jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Time Traveler Caught on Charlie Chaplin Film

1. 0
    rakubaposted 5 years ago

Do you really believe there was a time traveler caught on a 1928 Charlie Chaplin film "Circus" ?

My personal opinion
    1. Those two don't look like from time where people had cell phones. Too old fashioned. They look like they are from 50s. 
    2. If they really had a cell phone, whom they would talk to in 1928? Were cell phone networks a that time?
    3. Why would two of them need to talk by phone at the same time? They look busy.
    4. They are definetely not time travelers, but just people who unintentionaly caught by camera and tried to cover their faces.

What do you think?

2. mythbuster profile image86
    mythbusterposted 5 years ago

I don't know what is caught on the Charlie Chaplin film but it's interesting to watch:

I'd still like to hear what other people think about what is on this film clip.

I think it is possible that what the person is holding up to his/her ear might be an early model hearing aid device and nothing more than that although if I didn't know that the film was so old, I would conclude that the device is a cell phone.

3. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

I have not heard of a time traveler in a Charlie Chaplin film or any other film but I have heard stories of people being pushed back in time somehow where the circumstances seemed very odd and time travel was the most logical explanation for unusual events. Not to sure if its a case of a very over active imignation, fiction being presented as fact or what. The story was to do with a man 'appearing' in the road in front of a car and his dress was not that of the current time, and he claimed to be from a different time, beyond that I do not recall the details. Let me just say that unless I can control where I go and am able to return to my time when I want I would not want to time travel at all! Would not be fun.

1. Sab Oh profile image60
      Sab Ohposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I heard about that guy! His name was Calvin Klein and he knew Doc Brown and played guitar at the "Under the Sea" dance at the high school where McFly got together with this really cute girl and...

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Shielding her eyes from the sun?

Talking to herself?

Hearing aid? http://hearing.siemens.com/ca/10-about- … ?year=1924

All reasonable explanations.  Time traveler?  Not reasonable.

5. Aidan James profile image59
    Aidan Jamesposted 5 years ago

Ahh c'mon,

obviously its a time traveller.

One, who went to the early 00's to get her shoes, then back to the 50's to get her grannie's hat and coat and then went back in time to have a chat on her mobile with someone else (even if there were no mobile phone towers and transmission back then) all while walking through a film set to ensure it was captured.

Its all perfectly logical...

1. jeri741 profile image60
      jeri741posted 5 years ago in reply to this

well I'm a believer....

6. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

I don't know what to believe, but she was certainly fugly.

1. tritrain profile image77
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good point!

And we all know that time travelers would be good looking.  I think that proves it's a fraud!

7. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

big_smile big_smile big_smile

8. ChristinaScibona profile image87
    ChristinaScibonaposted 5 years ago

I watched it yesterday and I have to admit that when you slow it down and look at a close-up it looks like that lady is talking on a cell phone.  Her mouth is even moving when she is doing it.  I don't think it is a time traveler but it is interesting that is for sure.  Also, about the clothes...they look really weird...