Man Has Dominion Over All life On Earth

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (102 posts)
  1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

...even his own.
    "He" gives lip service to wanting to save all life but his own.
    Everyday of his life, "he" dedicates his existence to the development of being able to kill more of his kind without compunction.
    When will he reach the fail-safe" point and not be able to save himself?

1. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Depends on the size of the next asteroid.  smile

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol...I don't think he'll make it to the day that an asteroid, large enuf to take him out, arrives...:-)

There might be a few left...they'll be eating the nuts of the last tree.  smile

1. qwark profile image60

hahaha....thats why I posed the question a couple nights ago that burning and burying dead people is a waste of valuable nutrients...lol...lets eat the people!....:-) Soylent green is very, very nutritious.....:-)

Buuuuuurp...hey you're right!  Crap....now I need a band aid!smile

2. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

#1, Man is just a tiny speck on the earth, like a fly that the earth can swat off at any time if it so wished. 

Man will only be here until the earth rebels against all he has done to it and destroys him.  THEN he will realize he does not have dominion over all life on earth...the earth itself does.

1. qwark profile image60

Annie: That is the "Gaia Hypothesis."
        Are you familiar with it?

2. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...and a George Carlin skit...

Replace the word earth with God and you get somewhere!

1. libby101a profile image59
          libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100%!

2. kerryg profile image83
          kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nah, she had it right the first time. The Pakistanis cut down 80 million trees in the last three years, and this year, floods covered 15% of the country in water, displacing millions.

If God wants us to take dominion over the Earth, that's a pretty funny way of showing it, but it makes perfect sense if you admit that the Earth holds dominion over us.

1. hanging out profile image60
            hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

dominion means rule, tread down, subjugate according to strongs concordance H7287. Man can do what man will do and the earth will do what the earth will do. The earth does not consider us at all nor is it dependent upon us but we are dependent upon it.

3. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please elaborate your post; I could not make out as to what you actually want to convey.

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I actually think Nature has dominion over all life on Earth. Man is just another "fish in the sea", "rat in a cage", another animal dependent on Natures mercy and "fruitfulness". 

We are just nomads on a pretty planet always wondering endlessly, searching for clues, creating things that we presume will protect us from the all giving Nature itself.

Man is part of nature.  I think that sometimes people have a tendency to forget that we are part of nature like all other things because so many want to separate from what we really are in favor of something that never was.

Though I can understand why people chose 'god' over what is real, I think it is disastrous to pursue people till the death and try to wipe out certain cultures until all that remains is them...still waiting for their god to show up and save them as if they deserve to be saved after killing billions of their own kind.

5. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Man lost dominion in the Garden of Eden... smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!

2. qwark profile image60

Leslie:
        I don't base any of my questions on biblical myth.
        I am a pragmatic realist who understands the world surrounding him and human idiocy.
        I don't guide my life on fairytale stories as you seem to.
        Your comment is an example of human idiocy in print.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

read up on campbell so you understand the hilarity of what you just said.

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Cecilia:
            I don't have to read up on anyone...lol
            I'm living amongst idiocy! It surrounds me!
            I am reminded everyday of my life that we humans are but infants in a crib gazing up and around, amazed, trying to figure it all out, but too damned immature to make sense of reality.
            We'll never make it to pubescence!

3. ceciliabeltran profile image65

translation, oh you men man lost dominion over his own peace of mind...certainly.

2. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Who will ever miss "him" anyway?

hmm

3. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

The "Gaia Hypothesis" is interesting.
    Research is being done to try to determine if there's a possibility that it may be a reality.

1. aguasilver profile image71

I think it's pretty much a give fact that the whole sphere is interactive, and that it's finely balanced, however that would not change the God factor.

I agree! Everything seems to work so amazingly together! This only confirms my belief in God!!

1. marty1968 profile image61
          marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is definately amazing at how things work together to confirm the existence of our One True God

1. marty1968 profile image61
            marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

let me rephrase that and say THE One True God

2. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

at least 3 species become extinct every day - amazing - how's that for finely balanced, amazing design?

1. alternate poet profile image66
              alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

many more than 3 - we are in the tail end of a mass extinction - the same situation that has preceded every change in the dominant species on earth since critters were invented.  The dinosaurs are but one of them.

