jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Has there been a time when any belief was tolerent of any other

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 6 years ago

I think not, not in mans' history. I think Tolerance is a Buzz word, a make me feel good because I claimed it word.

We say we are Atheist, but then we spend our time denying God, If he does not exist there is nothing to explain away or to dies-prove?

We say we are Christian and we spend time discerning (our true actions deciding to dislike or hate other belief systems, and non believers). We claim what we are not. WE Say we are not like that and then work diligently to discredit ourselves.

We are in a mental down spiral of self destruction, why do we not want to stop it?  If the Universe is to be ever lasting, or One God is to be in total control, if either is to have any meaning, would not survival of all be necessary to prove it.

If nothing but space exists what purpose did the Universe serve, why was it needed? What good did it do? If all that is left is God alone, what is the purpose of having a God? What good was He?

Yet we want each other gone, or beat down to conform, killed or culled out, or only a select few raised up-(saved!) If this is all there is, then why are we here folks..?  Why are we necessary?

1. Writingissharing profile image61
      Writingissharingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We're not!

2. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

well i like to  think i am tolerant of everyone, even Catholics!!!!!!!!!!! tha was a joke, as i am living in Ireland, but am not a catholic.  Agree to disagree that is my motto.....

3. aguasilver profile image87
    aguasilverposted 6 years ago

I think the Moorish Muslims in Spain were reasonably tolerant of Christians and Jews during their 800 year occupation, not sure the current bunch of Muslims would be as tolerant, certainly not if they were Taliban or Saudi branches, but during that period, from all accounts, they all lived peaceably together.