I hate this forum

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (72 posts)
  1. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I believe you should keep your beliefs to yourself and do away with this forum because it causes nothing but fighting for some stupid reason!!!!!!!

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i disagree. although forums get a bit hectic sometimes.  its a good chance to meet other hubbers, and exchange ideas with them.  maybe even learn some of their secrets.  heck, some of the closest friends i've made in my life, i've met through forums here. i know that sounds sad, but it's the truth.  therefore, i don't agree with your idea.  plus, how else would people be able to promote their hubs in the hubmob and hub challenges?  smile

2. profile image0
      swordofgideonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

where without the salt does the meat spoil,so shall it be unto the earth where in the day that the salt  is taken from it,their shall be a fester upon the whole earth such as the world has never known ,and your greatest  cities shall be a dung hill,and they shall be places for serpents and scorpions rail not against the spirit of the lord, for your judgement is upon you where their is no escape.shalom

3. Bibowen profile image87
      Bibowenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you really believe that? You think that everyone should keep their beliefs to themselves? Why don't you set the example and start doing that right now?

4. profile image49
      lwy7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Joe Badtoe profile image59
        Joe Badtoeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kmacke

If you believe what you started doesn't that make you a control freak  who would rather shut off other people's beliefs and listen to opposing views?

It's your way or the highway eh? I imagine you probably protested about certain governments behaving in the same censored way.

Your ideaology needs working on.....

5. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

*tip-toes in....grabs Kmackey by the hand and drags her out of this forum*

Pssssst......let's go to another forum and then we don't have to worry about what this forum is doing.  smile

6. kmackey32 profile image64

LMAO I started it didnt I??????????

7. KCC Big Country profile image85

I hate to say it....but.....yeah ya did.  smile  Now....RUN!!!!!

8. kmackey32 profile image64

For real, I think hubpages should elliminate it. there is nothing but fighting here. i have always believed to each there own but why fight about it. I dont understand.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was where u are now.
        ...........................? what to do?
        they enjoy arguing. you'll see. don't join in cuz they know each other and you might get "yelled at" in the chaos! lol

1. YU_First 1 profile image60
          YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you can't beat them, join them, hey...

9. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I actually agree, but not because I think there should be no religious forums. It just serves no purpose on a writer site.

Most writer sites or ones that let you make money on their site have a forum. The whole point of each forum is to help the people writing and working on the site.

It should be about helping newbies, how to make more money, tips and writing tricks and so on.

Maybe have a little "hanging out" forum for a little friendly talk. But religion and politics have no place in this type of forum.

You can find thousands of those types of forums where they belong, on,,,,,, duh,,,,,religion and politics sites.

...let them play a little!

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, ...lol

10. KCC Big Country profile image85

I think they all mean well, KMackey.  People can really be passionate about their beliefs and many (not all) feel obligated to share their beliefs.  If you truly believe "to each his own" then you have to also allow them to behave the way they want.  That includes fighting in this forum.

Now.....let's go.  LOL

11. kmackey32 profile image64

Right on Bill, I usually pass over the religious forums cuz there just gay but tonight I had to post this one... lmao

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's because you've evidently got your fiesty britches on.  smile

2. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now I know you didn't really mean to use the word "gay" in that context and that you must be aware of how offensive that is to a very large segment of the population.  The word you were looking for is stupid, right?

12. kmackey32 profile image64

Now Kcc to you, when i said to each there own, I ment its ok to have there own beliefs but not to fight over someone elses beliefs... I love you!!!!!!!

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL.....I love you too, gf.   It's nice to see you having fun for a bit.

13. kmackey32 profile image64

OMg how did you know.... they are actually skeleton britches.... Whoohoooo.....lmao

14. Mighty Mom profile image79
      Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Compared to other writer habits we could indulge arguing on the forums is not going to lead us to jail or the cemetary (at least I HOPE not!).
      Besides, this is (or can be) a great proving ground for being able to articulate an argument and write persuasively.
      In short, I think these forums serve a useful purpose.

15. kmackey32 profile image64

I love you Mighty Mom.....

16. kmackey32 profile image64

See i dont argue here... nope never

17. kmackey32 profile image64

no arguing aloud here.... lol

18. xobliam profile image60
      xobliamposted 13 years ago

It has always been said that religion and politics don't go hand in hand with peace and harmony..

Here's plan A

First you do away with this forum
      Then you do away with politics
      Finally you do away with religion

Then you have a perfect world...many not in that order

Plan B

Accept that if the House of Hub is really a family then there nothing here than in most families....i personally can't stand my siblings and they can't stand me.

