To all the Christians............

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (42 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

and those who pray

My Mom is in the hospital again
    She has a blood clot in her leg

Please keep her in your prayers ! smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will certainly have your mom in my prayers. I pray that God will heal her leg through the doctors.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pray that god will feed the starving. Let's see who gets their prayers answered. smile

1. h.a.borcich profile image61
          h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good grief. You have achieved a new low Beezle.

Praying for your Mom and you for stregnth, peace and healing smile

Prayers are useless. Science and doctors are what you should be having faith in, not gods.

1. donotfear profile image82
              donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you reserve your God-bashing to the threads that offer debate? Really....  A woman asks for prayers for her sick Mom & all you have to offer is this?  Very tasteless & insensitive. Get some compassion.

Sorry, but I have seen no sensitivity or compassion from believers.

2. h.a.borcich profile image61
              h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you are "righteous" that you feel justified in telling a distressed person what they should and should not have faith in? Your lack of compassion for her and her mother is obvious. Sad thing is that you are proud and indignant over it.

You mean like the lack of compassion, pride and indignation believers exhibit for the starving?

Are you saying her mother should not be in the hands of doctors and science? Why is she in a hospital, then? Why not a church?

1. TamCor profile image77
                  TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beezledad...Please, PLEASE, give this a rest...for the sake of the OP and her mother, who she is very worried about.

Please.

To schoolgirl...My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother...my close friend recently went through the same thing,but she is doing wonderfully now, so I hope that it goes the same for your mother, also...

2. Jim Hunter profile image61
                  Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"You mean like the lack of compassion, pride and indignation believers exhibit for the starving?"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that any church has probably spent 1 million times the money and effort that you have ever put in to feed anyone.

I guess you could prove me wrong.

2. Diane Inside profile image73
          Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd say her mom will be healed Beelzedad, since your prayers would not have faith behind them.

And, the starving will die an agonizing death, instead. Oh yes, god requires I have "real" faith in my prayers before he'll feed anyone. He can't just do it out of his love for his children. Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.

3. Jim Hunter profile image61
          Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you just send all of your money instead?

Not just a little but all of it.

What ya think?

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks very much to everyone! smile

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear about your mother.  She is in my prayers as well.smile

Cheer up its only bound to get better.

Thanks IntimateEvolution!

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg, that's terrible. im so sorry to hear about your mother.  i'll definitely pray for her.  i hope she gets better soon.

Thanks Steven smile

4. vox vocis profile image83
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm here...God bless your mother!

2. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I am so sorry to hear that your mom is in the hospital. I am sending my well wishes as well as my prayers that she will be home and recovering quickly soon! xxxhugsxxx

3. stilljustwonderin profile image59
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

Yes I will have her in my prayers.

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Me too.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Hi SGFR,
    Sorry to hear about your mom, but it sounds like at least she is getting medical attention for the clot (they are sooooo dangerous).
    I will keep her -- and you -- in my thoughts and prayers.
    Please keep your hubber friends posted on her progress.
    Wishing you serenity during this difficult time. MM

6. tpletch profile image60
    tpletchposted 13 years ago

I will be praying.

7. profile image49
    Sirajyposted 13 years ago

To show sympathy in the hardtime of another is always praiseworthy. Thanks.

8. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

I am not a christian
    May i pray for  your mom

9. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

christians or no christians ..those who believe in god , please pray for her..every human life is important and for those who dont believe in god , wish her well...

10. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

Your mother is in my prayer.

11. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

I will keep her in my prayers , and i am praying for you too.

12. DaKingsKid profile image74
    DaKingsKidposted 13 years ago

May God release Healing from on High..And May God increase in you, and in your family through this all.. Let faith arise...

I myself Have had cancer, survivor of 9 yrs now, 7 surgery's, 2 in just the last year. God Is Faithful.

Today was the first time in a while I was able to take my father 82, out to the stores without losing patience!
      One lady at a store said I had the patience of a saint smile I only mention this so as not to have to describe how my father acts at times.

I have more strenght and thanks very much for prayers!!

I ended up praying a decade of the rosary that nite for mom, and I felt much more peaceful after.

13. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Definately will be praying for your mom. Luckily blood clots can be controlled with blood thinners. Hope she is back on her feet soon.

14. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

I am praying for your mom healing and the doctor and anyone else involved with your mom's care in the hospital. I pray that you may have peace in your heart through this difficult time. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to pray for your mom. Go in peace. You are loved.

Thankyou. I end up crying everytime she gets sick, she's 77. smile  She is a very faithful Christian as well smile

15. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Praying your Mom has a speedy recovery!

http://blogs.bootsnall.com/Chuck/files/2008/01/Beautiful_Sunrise.jpg

16. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

It's very very kind for you all to have helped. My mom is doing much better, so thankyou so much!
    I usually ask people in Church to pray, but your response has been fantastic!

She really scared me when she told me about this, sorry I was not able to access the computer till now smile She's coming home and there are no problems.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Praise the Lord!

17. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

How great is our God. Praise Him!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)