Religious extremism has no place in society

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

LONDON, 11 October 2010

The Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat, Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad has repeated his call for Muslims the world over to show loyalty to their respective countries. In a speech delivered before thousands of Ahmadi Muslims in London he said that love and loyalty to one’s country was a fundamental principle of Islam. His Holiness also spoke with regret about the widespread problems faced by Pakistan. He said the fundamental cause for its current state was a failure to maintain a separation of religion and State. In particular, extremist elements had permeated all segments of society.

https://www.alislam.org/egazette/press- … -of-islam/

1. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Islamic extremists, no doubt?

You don't hear much about Christian extremists blowing themselves up amongst innocent Muslims, do you?

1. profile image53
        chloelovesnuk.composted 13 years agoin reply to this

muslim .

1. skipper112 profile image60
          skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

is this a answer!!!!! paar?

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice one. smile

2. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

What' with the Muslims again? I dont wanna say this but even in our country the cause headache in a major major way. For Christ sake, give peace a way..

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslims are for peace

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

May they ALL become Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslims! big_smile

Or better yet. May they all become born again bible believing, Jesus loving Christians. big_smile

1. profile image51

Amen

2. skipper112 profile image60

paar you made sence then you stuffed up show me a TRUE PEACEFULL MUSLIM even you are nor PEACEFULL sorry paar POST CLOSED BY YOUR MISSTRUTHS

3. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

So let's have another vomiting contest...........

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/graemlins/puke.gif

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha - where did you get those?

4. profile image51

“As citizens of any country, we Ahmadi Muslims, will always show absolute love and loyalty to the State. Every Ahmadi Muslim has a desire for his chosen country to excel and should always endeavour towards this objective. Whenever a country requires its citizens to make sacrifices the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat will always be ready to bear such sacrifices for the sake of the nation.”

Spoke Mirza Masroor Ahmad- the Fifth Caliph of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908

1. profile image0
      1eyedixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

jou know senor' as well as me that all you and your Muslim buddies want is a Muslim world period.no other religion can be tolerated quran teaches jou give them 3 different invites,then its cut throat time jou know what i mean,a short hair cut about the neck area,you seem reasonably intelengte thats what wouldn't make any since to a rational mind except in the bible it clears this up,and he shall be a wild man,(and his hand shall be aganst every man and every mans hand shall be agsnst him)the first born of abraham,but not from his true wife sarah,ishmaiel was from hagar sarahs hand maid he was not the child of the promise but he was a child of abraham therefore he was blessed of the god of abraham issac ,jacob  to be the father of many nations( the muslims)but he was a wild man and his seed after him even to this day.shalom you say shalam

5. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Unfortunately the shias and sunnis, the major muslim sects don't recognize the Ahmadiyyas as muslims, so what this religious leader says will not be paid attention to by mainstream muslims.

agree you are right

6. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 13 years ago

Good for Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad. This statement needs to be repeated again and again, and other Muslim factions encouraged to take the same stance. Unfortunately it will get practically zero publicity in the  mainstream western media. There simply aren't enough dead bodies to make it 'newsworthy'.

Which is interesting, because it means the way to get maximum publicity if you are a Muslim is to kill or kidnap people. Preferably lots of people. The more people you kidnap and kill, the more publicity (and money from ransom) you and your statement gets. A Muslim making a statement about living in peace, no deaths, no hatred will achieve zero publicity.

Actually the same is true of any religion. A Christian preaching peace will get no publicity. One man threatening to burn a book massive publicity. The message this sends is if you want to be ignored say or do something sensible, if you want to be noticed, say or do something stupid. What a brilliant world we live in.

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I would that you be hot or cold. If you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth." It is written. smile

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religious extremism has no place...until the heavens part and you see the Son Of Man coming in the clouds...then see how extreme it gets.

2. Don W profile image83
        Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't understand your point.

1. Druid Dude profile image58
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The hot or cold thing? God would rather you be fervent,  but advises moderation in all things, otherwise, He would rather that you were cold on the subject, as in atheism. The ones he really can't stand are agnostics, because they don't commit to one or the other. So, fervently, not at all, but never an indecisive chickensh-t.

