jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Whats the religious view on Androgynies?

1. Rishy Rich profile image78
    Rishy Richposted 6 years ago

Religions promise a lot for its followers in the afterlife. It talks a lot about male's & female's rights. Does any major religion talks about the androgynies? What about their rights? Whats their place in a given religion?

For those who are not familiar with the term please take a look at this:

2. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 6 years ago

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
    For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
    KJV Gal 3:26-28

I think that bout sums it up!!!

I think male and female (gender) generally refers to physical... when we think of the afterlife it is spriritual! I don't think one's genitals matters when speaking of the spiritual afterlife!!

Rishy Richposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can attribute many verses vaguely not only to androgynies but also to other living & non-living beings like that if u want to i.e. For ye are all the children of God -> Donkeys, monkeys, aliens all can be considered as the Children of God.

My question was rather simple. Is there anything mentioned about androgynies & about their rights specifically? Cause many things are specifically mentioned to both males & females. Its not just about genitals. Personalities play the major role & its not physical.

1. hanging out profile image59
        hanging outposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Once again here is context context context... God is talking to human beings on earth... aliens (of which i do not believe in) are not what god is talking to, son (dunno son could be a term applied to humans)
        if you want a study in Children of God
        Children.... probably human, perhaps small and young but maybe older and unlearned in the things of God. NOT animals. I have never encountered anything that said a donkey was a child.
        Matthew 5:9   Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.  (peacemaker; probably not a donkey, human i suspect)
        Romans 8:16   The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: (human again)
        Galatians 3:26   For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. (donkey and monkeys, nor animals can have faith in God, human is my contextual guess)
        1 John 3:10   In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother. (human again)
        Safe to assume that your out of context guess is not according to the bible.
        Perhaps this is another example of things being said that are not according to the bible, as i have mentioned often, unbelievers say things that are not according to bible truths.
        have a nice day
        and remember context, context, context

1. libby101a profile image61
          libby101aposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely! I get tired of trying to explain the obvious! "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"!!!! I think some are standing knee deep in water but thirsting to death!!!

Big words libby, but nothing productive...Its a good quality of the theists though!

2. Rishy Rich profile image78

@ Hanging out

I dont get it in the first place why ur God is not ready to accept donkeys or monkeys as children?? Does he has issues with Animals? Aliens do have the ability to talk & I dont think Bible has restricted the gospels within this planet only!

In the other thread, when I mentioned the 'talking donkey'...u said it had enhanced abilities like Humans. If it is so, then why is not dat donkey considered as a children? Well, it could talk & might have been baptized too! Do u have any problem with animals too?

2. pylos26 profile image75
      pylos26posted 6 years ago in reply to this

How about Indians and say...Russians? Why aren't any of these included.  Obviously your material quoted is stupid.

3. Diane Inside profile image89
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

I always thought of androgyny and hermaphrodites as two different things.

androgyny being that of unsure identity, such as a girl who looks,dresses, or acts like a guy. So you are unsure of the sex. Which is a choice.

And Hermaphrodites have no choice, they are born that way, which is a developemental anomoly.

Never really thought of what their place is, except that it is the same as anyones, they are children of God.

God should have been more specific about them. He was specific about man & woman many many times.

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

If you read about Ancient Greece or India, you'll find that such things were accepted within various religions much more readily than now.  Some Native American tribes also were more accepting.

I was reading through the Platonic theory of Androgynies & it was quite interesting. Then it popped up in my mind what the Great religions of our time has to say about them. Searched through the net but didnt find anything special, just like I guessed.

5. Diane Inside profile image89
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

I remember a story my grandmother told me, She said years ago about 50 or so, my uncle who was born with a cleft palate had to go to the hospital in Louisville, Ky to have it repaired.  While she was there with him waiting in the waiting room.  A little  girl came up to her and just climbed up in her lap, so my grandma seeing that she was alone, just held her, comforted her, till the doctor came to get my uncle.  She inquired about the little girl, and found out the she was a hermaphrodite, and her parents just left her there to have a surgery.

She said she couldn't have been more that 2 or 3 years old, and her parents just left her there unattended. And didn't return.

She never found out anymore about the little girl because when she went back to see, she was gone. And the nurses didn't know where she went. 

My grandmother, said she always worried about that little girl.

6. kess profile image61
    kessposted 6 years ago

the natural mind can only relate and conclude to things in the natural way.

unlike the spiritual mind who knows all things.

in the spiritual there is only the male which is complete and contains its female.

only in the natural the female is separate from its male.

7. xobliam profile image60
    xobliamposted 6 years ago

Androgeny - blurring the line between the genders.

Such an interesting yet controversial topic.

Androgen is a steroid that stimulates the development of male characteristic. It is the opposite of estrogen which comes from the eostro term which refers to the potential of creating eggs or fertilizing oozos. ie, used in terms like salpingooozohisterectomy; aka, the big girl operation.

Poiesis...........the creation of something out of nothing.

Riddle...how do money printers, aka, boinkers ( investment bankers)looking to fornicate u on consent of their king explain reality......Answer.....Poiesis

There are all types of theories as to which came first the estrogen or the androgen; the seed or the fruit. It seems almost obvious that the seed comes from the spore which is reality in waiting.

My own opinion goes that there was a time not so long ago, but a very long time ago, when humans were neither male nor female.

A few years back hermaphrodites were only welcomed in circus acts along with giants, elfs, two-headed people, six toed people and such....vietnamese..pardon the arrogance...

Hermaphrodites are a strange breed and science is making headway in understanding this phenom of humanity. It is strange that DNA samples taken from the purest of hermaphrodites shows that it is nearly impossible to determine whether or not the specimen is male or female. This is true only of the purest bisexed person and or humanoids.

So, again IMO, androgeny is only a concept lost in time. The true nature of the beast is that we are a singularity and while we keep humans that are pure of form in circus like environments it is true only that 99.99 percent of the population of the House of Man has strayed far from the singularity factor.

If so.................we are fornicated upon consent of king....

If so................the next question is not so much...what is androgenous...it is who fornicated us in the first place...or who messed with the spore or egg.

We've been f-oozed.............

I see we have many similarities in thinking when it comes to Androgynies. I too was thinking the first humans could have been the androgynies which had healthy breeding capacity. Try Plato's theory of Androgynies, it talked a hell lot of things that u might like!

1. xobliam profile image60
        xobliamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Looked up Plato's symposium....interesting.