jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

In times of need..........

1. vicki simms profile image73
    vicki simmsposted 6 years ago

who do you pray to? are you prayers answered? is it worth praying?

1. Jerami profile image78
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are so many religions, so many names for the God of heaven that many years ago while praying I simply said," God I don't know with All certainty what your name is"   I know several versons of what "THEY" say that it is.
        " I believe that you are the God that Abraham served"
      "and that is who I am praying to when I say "Lord Help me"  "Forgive me"  "give me strength"  Or understanding.

After making that proclamation,  now I just say  "Lord"

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I pray to Almighty God about everything. I pray to Christ Jesus God's only begotten Son for His Forgiveness of my sinfulness and my sins. I pray to God's Holy Spirit for knowledge,guidance, wisdom, faith, strength.
      Is it worth it? For me personally yes. I cannot speak for others.

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

God gave me all that he ever had when he gave me nothing..

Now I am in need of no other thing.

2. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 6 years ago

in times of need Vicki well I'm trying to fix it all by my self but I always end up messing it even more.. God had always been faithful for the past 18 years in my life. God's answers to prayers could be yes if you asked for the right thing, no for He knew what's best and wait for it's not the right time yet. Feel free to pray, with that you'll know that He'll never get tired of listening to our everything. smile

1. Dave Barnett profile image61
      Dave Barnettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He is within you. When you think, you pray. All prayers are heard, those that are attainable are answered, those that are not, require more, or a different kind of effort. Much confusion seems to pervade the situation, in that some believe God will intervene, when intervention is for man to do. Here on earth, man's conduct concerning all life is the chain which we have forged, and the links of it will we wear at our judgement.