1. profile image0

yes, I was quoting from the most conservative estimate I could find.  Many sources say many thousands of species every year cease to exist

2. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, starvation for some and abundance for others. "Finely balanced" indeed. smile

When you're the one on the abundance end of god and not the starving end of god, it's so easy to see how everything "works so amazingly together!"

smile

Beelzedad, you are a pain in the butt, but I do like you despite that, and sometimes, just sometimes, you do pin the tail on the donkey!

You probably get me studying more than most on here! smile

When I'm saying it's finely balanced, that's what I mean, and our (collective) wealth in the northern hemispheres does make the starving millions disadvantaged, but we cannot blame God for that, for it's our decision to stay wealthy and work for our own good, not His teachings.

You (and I) have decided that we want our three square a day and goodies, if we decided that we would live on a bowl of rice a day, maybe with some fish or meat once a week, and send all our collective wealth around the world, just maybe we could improve the lot of those less fortunate, for a short while, until we also lost the will to work as hard and to produce wealth due to our misery.

Want to propose that to your electorate?

Like I said, God is not to blame we are, and although many folk, believers and non believers are trying to stem the problem, the ONLY real man made solution would mean poverty for everyone, and even that would fail, because some folk will always gain more at others expense.

To blame God is to protest at our having free will and choice, if you are willing to submit your free will and choice to a world government (which will happen soon anyway) then you would better surrender it to God, who could then solve the problems we have created.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

If your god exists and he answers prayers as Christians claim, then yes, we do blame your god.

So, are you now admitting god does not answer prayers, that the world is as it is because of other circumstances and has nothing to do with gods?

No, it is definitely your god that is to blame.

That makes no sense.

No, to blame your god is giving credit where credit is due, or not due, which is the case for the starving. smile

..and then you go and get all stupid again, using snippets to score cheap trick points, if you actually wanted to understand, you could, as all you wish to do is act the fool, so be it, I will not bother trying to reply to you.

Yes, I do understand the need for you to insult me when you are unable to put forth an argument to defend your belief system. So far, you have not really "bothered" to reply, at least, not with any intellectual honesty. smile

1. luvpassion profile image63
                    luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Arguments for or against belief can be difficult and hostile forms of interaction.

Too often each group reads what is written and feel worse than when they started discussing the subject; people trying to make themselves feel better during a discussion is a frequent source of mistakes and poor reasoning.

It may not be possible to avoid this completely, but a good way to try is to try to diffuse hard feelings early on by searching for points of agreement in the midst of disagreement.

If people can at least find things which both agree on and share in common, it may cause the disagreements to lead to fewer hard feelings and hostility.

wink

Teri

2. ceciliabeltran profile image65

oh...I thought it was my post, because it sure sounds like me way way back several forums ago. Trust me, he has a gift. even if you don't want to, you will.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Beelzedad, I am very sure you could understand if will you will stop rebelling. You are blind because of rebellion.

LOL!

Hi Beelzedad, do you agree with my statement above?

2. qwark profile image60

"... to God, who could then solve the problems we have created."
              LAUGHABLE!
              This "god thing" you speak of could have created "perfection." If "it" had, it wouldn't have to solve any problems.
              This "god thing" is alledgedly omniscient. It knew all the problems "it's" imperfect creations were going to experience.
              Why would this perfect "god thing" create problems for itself?
              One would think that a "perfect god thing" which is "omnipotent" and "omniscient" could/would, when it created man in "its" own image, have forseen all the foibles "its" imperfect creation would experience and "solve" the problem during the creation. lololol
              I love to read the absolutely asinine responses of "believers" in this "god thing" myth.
              It's what keeps me coming back again and again for a good laugh....:-)

Here we go again, you guys either have short term memories or selective remembrance.

God did create a perfect creation, you can read about it in Genesis, and you can also read about how mankind chose to believe Satan's lies about gaining self knowledge rather than obey God, and if you read the whole book with an open mind and seek real understanding, you would see how mankind persistently screwed things up by trying to run things their way, rather than Gods way, and if you could get to understand that, you may just understand the correlation between free will, self determination and rebellion.

And if you ever got that far, then just maybe you would see why the world is in the mess it is, and why you need to repent (turn away) for your egotistical self delusion and get into relationship and obedience to God.

By all means use a serious forum for getting a cheap laugh and making inane remarks, but don't expect any believer to buckle under your stupidity.