1. solarcaptain profile image60
            solarcaptainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I suspect those few who make it to heaven the first time around are going to be mighty surprised who they will see there.  Especially absent, however, will be all the "voices" of God that know exactly how he will treat a certain kind of "sin."  Especially harsh will be the punishment on agnostics?  I have met some agnostics that were more Christ-like, humble and giving than many of the ____________(_name the religion).

Of course, having died twice now, I can afford to be a little more charitable.  Neither was i worthy to skip right on in, nor pure enough to see the light, but that didn't stop me from learning what I needed to do to get in.

2. profile image51

Don W, you are right there; we will try that the message of peace reaches everybody

how paar even you are NOT peacefull

3. profile image51
  7. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I agree, religous extremist are dangerous...but then again any group or individuals who are extremists are dangerous... there are extremist in every group...atheist, christianity, Islamics, etc... I haven't seen a group yet, especially on hubs, where there aren't some very extremist individuals! They call the others out for being extremist...yet they forget to take a look in the mirror! And I am speaking of all groups! So don't take it personal!

My, my. Peaceful muslims, extremist christians. The most peaceful people I've met have been buddhists. Even atheists seem to foam at the mouth. Even more judgemental than some christians. Oh, and I think Mr Barnett is pointing out that no one panics till the landlord shows to collect the back rent that you still don't have. Be really fun to watch.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with the Druid.  Monks of any order are the only really peaceful extremists.

2. profile image51

libby101a; you are right here

8. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

will you answer any questions paar?

9. solarcaptain profile image60
    solarcaptainposted 13 years ago

It's a real paradox. Here we have an extremist running around wanting to know how come extremist Muslims are allowed to exist.

Religion is the cause of more hatred, class division, bloodshed, hysteria, ignorance, phony piety, misplaced zeal, and anti-person, anti-intellectualism, and is the seat of fools, liars and scoundrels.  In an effort to weed out "sin" the religious commit more crimes against God and humanity than any single sinner or group of sinners.

Ah, but they also gave us a history of ourselves, established and maintained some of the greatest, most beautiful architecture, learning and cultures on the earth. Though they have stolen great wealth, they have also given away fortunes to the poor and have taken a great social burden off society by encouraging good.

Surely no religion claims sons who desecrate temples, kill and maim the innocent, and spread blasphemy and lies to gain converts.

Sadly, all religions, throughout history are guilty. No! It is the people who are guilty. Nowhere do religions write down on their pages that any man is allowed to get away with the anti-religious rantings and hearsay that ultimately leads to our Father weeping and turning away. Of course he could stop it! But there's that old free-will thing we all love so much. Can't have it both ways, now, can we?

With religion, all is paradox.

10. profile image51

Mirza Masroor Ahmad- the Fifth Caliph of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 says:

It was the duty of every Ahmadi Muslim to profess love to his chosen country. Each Ahmadi Muslim had an obligation towards working for a better future for his country and his fellow citizens. Citing Pakistan as an example he said Ahmadis were treated as inferior citizens and had suffered the most barbaric cruelty, however this had never stopped them from being utterly loyal to the nation. He said that Pakistan had been founded upon the sacrifice of thousands of lives and the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat would always do its utmost to make sure that those lost lives were not taken in vain.

paar I am  sorry , you can talk as much as you like. The fact is mainstream Muslim's  do not reconise your sect, so nothing you say will change that.Your sect may be peacefull, your sect might be non threating  but the mainstream Muslims and Islamic sects do not reconize your sect. As a Christian I do take offence when you say (your opinion) that Jesus did not die on the Cross, as peacefull persons why insult other faiths?
      It also upsets me as a Christian to be told by a NON CHRISTIAN (suposed to be peacefull) that my Lord Jesus Christ died in India , and not on the cross, Paar with respect Jesus DID die on the cross NO ONE CAME DOWN ALIVE!!
      You will get  more respect if you stop your attacks on Christians, you NEVER attack the Jews, Budist's, Islam ( mainstream)  only Christians, how is that peacefull?? Paar look at the way you attack Jesus, the way you are mistaken about were Jesus died, yet you expect me as a Christian to respect your faith,when you are more peacefull and keep your wrongly percieved views of Jesus to your self, then you are worthy of respect.You have your views of the Christian faith, but as a non Christian they are just views, same as my views of Islam are the same as I do not follow Islam.Paar we do agree on one thing Religious zellots and extreamist have no place in this world, and like the 'cancer' they are they deserve to be cut out and destroyed. Before their actions in my opinion start a world religious war, then we all lose, that is what I feel could happen.
      May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and show you the way to peace.