Welcome to hell.

1. xobliam profile image60
        xobliamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

most rephrase...

there is nothing different here than in most family surroundings

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  re plan b and welcome to hell!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

group hug????????? lol

3. YU_First 1 profile image60

hear hear

19. kmackey32 profile image64

Ok not arguing but confused. I confuse easily.... lol

20. kmackey32 profile image64

pssssss. I also pass over politics forums too... lol

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too cos I don't understand politics. Don't have time to watch news..

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
          schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey wink we been writing bout you in the poem thread smile

Eek eek Im heading over

21. kmackey32 profile image64

ahhhhhh... somewayouttahere, i love u too... lol

22. kmackey32 profile image64

Yup Kcc, remember when I would pop in and have fun and night? Teehee im back.. lol

23. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i try not to take 'most' of it seriously...that's the trick...sometimes i learn sumthin'....like what'd i learn today....god's a woman....and i'm sinnin' when i have sex without being married...that's why it feels so good! lol

1. xobliam profile image60
        xobliamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you have sex....u lucky sinner u....what did i miss today ????? neutral

24. MPG Narratives profile image59
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

I'll join in the group hug"big_smile

To each their own, if they want to fight let them, just stay out of their discussions. Live and let live, I say.

25. kmackey32 profile image64

I love you too MPG.... Ahhhh group hug!!!!! lol

26. Mighty Mom profile image79
      Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I love you too, kmackey! And I love your new avatar, too!
      We can always hang out in the Hubbers' Hangout.
      Hardly ever see any catfights over there!

I too love your new avatar Mighty Mom :-)

27. KCC Big Country profile image85

uh oh

28. kmackey32 profile image64

Somewayoutta here, your right though GOD is a woman!!!! And dont forget that.... lmao

29. xobliam profile image60

now my brethrens an' sisterns you have me toadally confused since you say the lard is a she...another thread in the religion section asks whether Jesus was a sexual being and someone else told me that JC is the lard.....

If JC is the lard and the lard is g-d and gadd is a she then i would estimate that she is he and he might be having sex....or she might be having sex....now we know that somewhyoutta here is having sex outside of marriage and I'm not...so somewayoutta might be the lard but he ain't a she....i suspect....

This is almost convincing me that this lard guyrl is an hermaphrodite of some sort.....

I'm toadally whacked on this one.....
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3931231.jpg

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

lol lol.....god/gaad/allah is a woman...that's all you have to remember....and me, i'm just me....sometimes i look like a man, but i feelz like a gurrrlll....and i like sex with men, how's that?...and i sin lots!!!!!

hell yea!...'bout the sinnin'...

yea...let's go shoppin'...i need a new pair of leather boots - nice high ones - red would be nice!

Later all...!  ....group hug again!...thanks for the laugh!  Hope you cheered up there  KM!

30. KCC Big Country profile image85

Screw the news....let's go shopping!

Amen to that....

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee232/kungbj/shopping_online.jpg

1. MPG Narratives profile image59
          MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're my best friend now blonde....

Til the end.........

31. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years ago

See, now, that pic is so indicative.  I never will understand you ladies - always shopping, but just for rags.  You never shop for the fun things (like power tools) or the interesting things (like power tools) or even for the useful things (like power tools).  You never even go in a store with power tools!

I just don't get it.

1. MPG Narratives profile image59
        MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

power tools rock! big_smile Just ask my husband. lol

32. xobliam profile image60

What they have in those bags are power tools that they use to control guys like you....like the red wig and green dress that blond poet wears on occasion lol

33. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 13 years ago

people need to argue, fight it out, maybe come back as something else.  A hub cleanse every now and again is a good thing.  Stull left with the good stalwart hubbers,  i would miss the forums, my friends hang out there.

34. libby101a profile image59
      libby101aposted 13 years ago

I think if we would all respect other's beliefs it would be a much better place. One doesn't have to actually respect the belief but respect the person who holds the belief!!

If everyone, on all sides, would comment without having to use names or say a person has a low IQ for his or her beliefs! I believe we have some very educated folk on both sides of the fence here. I believe adults should be able to carry on debates without acting as thought they're a higher being for their beliefs!

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well said libby...i agree with you totally...

2. Joe Badtoe profile image59

rubbish

stoke up the fire of insults and let the sparks of ridicule rain upon the heads of the self righteous. A tepid argument is just lame. Light the debate up and find ingenious ways to insult an opposer of your views without swearing at them or questioning their personal habits.

