Your God...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (57 posts)
  1. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Do you think your God(s) would allow non-believers of your religion into Heaven?

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Non-believers are sent to hell to burn for eternity.

The problem is to decide which hell they'll be sent. Will it be Christian hell, Islamic hell or some other hell?

I visualize myself standing before the many gods that believers have created for themselves, all of them arguing and fighting over which hell I will be sent.

Meanwhile, I slip out the back with Hendrix, Morrison and Joplin for whiskey and beers. smile

1. luvpassion profile image63
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure there will be a special one for you Mr. Beelzedad, since you're so special. wink

Did you feel a great need to threaten me with a personal hell? Does it make you feel better to threaten others with your irrational beliefs?

Shameful.

1. Ruben Rivera profile image61
            Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually not hell just an empty place since he doesn't believe in anything, by the way your creation not anyone's.

Could you please translate that to the English language? I have no idea what you're talking about. smile

Of course you don't, you might when your time comes.

2. luvpassion profile image63

Oh yes I'm giddy about it I don't believe in hell, but you made the statement Non-believers are sent to hell to burn for eternity. So who threatened you.

Shameful...lol lol I was only kidding, you sound like a fuddy-duddy.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ena/lowres/enan31l.jpg

1. profile image52
              paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please make peace both of you and reconcile; it is not the end of the world yet

2. Beelzedad profile image59

You'll find most "fuddy-duddys" don't take kindly to being threatened, whether you say you're kidding or not. It's called respect. smile

1. luvpassion profile image63

If you don't believe in hell, how can you feel threatened by it? roll

Respect a person on an internet site who could be anything Mr. Dangerfield, I don't think so. wink

Threats from believers are real, despite the fantasies they rely on for their threats. Their threats have caused wars, which are also very real. smile

2. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is "A" God!
         Does anyone have a proper concept of who/what he/it is?

I don't think anyone does!
         SO ...   
         No one can answer your question with all certainty!

3. christiansister profile image61
      christiansisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a christian but not the traditional Christian. I did not learn my christianitity from church. I learned it from reading the Bible myself and have come to learn what christianity means from Jesus' point of view. Most Christians know what they hear at church and thats good enough for them.

But, it was not to me.  Too many unanswered and very onesided doctrines taught.  In my reading I have learned many things that were contrary to what I had been taught mostly having to do with things like drinking and smoking and other taboo's. 

But, one thing I do know in my heart is this not everybody is going to heaven. We were not intended to live in heaven, revelations tells us that there will be a new heaven and a new earth.  Some people will inhabit the new earth and some the new heaven (this will be made up of Jesus' government. 

Some people will be placed in the new heaven and some people will live on the new earth.  God, never intended for us to be floating around in Heaven.  There is live after this system.  My Bible also says that God judges a man according to his heart and God is Just in his judgement. And that in the End, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord (of the people).

Many Christians believe that they are the only ones who will see eternal life. My heart does not tell me this.  Many people who think they have it all figured out have squeezed God in this little box and have no clue what his Big Picture is.  I have addressed this in many different ways on my hubpages.

I think that only God knows how things will go. But, I feel so strongly in my heart that I am so greatful to be a Child of Grace. Because I accept Jesus now and I truly try to live according to Jesus' commands.  We are not to judge others. We are called to be compassionate, forgiving, longsuffering and loving too all people. 

We do not a have big enough perspective to see as God sees and we cannot make assumptions as to what will happen. Most Christians believe that The Bible in uncorrupted,  but the Bible tells us that in the endtime the truth will be hidden in the hearts of man. 

Also there was a special curse laid aside for anyone who changes the Word.  God does not set up curses for things that may happen. He already knows what is, and will happen. He does not make idle curses for just in case.  So this tells me that over time the truth will be lost and many men will be to blame. It will be a gradual change.  So with this in mind, we as Christians cannot truly answer this question.  I know this answer may offend many (hard-core ) Christians, and if that is the case I beg that you please pray and ask God show only truth. And start researching again.  Always in Truth, Love, and Peace.