1. qwark profile image60

Aqua:
                  My goodness! You have studied the bible...thoughtfully?
                  uh uh!
                  Your "god thing" had power over the "devil," according to your beliefs.
                  This biblical "god thing" could have created perfection from the get go if it was really omnipotent and omniscient.
                  There is no mention of "free will" in any monotheistic scripture. You've been reading your corrupted concordance...:-)
                  Aqua your intellect has been so frustrated by inundation in myth and superstition that your words portray you as but another obsequious follower...a member of the easily led.
                  You and your comments exhibit to "thinkers" that you represent the lower level of intellectual evolution responsible for there being almost 40k differing protestant cults which all read and interpret scripture to meet their needs...and all claim they have it right!
                  ...thanks for the laugh! You are appreciated!

1. luvpassion profile image63
                    luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Women have dominion over all life on earth. We rarely point it out. wink

Genesis 2:18 (Amplified Bible)

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and blessing and calamity you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

Genesis 3:4-6 (Amplified Bible)

But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die, for God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing the difference between good and evil and blessing and calamity.

And when the woman saw that the tree was good (suitable, pleasant) for food and that it was delightful to look at, and a tree to be desired in order to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she gave some also to her husband, and he ate.

Genesis 3:22-23 (Amplified Bible)

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man has become like one of Us [the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit], to know [how to distinguish between] good and evil and blessing and calamity; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever....

Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the Garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken.

Job 34:37 (Amplified Bible)

For he adds rebellion [in his unsubmissive, defiant attitude toward God] to his unacknowledged sin; he claps his hands [in open mockery and contempt of God] among us, and he multiplies his words of accusation against God.

Keep going.... smile

3. profile image0

"free will" - I read this concept was added a few hundred years ago

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Or indeed YOUR one true God.

No, He's yours also, even if you dispute the fact, you can deny Him.... He will never deny you.

5. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I agree! One can deny him until the end but he is still the one true God of Abraham! He doesn't need approval. He is who he is! God doesn't need to prove himself to anyone!

AMEN!

1. qwark profile image60

These are the kinds of shiite comments that add credence to the beliefs of non-believers that all monotheists thinking is primitive and lacking in the basic human ability to logically and reasonably think things out and understand as being what the real world consists of. These kinds of comments exhibit a very low level of intellectual evolution.
        These are just my opinions...of course.....:-)

...and you are of course welcome to hold that opinion, but in fact AMEN is simply a quick way of saying to each other....

...I agree, that is true.

and of course, we were not speaking to you, you just happened to be reading it on an open forum.

Frankly, I know of no believer who cares one jot what unbelievers think about them, we understand you are blinded by your masters and therefore are (mainly) not fully responsible for your crass remarks. smile

1. Diane Inside profile image73
            Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

2. ceciliabeltran profile image65

who is their masters?

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Man has dominion over all life on Earth - Is this a question or statement.

As a question, if anyone has a belief that "Man has dominion over all life on Earth"- I would ask them to see medical attention. Humanity has not learned how to control nature, just measure it.

As a statement- I would say it's borderline ignorant.

There also is no reason to control nature, just better innovations to help protect ourselves against it's effects.

Attempting to control it is a fools quest. Too many variables. Leave one out and have a disaster.

The Earth ages, just like humans. It changes itself all the time. This is not including the changes humanity is making.

Presently, humanity is mostly dominated by Earth, and controlled to a certain extent and would lead to Earth having dominion over humans.

Earth is the only environmentally safe place for humans to exist. Try going into outer space and see how well you'll do? hmm

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

The first was a statement, God gave us dominion, we mucked it up by trying to control and use without accepting the responsibility that this authority gave us.

If ALL folk respected and acknowledged God, managing it would be easier, as it is all the self willed folk stop God using His power to assist us

Secondly.... surely you can see that your statement rather indicates that life here was either a several googleplex to one chance, or it was planned and designed that way!

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah - it is the pesky non believers again. Nice to know we are more powerful than your invisible not-so-super being.  lol

No morals none. sad

Just because you are incapable of grasping the possibilities involved - does not mean it had to be majick.

Hi Mark, back again huh!

Were you banned or just busy writing about coffee machines?

You 'pesky non believers' do have more power than you recognize, for when we speak we either give Glory to God or empower Satan... now which do you think you do more often?

God gave humanity dominion, so let's face it, if more folk exercise THEIR free will (which is rebellion, they are giving power to Satan, who does want to destroy our world) then obviously they do have the power to use that dominion badly.

That's not being more powerful than God, it's abusing the authority God gave us.

