Was jesus gay?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (61 posts)
  1. spookyfox profile image60
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

I was bored and I thought there wasn't enough religious discussions here:)

The title is unrelated, just to catch your attention.

When asked about a belief or proof of such, a believer will quote their holy book and say "it's in the bible, it's the word of god, it is the truth, it is absolute."

When trying to point out the too common omissions by believers, an atheist will quote a passage (about slavery, murder, genocide, abuse, etc.) and say "it's in the bible!" A believer will reply: "It is out of context."

If something depends on context, it is relative, therefore, not absolute.

1. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Context is so very valuable and context is not relative, it is absolute because it narrows an otherwise wide area of misconception to a single, factoid. Context is what permits the bible to keep consistency. Context is a form of the glue that units the OT and NT together, because in everything the OT and NT are linked together. One cannot find a principle in either testament that is not confirmed from one to the other. The OT confirms the NT and the NT is backed up by the OT.
      Context, so sweet meshing the word of God into one completely perfect book.

don't even think of denying this truth. It is written i am not coming back to discuss it, email me if you think what you have to say is important lol.

spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please re-read what I wrote, you're confused. I said:

Something that depends on context is relative.

You said:

Context is absolute.

Context makes whatever needs to be put in context relative to the context. It doesn't matter if the context is absolute or not. And in fact, in this case, it isn't anyway! I'll put it in less abstract form to see if you understand better:

The bible says slavery is okay. That is a statement from the bible. The context of that is that at the time slavery was seen as a normal thing and had been so for ages.

See? The statement is what should be absolute, if the bible was the word of god. The context is here obviously not absolute, since the views on slavery have changed a lot, for better (at least that's what I feel, if god disagrees so be it). So what does this tell you? Should that statement be absolute, it'd still be true regardless of the context. But it isn't, and is no longer defended, because it is relative to the times. What happens is that it is disregarded as a matter of context.

"don't even think of denying this truth. It is written i am not coming back to discuss it, email me if you think what you have to say is important lol."

Please don't tell me what not to think, and don't ask me to e-mail you to compensate for your close-mindedness.

2. bayoulady profile image68
      bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Heavens!SpookyFox, You gotta be kidding. You said there  isn't enough religion discussion ? Huh?WHAT? Where have you been and what planet did you just float in from? LOL!!!!!!
      But I didn't come to discuss/debate anything. I just thought it was hilarious that you stated that ........."I was bored and I thought there wasn't enough religious discussions here:)"
      ....and felt like telling you so.............................because I am bored,too.

Yes, I was kidding. I was going to say it was sarcasm but I thought it was obvious =P

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think there's too much sarcasm.

3. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to ask the question I heard a comedian ask a long time ago...WHY DID JESUS HAVE ALL THOSE DICIPLES AND NO DICIPLETES?
      I HAVE TO SAY UHHMMMMM....

2. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

I think he was happy most of the time!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Happy?  The guy spent most of his life lost in the dessert and when he wasn't lost, he was living with knowing he was about to be executed. 

Happy?  NO, no, no, no, no.... lol

1. profile image61
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but he had more followers than Nellie Hoxie! smile

1. Friendlyword profile image61

WHY WERE THE PEOPLE HE FOLLOWED, ALL MEN AND BOYS?

2. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am with Logic....

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Trolling for attention? I can't prove you are and it's not in the Bible, but this is absolute -ly silly.

Just a decieving title, no intention of offending anyone. I don't mind silly.

4. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

One does not have to prove God exists! He exists if you believe or not! I don't believe God needs approval from anyone! You can believe however you want! That is one's right!

Peace to you!!!!

And Jesus was not Gay!

God will prove himself when time is up! That will be a revelationt to many!!!

Does that apply to Zeus and Osiris as well?

1. libby101a profile image59
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only if that is what you want spookyfox!

5. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

*Bringing my sling chair, popcorn and scorecard, waiting for the show to begin*

1. profile image0

I got ice cream!

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

....i'm ready...there's room to share here too....but the popcorn's going fast.....

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/eatingpopcorn.gif

6. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

You guys are making me hungry!!!!

7. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Where are the Christians?
    Where is the outrage?

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think they lost to the Lions!

2. spookyfox profile image60

I wish I knew. I rather popcorn and ice cream than outrage though.

3. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL
      as if this merits any sort of reply.. is jesus gay, lol.
      actually there are two answers to this question:
      1) the word gay had another meaning centuries ago, it meant happy. Yes jesus was happy, more like joyful since joy is a gift of the Spirit and surpasses happiness.
      2) NO

and there you have it.
      have a nice day

Just out of curiosity, is there any empirical evidence (since you're so fond of it) that Jesus had a sexual prefference for women?

1. profile image0

never mind... maybe what I was going to say would actually be offensive. lol

Now  I'm curious, you have to say it tongue

4. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How disappointing, they are rising above it. I just hate it when they do that.

5. Woman Of Courage profile image62
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why would the christians start a outrage? Jesus was not gay.I hope you all enjoy your icecream and popcorn while waiting on the fireworks.

8. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

No!

9. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Is this a topic at all? May be it is a joke
    Ok here goes, hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahha
    The next joke:
    Was Jesus a peacock?

1. profile image0

No but I bet he used one of his own. lol

10. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Dear friends
    JESUS blood is different & peculier.All other messengers are equal to ours.So the nature of blood of jesus is the main roll to complete the task for us.

Only the peculier blood has the cabability to get all spritual gifts [i.e miracle operation,Holy speech,knowing of future Etc]
    That is why GOD prefers jesuss holy birth for us.

In this world nobody is having all spritual Gifts.
    Sombody can speak spritual knowledge
    somebody can done miracle
    sombdy can tell future correctly
    etc.

1. Friendlyword profile image61

WHAT???

11. Antecessor profile image68
    Antecessorposted 13 years ago

Jebus Didn't exist, so he couldn't have been gay.

I'll tell you who is gay in the Babble though.

King David.

Read about him havin a full on sexual encounter with Sauls son Jonathon. They take off their garments and embrace, while telling each other how much they love each other. Meanwhile the Homophobic Saul chased David off cause he was subverting his son to Homosexuality. Well Technically David was Bi.

Oh and Paul was totally a homosexual, he made multiple references to this, saying that god had given him a thorm of the flesh to deal with, and that he couldnt have a wife.

Nothing wrong with homosexuality though, and if paul wasnt such a self hater who couldnt come to terms with his homosexuality, then christianity propably wouldnt be condembing it today.

LOLS.

12. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Sex was the last thing Jesus must have thought about.

The Scriptures tell us that Jesus became a man (human flesh) in order to redeem mankind.  1 Timothy 2:5-6.    We are also told in Heb. 2:14-17 that Jesus became human, "took on him the seed of Abraham" and was "made like unto his brethren, and that he was tempted along human weaknesses."  And in Hebrews 7:26 we're told he was "undefiled and separate from sinners."

So because Jesus was originally a spirit being and then became a human man in order to sacrifice his life for mankind, he had the right to marry.  However, since his sole purpose was to accomplish God's will, to provide a ransom, why would he distract himself with marriage?  Heb. 10:9 says that Jesus came "to do thy will, O God."

We are also told that when Christ's kingdom is established on earth in due time, Jesus will be the "Father" of the race when they are resurrected. (Isaiah 9:6)  In redeeming mankind, he will be symbolically a "Second Adam," the father of the race,  1 Corinthians 15:45, "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [Jesus] was made a quickening [life-giving] spirit."  If Jesus is to be the father of the race, it doesn't make sense that he would marry a woman in his eartly life and then later he would be considered her "father" in the resurrection.

Also, we know Jesus had to die and be resurrected, which is contrary to Dan Brown's book.  1 Corinthians 15:14, "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain."

There is nothing in the Bible which teaches that Jesus married.  It is relying on outside sources, which I believe are false and unreliable.  Jesus came to earth as a human being for one sole purpose:  to sacrifice his life in order to redeem mankind.  He gave up his earthly rights as a perfect human man (including marriage) in order to provide a ransom.  Because of that, he was resurrected to a spiritual divine nature.  In due time, he will establish his kingdom on earth as well as heaven (Matt. 6:10) and with his spiritual bride (the church), he will bless the world of mankind.

Jesus didn't need an earthly bride because the Scriptures speak of the fact that he will have a spiritual bride, the church.  The church are faithful Christians who follow Christ's example of giving up their will to do God's will unto death.  It would be inconsistent for Christ to take an earthly bride when we are told that he is espoused and waiting for a spiritual marriage.  2 Cor 11:2, For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

1. Antecessor profile image68
      Antecessorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did jesus have a penis?

Did jesus ever get stiff or was he divinely impotent?

Did jesus have balls with semen in them?

