If you trapped a thief what will you do?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Olorunlanaposted 13 years ago

The devil is a spiritual thief do you know that?

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I trapped a burgler in my house, I'd punch his lights out.

Much of the church thnks the Devil is some character than can steal from them by causing their washing mashine to pack up, their car to crash, or leave them with a drawer full of odd socks. Bizarre.

2. proton66 profile image63
      proton66posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simply tie the violator's feet and hang him upside down. If that is too much, still rope the crazy up and have your dog sit next to the intruder then call the cops. Attempt not to be physically abusive.

3. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know him, hes the boss at my day job

2. Rajab Nsubuga profile image59
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

If he came in through the window, I would let him out through the door!

3. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Hit him on the head with my vacuum cleaner stick.

4. profile image0
    TransScribblerposted 13 years ago

In this country, I would be arrested for false imprisonment, and the thief would get 2 hours community service. Yep, I am afraid that is how our "system" works in Australia.

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

same here in US Trans, if he lives to testify that is!   lol

I'd just wrap him in a big hefty bag and  burry him in the back yard at night when nobody was around.

5. Joe Badtoe profile image59
    Joe Badtoeposted 13 years ago

I'll tell you a true story;

Years ago I used to live in a small coastal town. It was a small town and anyone with a bit of character stood out amongst the dreariness. One such character was a madman who's name I forget. The madman's naeighbours were going away on holiday and they asked mr mad if he would keep an eye on thier house for them and he obliged.

A couple of nights later mrs mad woke up mr mMad and said she could hear noises next door. Mr mad uses the back door key given to him by the neighbour to let himself in. He tiptoed upstairs to find a burglar filling a rucksack with goodies.

Several minutes later the burglar left the house with a bloody nose and completely nude. Madman insisted that was the compromise if he didn't want the police involved. The burglar also agreed to having his picture taken whilst naked so that it could be posted up on the wall of the local bar.

The burglar was never seen again.

6. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Just club him with a baseball bat a couple of times, at least until he had 3 strikes!

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And definitely not able to do a home run smile

7. xobliam profile image60
    xobliamposted 13 years ago

That's a loaded question bent on starting a religious argument but I'm going to bite anyways.

Doing something about a thief is not so simple in this world of judges and lawyers and of people who would never think twice about bringing someone to court to sue the bucks out of them.

There was a fine example of this in the news just a few days ago when a guy ran after a person who'd stolen from him.

He caught up to him but when the law got into it the innocent guy is the one who was looking at the judges gavel.

Where was your god then.......

The thief didn't have the stolen goods on him....possession is nine tenths of the law, and the store owner paid the piper.

The law is secular with the occasional cop who carries a symbol of religion on the trigger of his gun. More often than not secular law is so mixed into religion that it is a mixed bag  full of riddled blessings for the devil....

It's all part of that thing that goes on about "even the elect will be deceived " stuff........

.......dang that blondepoet is cute....

8. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

jump to last post 1-12 of 12 postsIf you trapped a thief what will you do?

I will call the police and let him handle with him.

1. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes paar call the police, after all the thief will wait for the police to arrive because you told him to wait. In australia you might as well let him go because you cannot hurt the thief, you cannot bash him or tie him up, that is against the thiefs PERSONAL freedom, besides the thief may have a Gun or other wepon, because Honest people are not allowd to have Guns, only the crim's, and besides he might be ( horror of horrors) of midle eastern origins, so his friend is with him and most likely they wil be armed.If it was my house, he will not walk out alive, because I can carry a Gun, (legally) and he will never rob another. After all a dead man cannot tell any lies.

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep... if they break in your house... they've put themselves at risk and you! Enter at your own risk!! LOL...

2. A la carte profile image60
      A la carteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree Parr...no medals for dead heroes. If you decide to tackle then if you use excessive violence then you can get sued so better to leave it to the police.

9. Ign Andy profile image56
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

Why everybody always call the thief "him" smile
    I'll hit him with baseball bat and put him in the trunk, just like DeNiro style in the movie.

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image59
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because it is always him in the movies.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)