I never said anything about majick, so stop perverting my words, what I did say was:

"... surely you can see that your statement rather indicates that life here was either a several googleplex to one chance, or it was planned and designed that way!"

Why not answer that without the smart alec remarks?

Planned and designed.... what are the odds that this world 'just' happening to be in exactly the right place with exactly the right conditions for life?

Try to answer that without wisecracks, if that is possible!

LOL that it is the non believers doing it all. lol

No morals. None.

Probabilities. The chance of a civilization capable of communication arising are:  N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

R - Rate of formation of suitable stars in our galaxy (aggregate number)
            fp - Percentage of those stars with planets   
            Ne -Number of planets per star that could sustain life like earth
            fl - Percentage of those planets where life actually develops
            fi - Percentage of planets from fl with intelligent life   
            fc - Percentage of planets from fi where technology develops
            L - "Lifetime" of communicating civilizations (years)   
            N - Number of communicative civilizations

The chance of life occurring are guesstimated at around 0.1% over 4 billion years.

And one of the greatest minds ever produced, recently stated that a an invisible super being was not necessary for the Universe to come into being.

Sorry. We already know your god is infinitely improbable. And the "probability" that you know wot it sed? Hmmmmmmmmm lol

I was on vacation - taking a look around behind the scenes at the Vatican. Got some good photos. St Pete's:
            http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/peter.jpg

See how my feet are not touching the ground? Its a sign. lol

Nice photo, always good to put a face to a picture!

Hope you had a good time, sure you did, I love Rome, but preferably in the spring...

Thanks for the formula, I'll try to work it, but I suspect that your figure of 1% needs a few zillion zeros added to make it relative...

As for Stephen, even the atheists here stated that he was just hedging his bets... foot in both camps so to speak, double minded man according to scripture, and besides he has already spent tons of time telling us why all the earlier scientists were wrong and only he was correct, which just leads me to await the next genius who comes along to discredit Stephens work with new concepts which all you rationalists will again worship and adore.

Glad in a way you are back, your banter with me is much better for my follower numbers and fresh readers, and my hubscore improves normally when you are in the forums!

Sort of a symbiotic relationship really!

Must meet for a drink one day, now that would be fun! smile

Hi Mark, For a minute I thought you may have been banned. I can see now you are back again. Hope you had a good vacation.

Why would I be banned for telling the truth? How very courageous of you though. Well done. I am sure your god will not burn you for being so passive/aggressive in your attacks as the devil sed. Is a minute 2 weeks according to you? How wonderful.

For a moment I thought you had decided to follow the teachings of the bible and not preach and argue with non believers. LOLOLO Fat chance of a religionist following what Jesus sed.

1. profile image0

Did you see any lighting bolts? lol

Don't even go there Mark, You know exactly what I mean. You always barging in the chrisian forums attacking people because of their belief. I am not a preacher. I am a christian, not a religionist. Having a discussion is totally different from a argument. I notice you are trying to cover up your deceitful behavior by falsely accusing me for attacking. God bless you Mark.

3. ceciliabeltran profile image65

were you banned?

Hubpages Support already gave me a can and can do. We're not expected to all be angels. Part of the fun is the sarcasm.

No, I was on holiday. The Courageous Woman was making a passive/aggressive attack.

I had an opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Vatican and was in Italy the last two weeks. A hub will eventually ensue. big_smile

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/vatican.jpg

2. profile image0

you think you have dominion?  My prediction is you'd come off second best next to a lion or a hippo (they can chomp people in half).  Even small creatures like snakes and certain marine creatures can have poisonous venom.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

A failed understanding of the world around us on your part does not equate to magic and superstition on realities part. smile

4. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did your little book tell you that? hmm Glad to see you follow something. It's too much responsibility for you to be a leader or someone of principle, or lead by example. The dishonesty you don't see in your own actions is amazing.
        Actually, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but no god is required for people to consciously be more active about being self-responsible. So please..
        Why are you using this post, to insinuate something else, for which, also claims I said, which I did not.

The probability of a god is nil. The possibility of a god is not impossible. To an open-minded person, anything is possible. When assessed and examined, and then determine not probable, then it is most likely not possible. Since we are human beings, we cannot erase doubt without physical and measurable evidence to the contrary.

If you don't like, then too bad. It is human nature and cannot be escaped.

*on a side note- your statement was mostly conjecture to begin with. Thus, revealing your flawed argument.

