jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

If you thought those on the religious forums were intolerant...

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 6 years ago

Check out these comments sent by "believers" to a website promoting religious tolerance

1. JayDeck profile image74
      JayDeckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

People and religions are not God. My guess is, if you are searching for God, you won't find him next to people waving their arms yelling, "God is here!," or "Believe like I do," or the Inquisitor version "Convert or die," etc. People do bad things, say bad things, and behave poorly  in the name of religion, not God. I believe because I've seen the evidence and made my choice. Would I associate with people who do ugly things in the name of religion? Not if they dipped themselves in chocolate.

2. Disappearinghead profile image88
      Disappearingheadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not sure I can be bothered to sift through all the stuff on this website, but why are you worrying about the attitude and comments of "believers"? The spectrum of believers is huge and you'll find a huge variation in attitudes. All these unsavoury comments you see are from a small minority of people.

Instead, look for the truth yourself, then share what you find. It's your views that people are interested in, not coments on the views of others.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Compassion is still contagious.
    I'd like to believe that.

3. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

we have just had a bit of a do in our city involving 1000 anti jihad extremists, 700 anti fascists a number of others whom could not be categorised and 2000 police, some mounted. There were 13 arrests for public order offences and the town centre was avoided by most people- shops were shut etc

The thing is that all religions united against the extremists. People posting on the site that you highlighted would have been apoplectic. Our cathedral held a service presided over by the bishop and the sikh head and the hindu and the muslim leaders.  We have a big TV screen in the centre and the next day loads of people met to watch TV, listen to the odd band and just enjoy the fact of being together.

I pray for the people with these extreme views, I presume that their forbears would have been the religious zealots of the reformation, burning as they went