's already recognized as a human right as laid out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. This protects people's right to believe whatever the hell they want to believe and to express that belief, regardless of whether someone else thinks it's delusional, strange, unbelievable or just idiotic.

You'll also be glad to know it protects your right to think it appropriate to use the death of more than 6 million human beings to try to score some cheap points in the god/no god debate. What an amazing thing freedom of thought and belief is.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54400#post1241278

Paarsurrey says:

I agree with Don W

1. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

People’s right to believe whatever they want to believe...

Is that why you’ve been bellowing that allah is the only one…for centuries?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can have your own beleifs, but not your own facts.

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Paar, Why are you starting new threads with posts from older threads. Stop it and play by the rules, would ya?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do that? It/he/she cannot play by the rules of religious belief it/he/she holds. lol

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

some people like beating dead horses

3. profile image50

It is people’s right to believe whatever they want to believe; and this right should not be denied to them; there is no compulsion in the matters of faith or religion.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you mind explaining that to the Taliban and the guys who attacked the Twin Towers?

4. profile image50

[2:194] And fight them until there is no persecution, and religion is freely professed for Allah. But if they desist, then remember that no hostility is allowed except against the aggressors.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=187

1.    The Meccans were intolerant people; they did not allow freedom of religion.
    2.    The persecuted Muhammad and his followers and did not allow them freedom of choice of faith or religion they thought truthful. The Meccans tortured them and burnt their houses.
    3.    When the peaceful Muslims migrated from Mecca even then the Meccans pursued them and denied them freedom of choice of the religion.
    4.    The Meccans were the aggressors evidently.

So Muhammad and his followers had to fight back for their existence and win back freedom of choice of religion.

I am sure the American people are lovers of freedom; they would uphold the stance of Muhammad and his followers.

This is what the Americans believe; it is the only civil way out there.

Who agrees?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so by your comitment to freedom as above, then Muhammed was a Freedom fighter?

a profit or freedom fighter????? make up your mind Parr!

you could cast Taliban, Al-quida, and the PLO in this light, but would you clasify Muhammed as same? 

This should show that you you are changing the aspects of his, Muhammads'.  personality, to fit any situation or result that happened.

This is why I say Islam is not different than any other Religion here in US, both do the same.

Both beliefs Change the personality of the Hero to fit any situation that happened!   To explain any doubt away?   No good, and no truth to it!

If both are to be real, then they had a personality and a purpose, not an ever changing two way make-up. That is if they were honest- spiritual and formal- Men as is told.     hmmm...

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Muhammad was much more than a freedom fighter; his real goal was much more than that; to guide humanity to the Creator-God Allah YHWH and he did uphold this primary goal always.

He could not be deterred from this goal by anyone.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All you seem to be saying is your freedom to believe whatever god you want only goes as far as it is your god they believe. 

Because your belief enables you to persecute aggressor ie: people that don't believe the same things as you, then you are suggesting that the law is only good for your belief and it nullifies all others in the event someone disagree, kill them.

That's what I see you saying here.

5. profile image50

Muhammad never occupied or wanted to occupy any territory; when he had to enter Mecca to restore peace and freedom of religion he did not stay there for long, he returned to Medina and remained devouted to his lasting goals assigned to him by the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's called "conquering in the name of a god." Just to clarify. smile

6. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

Oh please!!! Every time a thread is opened and somebody poses a question and christians answer it... nothing directed towards your religion whatsoever... simply something using the name "Jesus" or the "bible" you always insist on informing them that Jesus was just a prophet(not the son of God) and The bible is just for historical purposes and has no real value then you go on to tell how the qu'ran is the true word from Allah! You've even went as far as to tell me to change my comment because Jesus was only a prophet!

I'm sorry but that is asking for trouble! To constantly tell Christians they are wrong... and tell them their bible is wrong but yours is correct!

Then you come in here and say everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe!

That is no peaceful! And it surely is not pushing "everyone's rights"!

It's the same as your Muhammad forcing his men to attack the Meccans when they clearly did not want to go! He told them Allah told them to! And it was because they did not believe him to be a true prophet! So he forced his way in and forced the Qu'ran upon them! That is freedom of beliefs! And it is a true reflection of what you are pulling here! Deceptive!