1. qwark profile image60

CAgs:
          ..but ya gotta admit he's good for entertainment purposes.
          Let's give him credit for that...:-)
          A good guffaw is worth reading his imbecilic monotheistic garble...:-)

5. profile image0

sounds like a contradiction - "given dominion, but mucked up by trying to control...."

3. profile image0

humans can't control tsnuamis or earthquakes.  They overfish, pollute air, soil and water, rip out rainforests etc - totally irresponsible - if they call that "dominion" - it's a joke.  The world would tick on by quite happily without humans wrecking things

7. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

Yes it would.

I spent one afternoon chatting with the priest who officiated at my friend's sons baptism in a tiny little village church in the Italian mountains. He arrived drunk and 2 hours late for the ceremony. We agreed on just about everything. wink

Monte Cassino looked good too, and the trip around the private areas (but not secret) of the Vatican once again reinforced my opinion of your ridiculous belief system.

Or do the Catholics not count as believers? lol

I'm sure that there are as many true believers in the Roman Church as there are elsewhere, and equally well hidden as their counterparts outside the Roman Church.

Remember, I am no fan of Churchianity.

2. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice picture
         What comes to my mind when looking at this one picture is the vast wealth of Vatican City.
         I would be impossible to walk around Vatican City and not be in  awe of extravagance, wealth, and power!

I can not imagine Jesus Christ sitting in the  "BIG"  chair, having access to these funds and just watching the conditions of the world declining the way that they are.
         That fact tells me that God has not been sitting in the "BIG" chair.

The bible does not teach such hoarding of wealth.
         Especially with so many starving people in the world.

God will be taking over shortly.
         And he will be cleaning house!
         He  "might"  even throw the baby out with the bath water?

The fact that Churchiosity is wrong in so many ways, does not negate the existence of God.

Churchiosity is the beast that John saw rising up out of the sea in Rev. 13.
           This 42 months that God allows this to go on, is about to come to its end.
          With or without our  approval  or  awareness.

I am not speaking poorly of those people that go to the Church.
          I am speaking to those people that are followers of
      "THE CHURCH" instead of the God  that the church "SAYS" that it works for.
          There are many faithful followers of Christ in the church!

Prophesy does give us a map of events that have taken place over the past 2600 years, and says that our eyes will have been blinded to this fact ...  "until the time of the END".

It is time for believers to open their eyes to the fact that everything prophesied has come to fulfillment.

Except for the final destruction.

We are told to   NOT   be called to arms! 
         DO  NOT participate! 
         To join either side in this battle is to choose incorrectly.
         Just  be aware!   

I gotta go to work for a little while  ..  Back shortly.

3. hanging out profile image60

The catholics are in most ways, antichrist. They have deceived billions of people throughout the ages. But still God has seen the hearts. I see God pulling people out of that system, those that want to know the truth. The uncaring people he leaves there. But if you ask me, People need to come out of catholicism completely. To say that there is not 10 believers in catholicism would be an incorrect statement i hope, but to say that mostly, especially in the hierarchy there are not 10 who seek the truth is unfortunately and maybe true.
      If you speak of christians you can omit catholicism in my opinion for good reasons. There are hubs on it.

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paul was the seed of the antichrist tree; and the Churches it trunk and the Christian denominations its branches and leaves. Christianity is not the seed Jesus planted.

I agree with your above words.

Jesus' Second Coming is to set the antichrist right, in my opinion.

Paarsurrey I think you can honestly say you are not peaceful now! You go around and put down christianity without care! You religion is built on far worse factors than christianity if what you say were in fact a truth about Paul... but it isn't!  I noticed nobody said much against you until you came out and deligeratley targeted christians, Jesus, and Paul! You just continue on and on with NO respect whatsoever to other's beliefs!

You are following Muhammad's example to the letter! Just as he forced himself on the Meccan people... you are forcing yourself in the hubs with thread after thread of the same thing...

Stop worrying about Paul, Jesus, and Christians and focus on your own religion's "faults"! I can point you in a few directions for good literature if you would like!

Peace! And trust me true peace is laying down the sword! Stop harassing christians with cruel remarks against their Jesus! It's is very disrespectful! This is what causes wars! So stop it!

8. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Mark I was there years ago. The opulence was astounding! The place is worth billions. Is this representative of the life this jesus person supposedly lived and preached? This jesus was an ascetic! whew

9. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

When will he reach the fail-safe" point and not be able to save himself?