4. Ruben Rivera profile image61

My God, source, creator would say. "ok since i gave you choice of freedom" then go where you want to go. Those who think hell exist and subconsciously believe their actions will take them there then may end up there.  Those who believe in heaven may end up in their heaven probably still afraid of heaven if they break the rules, atheist will probably end up nowhere just wondering " ok ok when do i wake up, enough blankness already"

Hilarious. The brain is dead, but atheists are still "wondering" LOL!

I know, just like when they declare someone brain dead and they come back. They're still hanging around, amazing huh.

Although atheist may take longer hanging around.

1. profile image52

May be the "Atheists" are already "brain dead" while they are still alive. They will, perhaps, awaken when the Creator-God Allah YHWH would resurrect them for the accountability in the  hereafter:

[36:53] They will say, ‘O! woe to us! who has raised us up from our place of sleep? This is what the Gracious God had promised, and the Messengers spoke the truth.’
            [36:54] It will be but one blast and lo! they will all be brought before Us.
            [36:55] And on that day, no soul will be wronged in aught; nor will you be rewarded but for what you used to do.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=52

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Interesting that you have to fabricate stories to make your point. Is that also part of your dreamworld? smile

It is part of it, real as the air I breathe.

Yes, I understand the dreamworld you've created is real, to you. But, it is irrelevant to reality.

If it is as real as the air your breathe as you claim, please present the facts, as it is no problem presenting the facts of the air you breathe.

I await your detailed explanation. smile

I don't need to present facts to you Sir, Are you the reality police, that is funny.

I await your explanation he says, wow get ahold of yourself man.

Giving you anything will neither make me a better or worse person, so again why are you trolling here man? haven't answered me yet.

2. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny! However this is abject conjecture, based on Nothing but hearsay and imagination.

an individual opinion i see shared by many does not mean it is truth of course

1. pylos26 profile image69
            pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tell that to the bible thumpers...dude.

5. kashmir56 profile image77
      kashmir56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, you must believe in order to be saved !

6. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do not have to be of one particular religion, it is Believe in God
      and entry through Jesus, by faith. So in answer to your question if some one did not believe in my Religion, it would not matter. But believe in God does matter, and only God judges that, not us.

many Religions including mine, take the scripture and change it to their interpretation of it.  Take Litterary liscense if you will. But there's- nor mine, is not the only way. 

The path is wide, the doorway narrow, through Jesus you enter. What you do along the way, baptism, deeds, works etc does not get you there exclusively.

7. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well sure. haven't you ever heard of REPENTING.  wink

8. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is a false notion to believe that such a large portion of mankind will be consigned to eternal torment based on the deceptions which they have fallen prey to. Rather, the ammount of glory which one obtains in the next life will be dependant on the ammount of light and knowledge one has received in this one. And that is based on their deeds, words, actions, integrity, faithfulness, love of others, etc.

2. profile image58
    HOLLYWOODHYPEposted 13 years ago

I think Stephen Hawking's already answered your question.  God, if he/she exists, is obsolete !

1. Merlin Fraser profile image61
      Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Steven Hawking said no such thing, what he said was that it is not necessary for God to be included in any equation for the creation of the universe.

Not quite the same thing....

1. profile image52

Would it mean that the process of creation is so automatic that one cannot perceive the hand behind doing all this?

I think what he meant was that Gravity is the main driving force in the creation of the Universe.
          and P-L-E-A-S-E.... Don't ask who provided the gravity !!!!

1. profile image52

I don't have to ask you; I already know that it is the pull of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; and everything is moving by His commandment and cannot be stopped by anyone except Him.

Ultimately everybody will reach Him:

[41:10] Say: ‘Do you really disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two days? And do you set up equals to Him?’ That is the Lord of the worlds.
            [41:12] Then He turned to the heaven while it was something like smoke, and said to it and to the earth: ‘Come ye both of you, willingly or unwillingly.’ They said, ‘We come willingly.’
            [41:13] So He completed them into seven heavens in two days, and He revealed to each heaven its function. And We adorned the lowest heaven with lamps for light and for protection. That is the decree of the Mighty, the All-Knowing.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … mp;verse=7

“I don't have to ask you; I already know that it is the pull of the Creator-God Allah.”