Did semen ever come from his balls out of his penis from say wet dreams?

If not, then how did the semen ever get replaced, semen has a short shelf life, if jesuses semen was never ejeculated then it would ROT IN HIS BALLS.

For wet dreams to occur them jesus would have had to have a dream, either about women, men or animals, what did jesus dream about?

I am going to ask a Q about this.!!!!

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Frivolity can be answered frivolously bu I had better not

1. chubatemjen profile image61
          chubatemjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He lived , experienced and walked amongst Men though He was the son of God. He lived the life..God amongst men...He said "Follow Me".."I am the Good Shepherd"..Live a life worth Living..!

2. johnorton profile image60
        johnortonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

totally bull s**t...You dont have right to ask these stupid things for  Jesus.  This is sure that he was a human being and he have all things who have any man. ...

13. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Ok children thats enough , shut that thing off and go play outside for a while.......

14. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Yeah OK, I get the title here was just to grab everyone's attention.  I'm a little bit sorry about that cause I thought for once, these religious threads would have something new or insightful to offer. 

When I was growing up and going to Catholic school, Jesus transended sexuality. It was something he was beyond and I don't believe it was ever mentioned. 

But since you put your foot into it by asking the question, what do you think?  You must have given it some thought to even ask the question. 
    Personally, I don't mind Jesus being gay, but I'd rather he was bi.  It just seems more fair that way.

I don't care who or what Jesus fancied. Every time I imagine him he's around 30 years old, because that's usually the way he's portrayed. I have no idea what he said and did when he was a teenager, let alone his private thoughts at the time. But I really doubt his hormones had 0 influence on his thoughts and body.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

he seems to get portrayed as asexual

15. Master Life profile image60
    Master Lifeposted 13 years ago

Jesus was gay meaning He was happy but no He wasn't homosexual.  God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Jesus did have 2 father though...

16. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 13 years ago

people are so gross .... I mean really .... why do people constanly worry about others sex lives ... even if Jesus was Gay it's really none of my business .... but I think God created Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve smile

Poor Steve sad No one cares about him.

17. J.R. Smith profile image59
    J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

anyone care that homosexuality is not only condemned religiously, but biologically as well? There is a plethora of christian-bashing anti-religionists on this site, how do they feel about nature being against their liberalism? As for Jesus being gay, come on, you don't even believe that.

Nature against liberalism, Nature condemning something? What?

2. Friendlyword profile image61

True...back in the day, when all men had boys and ten wives, they called it something else I guess.

18. J.R. Smith profile image59

the laws of nature are against homosexuality.

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i dont have any stake in the matter, but i once did a hub on "penis fencing" something i thought was funny that slugs do.

in the process i discovered that ALL of our closest genetic matches including the animals that are considered the most intelligent (bonobos, dolphins etc.) love to love each other. Gender isnt an issue.

the laws of nature seems to be get off on anything that will let you.

you must not own any animals if you didnt already realize that.

if homosexuality only pertains to same sex , sexual activity than nature is against you - if homosexuality is same sex "love" - then i know of no way to prove or disprove that statement

1. J.R. Smith profile image59
        J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's hilarious!Perhaps we should make penis-fencing a sport. Of course, you know animals know no better. We should put ourselves beyond. But aren't those acts possessive and integral in establishing dominance in the beast world? My only point was that biologically we aren't made for homosexuality. As for Jesus being surrounded by men, one should explore the role of women in biblical society. They were often stoned for speaking to men without the presence of their husband. Plus, Jesus was sinless, and homosexuality was indeed a sin.

2. spookyfox profile image60

Nonsense. Nature is indifferent.

"Nature don't care. Nature just is."

19. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Well his disciples were all men, so he probably had one big gang bang and then performed his magic tricks with his one eyed fish fillet.

20. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

"But aren't those acts possessive and integral in establishing dominance in the beast world?"

with the dolphins and bonobos its usually just for fun - although mounting is def a dominance behavior with many other species

1. J.R. Smith profile image59
      J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps biology is bi.

21. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years ago

According to apocryphal texts, Jesus loved and impregnated Mary Magdalene. Regardless of how believers feel about this theory, I would take that as a click on the "not gay" side. Zeus, on the other hand, was a total closet case.

22. J.R. Smith profile image59

according to the real bible he was in control of his flesh and that he was to give his life for his "bride", the church. doesn't get clearer than that. It seems the accusers would have to fabricate some proof of his homosexuality, but proof isn't often their strong suit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)