Do you believe in the paranormal?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Boogr profile image61
    Boogrposted 13 years ago

In spirit of the up and coming holiday, Halloween, I thought this one would be fun!
    Have you ever had a paranormal experience? If so, please share!
    If you don't believe, could you please explain why?

My verdict-
    I do believe in the supernatural, I believe there is energy all around us. An experience that sticks out at me is a few years ago, when I was 17, I moved into my very first, fully furnished garage apartment. I had always thought the creepy feelings at the back of my neck and the nightmares of a man committing suicide were some sort of separation anxiety from living away from my parents. After a few months, the dreams went from violent to amorous, and I had a growing sense of protection.
    After I met my neighbors, they told me the story of how they found that the previous tenant hung himself from the top of the stairs. After coming in, they realized in horror, that my landlord was also using the previous mans belongings to furnish my apt. So I did some research, and the man who had committed suicide had done so because he had physically abused his girlfriend and she left him for it. His girlfriend has a strange resemblance to me...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow,

I believe in ghost though  --- sometimes when I put a face mask, I look like a ghost

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe in it. A friend of mine has a similar story. And I don't think he lies. He used to feel a presence of some sort of energy in his house. When he probed into the matter, he was told that a lady was killed in this house.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Worked at a haunted nursing home. It was a hospital run by nuns, and some of the sisters evidently never left.

3. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What an incredible story!! Fascinating. And yes it is all about energy and your psyche being in tuned to the energy that was left behind. What horror to realize that when you still lived there! And had to sleep there. Gross.

4. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've meet a ghost twice.
      Most people have talked about ghost,
      About 35% belive there are ghost ,
      Many have talk to A ghost.
      Some have made love to a goat, owwps! I mean ghost, maybe I'm wrong there.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did mean to scare everyone away with my goat joke.

2. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

I believe very wierd things that I can not explain have happend to me. I suppose there are explainations, I just haven't figured them out yet.

3. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

There are some things in this world that human knowledge cannot explain. Not yet. All my life I see dreams. Not always, very rarely I should say. If  I see them, I see usualy very clearly and I remember them. They are strange and unexplainable. In a couple of years they come true in my real world! Who could explain? I can't. I should point that I am not religious nor superstitious.

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image61

I agree. I have dreams that teach me on a whole new level. It's like going to school or work in the astral realm. Then I have dreams like you do and they come true. It is phenomenal.

I now have started back to dreams of dead people coming to me --once again!! The challenge of getting people to cross over to the other side can be interesting to say the least. It use to be them telling me how they died and taking me to the location. Astral Travel.

Couple decades later in those types of dreams I am now working on crossing them over to the light! Astral Projection Experiences.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

4. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

I believe in aliens.

1. Boogr profile image61
      Boogrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too! I've been reading about the new possibly habitable planet orbiting a near by star! They were also stating that there are probably 1000's more like it in our galaxy!
      Google it, the planet name is Gliese 581g!

2. Druid Dude profile image60

I believe in illegal aliens. One just walked past my house. I took a picture. Not sure about technology. No evidence so far. Life isn't far fetched, even intelligent life on a par with our own, but that would likely be detectable. Last part talkin' bout off world aliens, not the other ones.

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's one thing I hate about visiting the US - at the airport I have to join the queue for 'Aliens'. Me? An 'alien'?
        Well, at least I'm a legal 'alien'.

5. Cow Flipper profile image74
    Cow Flipperposted 13 years ago

I know this sounds weird but the connection between what we see as paranormal has one connection that is always involved in these events and that is the human connection. If you are at all interested in the science side of paranormal research then you should learn about the laws of quantum particles and how they behave when they are observed compared to how they behave when they are left on their own... also known as the uncertainty principle. In understanding how the quantum world interacts with the larger physical reality we all exist in we have to take into account perception and our physical senses and how we perceive those things we do not know how to describe with our physical senses.

There is also self or mass manifestation or creating a non-existent reality in our physical world through the absolute belief in what it is you think you are experiencing. Experiments have shown that a person truly believing that the event is real will reinforce the event making it real at least to the believer.

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image61

Interesting. I lost you on the last paragraph but until that point I enjoy the intelligence of what you had learned!

I would like to add here: just because someone experiences something and others do not doesn't mean it isn't real. Not everyone has in use at any given time clairaudience, clairvoyance, remote viewing skills, aura reading, energy reading, mediumistic gifts and psychic abilities, etc., that they can tap into. In order to see, hear, and know things that someone next to them might not experience. It doesn't make it any less real!!

Sometimes I think academic intelligence gets in the way of our spiritual nature. Especially psychology and left brainer ideas. When we start to balance out the brain and use both sides evenly, we will become much more balanced in our perceptions and more aware of spiritual phenomena. For we our souls having a human experience.

I say what I say because I am a psychic medium and at any given time I could be using any of the gifts I mentioned and someone next to me might not see, hear, or have any awareness to what I experience from a heighten sense of awareness for knowing on a totally different level. It lifts the veil and cuts through illusions.

6. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Our brain tells us that what we see and hear and feel is a reality, but for some people the reality is quite different. Could we just wake up one day and find out that we are actually just brains in a tube with wiring around us and nothing else...? Scary.

1. Druid Dude profile image60

I do not believe in the paranormal, but I do believe that there are things which we have failed to define in Normal terms, that these things, far from being supernatural, are completely natural.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you

7. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

Those who do not believe in Paranormal occurences are constrained within the confines of the known.  Theirs is a limited universe for they do not even believe in their own creativity.   Where do ideas come from?  The mind?   What is mind?  It is a concept, not a scientific fact. But everyone knows that it exists - even though it's Paranormal.  Such people deny even themselves.   Their mind can't be measured, weighed, photographed of analysed therefore it ISN'T.

Can you even begin to imagine how a savage from the jungles of say, South America would perceive someone holding up a cell phone and showing him a movie on it.  This would be magic!   This would be paranormal!   The paranormal becomes normal to those who experience it regularly.  At least keep an 'open' mind so you can give yourself a chance to experience what, at the moment is, to you skeptics, Paranormal.

8. thirdmillenium profile image59
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

All paranormal activities of every description are the doings of Satan who wants to divert The Faithful into believing that there is something like soul and it lives after one dies.Bible clearly says there is nothing known as soul and there is no after-life. Satan further confuses people into thinking that the unharnessed soul takes the form of ghost and is the perpetrator all sorts of paranormal activities.

Do not believe the charlatan, Satan.

Enjoy the movies like exorcist, Omen and 100s of other quality movies as movies and think nothing more of it. Enjoy, like I did, the acting prowess of Richard Burton in one of the Omen movies and leave it at that

Amen

1. Boogr profile image61
      Boogrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, zealot....much??

9. wearing well profile image75
    wearing wellposted 13 years ago

I'm very open and spiritually minded on these beliefs but personally I was once at a funeral of a distant relative who I didn't know.A few days later I experienced a vivid dream where the recently deceased spoke to me.I was compelled to speak to the recently deceased family about the messages I was given in the dream.I think it helped give the family reassurance and closure too:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)