I'll let Steven Hawking know... the new name for God is  Gravity !

It never ceases to amaze me just how fast the religious mind jumps and changes claiming all facts as their very own.

You can't have it all ways, The old Testament, which you are suppose to hold as sacrosanct as the  WORD of your God  clearly states that in the beginning he created the Heaven and the Earth first and all that nonsense about “Let there be Light, all on the first day...”  Where did that light come from  if he didn’t come up with the sun and the moon till day three ?   And all of this without the slightest mention of gravity.

If you were the least bit sceptical, or realistic about all of this,  you might just ask yourself;  if  your God is so powerful and all knowing how come he got the order of the creation of our Solar system so wrong ?     

And if you still don’t get it,  The Sun, that big orange thing in the sky, is the source of our light, heat and life.  To get a separation of day and night the Earth has to rotate, to get the seasons the Earth has to orbit the Sun.   Don’t you find it even remotely strange that non e of this gets a mention in the Old Testament ?

1. profile image52

What is so wrong with the Solar system? Please

There is nothing wrong with the Solar system, what is wrong is how your God relayed it's creation to Moses so he could write it down.

Please go back and re read what I wrote... slowly this time...

1. profile image52

Genesis is not written by Moses.

Please read the thread; who wrote Genesis?

3. thirdmillenium profile image62
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

You can be sure that Jesus and Yawe will not discriminate agaisnt anybody. All will be given a chance to see the truth and then will be allowed. If they still do not believe, they will not got to hell. There is no hell. They will be dead for ever, that is all

4. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I think there is a provision under the word "Sabians":

[2:63] Surely, the Believers, and the Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians — whichever party from among these truly believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds — shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=59

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

There is only one God, although there are many religions, and yes... The Creative Energy will accept any soul back to its source, regardless of their belief or lack of. There is no heaven and hell, the way I see it. These are only emotional levels where one feels miserable or content. You can be rich and handsome, have everything in the world and still feel miserable. That's hell. On the other hand, you can have nothing and be happy with yourself. That's paradise! smile

6. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Why not add "what is wrong with my sandbagging."

1. chubatemjen profile image60
      chubatemjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is Hell??

7. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

There was a man at the airport who won a free roundtrip ticket to anywhere in the U.S.
    While standing at the line to get the ticket, he was undecided were to go.  The lady at the desk, suggests, going to New York, he says no, too many Catholics are there. She suggests, Los Angeles, he says, no too many Catholics are there. She suggests, Washington D.C., he says, no too many Catholics are there.

Growing impatient the  Nun who was in line behind him, interrupts him and suggests. "Why don't you go to hell, there are no Catholics there."

1. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By the way I am not Catholic, just thought you guys needed a good laugh. smile

2. Merlin Fraser profile image61

"Wanna Bet !!!"

What?

That there are no Catholics in Hell... Given their historical record the place must be full of them.  Or doesn't persecution and mass murder count if the Pope says it's OK ?

Dude, it was a joke, lighten up!

I guessed....!
              Just checking to see if I could wind you up a little bit... Was also wondering if the Nun could have suggested anywhere else...?

Well since I'm not Catholic, I don't know where they are not. However I do know where some of them are, and it is not church. But hey I'm not in church either, so can't say much.

8. jay_kumar_07 profile image58
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

your God.....
             YES

9. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

passrsuarey why do you put Allah and the jewish word for God;
    YAWH to-gether do you like Jews?? it was my understanding that Islam and the Jews were against each other, guess I was wrong Jews and muslims friends, I think not. Also your Allah is not my God and never wil be. You cannot speak for Christians or Jews only for Islam

1. profile image52

In anciet times; there was no frequetn communication between differen regions of the world. The Creator-God Allah YHWH revealed Himself to all the people; of course in their own languages, so they have different names depicting the same Creator; hence his different names. We Ahmadiyya believe in all those names.

I love Jews as I love Hindus,Buddhists,Christians, Sikhs, Zoroastrians; also the Atheists Skeptics Agnostics if they are not fanatics, most of the times they are though

10. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

heaven and hell are nice concepts..they are working since centuries and might keep working for another 500 years or so...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)