jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

West told that Islam insults risk ‘civilization clash’

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

Kings, emirs and presidents from Muslim nations have made pressing appeals to the United Nations for the West to clampdown on attacks on Islam which they warned is a growing threat to international security.

In speeches to the UN General Assembly, leaders said that “Islamophobia” was causing a growing Muslim-West divide and one top Arab minister put the international community on guard against a “civilization clash”.

A threat to burn the Koran by a fringe US church, controversy over a proposed mosque near the scene of the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York and assaults on Islamic symbols in European countries have been a major talking point for Muslim nations.

Normally strong allies of the West have spoken out at the UN against the growing religious tensions in the past week.

Many were embarrassed by comments by Iran’s President Mahmud Ahmadinejad linking the US government to 9/11, diplomats said.

But Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the emir of Qatar, who has launched western-backed diplomatic initiatives to settle wars ranging from Sudan to the Israel-Palestian conflict, condemned attempts to link Islam with terrorism. He partly blamed the US “War on Terror” declared after September 11.

“We disagree with the attribution of this so-called terrorism to the Islamic religion because this — in addition to being incorrect — is a historical injustice that is refuted by evidence from recent history.”

He said “gratuitous violent actions” in the United States, Europe and Asia in the late 20th century were never labelled as being American, European or Asian terrorism.

“This violence was attributed to its underlying political, economic, social and even ideological causes, without attributing it to a particular religion, country or idea.”

Egypt’s Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit condemned “regrettable and appalling incidents that have increasingly touched Muslims and Islam, repeatedly and sometimes systematically in certain cases.”

He added: “We find the West, in general, being drawn into a clash with the Muslim world. This clash will serve no one except extremists and those who hold perverted ideas on both sides. It will not be in the interest of security and stability in the world.” Gheit called for western governments to take action, including passing laws.

“We call upon all countries and especially governments, to assume their responsibility to confront the specter of a dreadful religious and civilization clash.”
    King Abdullah II of Jordan said it is “essential to resist forces of division that spread misunderstanding.” He called for an annual World Interfaith Harmony Week to promote tolerance.

Malaysia’s Prime Minister Najib Razak told the UN assembly that the world’s 1.5 billion Muslims were offended by “attempts to demonize Islam.”

He added: “It intensifies the divide between the broad Muslim world and the West.” —AFP

1. Ohma profile image81
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess I really should leave this alone but well I just can't.
      If the Muslim nations of the world truly want peace with the Islamophobic western world it seems to me that they would acknowledge the bad seed in their own garden.
      We get that the crimes in NY and Washington on 9/11 and other acts of hatred around the world were not committed by the the main steam Muslims but honestly when our civilians are targeted by criminals from the Muslim Nations instead of celebrating in the streets and helping to hide the criminals from justice the Muslim nations should be helping to weed out and expose them for the criminals they are.
      With so little support from the Muslim nation in the pursuit of justice for the victims of 9/11 and other similar crimes it is little wonder that many people have trouble deciding the deference between a Muslim radical and the main stream Muslims.

2. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can we then presume to see this from the other side of paradise?

"It intensifies the divide between the broad Christian world and the East." 

Perhaps, they'll just have a good, old-fashioned holy war to settle their differences.  smile

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

What about their dream of making whole world islamic ? That's not objectionable ?

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thats the whole problem...my way or highway theme...

3. skyfire profile image74

Call me islamophobic if they are going to come on forums to just preach their religion and teachings or hack into some known hosts/sites to post the videos of zakir nair or peaceful islam youtube videos. It's same as what advertisers do- bombard the crowd with concept everyday. They either pick it up or their brain creates soft corner for it. That's just another form of terrorism.

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

ya ...problem in not believing ..most muslims belief that islam is best religion...thats fine but trying to make entire world go round that belief...

1. skipper112 profile image61
        skipper112posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I live next door to a turkish family of Muslim's, having said that here in Australia Muslims do not assilimate with the rest of the Comunity, they want their own laws,They preach 'hate' against this Country and its people. If you disagree they will 'attack you' and if  there any  Muslims that are 'peacefull'  they  are in the minority. They attack our woman on the beach for 'offending Muslim men' as one Cleric put it ' woman is swimsuits are like meat left out in the streets; so it is normal for Muslim men  to attack it' Muslims want their own laws for them, They want to control them selves. They The Muslims want all non muslims to uphold the law of Australia EXCEPT MUSLIMS. There was a rape case were the 4 Defendents said in open court. " what rape they were not muslim girls, so they do not count' they are all serving verry long prison terms thank God the Judge was not fooled.now they have 'HALAL' Mc Donalds and KFC how both serve bacon?My local butcher is "HALAL' and that shop is asian so they serve verry good pork, so much for 'HALAL' The Jews do not force Christians to eat Kosah, but Muslims force Christians to eat Halal.Islam cannot ever be insulted to do so is to risk DEATH. Even my writing's can be considered a 'insult' and Islam can want me killed for my words Just show me A Christian terrorist,but we all see every day Muslim terrorists, we want to live in peace, how do you live in peace with a religion that WANT'S to DID so they can go to PARIDISE

yes this can lead to total war, but it is a war that Islam cannot win thank God, Islam attacks the Jews on a daily basis, the Jews are outnumbered, but the Jews have kicked Muslim butts since 1948, the Jews get stronger Islam gets weaker, yet  if this war is forced appon us it will be BLOODY it will kill millions, but as a ex soldier I know we will win such a conflict, I also pray to God it never happens, I have had enough of war But I will never give in to Islam, it is Islam that MUST CHANGE OR PERISH

4. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

Talk about people in glass houses throwing stones. Even putting aside actual terrorism, anti-western attitudes are way more prevalent, or at least way more vehemently expressed, in Muslim countries than anti-islamic attitudes in western countries.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The problem, I think, is that Muslims do not live in glass houses.  Their way is right, irrefutably and completely, and no one can change that.  Even the Xtians of the west recognize, deep down, that their beliefs are not shared and understand that they are only beliefs but  Muslims do not seem to have that understanding.  They seem to have no concept that other belief systems are as important or "real" as theirs, thus no glass house.  Their house is solid stone - any non-Muslim house is made of straw, fit only for destruction and they have no inclination to accept (for anyone) any other belief system.

5. skyfire profile image74