Finding a virgin on Earth; possible

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54883?page=6

luvpassion wrote:

I suggest you try to find at least one here on earth over 18, (impossible)

Paarsurrey says:

May be it is true with the Christians or Atheists in the West; in the East, there would be overwhelming majority of the women. It is possible where men and women don't mix up freely. It is for this that Mary as seen in the Catholic Churches is dressed fully and was a virgin and she did not mix up with the mix-gatherings.

That is truly Christian, if they understand

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have no idea what you are talking about, and I don't have much of an idea either.

I would like to point out however that the word 'virgin' is not only applicable when referring to women. Men can also be virgins, and I have a male friend who didn't lose his 'v' plates until 25.

Not that there is anything wrong with losing your virginity before 18, seeing as the legal age of consent in most western societies is 16. I was having intercourse at that age and nothing bad happened to me.

I have no children, no STDs, and it didn't turn me into some insane sexual predator. Different people are ready at different times, and they should be afforded to the freedom of choice. To a certain degree of course.

I was of the opinion that there is an entire movement involving you people in America who 'pledge' to remain celibate until marriage... and that this involved people of all religions and irreligion.

And why should women be expected to remain virgins, yet men are permitted to bemoan some sort of chronic shortage of fresh meat - which it appears you are doing now.

Are you familiar with nuns? Apparently there are 59000 in the US. You would have a hard time finding a nun who spreads her legs, although I am sure that they exist.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Men and women both should have slef control till they marry as a principle; it does no harm and is apprciable.

1. profile image0

Well there are plenty of people who disagree with you in more liberal and open minded societies.

In progressive societies, such as the UK, it is more than acceptable to bonk whoever you like without getting married. And I like it that way.

Just because your ideals object to sex before marriage, doesn't mean that other peoples should. We are all entitled to our own beliefs.

That doesn't change the fact that you are completely wrong in your original post, there are millions of virgins on this planet and many of them have no religion.

Why should me sleeping with my girlfriend have any effect on you? What issue do you have with a man you will never meet sleeping with a woman that you will never meet? In a country that you will probably never visit? I have no problem with you remaining a virgin, so why have a problem with me having a quick shag with the lights on in the privacy of my own home, behind lock and key, and with the curtains closed?

You shouldn't.

1. profile image51

I don't mind if you or others disagree with me.

I was telling the Christians; men should be like Jesus of Quran; and the women should be like Mary of Quran; only because Quran presents the real Jesus.

Mythichal Jesus and Mary of the Church has drifted away the Christians from the teachings of Jesus as well as his acts. Jesus and Mary should be the ideals of the people in the West, in my opinions.

The Atheists Skeptics could have Jesus and Mary as their ideals also if they are convinced heart and soul; no compulsion however.

1. profile image0

And what is the different between Mary & Jesus in the Bible and Mary & Jesus in the Q'uran?

Seeing as Mary was a virgin in the bible too? Hence the Christians worship of 'The Virgin Mary' hmm

Mary isn't exactly depicted in the bible as some sort of floozy who gets drunk and bangs people down alleyways is she? Even I know that, and I am irreligious.

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
        Daniel J. Neumannposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm just going to dove-tail here.

I was a virgin up until like a week ago, and I'm 20 years old (and I'm a male).

I subjectively believe we ought to be picky about who we have sex with, since I feel our souls do mix a little. It's romantic that way.

I'm really glad I'm in a relationship with the girl who took my "V card," but I refuse to pass judgment on anyone who chooses differently.

These types of issues will split the Republican vote. (Sorry to make this political, but) has anyone noticed how conservatives and libertarians split on social issues? It's like some republicans are becoming—oh, God, should I speak this blasphemy!?—liberal.

Christians should know all sin has been remised and forgiven by the sacrifice of Jesus (as that's an important story in the faith, as I understand it). They're being silly about persecuting women who have sex before marriage. They are more than welcome to suggest abstinence until commitment, but it seems hypocritical to demonize those who don't follow their advice. After all, "He who is without sin should cast the 1st stone."

Thanks,

Dan

1. profile image0

I believe that the original poster has more of an issue with those who have sex before marriage. By the sounds of it, that includes you.

I also lost my virginity to a girl with whom I was in a relationship, I have been with my current partner for 3 and a half years. But I also have friends who sleep with a different girl each week, as long as nobody is getting hurt... who cares?

Not anybody elses business, unless they did it in the middle of the street.

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it does not matter about this Parr, what so ever.

it does not take away from the Guys or the Girls heart, strength and sole.

SO WHAT!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I was a virgin at 18. I renounced religion at 13 and have no high morals to speak of.

Or am I a special exception?

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I have some friend that were virgins till thier thirties and got married....

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...of course i look outside of my world....how many of the men are also virgins?....just as many as the women?....and if not, why not?.....

5. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

why is virginity an attribute?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well many believe , it's their opinion, that saving yourself for that one person you will marry is special and no thoughts of previous people will be in your head.
      it's complex i wrote a hub on it :pure love

1. profile image51

Self control till one marries with one's spouse is appreciable.

6. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Finding a virgin on Earth; possible

It is time that instead of the mythical Jesus invented by Paul and the Church; the West supports the real Jesus who is not ascetic; he marries and has children and has the self control; that is for the men.

The women are like Mary mother of Jesus; they have self control and dress up like her and love her and her model.

Then finding a virgin or more or many virgins won't be a problem.

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

standard joke i heard growing up in New England.

why was Jesus not born in Rome at the time?

they could not find 3 wise men and a Virgin!!!!    lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)