jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Agreed that Bible does not speak of aliens but..

1. thirdmillenium profile image71
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

what are those billions and trillions of stars and planets doing up there? Do they not have any purpose except being in existence?  Then why are they there at all?

Why should God have gone to such lengths to create them? I think there should be billions of civilizations flourishing all over the universe.

Alien sightings are attributed to apparasions by demons and the like. If taken at face vaue and even if this point is not contested, it still does not explain what those planets are for.

I think Christians would have to be pragmatic and concede that there is life elsewhere. It surely does not go against Biblical facts

1. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The very same reasons our sun and planets are here, they were the result of gravity.

There is no evidence to suggest gods created them. In fact, there is far more evidence that explains they were the result of gravity.

That's possible and likely.

They are not for anything that we can attribute, just like if there were civilizations there, our earth and sun have nothing to do with them.

Biblical facts? Never heard of them, what are they? smile

thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Simple:
        The facts which are in the Bible

1. Beelzedad profile image60
          Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Again, never heard of them, please point them out. smile

2. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Added to which, these celestial bodies and systems are continuously destroying each other, a vast uninhabitable graveyard -- the destruction of which for the most part humans are ignorant of.

As my man Hitchens would say:

"Some design, huh?"

3. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

What about the four "living creatures" that Ezekiel said he saw?

thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ezekiel mistook an alien craft for God's vehicle.
      God would not need a "vehicle" would he?

working