This is why the God of the bible has appointed a time for his return. Will he return? How could he not? God has been here intimately throughout the time of the OT. Jesus, God in the flesh for 33yrs and via his holy spirit in these latter days to those who are saved.
    Mankind will pave the entire globe eventually, the nuclear race will reach its pinnacle and in other ways mankind will attain levels that will dictate the return of jesus christ as king this time instead of servant as he was last time.

10. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

[17:71] Indeed, We have honoured the children of Adam, and carried them by land and sea, and given them of good things and exalted them far above many of those whom We have created.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=70

Hence man should respect other life on Earth

11. ceciliabeltran profile image65
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

man has dominion over all life on earth, is there any doubt there? aren't we crawling all over this space and changing the environment to suit our needs?

The question is should we be doing this? Can we help ourselves?

Oh yes, it can be helped. But, it is a god given command for believers to have dominion over all things.

It's just another in the long line of problems created by religions.

smile

1. profile image0

It also seems to make them think that they also have dominion over other people especially women.

how true! i have met many many women who think they have control over men. And before ya know it the husband is living in the house she picked out, in the livingroom painted in the color that she likes, with the paintings that she prefers and if he's lucky he gets the garage.
          In the bible it wasn't so much dominion as necessity. Aside from eve sinning first and God saying "thou shalt rule over HER", because women don't like to ask permission... but at that time, as most things are; at that time women who went through their menstrual cycle were put in a pit and guarded from against wild beasts. There were no tampons and no midol, women suffered from migranes, etc. North american women are much different here than they are over there. Indeed for a long time women waited for a door to be opened for them in north america, not so in the middle east, women in north america couldn't wait to purchase the first bikini and then to erode to thong bikinis yet becoming more nudish in their dressing and making men lust after them and commit sin toward God.
          Im so sorry you feel the bible oppresses women. I often wonder if women would grin if men were oppressed.
          Husbands LOVE your wives. wives submit unto your husbands. This is all that is needed and required. Not so oppressive now is it.

When one is a misogynist, there is no such thing as oppression of women. smile

2. profile image0

sadly evident

12. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

This has been possible as the Creator-God Allah YHWH has given to man speaking ability, writing ability and discovering ability by His mercy and grace.

[31:21] Have you not seen that Allah has pressed for you into service whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth, and has completed His favours on you, both externally and internally? And among men there are some who dispute concerning Allah, without knowledge or guidance or an illuminating Book.
    http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=20

Yes, we've already identified the problem, now we need to come up with a solution.

No we don't need to come up with a solution. God has the solution! This is why God is still invisible, mankind has not come to the end of himself yet as a species. People all over the globe are thinking WE need to come up with a solution. This is what nimrod thought when he tried to build a waterproof tower above the clouds thinking to thwart another flood, in the meantime unknown to him, God had already solved that problem with his rainbow. lol.
        The state of the planet and all its problems will worsen until people realize that they themselves have to be better people. Its not so much the person who is just a family man working to make ends meet, a big problem are the multi-rich who can affect governmental policies and cause natural disasters. And this is human outside of the garden nature. Sin will always have devastating effects on society, whether it be disease or corruption to having no respect for Gods creation.
        People have to realize we all need to be better and that ability to be better comes from the God of the bible.

1. qwark profile image60

hahahahahhohohoho.....I read your comical, idiotic harrangue and am rotfl.
          Hangin' out, you are wonderfully representative of all of your ilk who are believers in faerytales......
          I'm just tellin' it as I see it: honestly and bluntly.
          oh hohohohoho.......................!!!   :-)  whew I'm outa breath!!!!  :-)

2. profile image0

solved a problem with a rainbow?  So it never rained pre-Noah?

Religion had devastating effects on society - been reading about all the torture/burning at stake because of disputes over interpretations of the bible.  Back then , they didn't believe in thinking for oneself either - any education was seen as pagan

3. Beelzedad profile image58

LOL! Perhaps, Leprechauns and gods are one and the same, its just that rainbows with pots of gold at the end along with your god of the bible seem to always disappear in light of chasing reality. smile

1. profile image0

lol

13. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

“Man Has Dominion Over All life On Earth”

Except, of course, for those d*mned insects, bacteria, and viruses… smile

And why is it that none of them ever seem to become extinct?  smile

1. qwark profile image60

Paradigm:
      You are right.
      If and when man disappears, it will be the "lil" guys: bacteria and virus that the next intelligent species will evolve from...if there's enuf time left.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)