jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Moral relativism is a lie..it doesn't work.

1. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 5 years ago

What do you think?

Give examples to support your view. Have fun.

"I'll be back". lol lol lol

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Who's morals?

Prefer ethics.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Will this be another one of those threads where an empty claim is made and everyone else will have to do your homework for you because you're unable to support it? smile

2. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 5 years ago

What? No moral relativists online today?
    Usually you're all so loud and persistent. hmm

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are values which are contrary to many fundamental religious perspectives. Some atheists focus on intellectual values like skepticism and critical thinking while others focus on ethics and think all people already know what’s is wrong or right … Everyone is brought up with some sort of moral system, and it usually works well enough? What's the point of putting more rules and more moral rather than simplified it all down to Do Not Harm?

It's possible, that religious and theistic belief may be dangerous for moral behavior. USA as it resemble Sodom and Gomorrah more any other so called Christian Nation in the western world.

Robin Hood is the most ethical choice: to leave the money with the rich people who own it or give the money to the poor people who need it to survive?

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey AKA,

Here is "morals" for you. If you disagree, then I would suggest you think about your morals afterward.

(not for self promotion, but to address topic)
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-Your-Problem … -Knowledge

Morals are man-made. Morals are the descriptive manner in which to explain our own conscience.

Just a thought.

4. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 5 years ago

As I understand it moral relativism does not have an expressed purpose. Therefore it can neither work or not work, it simply is. Or maybe it isn't. But that's a different question.

5. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 5 years ago

Having different morals than you do does not make someone a moral relativist, it just means they have different morals than you do. I don't think I've ever seen a true moral relativist on the forums here - everybody has a line drawn firmly in the sand somewhere.

6. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Yes it does, relatively speaking.