1. profile image51

The Creator-God Allah YHWH sent Jesus in the Jews; and not many of the mainstream Jews accept him; that does not make Jesus a untrue Prophet and Jesus was not worried about it. Was he?

you were doing ok paar untill you oppend your mouth again.
          Allah NEVER sent Jesus anywere, God the Father out ranks a lessor God Allah;
          Get your facts right paar,
          nice try,May the Lord Jesus Christ ( a true God) bless you so you may see the truth
          ps. paar please remember Allah could not send Jesus anywere Allah  was out ranked big time

11. profile image51

Mirza Masroor Ahmad- the Fifth Caliph of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 says:

“As citizens of any country, we Ahmadi Muslims, will always show absolute love and loyalty to the State. Every Ahmadi Muslim has a desire for his chosen country to excel and should always endeavour towards this objective. Whenever a country requires its citizens to make sacrifices the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat will always be ready to bear such sacrifices for the sake of the nation.”

I also do belive you are peacefull, that I welcome. There has to be PEACE between all Religions. But there has to be no insults .............like Jesus went to india............. Paar that is a insult............ so if you truly want to be peacefull stop INSULTING Christians about Jesus. Jesus died on the Cross............... please do not keep saying Jesus was rescued and went to India................. to a Christian that is just UNTRUE.................... please NEVER say the Quran ......corrects the Bible .................. you say you are peacefull, good be peacefull, but please stop your uniformed attacks and mistruths about Jesus ok .
      Paar I welcome a debate and exchange about different FAITHS but please NEVER SAY my Lord Jesus Christ ever went to India, it never HAPPENED.
      Peace paar

1. profile image51

If you leave your home country and travel to other countries, there is no insult in it. Haven't you ever travelled? If your travel did not make any insult to you; how could Jesus's travel do any insult to him.

It is your own false imangination my friend; set it right, please.

The firse part of your answer, is correct. But the rest about Jesus is insane rubbish, paar Jesus never ever set foot in India, to say that you must , have only one mission in your life, to tell untruth's about Jesus, to show disrepect to Jesus, and to come up with Insane stories about Jesus. Get this through your head paar I do not know who went to India, but it was not Jesus, show me in the Quran or the Bible,( only the Quran or Bible will be accepted) were it said Jesus went to India, no other so called unproven texts, Bible or Quran, if you cannot show from the Bible or Quran then stop your insane lies, and stop YOUR false imanination ok paar?
          yes it is a insult to me when you say Jesus did what is UNPROVEN and NOT TRUE
          PROVE FROM QURAN OR BIBLE PAAR OR SHUT UP WITH YOUR INSANE ATTACKS ON JESUS!!

and paar this is what this Hub is about Religous extreism  , you saying extream untruth's about another  religion,you are showing yourself to be seen as ATTACKING another FAITH not with a Question, but a INSANE story that attacks the CORE of that religion, with a " I am 100% right, ' and your RELIGION is wrong attitude, BECAUSE I PAAR SAY IT IT WRONG AND I PAR AM PERFECTLY RIGHT AND REASONABLE. And you cannot Question me,( mind you I have no proof, just my statement) because I will NEVER answer any Question. Except with another insult ' it is your own false imagination my friend,set it right' you set yourself right paar!!!
          Paar you are not a Christian , you are Muslim I know the Christiam Religion better that you ever will, because I am Christian.and you should be ashamed to say the insane rubish you try to spread about Jesus.

12. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Extremous on any level is instanity.  I see the insane actions of men and I ask myself "you mean dying at 60,70 years isn't soon enough?"  The problem I see for why violences takes place isn't about religion or belief there is one word that describes it [ CONTROL ].

For whatever reason we can't be satisfied with our own life so we must control other people's lives.

Killing, torturing and for what- In a few years we won't be on this planet to worry about any of it- Like I Said Insanity!

I agree Span Star, God bless the voice of reason ty

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean 2012, end of the world?

13. SpanStar profile image60

No I'm not talking about 2012, in fact I'm betting I'll be seeing you (so to speak) in 2013, 2014, etc.

