jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Does this fit George Bush Jr. and Daddy?

1. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider to be God-fearing and pious."
    -- Aristotle, 343 B.C.

If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier -- so long as I'm the dictator.
    --George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.
    -- George Bush Sr., to a reporter in 1988

2. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

Why no takers on this one?
    I think it fits dad and son!

3. b. Malin profile image60
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

Officially hard on Bush Bushes wouldn't you say?   Are you saying if a President, in office shows he is religious, that he must be some kind of hypocrite..or a Tyrant?  I found them both to be patriotic gentlemen, who truly cared about this country and what we stood for.  But hey, that just my opinion

To say, no mistakes were made would be naive.  But on the other side...I don't feel an Atheists would be a bad President, as long as he kept our countries best interests, and welfare at heart.  As long as a person is QUALIFIED that is what is important. 

If you remember your history...John Kennedy almost was not elected because he was a Catholic, and it was feared the Pope would influence him...which of course did not happen.

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Malin:
      "The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
      In the end, Religion will kill us all."
      This is a quote and I can't remember who said it...but oh so true.
      The fanatically involved Bush's fit right into the intent of this quote.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So, what if it does? Would you rather die for something you believe in or for no reason at all?

I'm no fan of the Bush family but religious fanaticism is not something I would associate with them.  Aligning themselves whit the religious right was a political strategy that they had to play into.  The Bush's are more concerned with money, power, and influence, influence that has only been attained by a handful of families in the World.

1. qwark profile image59

Richard:
          Lol ..silly boy!
          I want to die of old age having enjoyed a life never having been jeopardized by the religious or the seekers of power and control.
          "... but religious fanaticism is not something I would associate with them." Then you'd better study the history of the Bush's. They are very religious.

"The Bush's are more concerned with money, power, and influence, influence that has only been attained by a handful of families in the World."
          This is very true. They are one of the most deceitful, power hungry American families.

4. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

qwark  wrote 
    "The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.

- - - - - - - -

Do you REALLY  believe that ??  Surely NOT ???

I think that it has more to do with someone wanting to have a larger empire.

And someone else not wanting to give up what they have.

But you keep on spreading hate why don't cha. 
    Then blame it on religion, vegetables, or even squirrels if ya want to.

5. b. Malin profile image60

Tell me why you are so angry...Bush has not been in office for two years.  We are now fighting another WAR with this President and our young men and women are still fighting and dying.  Is that right?  Why are you giving this President a pass?  War at any cost is HELL, but there has to be an answer, otherwise they all died in vane...

1. qwark profile image59

WEll Malin, I think you should take some time and study the history of the Bush's and of G.Bush jr's 8 years In office.
      Seems ya haven't been paying attention..tch tch

6. b. Malin profile image60

Well his first four years were pretty good...that second four he proved to be liberal in his spending.  But again...why are you so ANGRY and really at WHO...maybe YOURSELF for reasons unknown.
    No matter who runs the country...it's you that determine your life, and what you think, say, or do.  I wish for you a Happy life...you sound so bitter.  LET THE BUSH CRAP GO!  Find a good cause, that you can give all that energy too...and you might be saying..."HEY MALIN THIS WORKS FOR ME,THANKS!"

1. qwark profile image59

Malin:
      Why do you "presume" I'm "angry?
      I'm disgusted!
      How in the world can a people be so easily duped?
      "When you're born in the world you're given a ticket to the freak show; when you're born in America you're given a front-row seat."
      -- George Carlin
      Of course the christians and the oil industry put this joker in office...he was not elected!
      If you haven't studied this ignorant man's life and the arrogancy of his 8 years in office, the absolute dedication to the oil industry...ya gotta read more.
      http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm

working