jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Political Sadness

1. 0
    bulldog53posted 6 years ago

With the unanswered questions that come from Washington, on both sides of isle would it be fair to say we have a dead lock in the Senate and Congress? Both parties have hurt this country with the too big to fail bailout, the C.I.A. handling the terror group in Cuba. So are the two party systems a failure, and the change needs to come from the American people showing their support to the Independents.

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

Curious...how come this thread is not under the topic Politics & Social Issues?

1. 0
      bulldog53posted 6 years ago in reply to this

not sure not a bad idea.

3. marisuewrites profile image60
    marisuewritesposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't support an Independent just because he is one.  I think we need to clean up and clean out, alright, but where is the next strong, sensible, trustworthy candidate?

There's nothing wrong with the President we've got, if the Dems would have the backbone to help him do what he's promised, and the Repubs would stop the screaming "no's" and lies.  Power is the carrot dangling and to heck with the average American on the ground, and to heck with the truth.  Both parties need to be ashamed and get back to the loyal business of solutions.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like this outlook. I am disappointed with both the Dems and Republicans for being so weak in their own areas of influence.

As an Aussie we had hoped the American people would see that a bipartisan approach is needed at this time and all the shock jocks screaming does not help either.
      Our situation is not much better at the moment, with a hung parliament and a few independat loonies with the balance of power.

The difference is, we have 5% unemployment and a strong economy in pretty good shape.

America needs to get behind the office of the President at this time and get congress to keep pace with the people.

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

You are so wise. It feels (probably because that's the reality) as if people here are fighting against the office of the president even if it means fighting against their own self interests!

If I understood what these naysayers want done that isn't being done (in other words, offer a viable alternative)I might be more sympathetic. But as far as I can see, our president is trying very hard to solve some huge ass problems.

Small business bill signed today. I wonder what the naysayers will find wrong with that. Guess we'll know shortly, eh?

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Within minutes here in Australia we it will begin. smile

Obama has had to fight off the most inane lies and pure hate from a part of the electorate who are among other things, haters of Muslims, blacks, Mexicans, Africans, or even those who hold different beliefs.

The commonality is, they hate!

Hate's origin is fear of the unknown which leads to conspiracy theories which lead to more fear and hate.

Someone tell em!

Being bone ignorant is not a badge that one should wear with pride while abusing an articulate Harvard graduate President over policies not understood by the said Yee-Ha who can barely read to 3rd grade level. smile