God Bless you Parrasurrey but you are really contradicting yourself in every way humanly possible! Go back and read your own posts or should I go copy and paste some of them???

1. profile image50

I don't think you are right there. Muhammad did no force anybody to attack.

1. pisean282311 profile image61
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

come on paar...muhammad was fighter...i understand your emotions but that doesnot change history...muhammad attacked and participated in war...jesus never attacked anyone even when his own life was under threat...

1. profile image50

Jesus did intend to fight and told his disciples to sell their clothes and use the money to buy  SWORDS (Luke 22:35-38).

Perhaps from his experience with his followers; they preferred sleeping rather than praying for Jesus; Jesus knew it was exepcting too much from them.

The intention of Jesus seems to be there, perhaps.

Nevertheless; the Christians did take up the sword and had been fighting, as they say against the teachings of Jesus, and for that purpose they made a new law by the name "Just war Doctrine".

http://www.catholic.com/library/Just_War_Doctrine_1.asp

now that is news to me..i cant even imagine christ taking up sword...

1. Diane Inside profile image72
              Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sword as in the armor of God.

christ and sword?..i cant relate to this..it is like gandhi with guns or buddha with arrow...

paar give me more information about this...

1. libby101a profile image59
                  libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He is twisting words to meet his needs!

Paarsurry I thought you had studied the Bible? I ask this because apparently you do not know what this scriptures means! Jesus taught against fighting! He told Peter to put away his sword because if you live by the sword you die by the sword!

You have taken scripture that you do NOT understand and twisted it to make Muhammad look equal to Jesus! And a bad attempt at that! .. no where in the Bible did jesus go to war or kill anyone or have anyone killed! He was truly peaceful! Can you quote from anywhere in the Bible otherwise??? Please post any verse that you find from the Bible that states Jesus led his disciples to war, or he killed anyone? Or Anywhere where Jesus told his disciples to kill or go to war???

This verse you are quoting does not literally mean a sword! I will let you study and figure out the rest!

2. profile image50

Christian Jesus is mythical carved from air by Paul and the Church; it has two faces, maybe three or more; one is PreachingJesus like  "if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also" (Matt. 5:39)." and the other AgressiveJesus of the "Just War Doctrine" of the Christians; it could drop even Athomic Bombs declaring them "Just Bombs".

The real Jesus of Quran is peaceful and rational, a brother of Krishna, Moses and Muhammad.

Muhammad's life is crystal clear and recorded in Quran with every necessary detail in it; he is peaceful, defensive and rational; doing everything at the appropriate time and occasion. Muhammad is the real model of an examplary real man of all times and places.

Paarsurrey you are depending on the qu'ran which was written by a self proclaimed prophet! Can you answer me this??? Muhammad had 14 wives after his first wife died, correct? Why does Muhammad get 14 wives but his followers only are allowed 1 to 4 as he wrote in the qu'ran! So he was not practicing what he preaced????

And can you answer this for me? Didn't Muhammad marry a six year old little girl? Then when the little girl turned 9 he has sex with her? Answer this!

If Muhammad has sex with a 9 yr old little girl he is nothing more than a sexual predator of chidren!

And you tell christians their Jesus is a myth carved from Paul??? I believe the Qu'ran was a bunch of writings from a man who used "prophet" statis for sexual and other desires! If your authority comes from Muhammad's babblings then you have none!

Answer my questions above!

Thank you!

God Bless.

2. marty1968 profile image61
            marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a load of Hog wash!!!!!!

1. marty1968 profile image61

This in response to paar's words

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Christians tell everyone else they are wrong, constantly asking for trouble. smile

1. profile image50

So, do Muslims, constantly ask for trouble.  smile

I don't know about other Muslims but Paarsureey does!

7. marty1968 profile image61
    marty1968posted 13 years ago

Wow. this looks like it has turned in to a war.......he he

8. profile image50

The Meccans were the aggressors evidently.

So Muhammad and his followers had to fight back for their existence and win back freedom of choice of religion for everybody.

I am sure the American people are lovers of freedom; they would uphold the stance of Muhammad and his followers.