No we as individual will all leave here that you can bet all your money on.  Knowing this Fact what is the point of all this hostility?  Once we leave here there is never any coming back so what is the point in fighting for something we don't even own?  It's like gangs protecting their turf- they don't own that turf and if the city decided they want it back there is nothing these gangs can do about it, so they killing and dying over Nothing.

well said Span Spar God bless

I heard of the end the world many times throughout my life.
      Do you have anything to sell big, for very cheap?

1. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a tower computer I needed to sell but since I'll be around after the sale I can't let it go for cheap.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

Your computer has too much information, he he, hee.

14. SpanStar profile image60

Thank you for your support Stripper112

15. SpanStar profile image60

I meant Skipper, as you can tell I'm getting older and don't see like when I was younger

Hey Span I'm no spring chicked at 66, 67 next month, but I still have a passion for My Lord Jesus Christ, and will defend Jesus untill my last moment on this earth.
      I also belive my Lord Jesus Christ has looked after me during my life,as you already know Jesus is a kind loveing God.
      God bless SpanStar

16. profile image51

Religious extremism has no place in society

Anymore than extremism atheists? Good thing I love everyone.

Religious extremist have no place in society, yet I see have flooded on this forum with your comment about Allah. Why don'y stay and talk rather than run off?

17. tritrain profile image71
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Funny, I was just thinking that society has no place in extreme religion.

Best to burn with a consuming fire.

18. SpanStar profile image60

Castlepaloma I think you're right when it comes to conversing over at issues which might need to be discussed that is however if the conversation is going to achieve some sort of an objective, like a better understanding of the issue or some action step to be taken but unfortunately today we have people who simply like to argue just for the sake of arguing.  When 2 people plant their feet in the ground like 2 gunfighters then nothing is being accomplished and frankly I see that as a waist of time as both parties leave the same as they had arrived unchanged.

I just try to say my peace and move along. In the odd case of paar, I may of stayed too long. Not a bad guy, just too onesided.

19. profile image51

Mirza Masroor Ahmad- the Fifth Caliph of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 said:

“We feel pain and distress when any nation suffers and we share the grief and pain of others. Thus whenever any country faces difficulty we try our utmost to alleviate their suffering. That is what the founder of Islam, the Holy Prophet Muhammad, taught us. It was the Holy Prophet who counselled that you should put your own pain to one side in an effort to alleviate the suffering of all of mankind. It is thus that the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat is involved in spreading humility, love and kindness.”

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I have been following your comments for awhile and I have come to this conclusion, What your messiah teaches his followers is very similar to what the christian swear are the words of their god. My problem is that what you and they claim to be the teachings of their lord, god, messiah, ect. has damned little to do with the actions of the aforementioned followers. Every religion teaches the same thing and the followers of every religion ignore this, in their god's name. The ideals of a religion never seem to meet the reality of the followers. The biggest problem with all religions is that by becoming a follower, you have elevated yourself to a position of moral supremecy. add to this that very few religous superstars are recognized for their intelligence level and you end up with a mindest that convinces you that you are the bee's knees when it comes to being a respectable, decent human being. Why dont you religous people try acting like your savior instead of a holier than thou _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blanks)?

Stump Parrish,
        G'day you bring up a verry good point. I can only speak for my self, but here goes. I am Catholic, I belive in the word's and teaching of Jesus Christ. I  do not belive I am supreame to other Faith's Just different.I try to lead a good life, and I fail many times yet by my prayers and the grace of God I belive I will end up ok,

What really upsets me is other faiths ( Islam) telling me Jesus did not die on the cross, there are 2 idea's , 1 is Allah saved Jesus from the Cross and took Jesus to heaven, ( Mainstream Islam) 2nd  Allah saved Jesus and Jesus went to India( Ahmidi Islam) this is a banned sect of Islam..

To me both are false, even if you ask nicely they keep attacking Jesus,  this is like your part of your post when you state ' why don't you religous people try acting  more like your savior'......... in my case Jesus. I agree with you and also state it is so verry hard.

However I try to get on with all Christian and Non Christian Faith's, and I admit sometimes I go off the rails a bit.
        thank you for a verry good post my friend,
        God Bless

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)