jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Jesus name is just 400 year old?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

I read an writeup jesus = zeus which states that jesus name is mere 400 year old and attempt to equate jesus =zeus...

here is abstract :

What is the Real name of the Messiah

The name of Jesus is a 400 year old name approximately, because the English language never had the letter "J" till then.

This is very important, because it says in the Bible by one name only shall you be saved. So it becomes frightfully important. Because it is a recent name not known by THE ALMIGHTY.
    In fact the Original King James Bible had the name Iesus inside. This is also a historical record of the fact the name Jesus is a very modern name in terms of history.

1. rdlang05 profile image88
      rdlang05posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you being serious, or is this a troll?

Jesus is just the English translation of Yeshua, the Hebrew name meaning "God Saves".

Just because it's translated doesn't mean God doesn't know the name... how can you say that an "almighty" being doesn't know something?

And for the record, Zeus is greek, and is derived from the indo-european name "dyeus" meaning 'to gleam or shine".  It has nothing to do with the Hebrew (a completely different language) of Jesus.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image68
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

Jesus is actually a poor translation of the Hebrew name Yeshua. The problem with taking the Bible by its literal word is that you are not reading the original text. Some Christians believe that the translations were guided by God, but then which translation? There are differences in meanings of verses when comparing just about any translation of the Bible with any different translation of the Bible. Even the King James Version (KJV) which was once the dominant Bible used in the Christian faith is starting to lose popularity as the modern vernacular moves away from such words as "thee" and "thou", to give a couple of examples.

If Christians are really expected to know the one true name of the man commonly called Jesus, then I have trouble believing it's the one true faith. I think the passage you are referring to should be read as "by one man in particular should you be saved". That man, if you are to believe what Christians believe, lived about 2,000 years ago, was born to a virgin mother, was executed while in his mid-30's, then returned from the dead two days later. What his precise name was is not really what's important.

1. rdlang05 profile image88
      rdlang05posted 5 years ago in reply to this