jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)

Defending Jesus and bible

1. pisean282311 profile image58
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

why do people out here try to defend jesus..Now those who believe in Jesus consider him as god..So how does it matter whether any non believer says anything about jesus..since jesus is god?..Does it make any difference to jesus?..similarly if bible is word of god..it needs no defense?..Is it personal ego which makes people defend it or is it emotional attachment or anything else?..What do you guys think?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are right Pisean  Jesus does not need defending  and that to from powerless people like us....  I believe and there fore I speak.... that is a quote from the Word of God!!
      Bye!!

1. 69
        paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Christians did not defend Jesus when he was put on the Cross; they all fled away scared.

May be it is like that

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

what did you expect from follower of christ?..christ was non violent preacher..If his supporters took weapon in their hands that would have defeated purpose of christ's teaching...

2. thooghun profile image85
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

As you say, it is an introverted defense in that ultimately people will will defend their beliefs and interprations because they are a functional part of their day-to-day. It is no different than anything else really.

In a sense, Jesus' death required a certain brutal and indifferent nastiness in order to make the point that it does -- it also shows that he certainly did not feel that he needed to be defended. He reminded his apostles repeatedly on their lack of courage and faith (Peter's denial, Judas' betrayal e.t.c) and if you believe in the bible (I'm an atheist, but have read the bible a number of times), to me, it seems evident that the apostles were  like tools that served as parables and lessons of their own.

3. kess profile image59
    kessposted 6 years ago

If an idolater is worshipping his false god, how would he react when told of his idolatry?
    especially when he wil not hear you?

you see his false belief is already established to himself as truth.

you likewise should examine your own belief to get rid of all falseness and ignorance.

Those who are false can usually point out the falseness of thier opposition far easier than their own,  thus their own ignorance remains.

But when you have gain freedom from ignorance and falseness, you are then able to see the purpose of their false belief, and you would not be overly critical although you can be.

i am not getting what you are saying..you mean christ followers worship false god or do you mean others worship false god ..please elaborate...

1. kess profile image59
        kessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you have missed the point.

that is what i am asking you to elaborate my friend..

2. kess profile image59

there is some truth to christian, religion and atheistics belief. but also there is false.

all one can and should do is rid himself of all the falsness within himselces.

the more false is removed from yourseld then you would be able to see life which make good use of the false for its purpose.

wow..nice thought man..i agree...

2. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Examining yourself will never get rid if falseness nor ignorance. You cannot measure yourself by yourself. You have to measure yourself to an outside scource of truth and knowledge, (IE a standard) so that your flaws will be shown up.

Jesus IS that standard, and none of us measure up. So there will always be some ignorance and falseness in all of us.

1. kess profile image59

what then else can I say,
        this kind of thinking is what perpetuated falsness in all men.

you look to jesus and compare yourself to him, now because he is absent thus you have created an idol out of neccessity.

i am cool with that, for there is a good purppse for you to fulfill through your false belief.

by the way jesus taught his deciples all these things and thoigh you read it you are constantly missing it.

1. aka-dj profile image80
          aka-djposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So, what you are saying is that you are your own god.
          You are your own standard.
          Just about every atheist here does the same thing. I set my own rules, and as long as keep them, I'm OK.
          That my friend is falseness, and idolatry.

1. kess profile image59

i will leave you to others christians to critisize your false statement.

as Jesus said it 'let the dead bury their dead'

why so much emphasis on false?

3. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you actually realize you could just as easily be talking about yourself? smile

4. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

kess wrote:

you likewise should examine your own belief to get rid of all falseness and ignorance.

Those who are false can usually point out the falseness of thier opposition far easier than their own,  thus their own ignorance remains.

But when you have gain freedom from ignorance and falseness, you are then able to see the purpose of their false belief, and you would not be overly critical although you can be.
    - - - - - -

I have noticed that whenever I recognize a fault in another; I can usually see that I too am guilty of that same fault even though it may be in a different area of my life  OR  in a lesser degree (at least in my mind)

Many claim that love of money is the root of all evil. 

If it is, then I would say that "Self Justification" would have to be close second.

working