Respect??? You see  you've started you're own fire here libby. If someone advocates death by stoning or capital punishment or being pro war how on earth do such views command respect?

Life isn't all I'm ok you're ok sadly  and debates will always be fiery as long as either side are at extremes of opinion. And when the logic tank is empty insults are sometimes all you have.

As for the whole low IQ thing I'm sorry but given some of the out there views on religious forums I think the questioning of intellectual capability is a fair one to ask.

I find it interesting that the folk who don't want to get involved in these debates are happy to have come on here and have a moan about them. Why bother?

This is a general response to several people not a personal attack on you libby.

1. libby101a profile image59
          libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand what you are saying! However, I disagree to put every christian in a category with those who are put others down. It is utterly wrong. There are christians who do not bash others unless they are hard pressed into a corner. I, myself, when I first came here was called names and such simply for being a christian. I, understand, there are some who deserve such a bashing...but some christians are peaceful and give respect and would like respect in return!

I do not advocate stoning of anyone or death. And I surely don't think war is peaceful or a good thing!

Just because there are some fanatics doesn't mean all in a group are!

I respect other's religions or beliefs... but as anyone will do if someone lashes out at me for no reason I will return fire because who would back down from a call out?

One thing that really bothers me is if someone starts a thread and asks a question... such as what is your belief about something... and you state your belief because that was the question asked... there will be some that will call you names for saying yes you believe in Jesus or whatever!

I feel like some are biased of all for the sins of some.

It's the hamsters wheel libby we're all on it!

Some fanatical religous people are bigots and they attack non believers and the consequence of this is that non believers go on the attack themselves and so it goes....

Being a christian can mean different things to different people. I've always had the belief that you don't have to shout about being a christian, you don't have to go to church to prove you're a christian and you don't have to wear a badge.

A true christian makes no judgments on people based on skin colour, culture, creed, status or other religion. The just accept people for who or what they are and have no desire to change those people.

True christians just do good things and let others praise them.

And really libby if you let those who doubt the whole chrisitianity thing bother you then you need to adopt a more 'so what' attitude. You have your faith others don't share it does it matter?. You can't beat them and they can't beat you.

There's no need to keep quoting the bible as backup for your beliefs if you truly believe in god that's good enough for you. Shouting how you feel from the rooftop will always split opinion.

'Backing down from a call out' that's a whole new world and a bigger hamsters wheel libby.

It doesn't bother me what other's believe! It's their business! I have never judged people for their beliefs. I don't have to agree with someone to respect them.

Oh it doesn't bother me if people doubt my beliefs... for it is my belief not theirs.

I do agree with what you are saying... nobody wins in these forums when it comes to believers and non-believers... it's back and forth until somebody get's tired and leaves! One should never try to force their beliefs on another!

I do disagree a little with part of your post.. I think one should be proud of their beliefs...but with that they shouldn't shove it down other's throats or  feel superior for that belief!

But, for the most part, I agree with your post!

Peace!!!

People can be just as proud of their non beliefs too!

Thanks for the debate libby - enjoy your life

Peace right back!!

Enjoy yours too!

2. profile image51
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One can understand

3. profile image51

I agree with libby

35. CASE1WORKER profile image62
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

sanity and tolerance- not often found on the religion and philiosphy forums

1. profile image51

I think it is possible

36. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3932925_f248.jpg

37. Karanda profile image80
      Karandaposted 13 years ago

Yes, group hug all round is needed. Remember, we are all writers and here for the common cause, aren't we?

Yes, the forums can be nasty, vindictive and a downright curse for the uninitiated. But be brave. Look, read, learn and try your hand at some postings. Personally I love the banter that comes from well thought out questions.

The responses may not always be to your liking but that is what interaction with other people and their individual personalities is all about.

Most of all, try not to take it personally and you'll do fine.

38. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I hate this forum

Maybe one hates because one is a hatemonger.

1. skipper112 profile image61
        skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

gee what a 'good answer' such reason, if you hate this forum why take part in something you hate!!!!!

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
          Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy the conversations I take part in around here. It is by exanging ideas that we learn. I fear neither ideas or knowledge. An intelligent snippet in the middle of a full blown bashing of the other side still gives me the oppurtunity to learn something. Kind of like panning for gold, you gotta search long and hard to find them nuggets.

Besides if I wanted to be surrounded by people that thought the same way about everything that I do, I would simply join a church. No chance of finding an original thought there now is there? Most are at least 2000 years old.

39. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

If the kitchen is too hot for you, get out of the kitchen!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)