Good one Paarsurrey! However, the Qu'ran tells a different story than you! Tell us of the other wars? The ones where Muhammad pushed into their land and pushed war! Tell us of those wars!

The Meccans didn't want to worship a fake God or listen to a false prophet and this angered Muhammad! So he waged war! It had nothing to do with "freedom of religion"! It had to do with Mumahhad's way or death... or pay them a tax! When I read the tax part in the Qu'ran it really showed what really was at the heart of Muhammad! It's about religon and Allah but if you pay a tax then you are protected! That's a man talking...not a God!

So.. tell us of the other wars! We are listening!

1. profile image50

Name one such war

How about where Muhammad killed the jews! Can you tell us about that? Or would you rather I did it???

Muhammad sounds more like Hitler. I'll admit that I dont know mush about Muhammed's teachings and from what I am getting from these posts I cant say that I want to know more unless it is to prepare myself for debates such as these to defend the One True Savior Jesus Christ

I advise you to read the Qu'ran just for historical purposes! It will be a huge eye-opener into the mind of Muhammad!

How would I go about obtaining it. Is it online?

2. libby101a profile image59

I wouldn't go that far to call him Hitler! Hitler killed many, many people! Muhammad killed but I believe for different reasons... booty and women! His religious views had underlying reasons... he wanted to be leader and place himself in a "god-like" state... which he did! If you read the Qu'ran you will find he puts himself right up there with allah! Many times if it says something about not doing something against Allah it will have Allah or his prophet(meaning Muhammad)! Although him and HItler do have a lot of things alike!

Is the Qu'ran online?

Yes... but I wouuld advise you that not everything online is original text. I would go to the library and see if you can't check it out there!

I'm sure you can probably find it online... just be sure you find a nonbiased one that hasn't been changed to suit the fancy of people who want Muhammad to be peaceful!!

If you get  a hard copy at the Library you will be sure it's accurate!

Ok. Thanks for the advice libby

2. profile image50

If the hard copy has the original text in Arabic, which is usually there, it would always be the same in any library or on any online site, to your surprise

2. profile image50
              2. profile image50

I thinky you have not read Quran yourselves from cover to cover.Have you?

Muhammad comes only 4 times in Quran.
                Allah comes 3000+ times

Actually yes I have Paarsurrey!

And I know his name is only in it 4 times! However his name doesn't have to be mentioned when he says "Allah and his prophet" because we know exactly who Muhammad is talking about... himself!!!

Now tell me how many times "prophet" is mentioned... where it is along side Allah... Such as "Allah and his prophet"!

3. profile image0
                Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God and his crowd killed many, many people too

2. marty1968 profile image61

the final battle to the final war is yet to come. the Battle of Armageddon

9. profile image50

Christians were the most killers of all; they hardly turned the other cheek of preaching; they tortured and killed in almost all part of the world

The Atheists Skeptics are no less killers though

lol atheist are murders for what?...come on man..are you mixing stalin and mao with religious ideology?..for you information you need to revisit history and understand that your faith comes second to christianity...and abhramic religions comes no1

1. profile image50

I think Stalin and Mao did not believe in any religion; hence they deserve to be enumerated with the Atheists Skeptics. Don't they?

If you fail to take into consideration facts, then yes, you can believe those despots are just Atheists Skeptics and place us all into that category of mass murderers, humbly and peacefully, of course. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Gosh, how humble and peaceful a Muslim you are. Truly peaceful and humble.

Did I mention how peaceful and humble your posts are?

They most certainly are peaceful and humble. Congratulations! smile

10. profile image50

It is people’s right to believe whatever they want to believe; and this right should not be denied to them; there is no compulsion in the matters of faith or religion.

And, that gives you the right to say the things you are saying about others?

11. larryprice5372 profile image60
    larryprice5372posted 11 years ago

I believe there is no problem with beliving what you want and expressing that belief to others, even if it might hurt some feelings.  Having said this: I don't believe destroying the lifes of embassy officials can be justified in any way by these so called followers of Mohammed.

I believe in speaking your mind and belief, so long as it is not disrespectfully intended as a devisive means to cause a reaction in others.  Obviously that is what occurred over this film, but dialog is the answer.  Killing over ones opinion is just plan stupis and cannot be supported in any way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)