I am an atheist.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

This is all you know about me other than my opinions. Why do you fear me, and hate me, when you don't even know me? Perhaps you have been taught to hate me by those you trust? Do you honestly believe I am a godless baby-eater?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought you had horns and a tail. (kidding)
      I'm non bias, go for it.

Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually I currently do have the horns but that involved partying with my barber who appearently has a sense of humor but, this is not the place, nor the time for that story. Any way, I made a vow never to drink to much around her again. Figure I might I as well spring for the tail and go as a godless baby-eater for halloween.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
          Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Veal for dinner?

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You represent opposition to "accepted" beliefs. Those who cannot tolerate their beliefs to be questioned will always be threatened by you.

Which can also mean that those who are unwilling to question their own thought processes and beliefs operate from a premise of fear. Because if they might be wrong, what is the meaning of anything?

2. profile image56
    exorterposted 13 years ago

I am a Christian, I do not hate you, as you said I do not even know you, I know people that I do not like their ways, I worked with one person that there was nothing about him that I could like, but I did not hate Him, A Christian is not going to hate anyone, there are those that call themselves Christian but are not, by me being christian if I post on hub pages, you can bet there will be people attacking my comments they will talk of how ignorant and foolish I am for believing in my God
    some of the people on hub pages are waiting for a chance to attack someone, It goes both ways, there are people that call themselves Christians that are ready to attack, but that is not the way of a true Christian

1. profile image56
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that is not the way of a decent human

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

Are you saying atheists are not decent human being because they confront Christians?

I don't think so. Hold on I'll go check ++++++++++++++  ++++++++++  +++ nope I wasn't. I was saying that you can't automatically determine that a person is a decent person simply based upon their claim to be a christian or an atheist. Wait a minute that doesn't sound right. BRB +++++++++++++++++++  +++++++++++++++++++++  ==== Close enough, I'm going with this one.

2. profile image56

Castlepaloma, confronting people about religion or beliefs is a good thing, attacking someone saying, telling them they are ignorant, stupid, childish, that is not confronting, that is attackingt,
          I did not say any thing bad about atheists, I was talking about people attacking others because of belief, like I said before, there are people that call themself Christian that attack other people, you do not judge everyone for the actions of a few

1. tonynosense profile image61
            tonynosenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True, but you cannot deny that religion, be it Christianity or not, has generally had a horrible record as far as toleration goes.

You may not hate as Christian but very devote Christians have no problem reconciling their faith with hate.

Seems like this god failed in designing people, religion or both if a god in fact designed them!

1. Jerami profile image58
              Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True, but you cannot deny that humanity, be it American, Asian,European or African, has generally had a horrible record as far as toleration goes.

You may not hate as terrorists do, but few people have a problem reconciling themselves with hate.

Seems like parents have failed in raising their children to respect the rights of others. If in fact thay even tried.

2. Stump Parrish profile image61

It is with a heavy heart that I say...in my opinion, very few christians are really decent humans anymore. Christianity has become a political weapon and it is being wielded freely to dominate and control the world. 

I am running into a problem involving part of your comment alot lately. I am hearing an awful lot about this so called  "true christian". The problem is every christian out there now claims to be a true christian based upon his indiviual beliefs. True Christians have become just another sect of mainstream Christianity. There is no way to tell by looking at your basic Christian and determining whether or not they are a true Christian. We are forced to take each of you at your word when you claim to be a Christian. Until Christians distance themselves from and stop voting with all the untrue Christians and false Christians, you all get lumped together as Plain Old Christians.

This is one reason I don't think we should be considered a christian nation, we have enough problems in our country with out adding all the bickering christians do amongst themselves. Seriously, with over 2000 years of exposure to one book and you still can't agree on what it says. We have enough of this type of incompetence in our government already, thanks anyway but no thanks.

We face the same problem when we are introduced to another, we base our initial impressions on the reputation of, and personal wxperience with what ever label they claim as their own. We shouls take people at their word and not try to nit pic about who they claim to be. Of course we do run the risk of finding out they really are A$$Holes but we should get to know them before we make this distinction.

1. profile image56

most Christians believe that if they go to church,they are Christians,
          You do not know how to tell who is a true Christian? watch their words, true Christians is not going to attack, the tongue will show the true nature of man

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Stump,

Whatever floats your boat dude. lol

Usually it's water but I have been known to experiment. Ice didn't work out for the NOW obvious reasons.

4. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

In my opinion, you are free to believe anything you choose to believe.  Wrong or right it is not for me to judge.  It does not mean you are a bad person or a great one, I form opinions on how people act not on their religious beliefs.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

best way to be

5. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

There are those who call themselves Christians then stereotype the athiests as satan's toe suckers. Then the 'true' Christians say that those other Christians are not true Christans. The athiest shakes their head in dispair.

There are those who call themselves athiests then stereotype the Christian's as deluded simpletons. Then the 'true' athiests say that those other athiests are not true athiests. The Christian shakes their head in dispair.

But then maybe you are all taking forumland a little too seriously.

1. profile image56

a Christian(Christ like)
      No one can live up to that, but a true Christian will try
      James 4:11 says not to speak against other Christians
      James 5: forgot verse
      any way a Christians are not to speak badly about any one
      a simple rule, that so many do not try to live by,
      if some one does not try to live by the scriptures, just go to church, then they are not Christian

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I no longer call myself a Christian because Christian means Christ like as in doing the things He did. Now seeing as I've never healed a blind man or fed a multitude with a tuna fish sandwich and a bag of crisps, I guess I'm not one and I've never met one. All I can say is I'm a believer in Christ. Besides which the term Christian has been so abusd by the church that the very name has brough Christ into disrepute.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

exorter

Do you think most American are Christ like?

Do you think most atheist are Atheist like?

I wonder about  both groups and what their purpose is all about

1. profile image56

are Americans Christ like?   
          from what I have seen in a lot of churches is not what it should be.  A lot of the Atheists came from those churches, Some have had pretty bad experiences in church, and that is why there is despise coming from them towards the Christians,  People that go to church know what it should be like and when they do not see that,it can drive them away.
          We only see the bad news about the leaders of the churches on the news,
          But we never see the good news that take place in churches, If I see something in church that should not be there, I try to talk to the parties involved, some times it is like talking to a brick wall,
          Every one needs to remember that you should not judge all by the actions of some.
          There are Christians that claim to be, but are not.
          There are Atheist that believe in God, but with their past history in church, they have hateful feelings toward church and will not admit their belief in Jesus

1. profile image56

The Bible states that in the last days there will be a great falling away.
            People that call themselves Christians are falling away from the word, thus they are no longer Christians.
            Christians= trying to be Christ like

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
              Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a huge apostasy at work today and it isn't about Christians becoming athiests. It's the Third Wave Word of Faith Movement which vomits into your living room via TBN.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)